General SS13 Chat
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: The game has become too complex

Post by oranges » #651428

Bottom post of the previous page:

Timonk wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:58 am i lost a stun duel to an esword the other day, felt like shit
I will fix this straight away sir
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651433

Thanks for the hotfix oranges, but as a long time player (3yrs+) i expect a quicker reaction time from my servants.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #651461

I'm not so sure a 5% chance to just get clapped by a lucky stun punch IS bad. This isn't a competitive game. It's about making stories and suffering Unexpected Bullshit. If you get unexpectedly destroyed, have a laugh about it in deadchat and join the next round in like 60 minutes.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651487

I would love to see more depth added to combat, and I think randomness can be used as a good catalyst to depth.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #651568

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:04 am I'm not so sure a 5% chance to just get clapped by a lucky stun punch IS bad. This isn't a competitive game. It's about making stories and suffering Unexpected Bullshit. If you get unexpectedly destroyed, have a laugh about it in deadchat and join the next round in like 60 minutes.
It isn't bad and disarm shoving someone 100 times in a row was pretty damn funny lol

Anyone who thinks ss13 is at all skill based and not preparation based is kidding themselves
retired ss13 coderman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #651570

You can still stun shove people it just requires more thought and positioning what'st he big deal?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #651574

PKPenguin321 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:33 pm
Mothblocks wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:31 pm we still have knock down punches, but they drop you instead of hard stun. one shove will hard stun
Ah so it was effectively removed then, since people on the ground can still attack with their fists perfectly fine
I'm pretty sure you, as in literally you, made it nearly statistically impossible to punch someone at a certain health threshold, so someone getting curb stomped simply can't fight back with their fists unless the person being attacked has roughly equivalent amounts of damage. The only reliable way to hit someone at that point is a kick, which someone on the floor probably isn't doing and someone who is standing, putting your head to the pavement, probably is.

Edit: Oh also kicks, because they're more likely to cause a knockdown due to multiplying the punch damage imflicted, will continue to cause knockdowns because there isn't actually a standing check on punch knockdowns.

So basically this.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #651576

Good use of a jojo reference...and pkpenguin unintentionally created his own design criticism. 1984...
► Show Spoiler
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #651631

oranges wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:42 am You can still stun shove people it just requires more thought and positioning what'st he big deal?
Funnier when it was rng based imo as scuffles became more like a real life scuffle where everyones just fuckin shoving people down and scrambling for weapons it's not like we're trained killers.

The stunlocks now are consistent and become way too long too which is pretty annoying.
retired ss13 coderman
Kitfox
Byond Username: Kitfox88

Post by Kitfox » #651701

stunlocks are poop
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #651920

NecromancerAnne wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:26 am
PKPenguin321 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:33 pm
Mothblocks wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:31 pm we still have knock down punches, but they drop you instead of hard stun. one shove will hard stun
Ah so it was effectively removed then, since people on the ground can still attack with their fists perfectly fine
I'm pretty sure you, as in literally you, made it nearly statistically impossible to punch someone at a certain health threshold, so someone getting curb stomped simply can't fight back with their fists unless the person being attacked has roughly equivalent amounts of damage. The only reliable way to hit someone at that point is a kick, which someone on the floor probably isn't doing and someone who is standing, putting your head to the pavement, probably is.

Edit: Oh also kicks, because they're more likely to cause a knockdown due to multiplying the punch damage imflicted, will continue to cause knockdowns because there isn't actually a standing check on punch knockdowns.

So basically this.
Right, but I'm referring to stun punches not actually stunning. You've got shittier accuracy if you're hurt but before you couldn't attack at all from the ground, and now you can.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #652222

PKP, you should really be more upfront with your arguments being about stuns no longer dominating the game space anymore.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #652259

The only world where we go back to instant death stuns is one where death doesnt take a doctor 5 minutes to fix and cloning is once again a thing. We removed cloning because death was no longer free so revival couldnt be free too. Its either both or neither, and I doubt maintainers will budge on either.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #652369

Hot take having death and life both be cheap was based EXCEPT you shouldn't be able to scan a live body and then clone whenever they die
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #652445

Pandarsenic wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:00 am Hot take having death and life both be cheap was based EXCEPT you shouldn't be able to scan a live body and then clone whenever they die
big agree
retired ss13 coderman