what are some sci-fi antags that haven't been done here

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

what are some sci-fi antags that haven't been done here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623969

Our antag roster mostly consists of spooky eldritch horrors. Like cultists, Changelings, Heretics, Union Revolters, and people who betray my trust.

This is a spess atmos game, but the sci-fi seems more of a backdrop then an actual focus.

So...has anyone seen a sci-fi movie, with a villain of science??? All I can think of, is a powered up ethereal, that drains the stations energy, and absorbs lasers.
► Show Spoiler
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: what are some sci-fi antags that haven't been done here

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #623976

Changelings aren't eldritch horrors you farter they're The Thing from the movie The Thing that's a fucking sci-fi movie it's a god damn alien

we also have Ayy Lmaos and Xenomorphs
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623978

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:37 pm Changelings aren't eldritch horrors you farter they're The Thing from the movie The Thing that's a fucking sci-fi movie it's a god damn alien

we also have Ayy Lmaos and Xenomorphs
id say the thing is eldritch!!
► Show Spoiler
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #623981

how is a funny alien that simply manipulates it's flesh eldritch, you'll need like 2 more degrees of non eulidean geometry and incomprehensible tentacles for that shit

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623983

ardentarclight wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:07 pm how is a funny alien that simply manipulates it's flesh eldritch, you'll need like 2 more degrees of non eulidean geometry and incomprehensible tentacles for that shit
transformation sting into catgirls

(horror form when armlings gets done)
► Show Spoiler
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #623984

i think we should add an antag we could call it the imposter and you could use the vents on the station and kill other crew members
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623987

hivemind was a really great thematic antag backed by controversial mechanics, other than that we the only other alien archetypes we don't have are
"alien what is an amorphous hyper killer" ala Starkid/Prototype.
"An alien what takes over people bodies" ala brain bugs in starship troopers
and "the alien what hunts humans for sport and the like" ala predator
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623988

Also, we could try to add vampires that don't suck (pun intended) as much as every other codebase's. Maybe we could do a sci-fi retheme and call em star-suckers or somthing.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #623992

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:25 pm Also, we could try to add vampires that don't suck (pun intended) as much as every other codebase's. Maybe we could do a sci-fi retheme and call em star-suckers or somthing.
just make them drink cerebrospinal fluid instead of blood and give them psychic powers and have em slurp out ya spine
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #623993

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:25 pm Also, we could try to add vampires that don't suck (pun intended) as much as every other codebase's. Maybe we could do a sci-fi retheme and call em star-suckers or somthing.
Oranges actively opposes antag vampires
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623995

Shadowflame909 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:08 pm
Oranges actively opposes antag vampires
Oh yeah, that's a well-known fact. The trick is to make him support it ironically, after which he with defend the merge with unexplained and irrational vigor similar to his involvement in merging catgirl PRs and wanting to blacklist the word cracker.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #623996

Super Aggro Crag wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:56 pm
just make them drink cerebrospinal fluid instead of blood and give them psychic powers and have em slurp out ya spine
It goes without saying that Craig is right.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #624001

Space pirates are also sci-fi, but for some reason they dress like they're from the 17th century.

IMO there should be a lot more antags that fall within the description of "hey look, a strange new lifeforOH GOD IT'S KILLING EVERYONE"
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #624004

Give us the cortical borers
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #624007

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:49 am Give us the cortical borers
Cool as hell but probably should be made from the ground up mechanically, any ideas?
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #624015

Farquaar wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:19 am Space pirates are also sci-fi, but for some reason they dress like they're from the 17th century.

IMO there should be a lot more antags that fall within the description of "hey look, a strange new lifeforOH GOD IT'S KILLING EVERYONE"
I changed it so now you get more FTL traditional pirates in their messed up cutter
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #624022

Armhulen wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:39 am
Farquaar wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:19 am Space pirates are also sci-fi, but for some reason they dress like they're from the 17th century.

I changed it so now you get more FTL traditional pirates in their messed up cutter
Based.
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #624023

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:41 am
Cool as hell but probably should be made from the ground up mechanically, any ideas?
Ceremorphosis
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #624025

Farquaar wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:19 am IMO there should be a lot more antags that fall within the description of "hey look, a strange new lifeforOH GOD IT'S KILLING EVERYONE"
New role: unidentified life form
- starts with random assortment of powers
- 10 minutes after spawning on the station, they gain either a hidden "kill everything" objective, or a "help the station" objective, 50-50 chance to each
- research somehow benefits from their existence
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #624031

pubby wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 am
Farquaar wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:19 am IMO there should be a lot more antags that fall within the description of "hey look, a strange new lifeforOH GOD IT'S KILLING EVERYONE"
New role: unidentified life form
- starts with random assortment of powers
- 10 minutes after spawning on the station, they gain either a hidden "kill everything" objective, or a "help the station" objective, 50-50 chance to each
- research somehow benefits from their existence
With the new action button refactor, it'd be really cool and funny to see a random event spawn with megafauna powers or just the smoke spell three times
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #624057

