Connection died

General SS13 Chat
Grisdales
Byond Username: Grizdales

Connection died

Post by Grisdales » #647372

Whenever I try to connect to a TG server it connects for about half a second then freezes up with no chat or links working.
what I am experiencing is similar to this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31820
Is it a panic bunker thats up?
tried a few things to fix it and uninstalled and reinstalled byond.

all other non-TG servers I have tried are currently working.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: Connection died

Post by iain0 » #647390

Depends which server you're connecting to and when. On the front page at https://tgstation13.org/ top right of each server's status are some icons, one of them shows the server's on the hub and the shield icon shows the panic bunker is active on that server.

That all said, the panic bunker shouldn't be affecting the byond ckey listed by your forum name so I don't think its that.

Does it impact you on all TG servers or just a specific one?
Grisdales

Post by Grisdales » #647397

exact same thing on all servers is connects fine then gets to the lobby menu plays like a second of any music and ticks like 1 second on the round timer then it's like time freezes up.

I can still click the tabs (status / admin ect) and move between them just no links or actions do anything when clicked on.
Grisdales

Post by Grisdales » #647399

Created a new account and had the exact same issue so I guess it's something on my end?

on byond version 514.1585 and already did the various checks I have seen around and nothing has changed anything so not really sure what else I can do.
Grisdales

Post by Grisdales » #647402

reinstalled , cleared cache, reset byond settings still the same.

Is it possible I have been IP banned accidently or something?
Grisdales

Post by Grisdales » #647464

Figured it out and will leave the solution here (maybe admins might want to create a sticky post for this since I imagine other people might get this issue)

so apparently some SS13 servers hate nintendo pro controllers might happen with other controllers as well I don't know. but just having it plugged in even if it's not on will cause the issue described above.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #647497

good evening,

this can happen with any controller: it's because the controller is constantly sending keypresses to the server and you get kicked almost instantly for flooding keypresses to the server.

any admin or general helpful person would be wise to remember this situation because it happens all the time; always ask players having odd connection issues if they have a controller/joystick/etc plugged in.

seasons greetings,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.