[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

[OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by bobbahbrown » #610513

Bottom post of the previous page:

wowza!

looks like it's time again!

will you be running? who will win? will goof secure his 2021 victory and finally control our democracy as a paradise for the proletariat? will coconut continue into his unprecedented fourth term?

all this and more in today's headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium!

with excitement,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by Fikou » #613039

in the valley of head admins we sleep
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: [OFFICIAL] headmin election 14 discussion megathread and peanut emporium (GONE WRONG)

Post by wesoda25 » #613044

I don’t like the idea of a new player server, I’d much rather see them directly integrate onto our core ones.
[this space reserved]
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613046

A new player server seems ludicrous. How do you expect new players to integrate into server culture when you're segregating them from the regular server population?

On top of that, I can say, with complete certainty, that I would not have stuck around if it weren't for the help I received from experienced players in-game. New players should be playing with experienced players as much as possible.
► Show Spoiler
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #613055

Man, tryna choose between the top 4 is real hard and I guess ill just wing it
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613059

Against the separated new player server too. Sharing the same opinion of posts above: segregation of the playerbase is ridiculous, learn on the move. The hard way is the only way in ss13, embrace it from the beginning.

Rohesie
Byond Username: Rohesie

Post by Rohesie » #613067

Elo tiered servers when?
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613073

Rohesie wrote:Elo tiered servers when?
We already have Terry for that.

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #613088

Imagine a server with zero new players, any problem with a new player server isn't what you're doing to the new server but rather what you're taking from the old ones

which would be nigh unplayable with all the burnout shittery
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613092

gosh voting is really a toughie
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #613096

wesoda25 wrote:gosh voting is really a toughie
honestly from the voice call a lot of headmins have the right direction for /tg/ in the ways that matter to the point where i wasn't too worried while voting
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613104

wesoda25 wrote:gosh voting is really a toughie
word.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #613154

OH MY GOD, THE RESULTS ARE IN, THE PEOPLE DEMAND ANOTHER ARM TERM

AND SO I DELIVER! THQANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME GET FIRST PLACE. A BETTER TG!!!

[youtube]E0JEqWT62Nw[/youtube]
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613156

Flatulent wrote:“we don’t want to ban slurs” they said when rule 11 was just introduced
oops right again
Armhulen wrote:Imagine a server with zero new players
yeah it's called bagil lmao
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613158

I’ve honestly come around to rule 11. It’s a flexible rule which can adjust alongside the community. Bigotry is a sensitive subject and people’s views on it are always changing. You can’t really define what constitutes bigotry at any one time, it’s more of a “feel” type deal; just like rule 8, which also is loosely defined. Even if we could nail down a good definition, it would be static and would either eventually require revision, or keep our community frozen with a particular viewpoint for these things, which I don’t think is healthy.

The caveat to this is that it requires deliberate guidance from the headmins/host, which while hasn’t been nonexistent, I do feel has been lacking. Timber mentioned this somewhere, so that was actually another major + for him, at least for me.

As for slurs: I personally wouldn’t be bothered if we banned them. I think theres an argument that a culture of toxicity and bigotry can exist without blatant examples of any of those these on any one persons part, which is really sort of the only thing we don’t allow ATM. I’m not sure I was of this mindset when rule 11 was created though, so really I think it’s just another example of how a community changes (thus reinforcing why rule 11 being flexible is good). Because of this I can’t help but feel that it’s a little short-minded to just smugly say “we knew slurs would get banned” or whatever because it doesn’t acknowledge the growth along the way which led people to seriously consider the idea. If something is a good change, but you fear that by doing it you may be enabling bad changes down the line, you need to consider that your entire definition of “good and bad” may change along the way.
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #613159

wesoda25 wrote:I’ve honestly come around to rule 11. It’s a flexible rule which can adjust alongside the community. Bigotry is a sensitive subject and people’s views on it are always changing. You can’t really define what constitutes bigotry at any one time, it’s more of a “feel” type deal; just like rule 8, which also is loosely defined. Even if we could nail down a good definition, it would be static and would either eventually require revision, or keep our community frozen with a particular viewpoint for these things, which I don’t think is healthy.

The caveat to this is that it requires deliberate guidance from the headmins/host, which while hasn’t been nonexistent, I do feel has been lacking. Timber mentioned this somewhere, so that was actually another major + for him, at least for me.

