[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by bobbahbrown » #610513

Bottom post of the previous page:

wowza!

looks like it's time again!

will you be running? who will win? will goof secure his 2021 victory and finally control our democracy as a paradise for the proletariat? will coconut continue into his unprecedented fourth term?

all this and more in today's headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium!

with excitement,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by Flatulent » #612395

how can you even be banned timonk you connect to terry like once a month
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by chocolate_bickie » #612419

Flatulent wrote:how can you even be banned timonk you connect to terry like once a month
Gotta keep banning people so you don't get deadminned.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612420

Flatulent wrote:how can you even be banned timonk you connect to terry like once a month
Only to see you babe *licks your shoulder*
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #612427

I hate players
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #612428

TheFinalPotato wrote:I hate players
True! And remember to vote me
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612476

i wish i could refuse to put a candidate on my list so i could leave only people who i know on it
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612481

Flatulent wrote:i wish i could refuse to put a candidate on my list so i could leave only people who i know on it
You can just not vote, and then you'd be excluding all candidates, including the ones you'd refuse to put on your list if you could.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612485

i just don’t want to accidentally vote against a guy i dont know but who may be a great dude otherwise
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612511

Flatulent wrote:i wish i could refuse to put a candidate on my list so i could leave only people who i know on it
"i only vote for my friends"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612555

no timonk i only vote for those who i know aren’t lying in their campaigns
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612564

Flatulent wrote:no timonk i only vote for those who i know aren’t lying in their campaigns
Who's a spicy liar flat who is it who is it spill the tea
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612586

well i think arcanemusic isnt being sincere about being able to be in touch as hes finishing his degree “this spring” which would make it ~9 months from now and finishing bachelors usually entails making a bachelors dissertation
I realise that he says he has limited free time, but I think he really underestimates the amount of time a quality dissertation can take from you.
i also suspect many mrp admins will definetly push their policy views on lrp after they get their own headmin and i don’t think melbert is going to keep his word on staying neutral on the matter
Swept
Byond Username: Swept

Post by Swept » #612591

I don't think Lepi's gonna win player vote so probably gonna be a manuelmin which will be interesting.
DON'T PLAY SPACE STATION 14
Swept

Post by Swept » #612592

cacogen wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:mso seens to be serious about the mrp thing but im unsure where to go next when LRP gets ultimately nuked into oblivion as it happened with fucking bee. what lrp servers are even left at this point? goon? holy shit literaly 1984
no one wants to nuke lrp we just want you to pretend you're on a space station and stop using the n-word so much ok

i like lrp i only play lrp its where the good memes are you can just do it without calling any character with a non albino complexion a slur
mso and oranges explicitly state mrp every time you ask for their opinion on this.
and sticky nobody is calling non albino characters on terry with the n word, its used against everyone equally. surely you’d know this by now?
they more sublimate the racism and transphobia they'll imply they have if it ever comes up into their treatment of people playing non-human characters

they view all social interactions through the lens of a hierarchy based on identity and you get the sense depressingly it's not even due to a lack of intelligence necessarily they've just been conditioned to think this way i guess through a combination of the influence of the shitholes they grew up in and 4chan. i don't even think it's a european thing specifically i think it's just a class thing or perhaps how they're raised
This is a very good point and I think we should do a global ban on anyone from these "shithole" countries or states. The entire Southern half of the US can go as well as ex-soviet satellite states.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612593

shithole countries and shithole game such as ss14 do well together
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612637

It's weird not having a debate question to ask because I can't really think of any hot button administration issues that i think need addressing this term.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #612638

like im sitting here nitpicking candidates policy wording specifics because there's just a good selection of sensible picks that havent go anything wrong with them.

And goofball but he might as well not be running tbh
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #612655

Flatulent wrote:finishing bachelors usually entails making a bachelors dissertation
Wut
► Show Spoiler
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #612676

Mothblocks wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
Mothblocks wrote:does anyone remember the free manuel party
I still have no clue if that was like even a thing or not. I was only aware of 2 people being part of it, and one was the representative
goof was not the representative he just said he was and nobody said anything
i think they had an actual candidate in mind to be the representative but reportedly I pissed them off enough by running under the Free Manuel Party that they got pissed off about it and didn't run
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #612686

lmao manuel upper class btfo by based anarchist goof "kitchen" ball
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612693

iamgoofball wrote:
Mothblocks wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
Mothblocks wrote:does anyone remember the free manuel party
I still have no clue if that was like even a thing or not. I was only aware of 2 people being part of it, and one was the representative
goof was not the representative he just said he was and nobody said anything
i think they had an actual candidate in mind to be the representative but reportedly I pissed them off enough by running under the Free Manuel Party that they got pissed off about it and didn't run
Thank you for your service, brave warrior
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #612757

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #612780

Cimika has incredible activity levels and Mr Melbert seems to be the more consistent one around, constant activity with very few breaks.
This election has quite a lot of very good candidates, it's hard to pick. I'm hopeful for next headmin term.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #612784

