General SS13 Chat
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Lets talk about the point of permabrig

Post by Armhulen » #619964

Bottom post of the previous page:

i hope it doesn't leave tramstation. it's a super cool unique mapping element and challenge for those on the map, i adore that
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #619972

cacogen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:21 pm I don't think it was designed to be escapable. At least, it never used to be. It was meant to be the equivalent of a game over screen, except one where the player could plant some boring-ass plants in complete isolation and be forgotten about. Things like improvised weaponry and the addition of stuff for the prisoner role has just made it easier to escape. Which is a good thing, the permabrig is shit. It sucks for the player and it sucks for the round. Sticky is right.
you used to be able to throw shit at the window until it breaks, then the grille, and then spacewalk to arrivals and barely take damage. it was definitely designed to be escapable. most players nowadays think that weaknesses in the station design are shitty mapping and not intentional to allow avenues of gameplay.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #619973

yeah genpop is a pretty cool idea

let me add it real quick
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #620010

terranaut wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:39 pm
cacogen wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:21 pm I don't think it was designed to be escapable. At least, it never used to be. It was meant to be the equivalent of a game over screen, except one where the player could plant some boring-ass plants in complete isolation and be forgotten about. Things like improvised weaponry and the addition of stuff for the prisoner role has just made it easier to escape. Which is a good thing, the permabrig is shit. It sucks for the player and it sucks for the round. Sticky is right.
you used to be able to throw shit at the window until it breaks, then the grille, and then spacewalk to arrivals and barely take damage. it was definitely designed to be escapable. most players nowadays think that weaknesses in the station design are shitty mapping and not intentional to allow avenues of gameplay.
on box at least it was impossible to get to arrivals or escape without passing out from oxygen loss without a pill to offset it. any ability to escape without outside help was not intended. usually breaking the window would result in the permabrig being spaced. the vast majority of people trying to escape that way died.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: