Interactions you didn't expect

General SS13 Chat
Kitfox
Byond Username: Kitfox88

Interactions you didn't expect

Post by Kitfox » #647288

Chameleon Projector usage makes your claustrophobia kick in! Not fun to find out.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Interactions you didn't expect

Post by Shadowflame909 » #647290

the clown attempting to harm someone with a holographic weapon inflicts real self-damage to them. So using a holographic e-sword...
► Show Spoiler
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #647293

Dedication to the act, gotta admire it.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #647312

Those suit temperature regulators everyone hates are the only way to fully counter one of those really hot/cold fevers without taking damage.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #647333

Hulks can't wield the Dsword.
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #647338

Fedora hat bomb
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
stewydeadmike
Byond Username: Stewydeadmike

Post by stewydeadmike » #647341

omega weed joints exploding if you smoke them for too long
RandomlyEvil
Byond Username: RandomlyEvil

Post by RandomlyEvil » #647404

You cannot water/pot purge someone with Toxin in their system. Toxin+water turns into Plant-B-gone in their system instead.
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #647494

wouldn't you just need to convert all their toxin into plant-b-gone and THEN waterpot?
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #647577

Before impurities were removed, splashing someone with like 20u of low purity itching powder was enough to cause liver death.
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #647720

when i started playing again someone in one of the first games back had a plumbing system pumping insanely shitty purity space lube into a smoker and it destroyed my liver twice.
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #648481

Dispensing a treat into someone's hands as a medical cyborg counts as an attack for Pepper Shoulders. Sorry about that, Mime who was adjacent!
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #648520

Lava is hot. I know how fucking stupid that sounds, but I remember having to explain to admins that no I did not expect stuffing people into a shuttle and then sending it to land in lava would result in the walled in shuttle becoming an oven.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Tohg7.
Byond Username: Tohg7.

Post by Tohg7. » #649312

Being able to make Plastitanium shivs and spears. Also cigar/cigarettes dipped in welding fuel exploding when lit.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #649388

RD being able to supplex immovable rods.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #649418

You can squeeze hearts by using them in hand to make them start beating again.

Abductor Advanced Batons, on probe mode, will reveal if the target is a changeling.

If you are blind, and have Monophobia, you will always gain the worst effects of it.

Suiciding with a toy mech will make it stronger in future toy mech battles.

Xenomorphs are affected by chemicals like Pax.

People on low sanity are always vulnerable to hypnosis.

The energy dagger has a 100% chance to embed while active.

You can reskin the captain's fountain pen.

Cells rigged with plasma, while commonly used for batons, can work in anything that has a cell and consumes power. For example, you can rig a cyborg's cell, a MODsuit's cell, a chem dispenser's cell, or an EVA suit's cell.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #649428

mrmelbert wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:59 am Cells rigged with plasma, while commonly used for batons, can work in anything that has a cell and consumes power. For example, you can rig a cyborg's cell, a MODsuit's cell, a chem dispenser's cell, or an EVA suit's cell.
What is rigging?
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #649448

Kitfox wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:49 am
mrmelbert wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:59 am Cells rigged with plasma, while commonly used for batons, can work in anything that has a cell and consumes power. For example, you can rig a cyborg's cell, a MODsuit's cell, a chem dispenser's cell, or an EVA suit's cell.
What is rigging?
You can inject plasma into power cells using a syringe and it'll blow up when the item it is placed into turns on.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #649458

Preparing to make a bunch of plasma-filled cells and put them in a bluespace RPED to turn it into a Remote Explosion Device
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #649460

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:25 pm
Preparing to make a bunch of plasma-filled cells and put them in a bluespace RPED to turn it into a Remote Explosion Device
fun fact, lavaland syndicates used to do this with their comms console and BRPED in their base, leading to being able to explode basically any machine that took power while being practically untouchable. it was patched out, so BRPEDs with rigged cells explode the RPED itself now.

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #649461

And cells drained by a ninja are considered sabotaged. Saw a funny incident where a ninja accidentally blew themselves up trying to upgrade their power cell because they drained from it for a moment on accident and then when they put it in their suit the sabotage resulted in it exploding
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #649495

NoxVS wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:10 pm And cells drained by a ninja are considered sabotaged. Saw a funny incident where a ninja accidentally blew themselves up trying to upgrade their power cell because they drained from it for a moment on accident and then when they put it in their suit the sabotage resulted in it exploding
Absolutely top tier.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #649508

The warden's campaign cover has a setting that can be adjusted with a screwdriver. This can make every message you send yelled with a single exclamation mark or a double exclamation mark.
You can also wirecut them to get a canadian-inspired modifier, which will replace some american spellings of words with european or stereotyped canadian ones and commonly adds eh? to the end of your message.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... ement.json
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #649526

You can put a Boris module inside SSD Borgs, so if there's a SSD syndicate module the ai can control it.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master

Post by mrmelbert » #649546

Wearing a human skin suit will protect you from being gibbed by Ei Nath / Smite / Disintegrate once.

General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #649549

If ghosts are visible you can put C4 on them and you can have homing phantom missiles.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #649553

General Thrax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:16 am If ghosts are visible you can put C4 on them and you can have homing phantom missiles.
homing phantom missiles with free will who may target you instead! (Such a good idea. it should turn into a wizard funny hand ability.)
► Show Spoiler
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #649563

mrmelbert wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:13 am Wearing a human skin suit will protect you from being gibbed by Ei Nath / Smite / Disintegrate once.
Well that's horrifying!
Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:39 am
General Thrax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:16 am If ghosts are visible you can put C4 on them and you can have homing phantom missiles.
homing phantom missiles with free will who may target you instead! (Such a good idea. it should turn into a wizard funny hand ability.)
More dumbass wizard spells and shit, please.
iwishforducks
Byond Username: Iwishforducks

Post by iwishforducks » #650134

i used this trick when a wizard had killed half the station and turned on ghosts. needless to say the wizard ended up Dead
im gay (and also play the moth “bugger”)

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #650223

You can insert pens into foam darts to make them deal 5... oxy damage? The code is REALLY old so part of me thinks they just didn't have damage types on projectiles back then
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #650355

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 pm You can insert pens into foam darts to make them deal 5... oxy damage? The code is REALLY old so part of me thinks they just didn't have damage types on projectiles back then
Ghetto riot darts?
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #650430

Getting crushed by a firelock has a chance to fix dislocated limbs, and you can use a welder on yourself to fix most cut wounds.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #650440

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 pm You can insert pens into foam darts to make them deal 5... oxy damage? The code is REALLY old so part of me thinks they just didn't have damage types on projectiles back then
This is so weird. Somewhat related, you can put a holodisk into a camera, take a picture of a mob, and put the disk in a holopad to project the mob.
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master

Post by mrmelbert » #650446

If you get an objective to steal the station blueprints, you can take a picture of them with a camera. Stealing the resulting photo counts for success.
Of course, this is less relevant now with progression traitors being their own thing and thieves being removed, but there are still changelings (and blood-brothers on MRP).

In a similar vein, you can use a photocopier to copy the station's secret documents, which count for theft as well.
You can also use a crayon on a set of copied secret documents to forge a fake official signature.

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #650459

one round I got admin permission to bring a megafauna to the nukie ship during a war ops round

I chose the legion because it was the easiest to avoid dying too. Nukie ship was parked at arrivals, I used the arrivals mining shuttle to bring the legion up (it ate me mid shuttle ride) and the legion aggro'd at the nukie ship turrets.

