(Question) Is the new Nuke Ops base unfinished?

General SS13 Chat
ForestGaming
Byond Username: Tuffel

(Question) Is the new Nuke Ops base unfinished?

Post by ForestGaming » #640161

Is the new Nuke Ops base unfinished? there are a few unbreakable bolted doors and a shutters button that doesn't work. Is there going to be more? The names of those doors make it seem like there'll be some interesting stuff in the future for this syndicate base too.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: (Question) Is the new Nuke Ops base unfinished?

Post by Mothblocks » #640169

Don't you have to buy access to it? I forget
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #640171

You need to buy a keycard to get access to certain things like toxins, virology and chemistry
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640180

Most of those places are for MUH IMMERSION - if you look while ghosted, these places often don't actually lead anywhere. The ones that do, like Sticky said, are the labs that you need to buy the passcard off the Nuke Ops uplink to get into.

Anything you can't see through probably only exists to give the impression that there's a "rest of the syndicate base."
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #640243

You should be able to go outside of the syndicate base and go logging for wood to place in the fireplace, and then you can get cosy around it and drink hot chocolate and forget the pointless conflict with the station. But to do this, the indestructible walls would need to be replaced with walls that create the illusion of a barren, snowy landscape forever beyond. You could also just add invisible walls to stop the player getting near enough to see them but that's uninspired.

My point is that having the nuke ops suck their thumbs on the nukie base while one of them who happens to know toxins or virology creates an infinite death mix is boring for both the other nuke ops and the station itself and whoever thought of this should be taken out behind the woodshed and made to carry the lumber into the woodshed to prevent it from becoming unusable
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #640315

Back in my day you had to shoot the doors off using the Sniper-Rifle ammunition.

Spoiler:
ForestGaming
Byond Username: Tuffel

Post by ForestGaming » #640338

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:28 pm Most of those places are for MUH IMMERSION - if you look while ghosted, these places often don't actually lead anywhere. The ones that do, like Sticky said, are the labs that you need to buy the passcard off the Nuke Ops uplink to get into.

Anything you can't see through probably only exists to give the impression that there's a "rest of the syndicate base."
I know about those, i'm talking about the underground cargo lift and the underground experimentation labs, as those seem real interesting if they're not just for immersion or something.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #640349

They might lead somewhere someday, but not now, if they're the ones I'm thinking of.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #640351

Should make the elevator shutters breakable and have the shaft be a pit.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #641488

I think the idea of the nuke op base being anything other than a jumping-off point at roundstart is silly, if you want them to do evil mad science make a landing pad at the lavaland base and let them buy the coords to that from the uplink
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