50 Dollar Reward For Coders

General SS13 Chat
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

50 Dollar Reward For Coders

Post by Hoolny » #651551

This is very basic I will be giving 25 Dollars to the first person that adds this PR into github and a separate 25 Dollars to the first person that gets this PR merged

Baseline:
You must add a quirk that adds some kind of technological machine into the brain that streams pop up adds into the users vision

Conditions

1.Add a quirk that gives pop up adds into the players screen that can be exited out of

2.Add some kind of add into the pop up it can be anything as long as is good enough for it to possibly get merged

3.Make the pop up adds randomized and give a credit amount per add (this condition is flexible)

4.It must be fully functional

You have full creative freedom as long as it fills these 4 criteria

Payment:

I will be using paypal for more information you can contact me in discord as Seþ#2464 or in this forum itself

There will be two separate payments

25 dollars for the first person to add this PR into github

25 dollars to whoever gets this PR merged into github first

both of these will have to fill the requirements and be fully finished
for the payment to be done
Last edited by Hoolny on Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: 50 Dollar Reward For Coders

Post by Whoneedspacee » #651560

sounds like a goof thing
retired ss13 coderman
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651563

Its poor practice to open code bounties with the condition that the change must be merged.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #651565

At least they stated that up front
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #651577

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:55 am Its poor practice to open code bounties with the condition that the change must be merged.
Yeah I can see that but I am not both wasting 50 dollars and if two people make PRs and they haven’t being merged I can’t pay both of them
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #651579

Hoolny wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:45 pm
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:55 am Its poor practice to open code bounties with the condition that the change must be merged.
Yeah I can see that but I am not both wasting 50 dollars and if two people make PRs and they haven’t being merged I can’t pay both of them
Nor is anyone likely to spend their time coding a feature that may not be merged and thus them not get paid for it. Time is spent either way, but your payment is for that and on the condition that a 3rd party approves it.

Maybe try get your approval from maintainers in advance then make your payment not conditional on it.

IMO.
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #651594

iain0 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:01 pm
Hoolny wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:45 pm
Nor is anyone likely to spend their time coding a feature that may not be merged and thus them not get paid for it. Time is spent either way, but your payment is for that and on the condition that a 3rd party approves it.

Maybe try get your approval from maintainers in advance then make your payment not conditional on it.

IMO.
I would be willing to pay 25 dollars for the first person that adds this into github with a possibility of 25 dollars if merged
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #651605

So nothing changed?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #651606

Timonk wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:50 am So nothing changed?
you could earn 25 bucks by making this PR and a possible another 25 more I guess