As for slurs: I personally wouldn’t be bothered if we banned them. I think theres an argument that a culture of toxicity and bigotry can exist without blatant examples of any of those these on any one persons part, which is really sort of the only thing we don’t allow ATM. I’m not sure I was of this mindset when rule 11 was created though, so really I think it’s just another example of how a community changes (thus reinforcing why rule 11 being flexible is good). Because of this I can’t help but feel that it’s a little short-minded to just smugly say “we knew slurs would get banned” or whatever because it doesn’t acknowledge the growth along the way which led people to seriously consider the idea. If something is a good change, but you fear that by doing it you may be enabling bad changes down the line, you need to consider that your entire definition of “good and bad” may change along the way.
It is interesting to think about how /tg/ went from being proudly pushed forward as the "bastion of free speech" when i started playing to where it is now where many people say your exact quote: “we knew slurs would get banned”
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613170

death by a thousand cuts
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #613173

Hell yeah slurs are free speech
You cannot stop me from saying slurs because it's against the constitution that you swore allegiance to in school so many times
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #613174

Malkraz wrote:
Flatulent wrote:“we don’t want to ban slurs” they said when rule 11 was just introduced
oops right again
What are you referring to? Did they actually ban slurs for real?
Yesterday on terry I got bwoinked by Iain for saying n-word in OOC but then he left to get the “””admin team opinions””” on the matter. I couldn’t wait 2-7 hours, so I went to sleep. As I’m banned from discord, im unaware of any events that transpire there. Why are you all discussing that slurs have been banned? Wtf just happened?
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613175

Flatulent wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
oops right again
Yesterday on terry I got bwoinked by Iain for saying n-word in OOC but then he left to get the “””admin team opinions””” on the matter. I couldn’t wait 2-7 hours, so I went to sleep. As I’m banned from discord, im unaware of any events that transpire there. Why are you all discussing that slurs have been banned? Wtf just happened?
They're doing the slippery slope thing where they pretend they were right about everything by pretending everything they predicted is already happening

Except it's all in their delusional bubble world as they rock back and forth in the padded cell

The "SLUR BAN FREEDOM OF SPEECH AMERICA DESTROYER BAN" practical reality amounts to an admin occasionally bwoinking you and saying "hey can you stop calling people the n-word/writing "I hate n-words" on everything thanks"

And then the player says "Oh but I saw everyone else doing it so I thought it was ok"

And then the admin says "I know but we're trying to dial it back a bit"

And then the ahelp ends
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613176

Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
oops right again
They're doing the slippery slope thing where they pretend they were right about everything by pretending everything they predicted is already happening

Except it's all in their delusional bubble world as they rock back and forth in the padded cell

The "SLUR BAN FREEDOM OF SPEECH AMERICA DESTROYER BAN" practical reality amounts to an admin occasionally bwoinking you and saying "hey can you stop calling people the n-word/writing "I hate n-words" on everything thanks"

And then the player says "Oh but I saw everyone else doing it so I thought it was ok"

And then the ahelp ends
except they're actually right because i have a note now after checking in-game
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613177

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
oops right again

And then the ahelp ends
except they're actually right because i have a note now after checking in-game
I mean did you use a slur as an insult? The clear implication of doing that is pretty obviously bigotry.

If I said "You fucking n-word" or whatever, the implication is inferiority of the class of person you're calling them. Otherwise it wouldn't be an insult. This is the difference between using it casually amongst other members of that class as a term of endearment, and screaming it at people when they make you mad
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613179

wesoda25 wrote:As for slurs: I personally wouldn’t be bothered if we banned them. I think theres an argument that a culture of toxicity and bigotry can exist without blatant examples of any of those these on any one persons part, which is really sort of the only thing we don’t allow ATM. I’m not sure I was of this mindset when rule 11 was created though, so really I think it’s just another example of how a community changes (thus reinforcing why rule 11 being flexible is good). Because of this I can’t help but feel that it’s a little short-minded to just smugly say “we knew slurs would get banned” or whatever because it doesn’t acknowledge the growth along the way which led people to seriously consider the idea. If something is a good change, but you fear that by doing it you may be enabling bad changes down the line, you need to consider that your entire definition of “good and bad” may change along the way.
"Someone fucked with our Overton Window, and that's a good thing."
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613180

