How to Become Headmin

General SS13 Chat
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

How to Become Headmin

Post by sinfulbliss » #610557

Alright LISTEN HERE you POWERHUNGRY NINNYHAMMERS,

I'm hear to teach all you CRINGE PURPLEMEN how to become BASED GODLY PINKMEN.

I will teach you how to acquire POWER and INFLUENCE. To do so you must have a convincing campaign strategy. I will hereby list ALL of the topics WE AS THE WORKING MEN OF SOCIETY (i.e. the people who PLAY THE GAME) WANT.

THIS IS A LIST OF DEMANDS, MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT.

1. REMOVE TRAM FROM THE PREMISES.

IT HAS GONE ON FAR TOO LONG, IT WAS FUN FOR A WHILE BUT IS SIMPLY PAINFUL AND ACTIVELY AVOIDED BY MANY PLAYERS. IT IS TIME TO OLD-YELLER THE TRAM.

2. ADD MORE GAMERGEAR
GAMERGEAR IS COOL, USING GAMERGEAR IS COOL, YOU ARE COOL IF YOU GIVE US COOL GAMERGEAR. NOW I KNOW YOU CAN'T DO THIS BUT WHAT YOU CAN DO IS HOLD THE ADMIN CONFIG CHANGES HOSTAGE FROM MAINTAINERS UNTIL THEY ACCEPT YOUR DEMANDS. OR ASK MSO THE HEAD-HEAD-HEADCODER TO FREEZE THE CODEBASE UNTIL IT IS SEEN DONE.

3. OVERTURN MORE BANS
PLAYERS ALWAYS RESPECT A HEADMIN THAT ISN'T AFRAID TO YANK THE CHAIN ON HIS FELLOW PURPLEMEN ONCE IN A WHILE, IT IS NOT ONLY A SIGN OF AUTHORITY BUT A SIGN OF CONFIDENCE AND THAT OF A GREAT LEADER. WE DON'T NEED MR. NICE-GUY, WE NEED A TYRANT FOR THE PEOPLE... THINK LENIN ONLY INSTEAD OF RUSSIA IT'S A BUNCH OF AUTISTS PLAYING 2D SPACEMAN.

4. PROMISE MORE COOL EVENTS
LOOK WE ALL KNOW THIS IS A LIE BUT PROMISE THEM ANYWAY AND THE VOTE IS YOURS, HELL IF SACKO WHO IS A TRIALMIN CAN ORGANIZE ONE SINGLEHANDEDLY THEN SURELY YOU CAN WHIP SOME OF YOUR PURPLE CRONIES INTO DOING SO AS WELL DONTCHAKNOW? YOU ARE BIG BOSSMAN. REMEMBER THAT.

5. DO NOT MIX LRP AND MRP POLICY.
THEY ARE DIFFERENT GAMES AND ARGUABLY SHOULD EVEN BE DIFFERENT CODEBASES, HELL YOU CAN'T GIVE A LING MORPHINE ADDICTION (/s) OR MURDERBONE WITH HIJACK ON MRP BUT ON LRP YOU CAN MASS MURDER TIDERS FOR FIREAXING BRIDGE WINDOWS AND MAXCAP A CULT BASE. LRP-MINS AND MRP-MINS PLAY THE GAME DIFFERENTLY BUT RULINGS SHOULDN'T BE A DICEROLL.

6. PRESERVE THE TIDE.
MANY MOONS AGO WHEN BLACKPANTS LEGION WAS DESCRIBING SERVERS IN ONE SENTENCE, FOR TG HE SAID "GETTING DESTROYED BY GREYTIDERS." IT IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE TG EXPERIENCE AND ANYONE WHO DISAGREES DOESN'T PLAY. THAT SAID IF YOU PRESERVE THE TIDE YOU MUST AT ALL COSTS PRESERVE SEC'S ABILITY TO ABUSE THE TIDE FOR TIDING. CIRCLE OF LIFE TYPE BEAT.

Now I open our list of demands to the general populace.

