[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by bobbahbrown » #610513

Bottom post of the previous page:

wowza!

looks like it's time again!

will you be running? who will win? will goof secure his 2021 victory and finally control our democracy as a paradise for the proletariat? will coconut continue into his unprecedented fourth term?

all this and more in today's headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium!

with excitement,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #611765

starting platforms are irrelevant, the player vote will triumph on memes and the other 2 will be selected based on favor currying by a shadowy cabal of reptoids
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by chesse20 » #611778

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ /tg/, ░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Vote For░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Mothblocks░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░Please░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #611793

chesse20 wrote:░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ /tg/, ░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Vote For░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Mothblocks░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░Please░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀
Fat chance.

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #611796

Honestly I think in these past couple of years I've just become a massive sucker for fresh, enthusiastic faces. A lot of people I really respect who could be great headmins are running this term, but just NOTHING excites me like the idea of someone new exploding onto the scene and just hitting a home run!
[this space reserved]
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #611800

Naolacs still got a bounce in his step. Hell the day after I posted my talent show thread Naolac was the first to give me some real good input behind the scenes. I feel like he has a finger on the pulse. However the alter requires virgin blood don'tchaknow.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #611842

bobbahbrown wrote:breaking news, rave radbury reports that he will bring back the hut if he wins...

...but does he have that power? will mso relinquish that board which was ripped from the hands of our ancestors? will hutposting return as the proper law of the land?

only time will decide!!

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown
For the record: I removed it because a headmin talked to me about it and the 420 post count thread was just the way to do so without drama.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #611844

MrStonedOne wrote:without drama.
There was drama :x :evil:
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #611854

Armhulen wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:Predictions: Due to the change of demographics, and playing style it is most likely that Raveradbury will become Headmin, as the Manuel playerbase becomes more influential, and with the near collapse of Bagil's population; however, either Lepi might get reelected or either some other person. However if a Manuelmin gets elected as headmin, this will be the change of times of /tg/, either a return to its roots.
I wanna print this post out and put it on my wall, god i love bindyposting
you know im right
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #611872

i like how bindy subconsciously knew he should stop posting so he just ends the thought with a period instead of finishing the sentence.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #611888

The only good outcome for this election would have been a Bindy, Goof, Rave triumvirate. But it looks like the headmins already screwed it ALL up. We'll get em next time gamers
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #611904

Sacko wrote:The only good outcome for this election would have been a Bindy, Goof, Rave triumvirate. But it looks like the headmins already screwed it ALL up. We'll get em next time gamers
This post leaves few questions, all of which will probably dig the hole deeper.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #611905

MrStonedOne wrote:the 420 post count thread was just the way to do so without drama.
lol, if anything it caused more drama my dude.
► Show Spoiler
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #611906

mso seens to be serious about the mrp thing but im unsure where to go next when LRP gets ultimately nuked into oblivion as it happened with fucking bee. what lrp servers are even left at this point? goon? holy shit literaly 1984
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #611909

Flatulent wrote:mso seens to be serious about the mrp thing but im unsure where to go next when LRP gets ultimately nuked into oblivion as it happened with fucking bee. what lrp servers are even left at this point? goon? holy shit literaly 1984
If there's demand, there will always be a server to fill that demand

edit: there is a lot of demand for club penguin 13 i hear
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #611913

but where is the demand for mrp? campbell is a ghost town
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #611939

Flatulent wrote:mso seens to be serious about the mrp thing but im unsure where to go next when LRP gets ultimately nuked into oblivion as it happened with fucking bee. what lrp servers are even left at this point? goon? holy shit literaly 1984
no one wants to nuke lrp we just want you to pretend you're on a space station and stop using the n-word so much ok

i like lrp i only play lrp its where the good memes are you can just do it without calling any character with a non albino complexion a slur
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #611945

Stickymayhem wrote:
no one wants to nuke lrp we just want you to pretend you're on a space station and stop using the n-word so much ok

i like lrp i only play lrp its where the good memes are you can just do it without calling any character with a non albino complexion a slur
mso and oranges explicitly state mrp every time you ask for their opinion on this.
and sticky nobody is calling non albino characters on terry with the n word, its used against everyone equally. surely you’d know this by now?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #611956

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

mso and oranges explicitly state mrp every time you ask for their opinion on this.
and sticky nobody is calling non albino characters on terry with the n word, its used against everyone equally. surely you’d know this by now?
I literally see a note or ban for this scroll through about every 3-4 days

Don't get me wrong it's improving!