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:As for slurs: I personally wouldn’t be bothered if we banned them. I think theres an argument that a culture of toxicity and bigotry can exist without blatant examples of any of those these on any one persons part, which is really sort of the only thing we don’t allow ATM. I’m not sure I was of this mindset when rule 11 was created though, so really I think it’s just another example of how a community changes (thus reinforcing why rule 11 being flexible is good). Because of this I can’t help but feel that it’s a little short-minded to just smugly say “we knew slurs would get banned” or whatever because it doesn’t acknowledge the growth along the way which led people to seriously consider the idea. If something is a good change, but you fear that by doing it you may be enabling bad changes down the line, you need to consider that your entire definition of “good and bad” may change along the way.
"I feel left out now that the overton window has shifted away from nazism and bigotry being acceptable, this is the community's problem not mine!"
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613182

Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
"I feel left out now that the overton window has shifted away from nazism and bigotry being acceptable, this is the community's problem not mine!"
When did we have people advocating for implementing nazism and bigotry in server policy? How would one even implement nazism in spessmen?
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613183

Stickymayhem wrote: I mean did you use a slur as an insult? The clear implication of doing that is pretty obviously bigotry.

If I said "You fucking n-word" or whatever, the implication is inferiority of the class of person you're calling them. Otherwise it wouldn't be an insult. This is the difference between using it casually amongst other members of that class as a term of endearment, and screaming it at people when they make you mad
stop implying shit sticky, we are from extremely different cultural backgrounds
Omni
Byond Username: Omni44

Post by Omni » #613184

Comes to think about it, there's something crazily interesting about that whole deal. It is possible to step in here after year of abscence and still see same people having umptienth go at this whole ordeal despite being repeatedly told by players that they absolutely don't want them to govern over them to any more extent than they already might. And that's despite the fact that, from where I am sitting playerbase has been nearly completely replaced since last time I logged on. Not to mention since last time I had fun here, since that's way back. So time should, at least in theory, work in their favour.
At least Risky "You gonna suck this cock CLEAN" Sikh and goof do it for lulz.
It'd make for interesting subject of psychological study, wasn't psychology as a field somewhere between astrology and tarot reading in terms of seriousness.
Anyways good luck fellas, and if not this time, then next time.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613185

Goof is NOT doing it for lulz.

Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613187

you revoke any right to having a point by engaging with sticky's take on it
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #613188

British man who openly celebrates ACAB-tier cop-killing on the forums unironically mocks people for opposing restrictions on mean words. More news at 11.
► Show Spoiler
Omni

Post by Omni » #613189

Agux909 wrote:Goof is NOT doing it for lulz.
Is he not doing it for lulz, or is he not aware he is doing it for lulz?
Now that's one hell of a riddle.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #613190

Omni wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Goof is NOT doing it for lulz.
Is he not doing it for lulz, or is he not aware he is doing it for lulz?
Now that's one hell of a riddle.
Your guess is as good as mine.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #613194

Omni wrote:Comes to think about it, there's something crazily interesting about that whole deal. It is possible to step in here after year of abscence and still see same people having umptienth go at this whole ordeal despite being repeatedly told by players that they absolutely don't want them to govern over them to any more extent than they already might. And that's despite the fact that, from where I am sitting playerbase has been nearly completely replaced since last time I logged on. Not to mention since last time I had fun here, since that's way back. So time should, at least in theory, work in their favour.
At least Risky "You gonna suck this cock CLEAN" Sikh and goof do it for lulz.
It'd make for interesting subject of psychological study, wasn't psychology as a field somewhere between astrology and tarot reading in terms of seriousness.
Anyways good luck fellas, and if not this time, then next time.
jannies were always power hungry and always want more of it
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613197

Flatulent wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote: I mean did you use a slur as an insult? The clear implication of doing that is pretty obviously bigotry.

stop implying shit sticky, we are from extremely different cultural backgrounds
that's an explanation not a justification
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613198

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
When did we have people advocating for implementing nazism and bigotry in server policy? How would one even implement nazism in spessmen?
We had people openly advocating for nazi politics, talking about genociding the jews and all kinds of shit like that a year ago before Rule 11 axed them

