CALL IT WE CANT FIX DAMAGE

when antags didn't do anything yet:

CALL IT IM BORED (to antag roll) 😳
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Re: lrp shuttle call conflicts

Post by massa » #633997

worst is xenos

at least try to organize and fight them, calling them immediately is so lame. full no xeno infestations and xeno wars (that the shuttle still gets called quick enough on, just not without a fight i wish) are the most fun shit in the game 100% and open up so much shit like ERT and deathsquads

"(insert antag here)" is not a reason to leave the game. we are playing the game for the antags, why end it the instant they are identified?
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #634023

Maybe I don't come to the LRP server to do roleplay for an hour and a half while the 3 thieves sit on their hoard. If the station hasn't had any major threats after an hour I don't see the harm in asking for a shuttle vote.
Image Image
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #634032

there are some situations that warrant a shuttle call as soon as they happen, as long as it's understood that the shuttle is recalled if the problem is solved and enough time is allowed. sometimes it just pisses me off, though.
>cult discovered
>not even at eyes yet
>CALL THE SHUTTLE OR WE COULD IN THEORY LOSE
this is fucking stupid and i hate it. it's one of the only situations crew regularly aims to redtext the antagonist in the most out of character way possible.

nukies, xenos, and revs all deserve a minimum of green alert shuttle calls, though.
at the end of the average nukie/rev round, the station is fucked up and nobody's in a position to call the shuttle. it's been bombed multiple times, the heads of staff are dead, dying, or hiding, etc. and the AI is generally dead or subverted.
also fighting xenos is absolute cancer, because they have all the resilience of a cult with even more bullshit stacked on top.
Timberpoes wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: ↑Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: ↑Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: ↑I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #634035

You just shouldn’t be able to call it unless a certain amount of time has passed (e.g. 90 minutes), or certain special requirements are met (e.g. war ops, but only after 20 minutes), or a certain death/braindeath/catatonia rate has been reached among crew.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634039

datorangebottle wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:43 am there are some situations that warrant a shuttle call as soon as they happen, as long as it's understood that the shuttle is recalled if the problem is solved and enough time is allowed. sometimes it just pisses me off, though.
>cult discovered
>not even at eyes yet
>CALL THE SHUTTLE OR WE COULD IN THEORY LOSE
You should immediately call the shuttle to force them to use the item that lets them delay the shuttle instead of a better item from the same thing
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #634042

Pandarsenic wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 am You should immediately call the shuttle to force them to use the item that lets them delay the shuttle instead of a better item from the same thing
Here's the thing: that's fucking boring.
Timberpoes wrote: ↑Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: ↑Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: ↑Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: ↑Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: ↑Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: ↑I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #634047

ahelp and ask an admin to centcomm recall it if it was a reallllll shitty call where things were just getting good
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Googles_Hands
Byond Username: Googles_Hands

Post by Googles_Hands » #634053

Admins should in general recall more often if they feel the round would benefit from going on a little longer.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #634059

Staying is as much a decision as leaving if you want to knuckle down to fight/build even if the shuttle called, or want a personal 'out' of a awkward gameplay loop the round will just end unsatisfactorily. Making the ship loop round and round until a crisis is over so everyone who doesn't want to join in can take leave by letting them log-out and return to lobby in their shuttle-seats would really help ease gamemode abruptness.

Big gripe, been around since forever, a perpetual bane to servers who have any sort of equatable mechanic.

Spoiler:
Alphanerdd
Byond Username: Alphanerdd

Post by Alphanerdd » #634062

Googles_Hands wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:41 pm Admins should in general recall more often if they feel the round would benefit from going on a little longer.
Idk I've been in rounds where the entire station wanted to leave but admins kept recalling the shuttle every time.

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, but if it does admins should provide a clear reason (in character as centcom).
semi-regular sybil/terry/manuel background character Josh Hawkins
loathed and hated mime Translucency
professional bad take haver
massa

Post by massa » #634072

PKPenguin321 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 am ahelp and ask an admin to centcomm recall it if it was a reallllll shitty call where things were just getting good
literally every single time someone identifies a cult, wizard, or xenos, the shuttle gets called within 30 seconds for the reason: "cult" "wiz" or "xenos". any time a xeno infestation rolls the shuttle arrives basically by the time the queen is big or the first babies are about to be born

We can't ahelp it because it happens every round some of these appear. You guys need actual policy that states 'x antag' is not a reason to call without extensive damage or crew vote or something. "Heretics" are often a reason for a shuttle call, who never do anything. the only acceptable one is "nukies"
Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #634090

the only good reasons for calling the shuttle are if theres a threat command doesnt think the station can take (in which case green alert it unless you're 100% sure the threat is going to annihlate everyone with no chances of survival) or if the station is broken beyond repair (most of the crew is dead, half the station is destroyed, etc)
resident european on basil
β–Ί Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #634158

massa wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:14 pmWe can't ahelp it
Sure you can, I give you permission to. Tell em PKPenguin321 sent you
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
massa

Post by massa » #634161

PKPenguin321 wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:41 pm
massa wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:14 pmWe can't ahelp it
Sure you can, I give you permission to. Tell em PKPenguin321 sent you
i will unironically, thank you
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #634213

My understanding as a maintainer is that the players decide when the shuttle gets called and the round ends.

