Roundtable 3/20 6pm EST

General SS13 Chat
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Roundtable 3/20 6pm EST

Post by Timbrewolf » #76519

Some recent happenings behind the curtain require explaining to everyone.

There's a lot of stuff that isn't quite a 100% set in stone right now, but we'll know for sure by then.

mumble address: tgstation13.org

For people wondering why the delay? When you're already hearing lots of crazy stuff?

I want to be sure that the stuff I'll be explaining is actually happening for real before announcing anything as official. I'd like to give all the interested parties a day to cool off and rethink things. I don't want a major paradigm shift like this to be the result of some hasty decisions in the middle of an argument.

If everyone is sure that this is really what they want, we'll have some stuff to talk about tomorrow evening. If not, I'll be glad I waited to announce anything.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Roundtable 3/20 6pm EST

Post by Jeb » #76520

first

-but really though, why not like, saturday..when I'm home :(
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #76522

Jeb wrote:first
Really, Jeb?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #76523

Saegrimr wrote:
Jeb wrote:first
Really, Jeb?
I WAS SAVIN IT FER LATER, GOSH
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #76524

Oh snap, a roundtable i might actually be able to attend.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #76529

Be there and be square.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #76535

Why are so many roundtables launched with such little forewarning?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #76536

My gut feeling is because they're often brought on by necessity and not planning.

Whatever this is I hope it's not Huge Drama™ that ruins shit for people.

Video Games.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #76538

Really wish this could be pushed back to saturday. Would be nice to attend, but it's like right before the one class I have that day.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #76539

Or you could just detail it on the forums rather than keeping it all in IRC or teamspeak where there are no logs. Hell Singulo is more in the know than most right now.

SoS did something. HG quit.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #76543

The short notice is because it's a bit of an emergency. There will be recordings.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76552

Welp seeing as nobody feels like stating what actually happened, ill just repost what was said in the Singulo thread. Dont blame me if its wrong.

Sticky is a roundstart traitor. He decides to become captain, gets the spare id and even implants himself.
Real captain latejoins and eventually some evidence is found that suggests Sticky is a traitor.
Much fighting later, Sticky kills SoS who is playing Sec.
SoS makes an announcement via centcomm revealing Sticky as a traitor.
Crew lynches and kills Sticky.

http://www.singulo.io/tg/src/1426800148620.png

No idea how this links to HornyGranny quitting. It might be completely unrelated. The admins will probably never say anything outside of teamspeak so any information we get tomorrow will just be Chinese whispers from secondary sources.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #76556

This is all hearsay (That's what happens when there's no proper communication) but from what I heard SoS stepped down as Host leaving Anon as the host, and that Anon has stated that he has/will put his foot down and not update the server with changes that the playerbase dislikes, and will even revert the server to pre-goonchem code.

Again, take this with a pinch of salt.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #76557

We are talking "potentially changing the face of the server forever" shit here, folks. You're gonna want to be here for this one.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #76562

I still think that with something this big, the roundtable should be held on a weekend when the most amount of people would be free. But if it's that urgent that it can't be pushed back 1 day, then it's fine.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76573

Steelpoint wrote:This is all hearsay (That's what happens when there's no proper communication) but from what I heard SoS stepped down as Host leaving Anon as the host, and that Anon has stated that he has/will put his foot down and not update the server with changes that the playerbase dislikes, and will even revert the server to pre-goonchem code.

Again, take this with a pinch of salt.
That's a lot of words you're cramming in my mouth. I asked if I would have the ability to do something if I felt that it was necessary. My willingness to use that, the situation we would have to be in where I felt it was necessary to do that, etc. are whole other matters.

I might not like every change that gets made from the standpoint of an admin or a player, but I still have a lot of respect for the people who do that work even if I don't always like the work they do. I respect them way too much to just crash through the front wall of their living room in my DeLorean and demand we go BACK TO THE FUTURE.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #76574

As I clearly said, I'm going off hearsay.

If there was more communication about what's going on then all this speculation would not be needed.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #76575

Can't we just get a sticky laying out all the details of what's going on, whether we have the round table or not?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76580

I'll update the OP with the reasoning for the delay.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76585

Not asking for the resolution. Just for the details on what caused the discussion to be needed in the first place.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #76588

Alex Crimson wrote:Welp seeing as nobody feels like stating what actually happened, ill just repost what was said in the Singulo thread. Dont blame me if its wrong.

Sticky is a roundstart traitor. He decides to become captain, gets the spare id and even implants himself.
Real captain latejoins and eventually some evidence is found that suggests Sticky is a traitor.
Much fighting later, Sticky kills SoS who is playing Sec.
SoS makes an announcement via centcomm revealing Sticky as a traitor.
Crew lynches and kills Sticky.

http://www.singulo.io/tg/src/1426800148620.png

No idea how this links to HornyGranny quitting. It might be completely unrelated. The admins will probably never say anything outside of teamspeak so any information we get tomorrow will just be Chinese whispers from secondary sources.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76633

Singulo is also full of a few blatant lies.