MRP is closer to the old old old days and the community interactions with MRP players tends to be more positive. This doesn't mean anyone intends to nuke lrp as a concept or dramatically change how it's played, we just want there to be less toxicity and hostility. I think those traits are in part a function of LRP, in part a function of attracting hub players and in part just due to higher population resulting in shorter, spikier interactions in game due to the resulting culture

Again, I like LRP (I still prefer classic as a label), it's been how I've played the game for nearly a decade now.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #611977

FACTS
[this space reserved]
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #612008

RiskySikh wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:Predictions: Due to the change of demographics, and playing style it is most likely that Raveradbury will become Headmin, as the Manuel playerbase becomes more influential, and with the near collapse of Bagil's population; however, either Lepi might get reelected or either some other person. However if a Manuelmin gets elected as headmin, this will be the change of times of /tg/, either a return to its roots.
you know im right
You are right to be afraid, but you are wrong to think you can stop it at this point
Our pieces are in place. Our victory is guaranteed. Even the anti Manuel candidates are on our side.
When they say they want to separate MRP and LRP, you would think they want to cut Manuel off from the others. In reality, it is the other way around. Sybil, Bagil, and Terry will be cut off from the rest of the server. All that will be left is Manuel and Campbell. No matter which candidate wins, we shall triumph. The Manuel cabal has already won, you just haven’t noticed yet.

Long live /tg/, long live Manuel.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Bad Piggies Theme

Post by Armhulen » #612024

Bad Piggies Theme

[youtube]FaIJ5jZqSsk[/youtube]
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612044

NoxVS wrote:
RiskySikh wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
you know im right
You are right to be afraid, but you are wrong to think you can stop it at this point
Our pieces are in place. Our victory is guaranteed. Even the anti Manuel candidates are on our side.
When they say they want to separate MRP and LRP, you would think they want to cut Manuel off from the others. In reality, it is the other way around. Sybil, Bagil, and Terry will be cut off from the rest of the server. All that will be left is Manuel and Campbell. No matter which candidate wins, we shall triumph. The Manuel cabal has already won, you just haven’t noticed yet.

Long live /tg/, long live Manuel.
so the manuel party finally shows itself
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #612049

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:but where is the demand for mrp? campbell is a ghost town
That may be because Campbell is impossible to connect to.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612057

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:but where is the demand for mrp? campbell is a ghost town
That may be because Campbell is impossible to connect to.
wrong. You can connect to Campbell right now.
RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #612076

Cobby wrote:
Sacko wrote:The only good outcome for this election would have been a Bindy, Goof, Rave triumvirate. But it looks like the headmins already screwed it ALL up. We'll get em next time gamers
This post leaves few questions, all of which will probably dig the hole deeper.
based
RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #612078

entire headmin election in a nutshell
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #612134

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

they more sublimate the racism and transphobia they'll imply they have if it ever comes up into their treatment of people playing non-human characters

they view all social interactions through the lens of a hierarchy based on identity and you get the sense depressingly it's not even due to a lack of intelligence necessarily they've just been conditioned to think this way i guess through a combination of the influence of the shitholes they grew up in and 4chan. i don't even think it's a european thing specifically i think it's just a class thing or perhaps how they're raised
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612136

hierarchy is natural cacogen and this is the only reply you’ll get from me in response to your quite obvious bait
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612138

Flatulent wrote:hierarchy is natural
I'm going to drink a bottle of natural cyanide and live in a society with natural hierarchy
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612139

