Antag idea

General SS13 Chat
mazur907
Byond Username: Mazur907

Antag idea

Post by mazur907 » #657149

i am looking for ideas as traitor, anyone have good idea for antags? i am bored from classic murderbone i must try something new but what
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Antag idea

Post by datorangebottle » #657151

Nobody ever tries to do hostage situations. Kidnap someone important and ransom them back to the station for something valuable.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #657159

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:35 am Nobody ever tries to do hostage situations. Kidnap someone important and ransom them back to the station for something valuable.
Because death is just pretty meaningless, shoot them both and revive the hostage.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #657166

datorangebottle wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:35 am Nobody ever tries to do hostage situations. Kidnap someone important and ransom them back to the station for something valuable.
Well, I did this a couple weeks ago. I rolled the ARC terrorist traitor faction, and I kidnapped the RD Acting Captain in under 5 minutes into the shift. I threatened to kill them unless the crew helped me to secure all of the stations pets in a BYOS. Response from the crew was... Literally nothing. No one cared.

I eventually just sadly let the RD go.

I play on LRP Sybil, but still... That depressed me.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #657207

Revolver is under-rated
Nobody steals all the metal from science to feed into a hacked auto lathe, followed by printing off a complete backpack full+box inside of .357 rounds for a revolver. I did it a couple times but barely killed anyone. Revolver does 60 Brute, so it knocks down in 2 hits.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #657383

Kidnapping people and forcing them to use an emagged arcade machine is a classic. It's a lot harder now that stuns have been nerfed, the 20TC meta used to be shooting them with an ebow for the stun (12TC), EMP flashlighting them (2TC), and emagging the arcade machine (6TC). The arcade machine would be in a glass box with a door locked to maintenance access, you strip them down, throw them in there, and they can't get out. I recommend using the outbomb cuban pete game because the Orion Trail version creates huge space areas around it in certain situations. You also get a free bomb if they somehow win, which is possible. I did have someone win one time, and I let them go after they handed over the bomb.

Now I'd say use the EMP flash light and a stunprod (or stolen stunbaton) and only go for people in maintenance since it's much slower to get them down. Other than that, same plan, although I dunno if you'd find as many people willing to play along these days.

Another fun gimmick is impersonating security and causing untold grief. The main trick is getting a mindshield implant. If security is understaffed, which it usually is, then you can run into the HoS's office and steal a box. Delta has some in the HoP office I believe (good luck doing that stealthily lol). An emag would likely be a requirement to open the box unless you're a cargo tech and can lava it. Then stealthily kill an officer and change into their gear. Note that they should not get a message out on radio, otherwise you're fucked. Use an EMP light. A voice changer is the only other piece of traitor equipment you need.

It helps if you look somewhat like the officer, but shaving your head at a mirror and saying you got hit by rads might work too. In my experience most people don't pay enough attention, but if you wanna be hella thorough you can break into genetics and copy over their UI/UE to you so you have their exact genetic code. At this point you get to decide how griefy you'll be. You could essentially murderbone as the police, but I think it's funnier to permabrig people while making outrageous claims about them. You just hand the prisoner to the warden and he does half the work for you. Use an agent ID and voice changer for even greater effect as you can make false claims on comms about that person. I think I ran this gimmick once or twice back when I played, I would always readmin at the end of the round to see how many people ahelped me. Think one person did one time. This gimmick is also compatible (and perhaps even better) as a changeling.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #657425

Imitates-The-Lizards wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:54 pm
Well, I did this a couple weeks ago. I rolled the ARC terrorist traitor faction, and I kidnapped the RD Acting Captain in under 5 minutes into the shift. I threatened to kill them unless the crew helped me to secure all of the stations pets in a BYOS. Response from the crew was... Literally nothing. No one cared.

I eventually just sadly let the RD go.

I play on LRP Sybil, but still... That depressed me.
Sybil is simply too crowded for these things.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.