[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by bobbahbrown » #610513

Bottom post of the previous page:

wowza!

looks like it's time again!

will you be running? who will win? will goof secure his 2021 victory and finally control our democracy as a paradise for the proletariat? will coconut continue into his unprecedented fourth term?

all this and more in today's headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium!

with excitement,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by Agux909 » #611553

The equation is simple, for evey pink cat headmin the response time on head-administrative matters is doubled. Think /tg/ think.

Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by Sacko » #611555

dragomagol wrote:
Sacko wrote:THREADS ARE OUT ALREADY
my favorite and delicious!!! I'm glad we can finally get off the topic of trains and wade knee deep in what really matters. I've just read Dragomagol's tread because they were my number one pick going into this. I like a lot of what I see, mind you it isn't the beefiest and doesn't go into any controversial issues that are already being discussed. However I'm sure they will get a chance to touch on those in debates. They are very active and on top of it, judging by how fast they got their post in. I like that they have experience on different servers. a lot of what they bring up seems like very palatable stuff that won't bring up any drama but you never know where a landmine is. They are a very safe choice and I think I came out of this judging them just as highly as I did coming in. Good luck Drago!!
Thank you! :heart: All the energy on discord and on the forums is getting me hyped!

I think making it beefier would have sort of gone against the spirit of making things easier to read, and I didn't want to just pad it out! I'm ready to expand on the issues people have in debates and when the forum is unlocked.
yeah, looking through other headmin threads yours is a very reasonable length. Really the problem is on me. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to be concise. Like the more information the better. I know I'm wrong but It's just my nature. Hm... deal with it
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #611557

Armhulen wrote: also you are burned out, you can keep being headmin but you already have stopped being as active as I want a headmin. If we do a term together i'm gon' whip you into shape boy and we're gonna be a front facing term that does not have "paperwork boys"

I dont know where your pulling the "Im burnt out" meme from but if I was I wouldnt still be one of the most active admins. When you compare my ingame time and yours.
me

you

I dont understand how the hours "you want" isnt enough for me considering im more active than you are and your also running.

for the meme Ive gotten everyone elses too
Spoiler:
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #611558

Sacko wrote:I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to be concise. Like the more information the better. I know I'm wrong but It's just my nature. Hm... deal with it
The more information, the less likely someone is to actually read all of it, much less be able to understand it all.

Brevity is the soul of wit!
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #611560

Naloac wrote:snip
Guess what this is? game activity. Game admins do that. You're a headmin. Policy threads autolocking. Ban appeals take too long. Complaints less so since they essentially resolve themselves between the person complaining within a few days. all in all, big fail for you, you're burned out.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp, at least I don't think so.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #611561

These MRP mfers need to stop splitting the votes!!
[this space reserved]
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #611563

Armhulen wrote:
Naloac wrote:snip
Guess what this is? game activity. Game admins do that. You're a headmin. Policy threads autolocking. Ban appeals take too long. Complaints less so since they essentially resolve themselves between the person complaining within a few days. all in all, big fail for you, you're burned out.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp, at least I don't think so.
Game activity is just as important for a headmin to actually be in touch with what they game is, and as I said before headmin actions are only as fast as the slowest link in the system. Im stunned how you dont know this but maybe it was different years ago when you where headmin. If you do get elected you'll quickly find out im right when someone is gone and you need them for replies. Your trying to over simplify something because you either dont know what its like or have forgotten.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #611564

I just remembered splitting doesn’t exist with a run off system plz ignore me
[this space reserved]
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #611566

/tg/Station13 has more advanced, secure, and open elections then the largest countries.

Please sign my petition to have us inducted into the UN.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #611567

does anyone remember the free manuel party
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #611570

Mothblocks wrote:does anyone remember the free manuel party
I still have no clue if that was like even a thing or not. I was only aware of 2 people being part of it, and one was the representative
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #611571

I wish I could forget that clown show.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #611572

NoxVS wrote:
I still have no clue if that was like even a thing or not. I was only aware of 2 people being part of it, and one was the representative
goof was not the representative he just said he was and nobody said anything

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #611573

I hope they run again
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #611575

It was funny
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #611577

we finally have a potential triple pink cat triumvirate, vote naloac paxil and nameless today
the hivemind will grow in power

