[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by bobbahbrown » #610513

Bottom post of the previous page:

wowza!

looks like it's time again!

will you be running? who will win? will goof secure his 2021 victory and finally control our democracy as a paradise for the proletariat? will coconut continue into his unprecedented fourth term?

all this and more in today's headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium!

with excitement,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
BorisvcBorison
Byond Username: Boris vc Borisvon

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by BorisvcBorison » #611462

AIIA wrote:I don't even know any of these candidates in the election, much less what their names are.
run for headmin mothman.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by MortoSasye » #611463

Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #611464

MortoSasye wrote:Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Sure. Ask me anything.
► Show Spoiler
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #611465

Farquaar wrote:
MortoSasye wrote:Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Let me ask questions
Sure. Ask me anything.
What do you think of birds?
NSFW:
BorisvcBorison

Post by BorisvcBorison » #611466

Farquaar wrote:Sure. Ask me anything.
are you named after the midget from shrek
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #611467

armhulen has my vote, he's the only one i know
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #611469

yall postin more than like 2 sentences

boy i'm straight stupid okay you gotta type at my pace
Fishimun wrote:armhulen has my vote, he's the only one i know
atta boy aaaaaaatta boyyyy leeeeeeeeeeeeeeets gooooooooooh
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #611470

rave is a manuel admin he cannot be allowed to win under any circumstances
wanting the hut back is something I understand but DONT BITE THE FUCKING BAIT
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #611472

MortoSasye wrote:What do you think of birds?
I decline to answer this leading question
BorisvcBorison wrote:are you named after the midget from shrek
No, I got the name from a randomly generated Scottish merchant I saw in Medieval 2 Total War
► Show Spoiler
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611473

Farquaar wrote:
No, I got the name from a randomly generated Scottish merchant I saw in Medieval 2 Total War
Honestly thought that was the name of the guy in your profile pic
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #611474

Armhulen wrote:
Farquaar wrote:
Honestly thought that was the name of the guy in your profile pic
That handsome fellow would be Beefankle the Blacksmith, from The Begun of Tigtone
Last edited by Farquaar on Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #611475

Farquaar wrote:
Sob
NSFW:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #611476

I'm an active participant in a birds channel on another Discord :D

Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #611478

Mothblocks wrote:I'm an active participant in a birds channel on another Discord :D

Sorry guys mothblocks won, bye bye other candidates!
NSFW:
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #611483

This election is Rave's to lose.

But the pins he had on his post are too big to put in a forum signature. smh.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611490

how the fuck are you still willing to go for headmin @naloac
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #611491

so is armhulen's platform just time travelling to 2017? meh i ve seen more ambitious candidates like coders trying to win a popularity contest
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #611492

THREADS ARE OUT ALREADY
my favorite and delicious!!! I'm glad we can finally get off the topic of trains and wade knee deep in what really matters. I've just read Dragomagol's tread because they were my number one pick going into this. I like a lot of what I see, mind you it isn't the beefiest and doesn't go into any controversial issues that are already being discussed. However I'm sure they will get a chance to touch on those in debates. They are very active and on top of it, judging by how fast they got their post in. I like that they have experience on different servers. a lot of what they bring up seems like very palatable stuff that won't bring up any drama but you never know where a landmine is. They are a very safe choice and I think I came out of this judging them just as highly as I did coming in. Good luck Drago!!
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #611494

Flatulent wrote:how the fuck are you still willing to go for headmin @naloac
its like an abusive relationship. I love it and I believe I can change it yet it beats me all the same
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #611495

Vote for me because I have no career after so I'm not afraid to yell at people/ big a big boss.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611497

Naloac wrote:
Flatulent wrote:how the fuck are you still willing to go for headmin @naloac
its like an abusive relationship. I love it and I believe I can change it yet it beats me all the same
i wont vote for you until you change “2020” on your pfp for “2021”
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611498

Vote for anyone but the burnt out cat please. Let there be some variety. Geez.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611500

Sorry but the burnt out cat is our guy we will keep voting for them as long as they keep running
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #611501

WineAllWine wrote:This election is Rave's to lose.

But the pins he had on his post are too big to put in a forum signature. smh.
Shrunk the pins down to signature size and included them in the thread. Enjoy! :mrgreen:
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #611503

Agux909 wrote:Vote for anyone but the burnt out cat please. Let there be some variety. Geez.
burnt out? no, otherwise I wouldnt be running variety is good though
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611505

I swear to god if we get another 3 termer. I really hate them and I really want to add a consecutive term limit. so you can run and win again after a break if you have already won twice in a row. ofc nothing against lepi and coco, just that ugh admin decisions take soooooo long and then they have the gall to say they aren't burned out when I came from an era where headmins decisions were within days and we made wide sweeping changes like rewriting escalation to things we still use today WHILE kor was just casually making lavaland. where the fuck is the passion yall
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:so is armhulen's platform just time travelling to 2017? meh i ve seen more ambitious candidates like coders trying to win a popularity contest
2017... home... kor ausops and i brought one of the greatest leaps in community quality this place has never achieved again and citrus and rustled and i would have continued that pace if my actions last term didn't scare all the drama whores out of hiding. and now we dont have em and now adminbus is an incredibly friendly little beehive
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #611506

No goof OR sticky candidacy posts yet :shock:
looks like basedcat will be my first vote, followed by codermins until that changes
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611508

Armhulen wrote:I swear to god if we get another 3 termer. I really hate them and I really want to add a consecutive term limit. so you can run and win again after a break if you have already won twice in a row. ofc nothing against lepi and coco, just that ugh admin decisions take soooooo long and then they have the gall to say they aren't burned out when I came from an era where headmins decisions were within days and we made wide sweeping changes like rewriting escalation to things we still use today WHILE kor was just casually making lavaland. where the fuck is the passion yall
Ngl this convinced me to actually consider your platform.