I mean "bAnNiNg SluRrrrRs iS A nAzI pOlIcY coS fReEdOm"
Omni

Post by Omni » #613199

Flatulent wrote:jannies were always power hungry and always want more of it
Yeah, goes without saying that anyone willingly applying for position of moderator anywhere on the internet is, at the very elast, power hungry unless proven otherwise (and in whooping 99%+ of time this does not end up being the case), and anyone that spent more than month on the internet should outright assume that. But persistency factor of it and, against all better judgement, is the weird thing.
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613201

Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
We had people openly advocating for nazi politics, talking about genociding the jews and all kinds of shit like that a year ago before Rule 11 axed them
That's culture, not Overton window. The Overton window is about policies.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... o0-323.mp4
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #613202

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
"Let me scream rape all n-words and let's gas the jews" are policies that are no longer politically acceptable to the population of this server

Outside of the half dozen people who scream every time rule 11 comes up but hide their power level :^)
Tegun
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Tegun

Post by Tegun » #613203

Omni wrote:wasn't psychology as a field somewhere between astrology and tarot reading in terms of seriousness.
Psychology is pretty serious, but probably not in the way a layman thinks. For some reason a lot of people think it's all about personalities, feelings and reading minds, when a lot of the gains are in things like neuro, observation and cognition, things which are much more measurable than a questionnaire - but it is not a hard science in the sense that you can find immutable truths about the reality we live in. It is still very practical knowledge to know about the limits and averages of humans.

And now that I am done defending my choice of studying psychology, I admire the repeated runners' commitment to the game but at the same time they remind me of a politician here who thought he was going to be the next president some 40 years ago, still hasn't given up on the idea and has only fallen lower and lower in status as time has passed. Used to hold pretty high positions though, and he has some extremely inspirational quotes such as "everyone has their unique strengths - it just happens to me that they all are combined in me" and "I don't remember the last time I was wrong".
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #613207

Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:
"Let me scream rape all n-words and let's gas the jews" are policies that are no longer politically acceptable to the population of this server

Outside of the half dozen people who scream every time rule 11 comes up but hide their power level :^)
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #613321

Flatulent wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
oops right again
So the confusion here is understandable, but also stupid and retarded. (Otherwise known as fake and gay or fraudulent and asexual)

I don't want to ban all uses of a word that happens to be a slur. Thats what I mean when I say I want to ban bigotry, not slurs.

The context it is used in determines rather an instance of uttering a word that happens to be a slur is bigoted.

At a place that "bans slurs", saying "x just got banned for calling somebody a faggot" would also get you banned. This is retarded. There is no need to censor "faggot" in this context.

At a place that bans slurs, saying "what are you faggots playing" gets you in trouble, understandable to a degree, but also retarded. This usecase is not bigoted and its a term of endearment in this context.

At somewhere like goon, responding to a ridiculous request with "nigga please" would get you banned, by some white know it alls from the most privileged forum on the internet, despite being how a historically unprivileged social economical class actually speaks (to be clear, this is a culture argument, not a race one. If you grew up in the hood or adjacent communities, it didn't matter if you were white, black, mexican, or asian, soft-as were in your instinctive vocabulary, if not flat out hard-rs.).
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #613352

MrStonedOne wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
oops right again
So the confusion here is understandable, but also stupid and retarded. (Otherwise known as fake and gay or fraudulent and asexual)

I don't want to ban all uses of a word that happens to be a slur. Thats what I mean when I say I want to ban bigotry, not slurs.

The context it is used in determines rather an instance of uttering a word that happens to be a slur is bigoted.

At a place that "bans slurs", saying "x just got banned for calling somebody a faggot" would also get you banned. This is retarded. There is no need to censor "faggot" in this context.

At a place that bans slurs, saying "what are you faggots playing" gets you in trouble, understandable to a degree, but also retarded. This usecase is not bigoted and its a term of endearment in this context.

