[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by bobbahbrown » #610513

Bottom post of the previous page:

wowza!

looks like it's time again!

will you be running? who will win? will goof secure his 2021 victory and finally control our democracy as a paradise for the proletariat? will coconut continue into his unprecedented fourth term?

all this and more in today's headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium!

with excitement,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by wesoda25 » #613469

sinfulbliss » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 pm #613462
wesoda25 wrote:
We just recently banned a guy for saying "Nigga?" and "some nigga killed the HoP". A headmin deemed it "not worth overturning." Did you just miss that appeal?
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29615

They said it to a black person you fucking cheese-head.

So much misinformation here.
First, it wasn’t a permaban. It was a note for saying the N-word. Not “to” a black person, but in reference to someone who was black.
“””

SINFUL WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NO ONE SAID SHIT ABOUT A PERMA BAN AND YOUR DISTINCTION DOESNT MATTER. NO ONES GONNA READ YOUR ESSAY IF YOUR THESIS IS SHIT. AND WHILE WE’RE AT IT WTF WAS THIS SHIT ABOUT SAYING “pretending to rape a corpse actually is pretty tame” I MEAN WHAT FUCKING PLANET DO YOU BUY YOUR TAKES FROM FFS
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by wesoda25 » #613470

q_q
[this space reserved]
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613472

he's really gone wesodownhill
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #613473

MrStonedOne wrote:
At a place that "bans slurs", saying "x just got banned for calling somebody a faggot" would also get you banned. This is retarded. There is no need to censor "faggot" in this context.

At a place that bans slurs, saying "what are you faggots playing" gets you in trouble, understandable to a degree, but also retarded. This usecase is not bigoted and its a term of endearment in this context.
MrStonedOne casually dropping ablelist slurs -_-. You could say something is bad or cringe or annoying or hell even use a less ablelist slur like "dumb" or "stupid" but you gotta go full r-word on your rant on how you hate the idea of banning slurs.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613474

wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613490

Um
[this space reserved]
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613493

Wesoda needs a hug

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613502

chesse20 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
At a place that "bans slurs", saying "x just got banned for calling somebody a faggot" would also get you banned. This is retarded. There is no need to censor "faggot" in this context.

At a place that bans slurs, saying "what are you faggots playing" gets you in trouble, understandable to a degree, but also retarded. This usecase is not bigoted and its a term of endearment in this context.
MrStonedOne casually dropping ablelist slurs -_-. You could say something is bad or cringe or annoying or hell even use a less ablelist slur like "dumb" or "stupid" but you gotta go full r-word on your rant on how you hate the idea of banning slurs.
lol
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #613515

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
chesse20 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote: snip
snip
lol
he bit the chesse

best,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #613547

so is wesoda's mental breakdown the (gone wrong) part of this megathread or can I expect it to go really downhill from here

sinful's takes are sometimes historically wrong but he's right on the case of rule 11 helping the community
reading is really not that hard (except for when it is, see reading "permaban" instead of "ban that headmins decided to not overturn")

also if this is the zoo can i be one of the cool animals like a pigeon
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613548

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Image
SCRII! SCRII!
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #613551

chesse20 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

Your byond username references animal cruelty, your argument is invalid.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613563

MrStonedOne wrote:
chesse20 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

cheese20 just casually dropping references to the rape and slaughter of cows -_-. You could pick a name that is any other object, like table, or orange, or noodles, or even use a less problematic version like "vegancheese20" but you gotta go full c-word on your rant about how you hate ableist slurs
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #613640

wesoda25 wrote:SINFUL WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NO ONE SAID SHIT ABOUT A PERMA BAN AND YOUR DISTINCTION DOESNT MATTER. NO ONES GONNA READ YOUR ESSAY IF YOUR THESIS IS SHIT. AND WHILE WE’RE AT IT WTF WAS THIS SHIT ABOUT SAYING “pretending to rape a corpse actually is pretty tame” I MEAN WHAT FUCKING PLANET DO YOU BUY YOUR TAKES FROM FFS
Wesoda, what part of my thesis of "I want to foster a culture of love and kindness" was so disagreeable to you? I don't think we disagree on anything that was said. The misinformation part wasn't directed at you, by the way, I was simply trying to set the record straight since everyone seemed to think it was a permaban.

