Tool box For a cause 2021 Coming Saturday October 16th 2021!

General SS13 Chat
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Tool box For a cause 2021 Coming Saturday October 16th 2021!

Post by Sacko » #615665

Hello everyone! Toolbox season is upon us once again - this time, crawling back from the grave with a twist from HELL! That’s right, Toolbox of Terror 2021 is coming to an Events Hall near you, on Saturday, October 16th 2021 at 3PM EST/8Pm GMT+1! We’re raising money for the International Rescue Committee, a charity created in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, dedicated to providing humanitarian aid and relief to refugees displaced by war. Find more information at their website, here: https://www.rescue.org/

$6000 is our goal this year and meeting milestones along the way will grant special abilities for the first fight of matches which will be at minimum "Best of 3" giving us the most fair toolbox format to date. Reaching the $5000 milestone before the end of the tournament will upgrade the bracket to double elimination.

Every cent counts, but as a token of our gratitude we have an entire suite of donation incentives ranging from $5 to $100 including an art raffle. Donate and check out all the rewards here: https://tiltify.com/+tg-station/toolbox2021.

We are also looking for anyone with mapping experience or even if you are hoping to learn a thing or two, to do a 15x8 arena for the tournament, but spriters and coders are always welcome too. Contact @sacko#4649 if you are interested in helping out even with just a single arena. Thanks!

When can I sign up and where can I find a team?
Team sign ups will drop on October 2nd with the link to sign up so don’t worry just yet. We will be taking 32 teams maximum. If you want to ask around to find a team or even a 3rd person we will have a temporary channel in discord for you to use for just that purpose.

See below for donation perks!
Spoiler:
  • 5 dollars: 2021 Charity donator role in the /tg/station discord (please include your discord handle and number example user#0001 so we can give you this reward)
  • 15 dollars: you will be entered in a raffle to win a custom commission done by Wubli, Meyhasah, Hiyinastrike, bytube, or Ryll/shaps This includes the previous rewards tier
  • 50 dollars: You will receive the based in general discord role which allows access to posting in the Admin Auditorium discord channel on the /tg/station Discord. All previous reward tiers are bundled with this.
  • 100 dollars: You will receive a ping shout out in News Bus on the /tg/station discord by myself or mothblocks. Take a look in there for examples. I may try to spin off whatever message you type along side of your donation so get creative with your donation messages. It will make this incentive even more personalized ya? All previous donation incentives will be bundled with this reward tier
Tournament Format and Date that the sign ups are live.
Spoiler:
the tournament will start as 32 teams of three, single elimination. The teams will compete in a best of three to decide who will continue in the bracket. Semifinals will see the stakes bumped up to best of 5. And for the finals the two best teams must compete in a best of 7 to take the trophy! If our 5,000 donation incentive is met A double elimination bracket will be unlocked so your favorite team may get a shot to crawl back from the crypt.
Tournament Rules
Spoiler:
Team rules
  • 1. Teams MUST not use any performance-enhancing chemical reagents during the arena match (No Ephedrine, Meth, etc.) Any players found violating this will have their team AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED
    2. Teams and all players are allowed to use out of game communication (skype, discord, etc) during this event.
    Only teams of 3 are allowed. Teams are allowed to have optional backup players but they will not receive prize money.
    3. Each team should have a team captain that can be talked to on discord.
    4. There is no guarantee you will be able to get into the server depending number amount of people going to the event. If you are a part of a team, you should get there early.
    5. If a team does not have three people at the time of their match, they will automatically forfeit their match.
    6. Teams should report when they win to their designated admin contact (We will figure out who this is closer to the date)
Fighting rules
  • 1. All forms of combat are allowed. You may throw your teammates/opponents at your foes, you may disarm your opponent, and you may throw your toolbox.
    2. No objects from outside the arena other than what is given to you may be used.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Tool box For a cause 2021 Coming October 16th 2021!

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #615712

So I see in that banner at the bottom that this event is featuring Citrusgender (world's best announcer) (tied with domi)
will the hero we need (world's best announcer) be returning as world's best announcer or will he be sitting this one out as he's retired and enjoying copious amounts of alcohol while relaxing in dubiously-constructed lawn chairs
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Sacko

Post by Sacko » #615720

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:So I see in that banner at the bottom that this event is featuring Citrusgender (world's best announcer) (tied with domi)
will the hero we need (world's best announcer) be returning as world's best announcer or will he be sitting this one out as he's retired and enjoying copious amounts of alcohol while relaxing in dubiously-constructed lawn chairs
The plan is to have citrus host and I think Domi is co-hosting with him? We had to change the charity from doctors without borders to international rescue committee because doctors without borders wouldn't allow citrus to drink on stream. Sad but their loss really. Both charities are doing amazing work in response to current global events so I could've gone either way really. Just a little bit of behind the scenes stuff ya.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #615803

check out this cool banner or whatever its called
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #615805

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:So I see in that banner at the bottom that this event is featuring Citrusgender (world's best announcer) (tied with domi)

yeah I'll be streaming AND DRINKING ALCOHOL

no more hosting though I'm done with doing the work behind these events

the shark makes me more powerful too
Sacko

Post by Sacko » #616168

Hello toolbox fans we have team sign ups open!!! Show your might and win honor for God and country in the thunderdome. Grab yer 3 most robust buddies and sign up here https://wayland-smithy.github.io/outfit-json/ after you are done send the team code to sacko#4649 on discord. Also don't forget to donate to the international rescue comittee here https://tiltify.com/+tg-station/toolbox2021 we are just over 2/3rds of the way to our final goal of 6000 dollars. This will unlock a double elimination bracket effectively doubling the amount of toolbox streamed to you!!! Keep em coming brothers

It is really sacko#4649. I made a typo there very sad. If you have teams please contact there