SET THEM FORTH WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
Spoiler:
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Re: How to Become Headmin

Post by Domitius » #610581

To be a good headmin though do the opposite of all this and be ready for a lot of boring conversations mixed in with a lot of paperwork that will take a ton of proofreading and time.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610594

Being headmin seems to largely about having policy on hand that only admins will ever actually read in full but that you can point to when some rules lawyer shithead tries to argue that shooting a gatfruit revolver into the supermatter to delaminate it is "obviously an IC issue" or some shit like that
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #610596

why would you even want to run for headmin
you’re going to have to contend with two other headmins who are elected by the admins
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610598

Pandarsenic wrote:Being headmin seems to largely about having policy on hand that only admins will ever actually read in full but that you can point to when some rules lawyer shithead tries to argue that shooting a gatfruit revolver into the supermatter to delaminate it is "obviously an IC issue" or some shit like that
if ur a baby go to manuel
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #610607

the real way from somebody who pulled it off:

- have a large presence in the community but not in a negative way (not all attention is good attention in a community as small as this). this is the biggest part by fucking far, because if people don't know who the fuck you are (particularly people who are just players ingame) then you're right out.
-- this is mostly done through numbers. high play time (huge), high post count, high number of chat logs in ooc, etc etc. static naming ingame is surprisingly not super important but it definitely helps. be prepared to lose irl health over this process.

- have a pleasant presence. i already said that negative attention is bad but this doesn't just mean don't be outwardly rude, it means to be a big chiller. if you're a radical spastic who WANTS TO WIN BECAUSE FUCK THE RULES then the votes you'll get will be joking ones, and those won't win the election. being high-strung and stressed out makes you seem unreliable, which is probably true. remember that this is a game and we're here to have fun, and internalize that until it bleeds into your demeanor.

- dip your toes into other facets of the community. learn a little byond and make some features that people enjoy, things you can point to down the line and be like "that? yeah i made that. 8-)" (also it's just fun to learn)
-- if/when you become an admin during this process, ABSOLUTELY learn to run good events. creativity helps massively and it's a big win-win for the players who have a lot of fun playing it, you who has fun running it, and you again for the free publicity.

- name recognition is pretty huge. if your name is not recognizable through this process then it has more or less been a waste. if your username is extra long or not memorable, take on a nickname. if you run an event, say so in OOC so people can see who's behind it.

- have an actual plan. being headmin for the sake of it kind of fucking blows. have a reason to be headmin going into it because if you don't then know you're just taking on busywork and responsibility for no gain. in my case the foremost objective was bringing back ban requests which i made an honest attempt at but got veto'd on immediately by the other guys, then i got cucked into handling headmin-PM-ban-requests for the next 6 months.
-- that plan CAN be to keep the status quo, but that doesn't grab much attention, sadly. a neat trick is to loudly state your position on a controversial topic in a way that affirms the status quo without actually saying it, IE "I will absolutely not bring back ERP. As long as I am headmin, ERP will not get unbanned." is a better bullet point than "I won't change our ERP rules."

- have an eye-grabby campaign thread. a fun title that clearly states your name/nickname (remember, name recognition), a neat OP that isn't a flat wall of text (nobody's gonna read your manifesto, this is a video game forum, and use fucking bullet points!!! and maybe even spoiler tags for categorizing!!!), jerk yourself off a little bit in a tasteful way much like you would at a job interview (basically list your accomplishments in such a way that you appear to be the hottest shit in the universe without actually saying that you are), knock out some stances you've got on this week's hot topic, list some of your objectives as headmin.
-- if people post in your thread, interact with them. if they're shitting on you, maybe don't, but remember that bumping your thread and keeping it at the top of the forum is huge. players poking in to see what the deal is will see the top threads and that's it. somebody compliments you? thank them. somebody asks a question? answer them. somebody puts in a good word of confidence in you? thank and reaffirm them. somebody declares that they're a bit uncertain because of X? reassure them (but don't make it a whole wall of text; the only people that will read that are lunatics out for blood that will try to poke holes in it).

