Paradise station is 10 times more hardcore and fun than tg

General SS13 Chat
donutstation
Byond Username: EwynB

Paradise station is 10 times more hardcore and fun than tg

Post by donutstation » #653469

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFMG1aPLrx4

Can you imagine this kind of massacre happening on 2022 tg?????
Can you imagine your walking loot pinata (with shitty loot) antags being able to wipe a high pop round station???????????????
Can you imagine there being not a single die hard paramedic/assistant white knight hero at the antag's location the moment it gets announced because the antag is actually scary and not loot pinata and can RR you????? oh and it's not only antags, literary everything from random events to explosions, space and fire is 10 times more lethal on paradise
Isn't it weird nobody cries about murderbone in deadchat, nobody castrates antag, stuns, body dragging and anything that can get you RR'd with 200IQ game design visionary code changes>??????

good job at becoming waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more hugbox than the the fucking hub [newbie friendly] furry server for babies that you used to laugh at tg!!!!!! BUIHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Re: Paradise station is 10 times more hardcore and fun than tg

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #653489

I went on paradise once and an admin permanently blinded via me the smite for attacking a disconnected bartender as a traitor.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #653492

One thing I noticed in the video that they have and we dont anymore is the ability to change suit sensors from the strip menu. We should definitely make suit sensors easier to turn off, as if you are unfortunate enough for your victim to be wearing one of our hardsuits it is going to be a good 20 or 30 seconds before you can even start to hide your kill.
Weston Echard on Sybil
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #653497

I like both Paradise and TG. I don't go around talking like this though as a means of convincing people to check out another server.
Hugs
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #653513

i'll play it when they get rid of the wierd furry shit
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #653536

toemas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:58 pm i'll play it when they get rid of the wierd furry shit
I've got bad news about TG station, friend.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #653539

i forgot how good new /tg/ sprites look these days. or maybe i've gotten some variant of Stockholm Syndrome with the new ones. not sure.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #653542

san7890 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:48 am i forgot how good new /tg/ sprites look these days. or maybe i've gotten some variant of Stockholm Syndrome with the new ones. not sure.
the captain's antique is an active downgrade compared to the old one
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #653546

i miss shadowlings
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #653576

man if ur gonna call us hugbox at least dont post a video where you have to use

adrenals
freedom
1click hard stuns
fireaxe with extra armor pen and stuns

to "win the game".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #653579

He's not wrong. People bitched about "murderboning" so long that antags are completely neutered and half the rounds they don't accomplish anything at all.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #653586

CPTANT wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:22 pm He's not wrong. People bitched about "murderboning" so long that antags are completely neutered and half the rounds they don't accomplish anything at all.
hard disagree, people are lacking the spines to kill people nowadays so murder just doesn't happen, or conflict is so invisible that it practically makes no difference (and antags are being incentivised to play more passive, especially with progtot)
heretic is still powerful in combat
traitor is still powerful in combat
cult is still you get the idea
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #653588

saprasam wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:02 pm
CPTANT wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:22 pm He's not wrong. People bitched about "murderboning" so long that antags are completely neutered and half the rounds they don't accomplish anything at all.
hard disagree, people are lacking the spines to kill people nowadays so murder just doesn't happen, or conflict is so invisible that it practically makes no difference (and antags are being incentivised to play more passive, especially with progtot)
heretic is still powerful in combat
traitor is still powerful in combat
cult is still you get the idea
heretic is a wet noodle in combat. Traitor has decent gear but all the thing you can actually use on the station got nerfed to shit.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #653603

Hugbox is like a projection though because op needing 1 hit stuns to win the game and posting about such on a server op presumably doesnt play or care about sounds a lot more hugbox than the idea that removing 1 hit stuns arent that great for the game.

Killing takes more skill to pull off successfully unless you're just trying to gank, so presumably thats LESS hugbox and more competitive :-)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #653619

I like stuns being removed but I still think that a bullet to the head should end you instantly
► Show Spoiler
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #653622

Ballistics should be very lethal. Being able to shrug off a burst of .45 ACP while wearing a labcoat is a joke
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #653625

Stunlocks, valids, powercreep. The station had it all won by one man: the Coder King, Kor Phaeron. At his death, the words he spoke drove countless men out to the server hub.

blorble: My dwarfy art? It's yours if you want it. Find it! I left all the world has there!

And so men set sights on the Paradise Station, in pursuit of their dreams. The world has truly entered a Great Murderbone Era!

