Burnt out with player/server politics

General SS13 Chat
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Burnt out with player/server politics

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #651533

Behind the scenes SS13 is extremely tiring in its self-justification, if it was discussionless nothing would get done either so its the price of progress. Recently i've been interacting with SS13 much less because most servers think a monthly controversy gets people invested and frankly don't expect to see me much round much longer for getting tired of it, ill mention /tg/ as to snipe a constant on-cue monthly drama barrages, even if my vigor for the gameplay is as fresh as ever.

I will respond to you punks if you @ me though, so don't think im completely out.

Spoiler:
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: Burnt out with player/server politics

Post by Whoneedspacee » #651536

I like to entertain the idea of making some cool thing for the game occasionally and then I'm reminded of why I left in the first place.

People can really be hostile over the smallest dumb shit and peoples worst sides seem to come out pretty damn often when I hang around here lol.

Would love to give my thanks to the people who carried the game when it was small and continue to carry it as well though, changed my life for the better overall.
retired ss13 coderman
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #651552

finally
msd8
Byond Username: Msd8

Post by msd8 » #651555

I've yet to see any controversy besides people sperging out about shit updates.

Unless that's what you're talking about
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #651557

oranges wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:42 pmfinally
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #651559

msd8 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm I've yet to see any controversy besides people sperging out about shit updates.

I've been in wow communities with less controversy and drama than ss13 has tbh and wow is still a degenerate ass community filled w/ weirdos.

People are really petty on a small scale and overly devoted to whatever they feel is the TRUE vision of the game is as well as who they believe should even be in the community.

Not to say people aren't nice there just seem to be a greater percentage of what I would describe as zealots.
retired ss13 coderman
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #651758

The drama is the nail that sticks out gets hammered down. For the sake of balancing a lot of jobs have lost their fun.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #651995

oranges wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:42 pmfinally
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #652037

maybe like just play the game
msd8
Byond Username: Msd8

Post by msd8 » #652089

Whoneedspacee wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:27 am
msd8 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:58 pm I've yet to see any controversy besides people sperging out about shit updates.

I've been in wow communities with less controversy and drama than ss13 has tbh and wow is still a degenerate ass community filled w/ weirdos.

People are really petty on a small scale and overly devoted to whatever they feel is the TRUE vision of the game is as well as who they believe should even be in the community.

Not to say people aren't nice there just seem to be a greater percentage of what I would describe as zealots.
Oh that shit, okay yeah I agree with that. Ss13 should never be taken that seriously.

It's a role play game about silly little spaceman in their silly little station full of neurotic psychopaths.

As long as the chaos stays and it remains a good mix of role-playing and funny moments.

I'm forever happy.