- appeal to the players while the thread is up. this process will be in-game, so again, play the fucking game. be shameless without breaking the "dont use admin tools to promote yourself" rules and without it getting obnoxious. say goodnight in OOC before logging off, and throw in a quick "remember to vote me for headmin!" before you go. headmin debates come up in OOC? "you should vote for me [link thread]" just straight up. anything "subliminal" should have been done months before the election started, now isn't the time to be subtle. if you're well-known and liked you may even get other people to shill you without you asking them to, which is an excellent sign (especially if they're random players).
-- the player vote is the only thing you can really bank on reliably. the admins generally already have decent name recognition within the team, and they're just going to vote for whichever candidate they personally like, meaning to get their vote you pretty much have to make every single admin your friend. you will not be able to do this. the host/headmin vote is basically random (i would know, i did a headmin vote and pretty much picked the first thing i saw that looked good, showed it to the others and they said "ehhh sure") so there isn't even a distinct strategy to get it besides being the least insane candidate.

all this is to say that you should PLAY THE FUCKING GAME and TALK IN OOC and you should DO THIS UNTIL YOUR SOCIAL LIFE AND MENTAL HEALTH NOTABLY DETERIORATE. i had something like 2k hours played by the time i made my first headmin election thread as a player. i got second place (the best a non-admin has done in an election), after which Kor (a headmin) took interest and adminned me. being able to run events and make myself known as an admin instantly gave me the extra clout to win the next cycle.

now for some examples. here's my 2016 thread where i was a player for the most of it (i actually became an admin before the vote ended now that i look back at it, but i'll still call it an accomplishment as someone who was so overwhelmingly a player at the time): https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8123
note how i made the mistake of not putting my name in the thread title, which definitely hurt my recognition, and didn't engage with as many posts as i could have which meant my thread wasn't as consistently bumped as it could have been.

here's the headmin election thread that won it for me back in 2017: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9760
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #610634

PKPenguin321 wrote:the real way from somebody who pulled it off:

- have a large presence in the community but not in a negative way (not all attention is good attention in a community as small as this). this is the biggest part by fucking far, because if people don't know who the fuck you are (particularly people who are just players ingame) then you're right out.
-- this is mostly done through numbers. high play time (huge), high post count, high number of chat logs in ooc, etc etc. static naming ingame is surprisingly not super important but it definitely helps. be prepared to lose irl health over this process.

- have a pleasant presence. i already said that negative attention is bad but this doesn't just mean don't be outwardly rude, it means to be a big chiller. if you're a radical spastic who WANTS TO WIN BECAUSE FUCK THE RULES then the votes you'll get will be joking ones, and those won't win the election. being high-strung and stressed out makes you seem unreliable, which is probably true. remember that this is a game and we're here to have fun, and internalize that until it bleeds into your demeanor.

- dip your toes into other facets of the community. learn a little byond and make some features that people enjoy, things you can point to down the line and be like "that? yeah i made that. 8-)" (also it's just fun to learn)
-- if/when you become an admin during this process, ABSOLUTELY learn to run good events. creativity helps massively and it's a big win-win for the players who have a lot of fun playing it, you who has fun running it, and you again for the free publicity.

- name recognition is pretty huge. if your name is not recognizable through this process then it has more or less been a waste. if your username is extra long or not memorable, take on a nickname. if you run an event, say so in OOC so people can see who's behind it.

- have an actual plan. being headmin for the sake of it kind of fucking blows. have a reason to be headmin going into it because if you don't then know you're just taking on busywork and responsibility for no gain. in my case the foremost objective was bringing back ban requests which i made an honest attempt at but got veto'd on immediately by the other guys, then i got cucked into handling headmin-PM-ban-requests for the next 6 months.
-- that plan CAN be to keep the status quo, but that doesn't grab much attention, sadly. a neat trick is to loudly state your position on a controversial topic in a way that affirms the status quo without actually saying it, IE "I will absolutely not bring back ERP. As long as I am headmin, ERP will not get unbanned." is a better bullet point than "I won't change our ERP rules."