Rohesie wrote:Cimika has incredible activity levels and Mr Melbert seems to be the more consistent one around, constant activity with very few breaks.
This election has quite a lot of very good candidates, it's hard to pick. I'm hopeful for next headmin term.
Cimika and Melbert both scare me because I was adminned a little bit before them and they are already running for headmin and everything, it makes me look bad in comparison
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #612786

NoxVS wrote:
Rohesie wrote:Cimika has incredible activity levels and Mr Melbert seems to be the more consistent one around, constant activity with very few breaks.
Cimika and Melbert both scare me because I was adminned a little bit before them and they are already running for headmin and everything, it makes me look bad in comparison
I know that feeling.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #612790

NoxVS wrote:
Don't worry, you've always been bad.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #612792

(:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #612797

Domitius wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
Don't worry, you've always been bad.
thanks for the encouraging words domitiuS
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612807

DomitiUS
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612808

I think rohesie may have lost their post supporting my thread in the mail...?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612830

Armpit
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #612860

Armhulen wrote:I think rohesie may have lost their post supporting my thread in the mail...?
In here you suggest removing rule 11, in favor of it being part of rule 1:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 52&t=29755

From my perspective, when it was so there was absolutely zero enforcement of it. I'd rather not return to those days.
I prefer friendlier environments, in where I can delude myself about not being surrounded by edgy teens and antisocial individuals who have a hard time following the basic social norms.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612897

Rohesie wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I think rohesie may have lost their post supporting my thread in the mail...?

From my perspective, when it was so there was absolutely zero enforcement of it. I'd rather not return to those days.
I prefer friendlier environments, in where I can delude myself about not being surrounded by edgy teens and antisocial individuals who have a hard time following the basic social norms.
I agree fully, I just think that rule 11 has been rife with odd enforcement that almost always leaves the appealing player feeling like they're being accused of bigotry they don't see or it gets overturned and the admin feels like they're getting zero support on the rule they're supposed to support. It's kinda delegated to seeing what MSO thinks of every bigotry ban and I'd much prefer if we used rule 1 to not accuse people of things they'll react incredibly poorly to and instead uphold a general good environment. In that way i'm not saying remove rule 11 but i'm saying we don't need so many different rules to convey the same idea, especially if the duplication of rules is going to lead to weird enforcement
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #612898

Rohesie wrote:

yikes bro this aint it
Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #612910

Armhulen wrote:In that way i'm not saying remove rule 11 but i'm saying we don't need so many different rules to convey the same idea, especially if the duplication of rules is going to lead to weird enforcement
I see, I see. If not removing rule 11, what would you do? Merge it with 1 by expanding that one? Just leave it implied? Reword it..?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612913

Rohesie wrote:
Armhulen wrote:In that way i'm not saying remove rule 11 but i'm saying we don't need so many different rules to convey the same idea, especially if the duplication of rules is going to lead to weird enforcement
I see, I see. If not removing rule 11, what would you do? Merge it with 1 by expanding that one? Just leave it implied? Reword it..?
Expand rule 1, but honestly cut some text that isn't needed out of rule 1 and cut some other rules that are also rule 1. And cut silicon policy in half. The rules page is gonna be shorter by the end!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #612914

armhulen is it ok if i vote for you
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #612919

Armhulen wrote:
Rohesie wrote:
Expand rule 1, but honestly cut some text that isn't needed out of rule 1 and cut some other rules that are also rule 1. And cut silicon policy in half. The rules page is gonna be shorter by the end!
cutting silicon policy in half will only double the amount of silicon players this is a bad idea
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #612920

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Rohesie wrote:
cutting silicon policy in half will only double the amount of silicon players this is a bad idea
the hardest choices require the strongest wills
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #612923

As a former silicon player i don't care except in edge cases where common sense doesn't apply to silicon policy but less rules sounds good
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #612926

There's a billion candidates but only a handful of them even care enough to post in debate threads in any meaningful manner, what a sad state of affairs

And that is why I am going to win
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #612939

I dig it.
► Show Spoiler
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #612960

I think that the headmin we elect should
Spoiler:
and also let me code for tgmc
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #612998

“we don’t want to ban slurs” they said when rule 11 was just introduced
lets see how long will that hold up after this election.

also naloac really has to catch up on candidate debates
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #612999

naloac has been on vacation
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613001

Mothblocks wrote:naloac has been on vacation
I know. It’s in their thread.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #613006

Flatulent wrote:“we don’t want to ban slurs” they said when rule 11 was just introduced
lets see how long will that hold up after this election.
Oh we Germans just know too good about this

"We have no intention to build a wall"
They built one
"We never had any intention on introducing upload filters"
They pushed upload filters during the Europe Championship this year
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Swept

Post by Swept » #613013

I think it'd be funny if all pink haired felind players won.

Also I think it'd be hilarious if everyone went and wishlisted Space Station 14 on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1255 ... tation_14/
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #613014

Swept wrote:I think it'd be funny if all pink haired felind players won.

Also I think it'd be hilarious if everyone went and wishlisted Space Station 14 on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1255 ... tation_14/
Yo swept what game do you want us to play I didn't hear you clearly

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #613035

I have changed my mind on rave
They still have a grip on reality
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #613039

in the valley of head admins we sleep