Besides for mood food is completely pointless

General SS13 Chat
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Besides for mood food is completely pointless

Post by The Wrench » #624999

Have you ever found it weird that spaceman don’t starve to death when ethereals do? Maybe make the cook a bit more important I am making spacemen have to eat.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

The Wrench

Re: Besides for mood food is completely pointless

Post by The Wrench » #625001

Taking sugar pills to counter hunger is cringe and you should feel bad about doing it
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #625002

If I wasn’t stupid I would code in diabetes for taking sugar pills, and have the snowflake cure be insulin you get from cargo.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #625010

Chef is a creative job, like most service jobs. If you don’t enjoy making your own fun, it’s best to stick to other departments.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #625042

Hunger is pretty shit already why make it more punitive. The cook doesn't do their job well enough to keep up with demand most of the time and I find myself subsisting on donuts until those are gone and then having to drop everything to order a pizza crate regardless of what job I am after that. We shouldn't get rid of hunger, we should just make individual meals less tedious and unintuitive to make and abolish the use of the crafting menu (it's miserable to navigate over and over again due to the lack of a search bar and miscategorised meals and creating dishes out of thin air is not fun nor satisfying) for cooking. The griddle and oven are attempts at making cooking more natural and intuitive and while they're deeply satisfying to use they have the unfortunate side-effect of slowing down cooking because they aren't as fast as the microwave.

Basically, the kitchen doesn't output enough food to keep up with demand most of the time. This leads to periods of mass starvation and subsequent overreliance on other sources of food like donuts and pizza crates and straight produce. Attempts should be made to understand why that is (e.g. do most cooks not know what is easy and filling to make? is there a lack of necessary ingredients to make good food most shifts? is the process of cooking too reliant on the wiki for more people to learn how to do it?) and correct the issues with it.

I didn't break this up into friendly, two-sentence paragraphs so most people here won't bother reading it but I'm okay with that.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #625045

1) Vicious cycle of chefs not making food because nobody comes over to eat it instead of just going through all the donuts on the station. It's very depressing to see your lovingly made food spreads untouched for half an hour.

2) I know it's not true, but when I'm chef, it feels like most botanists just want to make Weed Dude Lmao because I ask for tomatoes and meatwheat and then 15 minutes later I look over and they have 9 trays of ambrosia vulgaris, not even better mutated strains

Afterthought 3) There's no real encouragement to make particularly good foods because the mood boost is so short and weak, anyway, maybe? Before we even factor in the trashvore trait
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #625187

Huh, I always run out of hunger when im playing organics and am extremely thankful to see a full and tasty kitchen counter because snack food is worthless and expensive these days
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #625906

I mean etherials will die if they don’t get food, so we could do starvation damage. It would make the cook important, also, sugar pills should give diabetes. Again fuck sugar pills

Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #625948

consider the following:
rp jobs don't necessarily need to be "needed" to be good - chef's got a lot of content in terms of what they can make, just find something you want to make and do it, damned be the powergamers who would just find a different source of food to game from instead of RPing with you.
Make food that looks good, get the people who genuinely want to be there, get a chance to talk with people who want to spend some time to talk.

the only person I remember who tried to implement starvation was goof btw so therefore the idea automatically sucks
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #625965

Goof gets a bad wrap but he's added a ton of good shit over the years. You know progress bars? That was him. It's one of those things you can't imagine the game not having.
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #625982

goof is autist but yes we would still be in the dark ages without him - an unsung hero for sure