- have an eye-grabby campaign thread. a fun title that clearly states your name/nickname (remember, name recognition), a neat OP that isn't a flat wall of text (nobody's gonna read your manifesto, this is a video game forum, and use fucking bullet points!!! and maybe even spoiler tags for categorizing!!!), jerk yourself off a little bit in a tasteful way much like you would at a job interview (basically list your accomplishments in such a way that you appear to be the hottest shit in the universe without actually saying that you are), knock out some stances you've got on this week's hot topic, list some of your objectives as headmin.
-- if people post in your thread, interact with them. if they're shitting on you, maybe don't, but remember that bumping your thread and keeping it at the top of the forum is huge. players poking in to see what the deal is will see the top threads and that's it. somebody compliments you? thank them. somebody asks a question? answer them. somebody puts in a good word of confidence in you? thank and reaffirm them. somebody declares that they're a bit uncertain because of X? reassure them (but don't make it a whole wall of text; the only people that will read that are lunatics out for blood that will try to poke holes in it).

- appeal to the players while the thread is up. this process will be in-game, so again, play the fucking game. be shameless without breaking the "dont use admin tools to promote yourself" rules and without it getting obnoxious. say goodnight in OOC before logging off, and throw in a quick "remember to vote me for headmin!" before you go. headmin debates come up in OOC? "you should vote for me [link thread]" just straight up. anything "subliminal" should have been done months before the election started, now isn't the time to be subtle. if you're well-known and liked you may even get other people to shill you without you asking them to, which is an excellent sign (especially if they're random players).
-- the player vote is the only thing you can really bank on reliably. the admins generally already have decent name recognition within the team, and they're just going to vote for whichever candidate they personally like, meaning to get their vote you pretty much have to make every single admin your friend. you will not be able to do this. the host/headmin vote is basically random (i would know, i did a headmin vote and pretty much picked the first thing i saw that looked good, showed it to the others and they said "ehhh sure") so there isn't even a distinct strategy to get it besides being the least insane candidate.

all this is to say that you should PLAY THE FUCKING GAME and TALK IN OOC and you should DO THIS UNTIL YOUR SOCIAL LIFE AND MENTAL HEALTH NOTABLY DETERIORATE. i had something like 2k hours played by the time i made my first headmin election thread as a player. i got second place (the best a non-admin has done in an election), after which Kor (a headmin) took interest and adminned me. being able to run events and make myself known as an admin instantly gave me the extra clout to win the next cycle.

now for some examples. here's my 2016 thread where i was a player for the most of it (i actually became an admin before the vote ended now that i look back at it, but i'll still call it an accomplishment as someone who was so overwhelmingly a player at the time): https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8123
note how i made the mistake of not putting my name in the thread title, which definitely hurt my recognition, and didn't engage with as many posts as i could have which meant my thread wasn't as consistently bumped as it could have been.

here's the headmin election thread that won it for me back in 2017: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9760
Decent advice but not color-coded so mine is better.
Spoiler:
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #610635

I'ma abridge OPs list to the real strat:

1. be a admin

2. the majority* likes you

*admins for admin vote, players for player vote.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #610642

read: how to get my vote
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610654

first off it's very hard to see the green against the light background
second off kill the fucking tide i hate tiders i hate this post from mr sec hos main smdh
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #610663

I haven't played this game for more than 2 months, meaning I have little to none Stupid Shit Caca Space Station 13 Chemicals build up in my body can I become headmin now
I remade the beach away mission
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #610665

EuSouAFazenda wrote:I haven't played this game for more than 2 months, meaning I have little to none Stupid Shit Caca Space Station 13 Chemicals build up in my body can I become headmin now
Run while you still can, lad
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610669

PKPenguin321 wrote:Admemes
If you're feeling particularly candid, would you do it again? Are you satisfied with how your term went? Etc.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #610676

Pandarsenic wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:Admemes
If you're feeling particularly candid, would you do it again? Are you satisfied with how your term went? Etc.
I have attempted to run a few times since then, don't remember why. I think once was because the Manuel MRP server was new and I wanted to really lay a stake into how admins would behave on it, but I think that term I had to drop out because of real life stuff. I'd have to dig up my candidate threads to be sure. Right now I don't feel a particular need to run again, I don't really play enough and there's nothing I feel I want a really direct influence on.

