WHAT THE FUCK IS VENOM

General SS13 Chat
fizziz2
Byond Username: Fizziz

WHAT THE FUCK IS VENOM

Post by fizziz2 » #661896

I am FUCKING SICK of these idiots talking about "vEnOm AnTaG" and whenever they are questioned about it they just say "vEnOm LiKe SpIdEr MaN" FUCK YOU YOU LITTLE SHIT!! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE NEW ANTAG IS.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: WHAT THE FUCK IS VENOM

Post by TheFinalPotato » #661897

venom antag
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #661898

He is Spiderman's yandere alien slime girlfriend that he rejected because she was turning him emo. She rebounded with a guy who also hates spider man and together they became his worst enemy (number 3) as they both fuel the worst in each other
► Show Spoiler
fizziz2

Post by fizziz2 » #661900

You FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!!

"Emo girlfriend" YOU THINK PETER PARKER GOES OUT WITH EMOS?!! HIS GIRLFRIEND IS MARY JANE DUMBASS!!

You think its funny to make fun of me? You think its funny to waste my fucking perfect 20/20 vision on the stupid comment I had to read?!! WELL IT FUCKING ISN'T!! You best tell me what the FUCK venom is or I am going to metagrudge, antag, powegame you IRL YOU FUCKING DUMBASS PROFILE NAME DUMBASS PROFILE PICTURE PROBABLY GEEK LOOKING ASS CUNT!!
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #661903

Venom antag was 2022 exclusive sorry
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #661913

Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #661919

venom antag 2022!! lets go
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
fizziz2

Post by fizziz2 » #661921

You fucking kidding me? I put up with all this retards talking about "vEnOm" and I am fucking late?! I was fucking playing in 2022, NEVER SAW IT. Was I NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #661923

fizziz2 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:51 pm Was I NOT LOOKING HARD ENOUGH
VENOM,
(I GOT THAT) ADRENALINE MOMENTUM
AND I'M NOT KNOWIN' WHEN I'M
EVER GONNA SLOW UP AND I'M
READY TO SNAP ANY MOMENT I'M
THINKIN' IT'S TIME TO GO GET 'EM
THEY AIN'T GONNA KNOW WHAT HIT 'EM
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
PotatoMasher
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: PotatoMasher

Post by PotatoMasher » #664157

venom-2022.png
A strange moth entrusted me with administration, let me know how well I'm doing here.
► Show Spoiler
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #664176

Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #664184

"Symbrock" shipping

After seeing the film, Kate Gardner of The Mary Sue wondered whether it had been "queer coded", a term referring to characters appearing queer without their sexuality being a part of the story. Gardner soon noticed fan art depicting Brock and Venom as a couple appearing across social media sites. She acknowledged that there were several moments throughout the film that implied such a relationship, including Venom deciding to turn against his species because of his time spent with Brock and Venom deciding to French kiss Brock when it is transferring from Weying's body to Brock's. Gardner felt that these elements made it more logical for fans to "ship" the two characters than some similar pairings that had become popular on the internet. Many of the fans posting the art and discussing the characters' relationship online began using the name "Symbrock" to refer to them.

Tumblr's Fandometrics analysis team, led by Senior Content Insights Manager Amanda Brennan, looked at "original posts, likes, reblogs, and comments" across the website's 440 million blogs, and reported that Symbrock was the most used ship name during the week ending October 15. It was also the eighth most popular topic overall, while Venom itself was the most popular topic. Brennan said that fans of Symbrock existed before the film due to the nature of the comics, but the increase in popularity was undoubtedly due to the film's portrayal of the characters which she said made Venom's dialogue more "casual ... compared to how he speaks in comics, which kind of makes it more approachable and easier to turn the symbiote into something cute". Brennan added that dialogue such as "I am Venom and you are mine" was deemed to be particularly romantic by these fans, as was the idea that Venom be seen not as a parasite but as someone who "chose Eddie Brock and has a connection to Eddie Brock". According to Fandometrics, Symbrock remained the most popular shipping name on Tumblr for the weeks ending October 22, October 29, November 5, and November 12, before falling to third place during the week ending November 19. In its list of the top 100 shipping names of 2018, released on November 28, Fandometrics listed Symbrock in fourteenth place.