The turrets made quick work of the megafaunas 2500 HP and killed it in 5 seconds. I died for nothing
► Show Spoiler
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #650559

Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:03 pm Those suit temperature regulators everyone hates are the only way to fully counter one of those really hot/cold fevers without taking damage.
Coffee? Showers?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #650563

Apparently a fully augmented person who gets zombified is immortal, because you can't behead them and as a zombie they'll keep rising up?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #650574

Kitfox wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:30 am Apparently a fully augmented person who gets zombified is immortal, because you can't behead them and as a zombie they'll keep rising up?
Cremation
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #650583

Timonk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:51 am
Capsandi wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:03 pm Blah blah forbidden knowledge blah
Coffee? Showers?
You would think so, but a bad fever heats you up faster than being on fire does. Coffee and cold showers seem to overpower the heat gain from fire but are only able to maintain your current temp(usually in the unsafe zone by the time you use them) against the worst of fevers. Space suits need to maintain bodytemp against the heat sink of space, mandating control good enough to counter viruses.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #650647

Timonk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:22 pm Cremation
:(
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #650734

Kitfox wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:16 am
Timonk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:22 pm Cremation
:(
"Immortality" in this case just means gradual healing forever so its effectively a changeling and dies just like a changeling would to cremator and shuttlegibs
Weston Echard on Sybil
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #650743

If you get hit with an EMP while holding a plasma cell baton it will explode on you
Spoiler:
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #650747

Medical huds can detect cybernetics on examine.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Donpedrito
Byond Username: Donpedrito

Post by Donpedrito » #651062

Detective’s revolvers altered to fire .357 have an increasing chance to backfire with each shot, but you can reset it by using cloth on it
Semirelated, you can use anything pointy like a pen or a syringe on bandages or bedsheets to get cloth, I like to make a damp rag like the one bartenders get to keep my workstation clean
Kitfox

Post by Kitfox » #651063

Donpedrito wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:27 pm Detective’s revolvers altered to fire .357 have an increasing chance to backfire with each shot, but you can reset it by using cloth on it
Semirelated, you can use anything pointy like a pen or a syringe on bandages or bedsheets to get cloth, I like to make a damp rag like the one bartenders get to keep my workstation clean
The revolver thing kinda just makes me want a smooth bore muzzle loader musket that takes like a minute to reload, not gonna lie.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #651070

Lizards suiciding with destination taggers. Go ahead and try it out one day.
► Show Spoiler
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #651075

san7890 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:43 pm Lizards suiciding with destination taggers. Go ahead and try it out one day.
► Show Spoiler
Rather than let this bait me into playing ss13 in any context I opened the code, and for those of similar inclination but even lazier-
► Show Spoiler
blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #651089

Abandoned Crates, those seemingly useless exploding noob traps, can be whacked with a multitool to do a puzzle and solve for the code. The puzzle is decently hard but definitely doable and worth it for the sweet loots inside. Most of the loot rolls are just toys and other fun items, but there are a few super rare items you can roll such as an xray mutation injector and a bananium esword.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Dopamiin
Byond Username: Dopamiin

Post by Dopamiin » #651126

It's the process of entering a glass table's tile (climbing, being shoved or thrown, etc) that results in the shatter, not simply existing on the same tile. This means that if you complete the construction of a glass table while occupying the same tile, you can lie on - or even stand on - a glass table perfectly safely. Bonus points if you use this like I have to convince other people that climbing on the tables is safe and then laugh as they proceed to table themselves.
plays on manuel
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #651145

Dopamiin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:43 am It's the process of entering a glass table's tile (climbing, being shoved or thrown, etc) that results in the shatter, not simply existing on the same tile. This means that if you complete the construction of a glass table while occupying the same tile, you can lie on - or even stand on - a glass table perfectly safely. Bonus points if you use this like I have to convince other people that climbing on the tables is safe and then laugh as they proceed to table themselves.
blackdav123 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:09 pm Abandoned Crates, those seemingly useless exploding noob traps, can be whacked with a multitool to do a puzzle and solve for the code. The puzzle is decently hard but definitely doable and worth it for the sweet loots inside. Most of the loot rolls are just toys and other fun items, but there are a few super rare items you can roll such as an xray mutation injector and a bananium esword.
Hey did you know if you turn on combat mode and click on someone they take damage? Mindblowing.