My term went okay, all things considered. Ausops is an Aussie so we were almost never awake at the same hours, and Joan was dead silent and secretly abusing their maintainer+headmin role to sabotage other coders or something. I didn't really know about the Joan thing until after my term.

I feel pretty good about how I kept the Gang gamemode alive a while longer. I dropped it back into the rotation with my headmin powers, then coderbase yanked it out of the codebase from under my feet, so I reverted the removal and thankfully Cheridan was a cool dude and merged it back in. This is one of the only real "wins" to close the gap between coderbus and adminbus that I can really recall. Gang ultimately died out anyways, which is a shame, but it's cool that it got to stick around longer than it would have otherwise. It could be a pretty fun mode despite its objective flaws and toxic meta.

I really, really wish I had got the Missed Ahelps (aka Ban Requests 2.0) thing going, but I got veto'd by the other headmins within the first couple days of becoming headmin. Turns out headmins still have to handle missed ahelps in the exact same way that I proposed, just in PMs. It sucks balls because it's way less transparent and puts a lot of work specifically on the headmins, or just me in the case of my term since the other headmins weren't around so much. I also kind of regret bumping the term duration to six months (it was previously four). This was proposed to us by MSO/oranges and we all agreed without really thinking about it, but in retrospect I think it's caused a lot of burnout which you hate to see. I don't think MSO/oranges plan to change it back any time soon because it turns out they'd rather only have two elections per year rather than three, which I guess is fair.

Oh, and I guess it was pretty fun being able to run whatever event I liked whenever I wanted at my own discretion, given that I was at the top of the disciplinary chain so nobody could smack me down for it. I don't think I ever really abused it but it definitely made event running much more carefree.
Spoiler:
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #610689

PKPenguin321 wrote: I really, really wish I had got the Missed Ahelps (aka Ban Requests 2.0) thing going, but I got veto'd by the other headmins within the first couple days of becoming headmin.
Sounds like the classic player vote headmin trap, and is something I'd generally caution everyone about with regards to the player vote: as much as voting based on a platform is decent, anything controversial in there is not getting past the rest of the triumvirate. I'd generally recommend voting based on who you think would be the most stable and that you like in policy discussions, because thats the bulk of what theyre going to be able to do in the actual position.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #610690

EOBGames wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote: I really, really wish I had got the Missed Ahelps (aka Ban Requests 2.0) thing going, but I got veto'd by the other headmins within the first couple days of becoming headmin.
Sounds like the classic player vote headmin trap, and is something I'd generally caution everyone about with regards to the player vote: as much as voting based on a platform is decent, anything controversial in there is not getting past the rest of the triumvirate. I'd generally recommend voting based on who you think would be the most stable and that you like in policy discussions, because thats the bulk of what theyre going to be able to do in the actual position.
To be fair, with me getting voted in that term, Missed Ahelps had SOME % chance of happening. Had someone else been the player vote, it would have had a 0% chance. I may have gotten veto'd, but even proposing the idea at that level is the closest the idea has ever been to fruition.
Spoiler:
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #610691

PKPenguin321 wrote:
EOBGames wrote:
To be fair, with me getting voted in that term, Missed Ahelps had SOME % chance of happening. Had someone else been the player vote, it would have had a 0% chance. I may have gotten veto'd, but even proposing the idea at that level is the closest the idea has ever been to fruition.
A fair point- I suppose I was trying to caution people that the platform pieces that rock the boat a lot (namely the stuff that people always go nuts over, like "draining the game master swamp" or what have you) are like... not gonna happen. The triumvirate structure at the top promotes stability, and means that anything controversial like that is gonna get knocked down as soon as its proposed- so putting all your stock in the candidate who's gonna rock the boat isnt really a great idea unless you like seeing vetos thrown like slaps in a three stooges film.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610692

we should riot and ignore admins until they stop vetoing the player voted headmin
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #610756

sinfulbliss wrote: Now I open our list of demands to the general populace.
"our" list? You may be schizophrenic, chinese knockoff Crag.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #610759

The fastest way to become headmin is to take your policy advice from a guy who was permabanned up until 13 days ago.
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #610769

PKPenguin321 wrote:the real way from somebody who pulled it off:

alternatively, get lucky and become the backup plan
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #610772

capn_monkeypaw wrote:The fastest way to become headmin is to take your policy advice from a guy who was permabanned up until 13 days ago.
Do as I say, not as I do.