In real summary, everything is fine. Things may or may not be changing, but from a regular player perspective nothing will change. The headmin election may be moved to be earlier, that's about it.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #76640

this is in big text because nobody seems to notice
What the fuck happened to cause this roundtable?

we don't all play/shitpost on singulo 24/7
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Falafox
Byond Username: Falafox

Post by Falafox » #76642

Miauw wrote:this is in big text because nobody seems to notice
What the fuck happened to cause this roundtable?

we don't all play/shitpost on singulo 24/7
It's not hard to read the thread, champ
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #76643

Stickymayhem (administrator, now headmin?), as Jack Steiner (antagonist Assistant-turned-Captain), kills Scaredofshadows (ex?-host), as Pushes-and-Shoves (Security Officer).
Scaredofshadows, when the escape shuttle docks, makes a Central Command announcement announcing that there is a Syndicate agent with a loyalty implant. Jack Steiner is killed on the escape shuttle.
Stickymayhem comments about this in OOC.

-From hereon, this is all hearsay from singulo.io. Take it with a shaker of salt.-

In the admin's secret hideout, Scaredofshadows allegedly says he will bar Stickymayhem from running for headmin.
QuartzCrystal dislikes this, and allegedly threatens to release the logs claiming to prove the previous headmin election was rigged.
Hornygranny quits when he hears this.
When Scaredofshadows hears this, he too quits, and makes An0n3 host.
Hornygranny is invited back.

I'm not sure of the truthfulness of that last paragraph, so if when any of it is wrong, feel free to correct me.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76644

The roundtable will explain all.
TheNightingale wrote:In the admin's secret hideout, Scaredofshadows allegedly says he will bar Stickymayhem from running for headmin.
QuartzCrystal dislikes this, and allegedly threatens to release the logs claiming to prove the previous headmin election was rigged.
Hornygranny quits when he hears this.
When Scaredofshadows hears this, he too quits, and makes An0n3 host.
This is blatantly false and it's ridiculous anyone would claim this.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76648

Yeah i thought the rigged election stuff was a joke. Not that im just going to takes Quartzcrystals word for it because he is the most likely to deny it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76649

All these conspiracy theories holy shit.

https://soundcloud.com/majorleaguewobs/ ... trap-remix

#thetruthisoutthere
#illumaniti-one-shottie
#aliensdid911
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76652

Yeah, I was the one who posted about the election being rigged, me and Sticky being headmins now, etc. If you notice I posted in the singulo thread again using my "OOC has been muted" alias. I didn't think anyone would take me seriously, I didn't mean for it to enter the official canon.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #76653

This could have all been avoided with public logs.

Honestly, I think your all a bunch of liars and I don't believe a word of what anyone has said about whats really going on in le sekreit admin club.

Rigging an election sounds right up SoSs alley, but its too much of a stretch to say it happened without hard evidence to back it up.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76656

I made that post because basically only Sticky and I found it funny. Never take anything you read on singulo as fact, or even possible fact, ever. Especially when it's posted by me. Holy crap you guys, lighten up. Roundtable will answer everyone's questions, as it has been said already a billion times.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76658

But SoS has the authority to just say "I pick these three people as the headmins end of story".

Why even bother holding a fake election? These conspiracies don't even make any sense any more. I remember the good ol' days when people actually made up shit that sounded believable.

It's like you think we would waste all this time pretending all this shit and putting on a production just to toy with your feelings. We have jobs and lives and shit to do outside of this. We don't get paid, lots of us actually put money INTO this thing so you can play here. You're not that special. You're not worth duping.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76660

An0n3 wrote:But SoS has the authority to just say "I pick these three people as the headmins end of story".

Why even bother holding a fake election? These conspiracies don't even make any sense any more. I remember the good ol' days when people actually made up shit that sounded believable.

It's like you think we would waste all this time pretending all this shit and putting on a production just to toy with your feelings. We have jobs and lives and shit to do outside of this. We don't get paid, lots of us actually put money INTO this thing so you can play here. You're not that special. You're not worth duping.
Less backlash if you pretend to do it legit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #76662

I'm just reposting what was said on singulo, which is hardly the most reliable of sources. Naturally, most of it was fabricated.

Would anyone care to transcribe and post the roundtable logs after it finishes?
An0n3 wrote:You're not that special. You're not worth duping.
:sad: You wound us.
Last edited by TheNightingale on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #76664

Singulo is reserved exclusively for shitposting and rumors, but since I haven't seen any actual evidence one way or another so said shitposting and rumors are all we have. Instead of trying to make a roundtable so 1/5 of the server can actually be there to hear it, why not just post logs of what happened and explain what will happen next.

I'm not getting worked up about this or getting dramatic, I'm just saying that if you just spat it out and showed everyone exactly what happened instead of discussing things in the secret clubhouse, there would be no rumors. We're a game about 2d clowns in space, we don't need press conferences. By hiding in NO PLEBS ALLOWED club, you only enable these rumors.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76666

Loonikus wrote:Singulo is reserved exclusively for shitposting and rumors, but since I haven't seen any actual evidence one way or another so said shitposting and rumors are all we have. Instead of trying to make a roundtable so 1/5 of the server can actually be there to hear it, why not just post logs of what happened and explain what will happen next.

I'm not getting worked up about this or getting dramatic, I'm just saying that if you just spat it out and showed everyone exactly what happened instead of discussing things in the secret clubhouse, there would be no rumors. We're a game about 2d clowns in space, we don't need press conferences. By hiding in NO PLEBS ALLOWED club, you only enable these rumors.
Because what happened is still happening. And logs are all over the place. Just screaming "PUBLIC LOGS!" isn't some magic. Even just taking the most bare understanding that most people have hashed out already we would need to be providing logs from multiple private IRC conversations, adminbus logs, IG logs, hell maybe even Steam chats. Come on, just hold on and we'll give you all an update once everything is set in stone.

EDIT: Plus as I said, this wont change anything for regular players who just want to play. /tg/-station isn't going anywhere.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76682

You are missing the point. We are not asking for the outcome. We are asking for information on the events that have lead up to this point. Couldnt care less about anon taking up hosting(or not).
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #76687

Loonikus wrote:I haven't seen any actual evidence one way or another so said shitposting and rumors are all we have
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
OliveOil
Byond Username: VirginiaXl

Post by OliveOil » #76689

I just think it'd be more simple to release the logs and just tell us what happened. Guess the drama too juicy huh :honk:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #76699

So: heres a note: sticky only has a license for 28 or so people on his teamspeak unless that's changed.

My mumble can host a hell of a lot more. At the current quality settings, 128 people before it would cut in to the traffic the web server needs, but around 200 or so before it would actually need to be changed. I doubt we'll need all of that.

I'll post the address here: tgstation13.org no port (hey, thats an easy address to remember)

It was down from when i had to do some maintenance. I just brought it back up, feel free to overflow in to it when (not if) the teamspeak gets full.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76703

^Probably a better idea. Will update OP to include mumble.
Alex Crimson wrote:You are missing the point. We are not asking for the outcome. We are asking for information on the events that have lead up to this point. Couldnt care less about anon taking up hosting(or not).
>word-for-word people arguing is more important than major changes in authority

This is exactly why we don't give you guys this stuff. You ever have a dog, and you point your finger at something, and instead of looking where you're pointing it just focuses in on your hand and stares?
That is how slow you are.

Cause is important, and we'll explain what lead up to this and why, but we're not in the business of producing material for you to jerk your hateboners over. If that's all that matters to you kindly fuck off.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76710

People are allowed to also refrain from sharing privates logs guys. Come on.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76727

An0n3 wrote:^Probably a better idea. Will update OP to include mumble.
Alex Crimson wrote:You are missing the point. We are not asking for the outcome. We are asking for information on the events that have lead up to this point. Couldnt care less about anon taking up hosting(or not).
>word-for-word people arguing is more important than major changes in authority

This is exactly why we don't give you guys this stuff. You ever have a dog, and you point your finger at something, and instead of looking where you're pointing it just focuses in on your hand and stares?
That is how slow you are.

Cause is important, and we'll explain what lead up to this and why, but we're not in the business of producing material for you to jerk your hateboners over. If that's all that matters to you kindly fuck off.
No, you would rather "jerk" yourselves to all the rumors and misinformation being spread around then get mad when people say something that isnt true. Rather than simply telling people whats going on, you instead set up this silly roundtable and prepare like its a fucking presidential election or something. Its a game. Its not a big deal. Just tell people what happened.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #76730

THAT'S THE FUCKING THING ISNT IT

I told you like three times already I was giving everyone involved 24 hours to think about it before announcing anything.

It's not to bait you, it's not to get in your head, it's not part of a coverup.

This is the final "are you really sure about this?" minutes. The last chance for someone to say "you know what I was being really silly let's not do that".

You're like...staring at a cake in the oven that isn't even done yet and bitching that you can't eat it. STOP KEEPING THE CAKE FROM ME I WANT TO EAT IT I DONT CARE WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HITLER.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #76731

I dont mind waiting to eat the cake, i understand it takes time to prepare it. Im just asking for the fucking recipe.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #76732

Why does it even matter? There is literally no reason why anyone outside of those immediately involved need to know. Hell, it's arguable that I need to know.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #76733

>mumble

guess ill download it for this one thing then

i guess
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #76735

Frankly I'm just here for the companionship
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #76738

If I setup a ts3 server with enough slots can we use that because mumble a shit?

lol
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #76739

Mumble is better than teamspeak, objectively and technically