Also, if you're going to quote me, quote me - I never said "pretending to rape a corpse is pretty tame." That would be a clear violation. I simply thought Null0's dialogue in general was made more in jest and was mild for a rule 8 permaban. I do think rule 8 is overenforced and people need to develop a little bit of a thicker skin.

I mean, four people that I used to play with regularly have been banned for rule 8 violations in the past month alone, none of which were the sort of "e-rape" rule 8 we would think of, but were pretty mild or even consensual fringe cases that were enforced by an admin who grew up in a Mormon family or something. All of these people were fun regular players that most people seemed to like. Nope, instant permaban for 3/4 of them.

The worst part about it is you can't just appeal a rule 8 permaban. How humiliating would it be to actually drag up all the logs and go through them in front of your peers to prove... To prove what? They're less creepy than the banning admin says they are? At the end of the day if another admin looks at it and says, "yeah that's creepy," the permaban stays, so why bother? Even if nothing you said was remotely close to ERP (which rule 8 was made for). People would prefer to just not appeal, rather than humiliate themselves publicly to that degree.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #613641

sinfulbliss wrote:I mean, four people that I used to play with regularly have been banned for rule 8 violations in the past month alone
ooooooooooooooh this makes so much sense
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #613642

Armhulen wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:I mean, four people that I used to play with regularly have been banned for rule 8 violations in the past month alone
Yeah ok Mr. "Rule 11 should be remov- oh wait I was proven wrong RULE 11 IS FINE WE CAN KEEP IT JUST PUT IT IN RULE 1 SOMEHOW???"

yeah that's right get rekt
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #613643

sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Yeah ok Mr. "Rule 11 should be remov- oh wait I was proven wrong RULE 11 IS FINE WE CAN KEEP IT JUST PUT IT IN RULE 1 SOMEHOW???"

it's true rave convinced me tbh

he's got a big dick energy voice in vc
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #613646

Armhulen wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

it's true rave convinced me tbh

he's got a big dick energy voice in vc
[img]https://i.ibb.co/mvDgpTt/Shadow-Madness-442.png[/img]
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #613663

sinfulbliss wrote:The worst part about it is you can't just appeal a rule 8 permaban.
you go all the way, sign up on the sex offender registry for 2 years then come back to prove you havent reoffended
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #613705

just ban evade and grief then in 1 year appeal the ban evasion and grief
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #613723

Stickymayhem wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
chesse20 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

cheese20 just casually dropping references to the rape and slaughter of cows -_-. You could pick a name that is any other object, like table, or orange, or noodles, or even use a less problematic version like "vegancheese20" but you gotta go full c-word on your rant about how you hate ableist slurs
Gonna be real people should say that one less, he has a point just wrong the wrong direction

edit wait this is the headmin thread I came here to ask how many days of voting left before iamgoofball is crowned king
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613726

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
chesse20 wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:

Gonna be real people should say that one less, he has a point just wrong the wrong direction

edit wait this is the headmin thread I came here to ask how many days of voting left before iamgoofball is crowned king
In a better world retard wouldn't be used but I think it does more damage than good to attempt to block it and makes people like us look like we really don't allow any fun.

I think it's been used differently enough that it's objectively less harmful than the n word at least.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613731

I wouldn't miss "retard" if it went away.

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613733

Agux909 wrote:I wouldn't miss "retard" if it went away.
But we'd lose half the playerba-

oh you meant the word
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #613763

retard is usually used by retards and it's best weaponised against them here
Last edited by cacogen on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #613770

the day a player wins is the day there are 2 headmins with authority
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613816

Stickymayhem wrote:
Agux909 wrote:I wouldn't miss "retard" if it went away.
But we'd lose half the playerba-

oh you meant the word
lol

iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #613819

Stickymayhem wrote: In a better world retard wouldn't be used but I think it does more damage than good to attempt to block it and makes people like us look like we really don't allow any fun.

