Is atmos meant to filter out non-atmos brains?

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Is atmos meant to filter out non-atmos brains?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639852

It's not very easy to pick up compared to all other systems and jobs in the game

Still waiting on that video so I can monkey see monkey do someone elses setup.
► Show Spoiler
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Is atmos meant to filter out non-atmos brains?

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639864

It simple you just uhh the uhh...

And a pipenet is like a container, and a valve connects those containers together when they open its not uhhhh... not like each pipe holds a separate amount of gas and uhhh, and the valve splits it in two when it's closed again,

Pumps on the other hand, they don't uh, ya know, "merge" the pipenets, the just uh, move gas from one to another. And silicons can't even activate manual valves which means they can't plasmaflood unless there is an engiborg to change the pipes maybe

and gasses react when they are in the same room and its hot or cold enough or uh whatever.

And plasma reacts with o2 and sets on fire where its gets hot, and when it burns it makes trit which you can scrubb with scubbers if you use the air alarm. Also, the air alarms are vital to fixing atmos if it gets too cold, cause ya know, uh cold space god I hate it cause of all this firelock bullshit (but you could still have it on icebox if we removed cold space). Scrubbers can't scrub based on temp (stupid), only gas type.

And TRIT that shit is on fire or somthing, and maybe you can make a bomb with it but not hydrogen even though the both burn alot so I don't really get why I can't make a hydrogen bomb that would be dope as hell.

Something something, increases supermatter power production based on gas, use trit to do this but it might blow up? (I don't really know how the supermatter works, every time I experiment with it someone yells at me)

Pressure hurts, cold hurts, burning fire death hurts. Fill a flamethrower with trit and go apeshit and burn people (Fun)

space tiles delete gas, and cool down the gas pipes that go over it (BUT ONLY SPECIAL PIPES) You can use that to make stuff cold which is good for things like fitting more gas into one place (Cold gas takes up less space than hot gas)

If space no longer made air cold, I would be very happy I think. and with the turbine I'm pretty sure you just want to have gas that expands quick and im not really sure how that works but normally you can just set it on fire and that's cool I think

And uhh, maybe trying to turn a atmospheric simulation into a roleplaying game was a bad terrible no good fun idea
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #639894

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:13 pm And TRIT that shit is on fire or somthing, and maybe you can make a bomb with it but not hydrogen even though the both burn alot so I don't really get why I can't make a hydrogen bomb that would be dope as hell.
What makes you think this? Using hydrogen instead of tritium will give similar results.
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #639895

There's a lot of nuances in how atmospherics works that the wiki doesn't tell very well. There are a few in game guides now, so the direction of atmospherics is definitely not to filter out people.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #639909

Turbonerd wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:31 am
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:13 pm And TRIT that shit is on fire or somthing, and maybe you can make a bomb with it but not hydrogen even though the both burn alot so I don't really get why I can't make a hydrogen bomb that would be dope as hell.
What makes you think this? Using hydrogen instead of tritium will give similar results.
Oh, dope
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #639919

We're just horrible at teaching it, cause everyone trying to is an atmos main
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #639932

its an entirely 100% optional system nobody needs to know; it doesn't need to be easy to pick up, and mastering it feels very satisfying (i havent mastered it i just know how to work it for the basics and i still got my dopamine hit)
there is no need to dumb it down, it is definitely learnable, you will just take longer learning it than learning other systems
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]