When Sony began advertising the home media release of the film by presenting it as a romantic comedy focused on Brock and Venom's relationship, io9's Charles Pulliam-Moore said it was the treatment that the film deserved, and attributed the change in strategy from the studio to the audience's response to the relationship. He added that it was rare for a film studio to "get on top of a so-so ad campaign" by adjusting towards "the public's reaction to a movie", and that he believed it to have been successful. Michael Walsh at Nerdist concurred with Pulliam-Moore, describing the move as "fully embrac[ing] 'Symbrock'" and calling it "brilliant". Walsh said that though the advertisement was clearly a parody, it also "feels like a far more accurate portrayal of what the movie was really like than the initial [marketing] hinted at", and further highlighted the kissing scene.
It keeps getting worse!?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #664217

ArcaneDefence wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:02 pm Image
Nobody's explaining it so I'll be the bad guy and ruin the joke.

A Skyrat downstream added the above as a new living latex fetish thing and someone (I think Fikou started it but I could be wrong) turned it into a meme about there being a Venom antag.

I'm ruining the joke because I too hate when people regurgitate an in-joke instead of explaining it so you can also find it funny.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #664241

Vekter wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:59 am
ArcaneDefence wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:02 pm Image
Nobody's explaining it so I'll be the bad guy and ruin the joke.

A Skyrat downstream added the above as a new living latex fetish thing and someone (I think Fikou started it but I could be wrong) turned it into a meme about there being a Venom antag.

I'm ruining the joke because I too hate when people regurgitate an in-joke instead of explaining it so you can also find it funny.
But this is the principle of memes Vekter :(

Unsane
Byond Username: RiceRicebbb

Post by Unsane » #664244

antag based on the song "Venom" by Kairikibear and the lesser known one "venom" by Eminem
Shy Hime, a mime main and crazy ong fr :3 crazy CRAZY uwaa, gayest boy on Liyue
ImageImage
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #664248

Agux909 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm But this is the principle of memes Vekter :(
In-jokes suck if you don't include other people in the community in them. Then it just becomes 5-6 people laughing about something while everyone else thinks they're assholes for not including them.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664252

Mice World wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:44 pm "Symbrock" shipping
Shippers have absolutely no rights.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #664260

Vekter wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:29 pm
Agux909 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm But this is the principle of memes Vekter :(
In-jokes suck if you don't include other people in the community in them. Then it just becomes 5-6 people laughing about something while everyone else thinks they're assholes for not including them.
You literally just described memes in a nutshell, but in a smaller scale because it was created on an already small and niche community, of course.

And yeah memes suck and were a mistake. But what gives, it's the internet and we're adults, we can survive getting roasted from time to time.

Just as one can survive knowing they missed their opportunity to play Venom antag while it was merged, lol.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #664265

Vekter is actually right in this instance. The more people in on the joke, the more people get to laugh.

SS13 has plenty of running gags and jokes that have become part of server culture because they were shared with others, be it on the wiki, in-game, or on the forums. Squirreling them away to keep for ourselves negates their impact at best, or at worst fosters cliquey behaviour like you see in a lot of niche games.
► Show Spoiler
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #664295

Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #664298

Agux909 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:37 pm
You literally just described memes in a nutshell, but in a smaller scale because it was created on an already small and niche community, of course.

And yeah memes suck and were a mistake. But what gives, it's the internet and we're adults, we can survive getting roasted from time to time.

Just as one can survive knowing they missed their opportunity to play Venom antag while it was merged, lol.
I mean, this just reads as "I'm mad that people other than me are being included in this joke", which is a pretty middle schooler attitude to have.
Spoiler:

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #664302

Vekter wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:39 pm
Agux909 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:37 pm

I mean, this just reads as "I'm mad that people other than me are being included in this joke", which is a pretty middle schooler attitude to have.
Bro I'm just saying you shouldn't get so serious.
My response to your first post had little to no weight behind it. You could've responded to it in a million hilarious ways to shoot it down, but instead you follow up with a heavy "not being inclusive about memes in the community sucks" and it's such an eye roller.

Like come on is it no humour day? I'm outta here.

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #664303

As headmin I will re-add Venom Antag