Stickymayhem wrote:
I'm going to drink a bottle of natural cyanide and live in a society with natural hierarchy
cyanide you’re probably referring to (hydrogen cyanide) isn’t naturally-occuring, hierarchy is and is omnipresent in all societies and not just human ones. wolf, horse, etc. behaviours imply an inherent hierarchical system
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612140

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
cyanide you’re probably referring to (hydrogen cyanide) isn’t naturally-occuring, hierarchy is and is omnipresent in all societies and not just human ones. wolf, horse, etc. behaviours imply an inherent hierarchical system
do you identify as a wolf or a horse because we've already had a lot of wolves run the server
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612141

I identify as a white heterosexual male sticky
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612143

Flatulent wrote:I identify as a white heterosexual male sticky
a white heterosexual male sticky horse or white heterosexual male sticky wolf
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612144

It’s curious that you’re trying to get to me considering the conversation we held yesterday. Do your own words mean nothing to you?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612146

Flatulent wrote:It’s curious that you’re trying to get to me considering the conversation we held yesterday. Do your own words mean nothing to you?
sorry bud I'm just playing you don't need to take me too seriously
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612147

Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:It’s curious that you’re trying to get to me considering the conversation we held yesterday. Do your own words mean nothing to you?
sorry bud I'm just playing you don't need to take me too seriously
Noted.
BorisvcBorison
Byond Username: Boris vc Borisvon

Post by BorisvcBorison » #612157

yo yo Boris here to promote the free Campbell party, which will free TG from all other servers than Campbell.

one server, Campbell
one Station, Tram
the eternal Tram Campbell round.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612286

Player count: 2
(Boris and the other tram voter)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #612294

BorisvcBorison wrote:yo yo Boris here to promote the free Campbell party, which will free TG from all other servers than Campbell.

one server, Campbell
one Station, Tram
the eternal Tram Campbell round.
trampbell
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #612302

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612304

I don’t think Campbell is ever going to see significant pop. At this point it’s just European Sybil 2. Very little point in keeping it around.
Campbell isn’t even MRP, it’s just… extremely weird. You have those very long rounds despite the codebase not really allowing it. I mean, sure you can do it, but there’s zero job content beyond 1.5h. Always devolves into campbellites leaving the station to build their own crappy bases. I don’t think this is something MRP wants to invite. Zero player interaction autistic projects clearly don’t appeal to the overwhelming part of tg.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #612308

silicon main headmin, when?
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612331

when you code it
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612341

Flatulent wrote:when you code it
:cry:

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612375

>see mailbox thread
>almost instantly want to open it to endorse fellow terry man
>see that he wants to limit my already limited slur vocabulary
You were like a brother to me, Mailbox, I trusted you!!!
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #612384

cacogen wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

they more sublimate the racism and transphobia they'll imply they have if it ever comes up into their treatment of people playing non-human characters

they view all social interactions through the lens of a hierarchy based on identity and you get the sense depressingly it's not even due to a lack of intelligence necessarily they've just been conditioned to think this way i guess through a combination of the influence of the shitholes they grew up in and 4chan. i don't even think it's a european thing specifically i think it's just a class thing or perhaps how they're raised
this was a pretty based post cacogen
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #612388

My Ideal result (not prediction) is:
- Player vote: Lukas
- Admin vote: Rave.

(Honestly though, Timber, Cimika, and Sticky would all be great)

I have been racking my brain for a prediction but I can't come up with one, there's so many viable candidates.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612393

the ideal one would be lepi and armpit because because then the headmin team would bee 100% my metafriends which means i cannot be banned
the other end of the stick would be rave and melbert because manuela hates me
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612395

how can you even be banned timonk you connect to terry like once a month
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #612419

Flatulent wrote:how can you even be banned timonk you connect to terry like once a month
Gotta keep banning people so you don't get deadminned.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612420

Flatulent wrote:how can you even be banned timonk you connect to terry like once a month
Only to see you babe *licks your shoulder*
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: