Winter Ball 2022: ARISEN FROM THE SNOWY GRAVE

General SS13 Chat
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Winter Ball 2022: ARISEN FROM THE SNOWY GRAVE

Post by CitrusGender » #630049

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello friends! I am happy to be back with the 2022 WINTER BALL HOYL FUCK IT"S BACK IT'S BACK

What is the WINTER Ball
The Ball Roleplay oriented event where people get together to have some fun and actually enjoy being in the presence of other people. It's a cool place where lots of fun spontaneous conversation happens. They often have extremely beautiful maps made by our wonderful mapper team that you're encouraged to explore. Players are allowed (but not required!) to ask people out on a date to the ball but don't feel bad if you come up alone! It's a wonderful experience and I recommend everyone to try it out!

When will it be?
The ball is expected to be the 6th of March, 12:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM EST, 8 PM UTC, but this is tentative. We have a good team of mappers this year, so I hope to get this done early.

Where will it be?
It be held on the EVENT HALL SERVERS. (both EU and US) at the same time.

What is expected when I attend?
Nobody is going to be a traitor during the ball. If you murder people, expect to get banned. The ball originally was supposed to take place outside of a round, but this will be its own thing. So if you connect at that time, the only thing that will be going on in the server is just the ball.

How can I help out?
These events come from the community and it's the community that makes these events all the better. I am looking for a few things in particular:

!Mappers for the Ball!
If you have any experience in mapping or you're interested in drawing out extensive map ideas, please contact me directly at the /tg/ discord at @CitrusGender⁽ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵘʳˢᵉᶫᶠ ᵈᵘᵈᵉ⁾#0366. If you contribute, you'll get a fancy rank for the duration of the event and access to our mapping channel for planning. Please just note that we're on a bit of a timeline.

!CODERS for the Ball!
We don't exactly have any ongoing projects for coders but they're always welcome to join the events team. We've been throwing around some minigame ideas so if you'd be interested in coding them and helping us optimize the server: that'd be highly appreciated.

Dedicated admins during the ball
We need around 5 admins (sorry players) to only take ahelps and probably forgo spawning in during the ball. It's extremely chaotic, we had 100 ahelps last time during the last ball and about the same during the toolboxing event. It's safe to say that our admins are some of the most valuable assets during these events and having dedicated admins to cover the event are a godsend.

Security during the ball
If you're a player with a good note history, feel free to ask any of our admins to fit you out in security gear for the duration of the event. We'd appreciate people who maintain order during the ball and it helped a lot last time.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Winter Ball 2022: ARISEN FROM THE SNOWY GRAVE

Post by MrStonedOne » #630170

CitrusGender wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:58 pm
When will it be?
The ball is expected to be the 5th of March, 12:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM EST, 8 PM UTC, but this is tentative. We have a good team of mappers this year, so I hope to get this done early.
What day of the week is that?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #630173

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:48 pm
CitrusGender wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:58 pm
When will it be?
The ball is expected to be the 5th of March, 12:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM EST, 8 PM UTC, but this is tentative. We have a good team of mappers this year, so I hope to get this done early.
What day of the week is that?
that would depend on your timezone.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #631926

yeah might be better to do it on Sunday lmao.

damn i fucked up the time
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #631931

Question, can I be dressed like security?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #631932

You get chameleon kits, so ya
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #631934

Mothblocks wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:09 am You get chameleon kits, so ya
my dream is furfilled, all I need now is a emp bomb.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #632655

what a time to be alive

event get

thanks mothblocks this couldn't have been done without you
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #632657

:)
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<