I think it's been used differently enough that it's objectively less harmful than the n word at least.
the difference between retard and n-word is that retard wasn't designed to be a slur and isn't often used as such; most of the time you're called a retard it's because it's a synonym for slow (and therefore stupid) or you are a commercial pilot, not because of a mental disability
the n-word was designed as a slur, it has different contexts in spite of that, but it is a slur solely created because people with melanin exist
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613820

iksyp wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote: In a better world retard wouldn't be used but I think it does more damage than good to attempt to block it and makes people like us look like we really don't allow any fun.

the difference between retard and n-word is that retard wasn't designed to be a slur and isn't often used as such; most of the time you're called a retard it's because it's a synonym for slow (and therefore stupid) or you are a commercial pilot, not because of a mental disability
the n-word was designed as a slur, it has different contexts in spite of that, but it is a slur solely created because people with melanin exist
It's still used for the shock value and super uninspired at this point. Learn from Crag and be more creative when trying to swear at someone, geez.

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #613870

Vote Lukas :)
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #613904

Timonk wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote:The worst part about it is you can't just appeal a rule 8 permaban.
you go all the way, sign up on the sex offender registry for 2 years then come back to prove you havent reoffended
Players who break rule 8 should be punished with the permanent trait 'Chemical Castration'
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #613909

Agux909 wrote:
iksyp wrote:

It's still used for the shock value and super uninspired at this point. Learn from Crag and be more creative when trying to swear at someone, geez.
i concur but this also wasn't the point; the point is that retard isn't inherently offensive while the n-word is
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613911

iksyp wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
iksyp wrote:

i concur but this also wasn't the point; the point is that retard isn't inherently offensive while the n-word is
Granted.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #613996

Approach twilight of vote.

Wish luck to all who run.

Excited for Bindy & goofball 1000 year reign.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #614003

Timberpoes wrote:Approach twilight of vote.

Wish luck to all who run.

Excited for Bindy & goofball 1000 year reign.
Good luck everybody!! :heart:
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #614009

Deepstate already sniped fikou.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #614021

I hope the people I want to win... win! Good luck
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #614032

the preliminary results are in!

looks like player vote was rave, and admin vote was tattle, without filtering, very exciting!

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #614034

HEADMIN ELECTION RESULTS:

Player pick: RaveRadbury
Admin pick: Dragomagol/Tattle

Player raw vote: https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/irvpolltal ... 58MQ%3D%3D
Player filtered vote: https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/irvpolltal ... BbDw%3D%3D
Admin vote: https://tgstation13.org/tgdb/irvpolltal ... dcVA%3D%3D
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #614038

I'm glad we're only stuck with this for 6 months
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #614042

Super excited about this term!
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #614045

Timber was robbed I demand a recount

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #614046

Recount complete, goof was winner
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #614047

[youtube]-1A5WBf1EFQ[/youtube]
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #614048

ardentarclight wrote:Timber was robbed I demand a recount
Thanks for support! Keep eye out in 6 months.

Still have more to give to servers, players & admin team in the meantime. Continue drive to improve both self & game. Do even better next time!
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #614050

Wish you three the best of luck on your term. Also excited to see how it plays out and how you work as a team to push a fresher vision for the community. Cheers Rave, Tattle, Nameless!
Spoiler:
Cheers to the rest of the candidates too, specially the ones that almost made it

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #614052

I don't even know who the admin pick is and the players have cucked themselves but if Rave's election results in the banning of slurs it could have an entertaining effect on the naggers on Terry
Last edited by cacogen on Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #614064

Raves pfp frightens me so I demand a recount

Seriously though, excited for this term :0J congrats to all the winners
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #614067

Lukas was fucking robbed
Rave won because of sticky, cimika and paxilmaniac fans
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #614068

Keith and rave showed up for the debate ;)
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #614069

im going to relapse into ss13 addiction and find the game's atmosphere and administration team vastly different one day
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)