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #653663

Paradise is pretty cool. It has more lore than Paradise and it’s more MRP than /TG/, but I always run back to TG because it’s smoother (but I hate how everything is so complex, in para chemistry and bomb making is WAYY more easy).
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #653675

donutstation wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:07 pm good job at becoming waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more hugbox than the the fucking hub [newbie friendly] furry server for babies that you used to laugh at tg!!!!!! BUIHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Jamie run the tape back
viewtopic.php?t=21544
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #653690

Cobby wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:02 pm man if ur gonna call us hugbox at least dont post a video where you have to use

adrenals
freedom
1click hard stuns

to "win the game".
"wow guys look at this EPIC GAMER RAMPAGE you dont see this type of high octane gameplay on your hugbox of a server"

proceeds to post a video of a guy running around preying on npcs that go catatonic the moment anything startling happens, is finally killed by a single person walking up to them with a welder
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #653713

NoxVS wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:10 am
Cobby wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:02 pm man if ur gonna call us hugbox at least dont post a video where you have to use

adrenals
freedom
1click hard stuns

to "win the game".
"wow guys look at this EPIC GAMER RAMPAGE you dont see this type of high octane gameplay on your hugbox of a server"

proceeds to post a video of a guy running around preying on npcs that go catatonic the moment anything startling happens, is finally killed by a single person walking up to them with a welder
dont forget he clicks on his hands to swap them
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #653724

buff antagonists
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #653734

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:52 pm buff antagonists
Buff things on the station that have antagonistic uses. Make harmful chemicals easier to make. Let people actually rob laser guns again, revert all the changes that make bomb making a PITA, make printing guns possible again etc.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #653741

CPTANT wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:48 pm
sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:52 pm buff antagonists
Buff things on the station that have antagonistic uses. Make harmful chemicals easier to make. Let people actually rob laser guns again, revert all the changes that make bomb making a PITA, make printing guns possible again etc.
I like this. Also make antags interact with defined systems more instead if having snowflake systems and mechanics.
Also for the love of fuck balance dragons and nightmares
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #653749

CPTANT wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:48 pm
Buff things on the station that have antagonistic uses.
Any examples of already existing things to buff?
Make harmful chemicals easier to make.
Were they ever easy to make? I get that you’re going for “easier”, but… it wasn’t ever piss-easy.
Let people actually rob laser guns again,
When was it ever acceptable to steal sec’s shit and not get stomped by them?

revert all the changes that make bomb making a PITA,
They reverted tiered canisters, which was THE worst PITA for Ordnance. Literally every other change has made it easier or provided more information.

make printing guns possible again etc.
Why does cargo not work?
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #653761

Were they ever easy to make? I get that you’re going for “easier”, but… it wasn’t ever piss-easy.
No chemistry balance was always horrible. Good we finally neutred purity, but the recipes are still all over the place with extreme potency/effort differences leading to the same stuff being used over and over.
When was it ever acceptable to steal sec’s shit and not get stomped by them?
You misunderstand, you can't even take more than 1 gun because they don't fit in bags any more. You either sacrifice your belt slot or have to use specific armor that only sec starts with.
They reverted tiered canisters, which was THE worst PITA for Ordnance. Literally every other change has made it easier or provided more information.
Yeah I admit I lost track of toxins after it was revamped again and again and again, isn't it still way more unforgiving then it was?
Why does cargo not work?
Because there is one cargo and one single point is way harder to break into then multiple.

The game has become EXTREMELY scared of letting people get items that are actually powerful, research is a good example of this, you could just print BOH, jackhammers, guns etc but now you scroll through the list of even maxed out research and you think: "meh, nothing that interesting".
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #653762

Itseasytosee2me wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:16 am
toemas wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:58 pm i'll play it when they get rid of the wierd furry shit
Felinids aren't furry. They're effectively cosplaying humans. 10-20%animal at most. It ain't furry until at least 50% animal. Before that point they're monstergirls.

Yes this matters. Furrys and monstergirls lovers don't get along at all.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #653776

saprasam wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:08 pm
NoxVS wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:10 am

adrenals
freedom
1click hard stuns

to "win the game".

dont forget he clicks on his hands to swap them
now THIS is unforgivable
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #653915

:toolbox:
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:28 am
Felinids aren't furry. They're effectively cosplaying humans. 10-20%animal at most. It ain't furry until at least 50% animal. Before that point they're monstergirls.

Cope furry.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654014

chocolate_bickie wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:31 pm :toolbox:
Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:28 am

Cope furry.
Nah hold up this is correct, I got a chart

(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #654250

This is really tame.
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #654989

I want some Cheetos
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #655605

I started on paradise when I was first playing SS13, and I recall the sheer amount of prep time and gear it took to actually be an antagonist because security was exclusively played by the biggest powergaming motherfuckers and if you weren't bringing adrenals/implants/etc then you were fucked from the word go.

The amount of batman level prep required for any and all antag shit got really tiring really fast. And even if you were "winning" you had to play super careful because you didn't want to get bwoinked for "Excess violence" or whatever.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #655636

A furry on fulp started attacking me in the bar so I used super fart (genetics power) to launch them across the screen onto a glass table

I got bwoinked
► Show Spoiler
Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #657144

Paradies looks liek shiet, i conect ed and see the tileset and I lefted teh gaem immediate ly. I love TG
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #658259

That looks more like the /tg/ I played on back in the day. I visited recently and the server looks so different, also lowpop and anemic action. Unfortunate to see this is the direction the server has gone. Sad!
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #658402

Imagine needing a coding balance for a skill issue

Oh and also don't let this drop, Janice must be banned!
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #658784

Clown Man 6

On another note some hippie vids got reuploaded thankfully, some ss13 history preserved
retired ss13 coderman
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #658856

Nerfing slips was a mistake.
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #663116

paradise stations wiki has a better selection of songs