Interactions you didn't expect

General SS13 Chat
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Re: Interactions you didn't expect

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #651145

Bottom post of the previous page:

Dopamiin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:43 am It's the process of entering a glass table's tile (climbing, being shoved or thrown, etc) that results in the shatter, not simply existing on the same tile. This means that if you complete the construction of a glass table while occupying the same tile, you can lie on - or even stand on - a glass table perfectly safely. Bonus points if you use this like I have to convince other people that climbing on the tables is safe and then laugh as they proceed to table themselves.
blackdav123 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:09 pm Abandoned Crates, those seemingly useless exploding noob traps, can be whacked with a multitool to do a puzzle and solve for the code. The puzzle is decently hard but definitely doable and worth it for the sweet loots inside. Most of the loot rolls are just toys and other fun items, but there are a few super rare items you can roll such as an xray mutation injector and a bananium esword.
Hey did you know if you turn on combat mode and click on someone they take damage? Mindblowing.
Kitfox
Byond Username: Kitfox88

Post by Kitfox » #651150

Don't be rude, I'm a dumbass new player and wasn't aware of either of those.
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #651156

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:55 am
Dopamiin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:43 am It's the process of entering a glass table's tile (climbing, being shoved or thrown, etc) that results in the shatter, not simply existing on the same tile. This means that if you complete the construction of a glass table while occupying the same tile, you can lie on - or even stand on - a glass table perfectly safely. Bonus points if you use this like I have to convince other people that climbing on the tables is safe and then laugh as they proceed to table themselves.
blackdav123 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:09 pm Abandoned Crates, those seemingly useless exploding noob traps, can be whacked with a multitool to do a puzzle and solve for the code. The puzzle is decently hard but definitely doable and worth it for the sweet loots inside. Most of the loot rolls are just toys and other fun items, but there are a few super rare items you can roll such as an xray mutation injector and a bananium esword.
Hey did you know if you turn on combat mode and click on someone they take damage? Mindblowing.
I didnt know about abandoned crates until this week :(
Weston Echard on Sybil
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

Post by tjatpbnj » #651158

You can also re lock them for a crate that can't be broken into without destroying the contents
look in the spanner box got no thing in there cant do go sailing in em
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651165

If you're fast enough you can escape being shoved onto a glass table without being stunned
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651166

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:55 am Hey did you know if you turn on combat mode and click on someone they take damage? Mindblowing.
Similarly, you can buffer actions by clicking on people just before entering the action range
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651167

Guys did you know you get an achievement by inspecting a meteor from 1 tile away (while not being a ghost, obviously)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #651607

I think during a shaft miner round when I was mining on lava land and wandering around I accidentally fired a plasma cutter at plasma and it exploded. Crazy stuff, but what was even worse is that a admin watched me do it
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #651617

Staues of objects with movement retain that movement. For example, the SMs glowing is retained.

You can make a pretty convincing SM statue using gold carving blocks.
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #651621

Epicgamer545 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:49 am I think during a shaft miner round when I was mining on lava land and wandering around I accidentally fired a plasma cutter at plasma and it exploded. Crazy stuff, but what was even worse is that a admin watched me do it
this is why i stick to dual wielding max cooldown pkas
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #651622

Kitfox wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:37 pm this is why i stick to dual wielding max cooldown pkas
plasma cutter good, pka bad
despite with the cons and possibility’s of death, it is the best tool compared to two pkas

when you run out of plasma though, your boned
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651623

If you try reading a burning piece of paper the text is scrambled
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #651700

Epicgamer545 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:52 pm plasma cutter good, pka bad
despite with the cons and possibility’s of death, it is the best tool compared to two pkas

when you run out of plasma though, your boned
otoh

pew pew pew pew pew
Timonk wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:29 pm If you try reading a burning piece of paper the text is scrambled
incredible
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #652624

Timonk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:28 pm Guys did you know you get an achievement by inspecting a meteor from 1 tile away (while not being a ghost, obviously)
Not from one tile away, just at all and it can't be admin spawned

If you mindswap a holoparasite you'll swap with its user instead
If you have no legs and ride a skateboard your sprite lowers onto it and you push yourself around with your hands
You can open a welder and access its fuel as a chem. If you put plasma in it it will explode when activated
You can throw sand at people and if their eyes aren't protected it'll make em all stumble-y and fuzzy-eyed and take stamina damage
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #652870

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:32 pm If you mindswap a holoparasite you'll swap with its user instead
If you have no legs and ride a skateboard your sprite lowers onto it and you push yourself around with your hands
You can open a welder and access its fuel as a chem. If you put plasma in it it will explode when activated
You can throw sand at people and if their eyes aren't protected it'll make em all stumble-y and fuzzy-eyed and take stamina damage
jesus I forgot how advanced ss13 really is
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #654523

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:32 pm
Timonk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:28 pm Guys did you know you get an achievement by inspecting a meteor from 1 tile away (while not being a ghost, obviously)
Not from one tile away, just at all and it can't be admin spawned

If you mindswap a holoparasite you'll swap with its user instead
I've been wondering, how much stamina damage does throwing sand into a spessman's eyes do?
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #654708

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:32 pm You can open a welder and access its fuel as a chem. If you put plasma in it it will explode when activated
What happens if you put other chemicals in it? Do they create different reactions?
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #654715

Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:23 pm
PKPenguin321 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:32 pm You can open a welder and access its fuel as a chem. If you put plasma in it it will explode when activated
What happens if you put other chemicals in it? Do they create different reactions?
IIRC according to the body of the PR that added this they just stop the welder from working until they are removed.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin

Post by Epicgamer545 » #654717

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:10 pm
Epicgamer545 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:23 pm
IIRC according to the body of the PR that added this they just stop the welder from working until they are removed.
sad
Epicgamer545
► Show Spoiler
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #654720

if an abductor gets a nightmare armblade, it will appear over all disguises. had to get that removed real fast once I realised
TypicalRig
Byond Username: TypicalRig

Post by TypicalRig » #654721

if an abductor gets a nightmare armblade, it will appear over all disguises. had to get that removed real fast once I realised
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #654725

Honestly would consider that a bug if it wouldn't show up
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: