How is the roleplay nowadays?

General SS13 Chat
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

How is the roleplay nowadays?

Post by Bluespace » #655857

Thinking of coming back to play for a bit, wondering what the current climate is for those who enjoy some flavour in their round.

Is terry full of action heroes or can I expect to talk reasonably with some people?
I play Boris Pepper.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: How is the roleplay nowadays?

Post by Stickymayhem » #655862

it declined sorry bud

if you want access to our old style of tgstation go be extremely violent on manual within the rules. they will hate you but they deserve it and it's legal
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #655863

Be the change you want to see
Hugs
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #655865

Stickymayhem wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:01 pm it declined sorry bud

if you want access to our old style of tgstation go be extremely violent on manual within the rules. they will hate you but they deserve it and it's legal
The hardest choices require the strongest wills, I understand.
I play Boris Pepper.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #655866

Terry isn't full of action heroes it's full of e-cigarette smokers.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #655871

larp

(ill rp with you sticky but you have to play first)
Spoiler:
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #655880

Bluespace wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:41 pm Thinking of coming back to play for a bit, wondering what the current climate is for those who enjoy some flavour in their round.

Is terry full of action heroes or can I expect to talk reasonably with some people?
terry has become a shithole from what i've heard
you're honestly better off with manuel (or... sybil... maybe..)
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
CoffeeDragon16
Byond Username: CoffeeDragon16

Post by CoffeeDragon16 » #655883

Bluespace wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:41 pm Thinking of coming back to play for a bit, wondering what the current climate is for those who enjoy some flavour in their round.

near nonexistent sorry pally, been that way for a couple years now
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[
stewydeadmike
Byond Username: Stewydeadmike

Post by stewydeadmike » #655894

I can really only speak from my experience on manuel but, yeah decent RP moments are few and far between
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #655903

bad

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #655911

its gone
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #655912

It ironically died with Manuel.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #655913

I have no clue what the heck anyone means when they talk about old high quality rp. Were you all just being me tab pros and emoting high quality texts that'd make the mime weep? Or are you talking about some sort of mechanic interaction where you were able to add tension with lines of dialogue.

Because miner and xenobiology are where you get the second stuff. Once they have the gamer gear and won't get one tapped by the antagonist that is.
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #655922

Shadowflame909 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:54 am I have no clue what the heck anyone means when they talk about old high quality rp. Were you all just being me tab pros and emoting high quality texts that'd make the mime weep? Or are you talking about some sort of mechanic interaction where you were able to add tension with lines of dialogue.

Because miner and xenobiology are where you get the second stuff. Once they have the gamer gear and won't get one tapped by the antagonist that is.
Shadowflame confirmed Fwoosh alt.
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #655937

It really depends on your definition of "roleplay". I only started playing late 2019 so I can't really compare tg's roleplay over the years but I don't think it's completely gone. While most people on lrp are playing self-insert characters, a lot of people are still willing to engage with you. It feels like the more you roleplay the more others will too, so doing things like calling people by their first name instead of their job title, acting like a real character and not playing to win are your best options.
If you're looking for long rounds, custom emotes and extensive roleplay systems you might be best looking elsewhere. tg isn't really the best server for full roleplay in my opinion, as others have more depth.

You can always try manuel the "Moar RP" server, it has longer rounds and custom tailored rules that attempt to create a better roleplaying environment.

But if you want my opinion on manuel:
► Show Spoiler
Edit: I'd like to add that I've never played on terry so I've got no idea what goes on there.
It keeps getting worse!?
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #655943

It is what it is. I only play on Sybil and see (often) people genuinely putting in the effort to roleplay, or maybe trying some gimmick that isn't related to minmaxing their round.
Average player (depending on their job and/or antag status ofc) tend to have more of a play-to-win mentality, but they may roleplay if the situation presents itself. And then there's of course, those who barely interact with others, and look forward to hone their skills and perfect their game every single round, powergaming as non-antags, or boning as antags. But they're more of a rarity nowadays, can't even begin compare to old Bagil gamers.

So, it's not perfect, but I can tell you this, it IS fun. If you put in a consistent, albeit relaxed effort to roleplay, there's a high chance you'll get it reciprocated. Just don't be expecting any idealization of roleplay, keep an open mind to more of the spontaneous, silly, chaotic type. Maybe you get a good story to tell, a nice interaction to remember, maybe you get stunlocked and robusted while typing.

About Terry... well. I've played there a few months ago for a few rounds, and by my probably short-sighted experience, I could only notice two big differences from Sybil:

1- Security was always full or nearly full, and they were usually more robust and organized than your average sec.
2- Even after rule 11 has been implemented on the servers for a good while, I still managed to catch people saying the N word casually, which was a big :rolling_eyes: moment.

(Also it started lagging a lot for me so w/e)

Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #655946

Sometimes I see people who take things slow; talk about lore and shit, give their mind on this whole ordeal of space station madness. I also sometimes see funny as hell people on Manuel without acting serious at all. Sometimes, things can be a bit fun on Manuel when everyone is chill but usually when things go into chaos and people break character, it’s also kinda funny.

Depends if your serious about RP or not.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #655948

Oh come to Bagil where we typically have 10-20 players and 0 security and just mainline old school security and teach these younger players how it should be done.
Diax1324
Byond Username: DIAX12

Post by Diax1324 » #656001

It's nonexistent. People will be named memey names like "Dorkus Hore", and will ask kindly for gender reassignment or medicinally useful chems. Absolutely unplayable. Go somewhere else.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #656819

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:35 pm
larp

(ill rp with you sticky but you have to play first)
I'm a famous twitch streamer now sorry
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #656923

I missed you Bluespace
Sadly though these other posts are right, Manuel kinda unintentionally sealed its face in...
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #656991

i have been banned so i cant roleplay
Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #723765

Bawhoppennn wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:33 am I missed you Bluespace
Sadly though these other posts are right, Manuel kinda unintentionally sealed its face in...
A bit late, but miss you too Baw, hope you're doing well.
I play Boris Pepper.
DrOof
Byond Username: Dr . Oof

Post by DrOof » #723847

you where lucky to escape before it began
kayozz
Byond Username: Kayozz11

Post by kayozz » #726246

Try and hop on Manuel when I'm on and come to the bar. Old Ronnie Biscuits is usually (drunkenly) asking the barman (or whoever is listening) about what colour the ceiling tiles are which usually evolves/devolves into some kind of flat land Edwin Abbott Abbott-esque philosophical discourse about the nature of the self and the ideas of self-control, perspective and the stoic nature of the human condition. If that's not top-tier RP then I dunno what is.
NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR GREENTEXT