My understanding as an admin is that it's the admin team's job to make sure this freedom to call for any reason and at any time isn't being abused to ruin antag rounds, antag roll, stubbed toe call, 100% valid kill speedrun gg go next, etc.

REALLY lame shuttle calls may fall under Rule 12 when done to speedrun the shift ending at the expense of a majority of the other players. Rule 1 always exists in the background to deal with lame shuttle calls too if Rule 12 doesn't apply.

Speaking individually, I fully suppot admins handling lame shuttle calls either OOCly (if really bad, for example to antag roll) or ICly (if you want the round to play out a bit longer or if the shuttle was called the second an antag type was spotted and you want to give them more of a chance to actually play their antags) at their own discretion.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634219

Realistically, I have 2 problems with sending back very early shuttle calls

One, which honestly we're MUCH better about these days, is that nobody tries to fix shit, even when it's only light damage.
Two, which we're much worse about, is that we never have any fucking security... but with it being so much harder to break into places and stunstation13 being nerfed, it's much harder for tiders, heads of staff, and other miscellaneous militia spacefolks to gear up for a fight and put up real resistance if security is absent or the first ones dead.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #634276

datorangebottle wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:10 am
Pandarsenic wrote: ↑Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 am You should immediately call the shuttle to force them to use the item that lets them delay the shuttle instead of a better item from the same thing
Here's the thing: that's fucking boring.
AliasTakuto wrote: ↑Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #634289

Pandarsenic wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:34 am One, which honestly we're MUCH better about these days, is that nobody tries to fix shit, even when it's only light damage.
I can't count the number of times I've gone to the effort to fix a breach or atmos only for it to be called anyway or not recalled once it's clear it's being worked on. Sometimes these things can take 20 minutes, and the crew would rather end the round than wait that long (even when the station is still functional and it wouldn't kill them to do so).
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #634292

There needs to be a better way to handle fights over the shuttle
Comm console tennis, where it goes back and forth has been a long problem in SS13.
Here's an idea for a solution.
In a 10 minute block, if the shuttle has been called, recalled, then called again, the ID authentication console (that are swiped on for red alert alarm level) enter a standby mode.
If a majority of them are green, the shuttle will continue to arrive and cannot be recalled.
If a majority of them are red, the shuttle can be recalled.
Any head can swipe them, left click makes it green, right click makes it red.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #634293

cacogen wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:44 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: ↑Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:34 am One, which honestly we're MUCH better about these days, is that nobody tries to fix shit, even when it's only light damage.
I can't count the number of times I've gone to the effort to fix a breach or atmos only for it to be called anyway or not recalled once it's clear it's being worked on. Sometimes these things can take 20 minutes, and the crew would rather end the round than wait that long (even when the station is still functional and it wouldn't kill them to do so).
I don't really get why people do that. With the blueprints or whatever, it's easier than ever to actually figure out where everything was supposed to be and get it back in shape.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #634304

it's best to call it early with major threats because you can't guarantee that there will be someone alive to call the shuttle. it also puts the antags on the offensive which is the most important thing and is an extremely good thing. if people didn't call shuttles FNR then shuttle recalling shouldn't be a thing at all because antags will recall when half the station is dead
im gay (and also play the moth β€œbugger”)

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #634334

Add xeno, cult or traitor goals to "capture the station intact" and hand them the victory if the crew immediately panic and ditch the station without defeating them in any meaningful way

similar to hijack, if the only people still aboard the station when the shuttle docks at centcom are antags or braindead (or at least, all the heads of staff have abandoned the station or died) then the antags win

someone might get clever and think "aha but if we call the shuttle and don't get on it then we can fight what's left of the cult and stop them capturing the station" but then some lone dude sneaks onto the shuttle and wins a hijack

or maybe just have it trigger if the shuttle fucks off while the antags are still at full strength, like the wizard is still alive or whatever
jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Post by jortsandshirts » #635119

Can we force shuttle calls after three hours during lowpop because the round is being forced to march on with 80% of the living SSD. Painful to sit around while the round consists of nothing but one person hand delivering mail to unresponsive people/departments and two others trying to figure out robotics.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #636151

jortsandshirts wrote: ↑Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:31 pm Can we force shuttle calls after three hours during lowpop because the round is being forced to march on with 80% of the living SSD. Painful to sit around while the round consists of nothing but one person hand delivering mail to unresponsive people/departments and two others trying to figure out robotics.
is that the 45 angle ASSAULT RIFLE AS YOUR PFP? THAT SHIT WOULD SHOOT THROUGH THE BARREL AND FUCK IT UP!
Living God

Extraordinary Person