byond making me cry

General SS13 Chat
serbgaming
Byond Username: SerbSlava

byond making me cry

Post by serbgaming » #624563

Haven't played this game in like 1 and a half years, on byond version 514.1560, and i'm too afraid to update in fear of more issues. New to the forums, i'm unsure where to ask this, but whenever i connect to sybil or basil, my ping skyrockets and then i get disconnected. Am i banned or is my version too outdated? Been trying to join to ahelp that i swapped accounts, but i get disconnected too fast for me to even get the window open. Tried googling my issue but nothing comes up that helps, also tried enabling/disabling ActiveX filtering and all that stuff but nothing works.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: byond making me cry

Post by tattle » #624574

Do you have a controller plugged in? If so that may be spamming inputs and forcing you to disconnect.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #624575

I'm not tech support but I can tell you that unless you get a black screen with white text that's says something along the lines of "This client has been banned" then you aren't banned. You are probably gonna have to update. Byond has only bluescreened my computer once and honestly, it was kind of my fault so I wouldn't be too worried about it.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #624577

clear your cookies in IE
serbgaming

Post by serbgaming » #624583

oranges wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:20 pm clear your cookies in IE
Didn't work. No controllers plugged in either. Frustrating because I can join, I hear the roundstart music for a second, then I get disconnected. Sometimes it doesn't even load, it just sits there with a black screen. What really confuses me though is that I just tried to join TerraGov and it works fine, dunno if that correlates with anything.
serbgaming

Post by serbgaming » #624591

Problem fixed. I have a feeling I solved it at some point and then I was joining too many times too fast. Thanks for all the help!