Terrible, redundant, useless traitor items.

General SS13 Chat
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Terrible, redundant, useless traitor items.

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622275

There are bad traitor items that are worth re-balancing, and there are bad traitor items that have a niche that is too small to be useful,

but what are some items that are just unapologetically bad, without any real use even in the slightest? I'm talking about extra-bright lamp tier items.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Terrible, redundant, useless traitor items.

Post by Mothblocks » #622278

Smuggler's satchel as long as they're in the ground
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #622285

Camera bug, it works so janky and seems buggy
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622287

Rageguy505 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:10 pm Camera bug, it works so janky and seems buggy
Have you used it recently? I'm pretty sure it got changed to work just like the brig camera console + the ability to track people. Still pretty underwhelming, but it is also the safest option for disabling cameras.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #622292

I may be wrong but I feel like the syndicate EMP bomb is never used and that it's because the effect is underwhelming compared to just a big ol' bomb
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #622293

toy gun w riot darts
dehydrated space carp
i'd argue the martial arts scroll because im pretty sure you still cant use sutures & bunr kits even though it doesn't have damage resistance
smuggler's satchel
mulligan
adaptive cardboard cutouts
fake nuke disk
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622299

mulligan is a newb-trap, there are better ways to both hide and change your identity.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #622302

most of this thread is full of wrong answers and items that just need to be tweaked slightly to be viable.
anyway my answer is syndicate playing cards.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #622311

saprasam wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm toy gun w riot darts
dehydrated space carp
i'd argue the martial arts scroll because im pretty sure you still cant use sutures & bunr kits even though it doesn't have damage resistance
smuggler's satchel
mulligan
fake nuke disk
the toy gun w riot darts is sorta useful if you some reason youre a pacifist, but you can also just order a box from cargo and hack a lathe for riot darts.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #622315

saprasam wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm toy gun w riot darts
dehydrated space carp
smuggler's satchel
mulligan
fake nuke disk
ive used the fake nuke disk exactly once, as a traitor robo during ops

the captain wanted me to implant the disk into him so i quickly put the real disk in my pocket, implanted the fake one and then ran off into maint to give the real disk to ops

but the pinpointers gave it away so sec just came for me and i ended up running into space and dying
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622325

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 am anyway my answer is syndicate playing cards.
Playing cards would be cooler if they weren't in every god damn syndicate space ruin and contraband locker.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #622331

useless traitor items, huh? How about the surgery duffelbag, which has the only benefit of being a syndicate bag and a barely-decent MMI trick for 3tc.
Alternatively, the robo laser arm implant, which apparently sucks massive dick.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622333

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:11 am useless traitor items, huh? How about the surgery duffelbag, which has the only benefit of being a syndicate bag and a barely-decent MMI trick for 3tc.
Sometimes you just need surgery tools and you need 'em now.
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #622336

I mean I guess that's fair, I've bought the 1tc toolkit in the past because need muh insuls and tools RIGHT NOW
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #622338

adrenals
ever since the nerf they were never the same
► Show Spoiler
mindstormy
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Mindstormy

Post by mindstormy » #622355

The engineer sentry gun. For 11 tc it is just a waste, its probably actually worth closer to 2 tc considering even a cripple can dodge every bullet it shoots out.
Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #622365

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 am most of this thread is full of wrong answers and items that just need to be tweaked slightly to be viable.
syndie cards are good if you use them properly, same damage as floortiles when thrown so you have 52 pocket floortiles to throw at nerds
although they can also just enable throw mode so you may aswell just throw hatchets
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #622369

Notgonnabreaktherule wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:50 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 am most of this thread is full of wrong answers and items that just need to be tweaked slightly to be viable.
syndie cards are good if you use them properly, same damage as floortiles when thrown so you have 52 pocket floortiles to throw at nerds
although they can also just enable throw mode so you may aswell just throw hatchets
They throw faster so they are technically even better, the problem with throwing weapons is that they can be used against you very easily.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later