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #611589

so far:
naloc - public bans to make retarded bans more visible
radberry - change peanut threads to be hugbox and furry friendly
armhue - time travel
everyone else - increase number of admins cause we cant trust 100 admins to be enough to ban the 3 dudes who keep ban evading daily
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #611593

idk personally I like rave I've talked with him before and until there's a particularly really interesting headmin campaign I think he might be claiming #1 this cycle
I was a little opposed before but this time seems fine
arm's decent because arm promised to not remove politics-containment and I'm a single-issue voter (just kidding) (not really)
naloac..... pinkcat..... I don't really care perms are public and that's kinda enough for me?? They're cool but I agree for wanting someone new maybe
I don't like timber but in the least mad way I can say "I don't like someone"
stinkymayham
I wish cimika would come to bar more often, their policies are neat but I just don't see them really winning on them and even if this is tiered polling I kinda like other platforms more?? sorry cimika!!!
I don't like paxil because they emptied all the fire extinguishers once
Dragomagol is another strong contender imo - I'd like to hope that they'd be fast on the uptick for ban appeals and policy if they like looking around for details in appeals and shit. Plus they seem nice.
Mothblocks goes in the maintainer bin
I kinda really don't care about melbert it's a really strong meh from me

tl;dr vote rave 2021 I think
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #611597

Naloac wrote: Image
lmao this graph tells you everything you need to know about sticky if you’re a terry player
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #611617

From lepi Headadmin thread:
I learnt the hard way when I got carpel tunnel that this game changes fast and in some ways this requires people who decide to become inactive to be helped forward.
I think there may be a serial carpal borer among us.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611618

time 2 infiltrate the player vote to elect the worst candidate imaginable
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #611639

Naloac wrote: Game activity is just as important for a headmin to actually be in touch with what they game is, and as I said before headmin actions are only as fast as the slowest link in the system. Im stunned how you dont know this but maybe it was different years ago when you where headmin. If you do get elected you'll quickly find out im right when someone is gone and you need them for replies. Your trying to over simplify something because you either dont know what its like or have forgotten.
one of arm's term goals is getting rid of the 3 vote system and just letting admins chime in if they disagree with a verdict, which is way better.

that aside, you and the other headmins are burnt out and I wouldn't want you in for another term. you guys might as well be invisible with how little things I see you guys do.
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #611640

Qustinnus wrote: that aside, you and the other headmins are burnt out and I wouldn't want you in for another term. you guys might as well be invisible with how little things I see you guys do.
just saying it doesnt make it true
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #611646

Who is saying Lepi is burnt out? They are usually the first ones to respond to headmin pings with very little delay if they aren't sleeping to give insight over issues or problems.

I don't agree with Lepi's platform of public bans or seperation of LRP and MRP but I'll be damned if they aren't an extremely effective Head who genuinely loves both the community and game. I would be delighted to see them get a third term and I'll fight anybody who disagrees with me right now just pick a parking lot.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #611651

that aside, you and the other headmins are burnt out and I wouldn't want you in for another term. you guys might as well be invisible with how little things I see you guys do.
?
[this space reserved]
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611656

Naloac wrote:
Qustinnus wrote: that aside, you and the other headmins are burnt out and I wouldn't want you in for another term. you guys might as well be invisible with how little things I see you guys do.

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #611659

Flatulent wrote:
lmao this graph tells you everything you need to know about sticky if you’re a terry player
the activity of you and the rest of my fanbase more than makes up for it
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611668

Agux909 wrote:
Naloac wrote:
yes my disciple, depict my electoral opponents as crying LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #611670

Flatulent wrote:
Because sticky ran the marathon round, his activity on one day is higher then most and it caused the graph to auto-scale to 15 highest and not 10 like a lot of the other graphs, so it makes his bars look smaller.

the gaps are another issue, but i just thought i'd point that out.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611671

Armhulen wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Naloac wrote:
yes my disciple, depict my electoral opponents as crying LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Okay now, don't get so ahead of yourself Armwholen, I just said I'd consider your platform.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #611672

MrStonedOne wrote: Because sticky ran the marathon round, his activity on one day is higher then most and it caused the graph to auto-scale to 15 highest and not 10 like a lot of the other graphs, so it makes his bars look smaller.
Scaled to 20 gang :shades: :ugeek:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #611673

Activity doesnt matter (within reason), imblyings/ausops was one of my personal favorite headmins and his activity was VERY slim. Heck I think Kor went very little playtime when he was headmin. Its mainly used as a fairly low ball metric to snipe at people.

More appropriate imo would be how much people contribute in policy discussion, since the bulk of the headmin activity is relegated to approving/managing other admins (usually done outside of the game aka batcave/forums/etc) and, you guessed it, dealing with policy contentions. Its SOOOO tiring to see these people who literally do fuck all half the time in PD run with this super innovative changes like if you only try to do those when you personally have the power to change it but are otherwise afraid to post when you dont I think that says quite a bit about you. If these changes were so grand and community-improving you're literally being malicious holding onto them for the sake of running with them as your campaign.