At somewhere like goon, responding to a ridiculous request with "nigga please" would get you banned, by some white know it alls from the most privileged forum on the internet, despite being how a historically unprivileged social economical class actually speaks (to be clear, this is a culture argument, not a race one. If you grew up in the hood or adjacent communities, it didn't matter if you were white, black, mexican, or asian, soft-as were in your instinctive vocabulary, if not flat out hard-rs.).
I didnt know our weedman was a certified hood classic, the more you know
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613393

MrStonedOne wrote:
Flatulent wrote:
Malkraz wrote:
oops right again

Nobody said you want to ban the words MSO, I think YOUR intention for Rule 11 is good. But I also think very few who apply it actually do so in line within the framework you've presented and there's a handful who have actively made it known they want to push it further (as they have and will.)
MrStonedOne wrote: At a place that bans slurs, saying "what are you faggots playing" gets you in trouble, understandable to a degree, but also retarded. This usecase is not bigoted and its a term of endearment in this context.

We just recently banned a guy for saying "Nigga?" and "some nigga killed the HoP". A headmin deemed it "not worth overturning." Did you just miss that appeal?
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=29615
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #613398

If you project any harder IMAX will be trying to harness you for film
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613403

whats on the toast
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #613406

vegemite
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613408

We just recently banned a guy for saying "Nigga?" and "some nigga killed the HoP". A headmin deemed it "not worth overturning." Did you just miss that appeal?
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29615
They said it to a black person you fucking cheese-head.
[this space reserved]
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #613417

Timonk wrote:vegemite
they're right
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #613462

wesoda25 wrote:
So much misinformation here.
First, it wasn’t a permaban. It was a note for saying the N-word. Not “to” a black person, but in reference to someone who was black. It was vague whether that was meant specifically as a bigoted slur or just as a generic bad word like “retard” but that’s why it was a note. The user was pretty upset about the note so they decided to just self-perma or quit. It wasn’t a permaban.

For the forum peoples: there was a headmin debate about rule 11 and a new player server came up so that’s why this topic is here out of the blue.

As far as the new player server, you need to understand the sentiment behind it. The issue is that new players are treated horribly by the SS13 community at large. If you are new and come into a server where most people have 200+ or even 1000+ hours, instead of being kind and welcoming many users will be toxic to these new players. They’ll make fun of them for wearing duffel bags, call them retards or just outright robust them and steal their things, “cope seethe skill issue” etc. and the new player is gone. That’s to the detriment of the community at large.

The game is difficult to learn with a high skill ceiling and once people finally reach that skill ceiling they feel they’ve earned the right to be just as mean to those below them as the people above them were to them. It’s like a high school where you’re shit on as a freshman, then once you become a senior you shit on the freshmen because you feel like you’ve taken your beatings and now it’s your turn to dole them out.

It’s a bad mentality and that’s why some headmins suggest a new player server. Unfortunately such a proposal only serves to divide our community in the end. What we need is an attitude change. It’s worst on Terry, Sybil could use better vibes too, Manuel doesn’t have this problem but instead it’s become a bit too insular and runs the risk of alienating new players.

But how do you mandate love and kindness? You don’t... but maybe you can start with rule 11 to shift the culture in a more positive direction. That’s what the debate sort of centered around.
Spoiler:
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #613463

sinfulbliss wrote:You don’t... but maybe you can start with rule 11 to shift the culture in a more positive direction.
i rest my case
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613468

Im putting my foot down. You guys have been getting away with making dumbfuck fucking posts for way too long. I dont want to be toxic but holy fuck someone has to tell you that you are at times so lost in delusion or semantics that you make literally zero fucking sense to a person who is even remotely normal. Ive literally started to view browsing forums as going to the zoo because i know there is a good chance i will see the unthinkable product of an incomprehensibly idiotic thought process. PLEASE give yourselves time outs like you are so far past the point of embarrassment i hurt FOR you
[this space reserved]
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #613469

sinfulbliss » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:49 pm #613462
wesoda25 wrote:

So much misinformation here.
First, it wasn’t a permaban. It was a note for saying the N-word. Not “to” a black person, but in reference to someone who was black.
“””

SINFUL WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT NO ONE SAID SHIT ABOUT A PERMA BAN AND YOUR DISTINCTION DOESNT MATTER. NO ONES GONNA READ YOUR ESSAY IF YOUR THESIS IS SHIT. AND WHILE WE’RE AT IT WTF WAS THIS SHIT ABOUT SAYING “pretending to rape a corpse actually is pretty tame” I MEAN WHAT FUCKING PLANET DO YOU BUY YOUR TAKES FROM FFS
[this space reserved]