Your favourite circuits

General SS13 Chat
PKSonikal
Byond Username: PK_Sonikal

Your favourite circuits

Post by PKSonikal » #636738

Share your favorite integrated circuits you managed to come up with while messing around in science! Be sure to tell what it's supposed to do, what it actually does and a picture of the circuit itself.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Your favourite circuits

Post by datorangebottle » #636767

Seeing this thread inspired me, so I made up one of my favorite circuit ideas on a private test server(so i'd have time to fuck with things and make it more obnoxious).
I call it the 'Torture Taxi'. Sticking this BCI into someone's head is definitely a war crime.
So, this is a BCI shell with an MMI circuit installed. I love the concept of a passenger circuit, where you can hold other peoples' brains(or posibrains) inside your head. Unfortunately for you, this is a device designed to allow the MMI to torment the user. Here's the tutorial that the MMI has access to, for brief explanation.
Click to add a really ugly overlay to the next thing they click. Speak to set VOX sounds for your user. Right click to play VOX sounds for your user. Walk upwards to play this tutorial again. The user receives all messages you do, including this one.
Each of these functions has MMI(and thus user) feedback. Including the tutorial. Yes, you can spam your user with your own tutorial.
I'll put the in-depth explanation in a spoiler for convenience.
► Show Spoiler
To coders: please add a circuit that allows an MMI and/or user to send an internal message to the circuit, so they can invisibly control said device using text input. Wouldn't mind it being BCI exclusive if it's meant to be user controlled, but an MMI in a drone or remote or whatever should be able to send digital messages to the device.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Re: Your favourite circuits

Post by CandyClown » #640570

Here's mine. It's a psychic link device, used to transmit and receive messages using BCIs. It also shows who sent the message.

This particular circuit is a module so it can be easily cloned, as you'll obviously want all your friends to have their own BCI psylink. Once you clone the module and put it in its own BCI, all you need to do is remove the default BCI action component—as it's already included in the module—and hook up each input and output to its respective slot on the BCI core.

There's definitely room for improvement. One idea I have is to add a way to change the NTNet channel with a BCI action and thought listener. That way you can easily set which channel you would like to broadcast on.
Attachments
Psylink Module.png