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #611514

bingo2.png
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611516

WineAllWine wrote:snip
false/broken promises ticked please
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #611520

Sacko wrote:THREADS ARE OUT ALREADY
my favorite and delicious!!! I'm glad we can finally get off the topic of trains and wade knee deep in what really matters. I've just read Dragomagol's tread because they were my number one pick going into this. I like a lot of what I see, mind you it isn't the beefiest and doesn't go into any controversial issues that are already being discussed. However I'm sure they will get a chance to touch on those in debates. They are very active and on top of it, judging by how fast they got their post in. I like that they have experience on different servers. a lot of what they bring up seems like very palatable stuff that won't bring up any drama but you never know where a landmine is. They are a very safe choice and I think I came out of this judging them just as highly as I did coming in. Good luck Drago!!
Thank you! :heart: All the energy on discord and on the forums is getting me hyped!

I think making it beefier would have sort of gone against the spirit of making things easier to read, and I didn't want to just pad it out! I'm ready to expand on the issues people have in debates and when the forum is unlocked.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #611523

Guys if you read it closely sticky’s thread says if he wins he will never run again, this one could have merit :ugeek:
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611525

wesoda25 wrote:Guys if you read it closely sticky’s thread says if he wins he will never run again, this one could have merit :ugeek:
"ok JUST ONCE AND IM GONE GUYS PLEASE"
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #611529

give sticky gamemaster back so he doesn't have to run
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #611531

Rave wanting to bring the hut back is pretty based, not gonna lie.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611532

Gigapuddi420 wrote:Rave wanting to bring the hut back is pretty based, not gonna lie.
I know I'm a global mod so I'm kinda expected to know this but even I knew that was a promise that couldn't be made
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #611533

GamerAndYeahMick wrote:give sticky gamemaster back so he doesn't have to run
i have strong legs
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #611535

I don't want to vote I like too many of the platforms I don't want to choose between them.
As an American this makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am used to picking between candidates I all hate.

Boris’s thread was hilarious also, oranges was incorrect about it being unfunny.
Spoiler:
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #611539

Armhulen wrote:I know I'm a global mod so I'm kinda expected to know this but even I knew that was a promise that couldn't be made
they didn't promise it per say, they just made a point of wanting a dialogue about reviving the hut for peanut posts because of how dramatic and public facing peanuts can be. I kind of agree.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #611541

sinfulbliss wrote:I don't want to vote I like too many of the platforms I don't want to choose between them.
As an American this makes me extremely uncomfortable as I am used to picking between candidates I all hate.

Boris’s thread was hilarious also, oranges was incorrect about it being unfunny.
as a reminder, votes are done on order of your favorite to least favorite, not like classic American first past the post voting
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #611542

Mothblocks wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:I don't want to vote I like too many of the platforms I don't want to choose between them.

as a reminder, votes are done on order of your favorite to least favorite, not like classic American first past the post voting
hey it's not just america that uses it, it's equally shit across the whole world
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by WineAllWine » #611543

I hope Kieth wins the player vote, definitely the most interesting possible outcome
BorisvcBorison

Post by BorisvcBorison » #611544

sinful my thread was incredibly unfunny please do not try to take an contrarian approach
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611545

WineAllWine wrote:I hope Kieth wins the player vote, definitely the most interesting possible outcome
the most interesting outcome is me becoming the boss of this crappy joint
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #611546

Armhulen wrote:I swear to god if we get another 3 termer. I really hate them and I really want to add a consecutive term limit. so you can run and win again after a break if you have already won twice in a row. ofc nothing against lepi and coco, just that ugh admin decisions take soooooo long and then they have the gall to say they aren't burned out when I came from an era where headmins decisions were within days and we made wide sweeping changes like rewriting escalation to things we still use today WHILE kor was just casually making lavaland. where the fuck is the passion yall
Im not really sure how you came to this since you where a headmin yourself at one point but you realise that alot of these decisions need all three of you to be there and also agree? If one persons not there for a big thing then it probably wont happen till they are, Then factor in the fact that the headmins are also euros/ americans so thats more waiting for people to reply over maybe days. Yeah it shouldnt take so long but your reason of it being *burn out* is way off
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611547

Naloac wrote:
Im not really sure how you came to this since you where a headmin yourself at one point but you realise that alot of these decisions need all three of you to be there and also agree?
surprisingly not the case, having headmins drop in on things they care about (for example policy discussion) allows then to vote with their omission and it's a system i ran years ago with zero faults. drama or important stuff still requires 3 but those should allow the conversation to drag on anyways by their own nature

also you are burned out, you can keep being headmin but you already have stopped being as active as I want a headmin. If we do a term together i'm gon' whip you into shape boy and we're gonna be a front facing term that does not have "paperwork boys"
BorisvcBorison

Post by BorisvcBorison » #611548

if you become headmin I will force you to do paperwork, arm

just paperwork
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611549

BorisvcBorison wrote:if you become headmin I will force you to do paperwork, arm

just paperwork
paperwork is a HUGE MEME used to disguise people who want to be headmin but stay generally semi-active
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #611551

WineAllWine wrote:I hope Kieth wins the player vote, definitely the most interesting possible outcome
Thank you very much, I hope others share your belief! :lol: :lol:
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #611552

If players vote Naloac we will have two pink cats on the headmin team.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611553

The equation is simple, for evey pink cat headmin the response time on head-administrative matters is doubled. Think /tg/ think.