Alternatively, go fuck yourself.

Alternatively x2, this thread was not made in sincerity. I am beginning to fear I must mention this after every transition between banter and sobriety, lest some autist without the social agility to make the quick recognition of the switch come and sperg out on me.
Last edited by sinfulbliss on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #610774

PKPenguin321 wrote:all this is to say that you should PLAY THE FUCKING GAME and TALK IN OOC and you should DO THIS UNTIL YOUR SOCIAL LIFE AND MENTAL HEALTH NOTABLY DETERIORATE
This is the scary part that gets glossed over
Hugs
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #610776

or alternatively you could be a catgirl, nya in discord and become host pick
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #610779

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
sinfulbliss wrote: Now I open our list of demands to the general populace.
"our" list? You may be schizophrenic, chinese knockoff Crag.
I'll be honest 5-6 were kind of self-insertions but ONE THROUGH FOUR ARE COMPLETELY VALID REPRESENTATIONS OF THE PUBLIC SENTIMENT AND YOU KNOW IT.
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #610785

Misdoubtful wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:all this is to say that you should PLAY THE FUCKING GAME and TALK IN OOC and you should DO THIS UNTIL YOUR SOCIAL LIFE AND MENTAL HEALTH NOTABLY DETERIORATE
I think it's the other way round. Your social life and mental health deteriorate so you end up playing more SS13
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #610791

I'm still laughing at the "freeze the codebase until the maintainers add more gamer gear" part
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #610801

Jaredfogle wrote:I'm still laughing at the "freeze the codebase until the maintainers add more gamer gear" part
Gamer gear cannot be an afterthought. Not anymore.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #610809

share a similar name with a public figure in the community and use it to your advantage
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610825

sinfulbliss wrote:lest some autist without the social agility to make the quick recognition of the switch come and sperg out on me.
sobbing
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #610827

last night I puked through my nose I let the nose puke sip into my hennesy.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #610838

Flatulent wrote:or alternatively you could be a catgirl, nya in discord and become host pick
This is the number 1 requirement pretty sure.

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #610844

sinfulbliss wrote: Do as I say, not as I do.

Alternatively, go fuck yourself.

Alternatively x2, this thread was not made in sincerity. I am beginning to fear I must mention this after every transition between banter and sobriety, lest some autist without the social agility to make the quick recognition of the switch come and sperg out on me.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #610863

Stickymayhem wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:
I think it's the other way round. Your social life and mental health deteriorate so you end up playing more SS13
It is sort of a vicious cycle, regardless of which side it starts on.
Spoiler:
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #610874

sinfulbliss wrote:HELL YOU CAN'T GIVE A LING MORPHINE ADDICTION
Good thing no one would ever be stupid enough to think that something like that is a rule brea-- wait.
oh no.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #610911

Sylphet wrote:
Good thing no one would ever be stupid enough to think that something like that is a rule brea-- wait.
oh no.
I added the /s specifically incase you read this thread to soften that roast a lil.
All bants....
Spoiler:
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #610953

sinfulbliss wrote:
Sylphet wrote:
oh no.
I added the /s specifically incase you read this thread to soften that roast a lil.
All bants....
It's been long enough to laugh about what happens to your brain on MRP juice <3
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #611335

Jonathan Gupta wrote:last night I puked through my nose I let the nose puke sip into my hennesy.
why did I commit this here.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #611342

what the fuck is a hennesy
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Rohen_Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #611344

TheFinalPotato wrote:what the fuck is a hennesy
cognac
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #611354

TheFinalPotato wrote:what the fuck is a hennesy