Moreover, how you handle disagreements within policy discussion says quite a bit too. One of the things that really stuck with me was some of the not-out-of-jest comments [runner] made about people who value not playminning more than them personally, so things like that also matter to me. If you start being really snarky/condescending and cant seem to reel that back in, potentially say that you got defensive or whatever, and go "yeah we are just going to have to disagree here" thats personally not someone I want in a decision-making position.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #611674

Qustinnus wrote:
Naloac wrote: Game activity is just as important for a headmin to actually be in touch with what they game is, and as I said before headmin actions are only as fast as the slowest link in the system. Im stunned how you dont know this but maybe it was different years ago when you where headmin. If you do get elected you'll quickly find out im right when someone is gone and you need them for replies. Your trying to over simplify something because you either dont know what its like or have forgotten.
one of arm's term goals is getting rid of the 3 vote system and just letting admins chime in if they disagree with a verdict, which is way better.

>call people burnt out
>literally logs in after 180 days just to vote headmin
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
sex.png
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #611676

Predictions: Due to the change of demographics, and playing style it is most likely that Raveradbury will become Headmin, as the Manuel playerbase becomes more influential, and with the near collapse of Bagil's population; however, either Lepi might get reelected or either some other person. However if a Manuelmin gets elected as headmin, this will be the change of times of /tg/, either a return to its roots.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611677

RiskySikh wrote:Predictions: Due to the change of demographics, and playing style it is most likely that Raveradbury will become Headmin, as the Manuel playerbase becomes more influential, and with the near collapse of Bagil's population; however, either Lepi might get reelected or either some other person. However if a Manuelmin gets elected as headmin, this will be the change of times of /tg/, either a return to its roots.
I wanna print this post out and put it on my wall, god i love bindyposting
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611681

RiskySikh wrote:Predictions: Due to the change of demographics, and playing style it is most likely that Raveradbury will become Headmin, as the Manuel playerbase becomes more influential, and with the near collapse of Bagil's population; however, either Lepi might get reelected or either some other person. However if a Manuelmin gets elected as headmin, this will be the change of times of /tg/, either a return to its roots.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611683

a manuelmin headmin majority will definetly not end well for tg. how much damage can just one such headmin deal is entirely up to speculation.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #611696

Flatulent wrote:a manuelmin headmin majority will definetly not end well for tg. how much damage can just one such headmin deal is entirely up to speculation.
While my entire existence in #headminbus is to prevent damaging shit from horriabad decisions, I really don't think that will come into play in a manualmin headminship.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611697

We won’t know for sure until it happens. I am simply being pessimistic.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611698

I want to give lepi some credit that I didn't earlier in them setting up the shop and being at least more active than the other two
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611701

Armhulen wrote:I want to give lepi some credit that I didn't earlier in them setting up the shop and being at least more active than the other two
you’re showing weakness during the election by going back on your initial news views, armhulen. tread this path carefully…..
Last edited by Flatulent on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611703

Flatulent wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I want to give lepi some credit that I didn't earlier in them setting up the shop and being at least more active than the other two
you’re showing weakness during the election by going back on your initial news, armhulen. tread this path carefully…..
I still think admins are missing a leader and I'm still offering the admin team the same deal I do every year: a real leader for da bus
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #611706

Honored to be the subject of such a high quality Bindy post. Thank you for your sage prophecy.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #611712

RaveRadbury wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote: Because sticky ran the marathon round, his activity on one day is higher then most and it caused the graph to auto-scale to 15 highest and not 10 like a lot of the other graphs, so it makes his bars look smaller.
Scaled to 20 gang :shades: :ugeek:
[youtube]gPKvX3Bg6KM[/youtube]
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #611723

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:

>call people burnt out
>literally logs in after 180 days just to vote headmin
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I know you're a bit slow but you realize I generally only log on when I have testmerges right? 3-4 of my PRs are testmerged and I took a break from coding in the gap in playtime (which, with my 300 connections the last 5 years have always been low anyways).

Oh yeah and I'm also not a headmin or running to be one. So how is this even meant to be an own?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #611725

my armhulen stans get a little rowdy
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #611726

for my next stunt I will pr goatse
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #611729

gets some original material, idk maybe drop the retard slur on github
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #611734

Gigapuddi420 wrote:gets some original material, idk maybe drop the retard slur on github
Goof already did that too that was his second gitban
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #611737

gonna be honest a lot of genuinely great starting platforms this year, we'll see how well they hold up.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #611765

starting platforms are irrelevant, the player vote will triumph on memes and the other 2 will be selected based on favor currying by a shadowy cabal of reptoids