We need a some kind of terminator antag on our roster ASAP. Give the crew a friendly terminator and make all of them try to either band together to destroy everything, or to convince the crew that they are the good one. Bonus points for using the "Protect X person" objective that heretics have and never do.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #624060

blackdav123 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:45 pm We need a some kind of terminator antag on our roster ASAP. Give the crew a friendly terminator and make all of them try to either band together to destroy everything, or to convince the crew that they are the good one. Bonus points for using the "Protect X person" objective that heretics have and never do.
Make Malf AI actually show up for once challenge 2022
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #624065

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:41 am
midround antag, you join the station as your normal static like a normal character but in reality you're some kind of horrible space cancer worm in a host body

by getting close to someone and punching/kicking them you inject them with cells, once someone is injected you can activate an ability to kill your current body and transfer your consciousness into the cells

while inside the new player's body they still have full control but you can mess with them and do something to build up power and grow in them

once you have enough power you can, after a delay and a scary message, assume direct control of them so find another body to inject, then transfer consciousness to the new body (the player you initially infested drops into crit and suffers major side effects and has all their organs fucked up but survives with medical attention with some permanent disabilities)

each time you jump bodies you get stronger until after x amount of bodies you can do something cool (become a murderboner form, turn your host into a cocoon that lets other ghosts spawn as infestors, idk)

crew has to get paranoid about people who just punch/kick people randomly, get tested if they think they're infested, etc, if you get caught they can try to kill you with radiation or something but you can explode into a little mobile tumor like a headslug and run off to try to get a new body
blackdav123 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:45 pm We need a some kind of terminator antag on our roster ASAP. Give the crew a friendly terminator and make all of them try to either band together to destroy everything, or to convince the crew that they are the good one. Bonus points for using the "Protect X person" objective that heretics have and never do.
from a meta perspective a very noticeable, very obvious midround that actually does have a 50/50 chance to be crew aligned or antagonistic, and gives the crew some tangible benefit for letting them stay alive, would honestly be pretty fun to experiment with, and we do have synths in a half finished state in the code
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #624077

nianjiilical wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:25 am
crew has to get paranoid about people who just punch/kick people randomly, get tested if they think they're infested, etc, if you get caught they can try to kill you with radiation or something but you can explode into a little mobile tumor like a headslug and run off to try to get a new body
I like the cortical borer idea as a "hivemind assimilating the station" type antagonist. Like monkey infection or zombies but with more of the fun paranoia that comes when assimilation isnt completely obvious. "Why are all my crewmates grabbing that guy? Why did he just get up and start coming at me with them?

I think a hivemind type could be better achieved if everyone was getting a directive thought at any given time. Something like "Act normal!" which would force everyone in the hivemind to be pacifists until a new directive was issued. Talking in unison would also be an interesting quirk to identify when two people are trying to pass as human.

TLDR we need more paranoia antags!!
Weston Echard on Sybil
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #624089

cyber werewolf
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #624093

The nuke gets depressed and wants to blow up so the crew have to cheer it up
egyptian ops that break in through the gateway
a psychic mutant conjoined baby attached to a revhead and hidden under his clothes
bodysnatchers (invasion of)
clone sleeper agents (right from roundstart, half the crew are turned into a clone of some other crewmember so it's an entire crew of doubles - one of each pair is a baddie)
the supervillain - he spawns in a fortress lair and has to attack the station with his army of robots while the crew have to get in and stop him
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #624126

okay so I was thinking more about bodysnatchers and I can't remember which version it was, probably the shitty one with daniel craig, that had them being all pacifist and getting you while you sleep

Pacifist conversion antag
Objective: Basically Hijack. Crew major victory if there are no bodysnatchers on the shuttle, Bodysnatcher major victory if only bodysnatchers escape, Bodysnatcher minor victory if their escapees outnumber crew 2:1 or more.
Upon being converted, you gain the pacifist trait.
Conversion is subtle - bodysnatchers can produce an undetectable chemical that, once introduced to a target by some means or another, will make them pass out some time later and then wake up as a bodysnatcher (taking stimulants will counter this for as long as they're present in your system) - a bodysnatcher chef or bartender is obviously powerful, a chaplain might be able to feed people "holy water", a clown can spray people with a flower, get creative.
No antag hud or other tells for maximum paranoia on both sides.

Will the bodysnatchers be bold enough to start just openly setting off smoke machines on the shuttle? Will jimmy Mcgreytide in his gas mask save the day by, realising there are bodysnatchers, just pull out a fireaxe and rally everyone to beat the shit out of them and anyone that doesn't fight back gets the shit kicked out of them?

I mean this probably sucks and needs more work but this is all you're getting out of me as a half-awake dumb idea thought.