The Only Thing You'll Remember

General SS13 Chat
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

The Only Thing You'll Remember

Post by sinfulbliss » #667593

When you look back at this game a year from now, what are you going to remember? Is it going to be those IC conflicts that got you upset? The times you died and got frustrated? The adminhelps, the peanut threads, the ban appeals, the tickets, the Discord drama, the endless arguments about policy and rules and config and the coders and -

NO. IT WON'T BE ANY OF THAT. It will be one thing and one thing alone: FUN. The very reason you play TG, or any other videogame!

PLAYERS WHO MAKE THE ROUNDS LESS FUN SHOULD BE BANNED.

ADMINS WHO MAKE THE ROUNDS LESS FUN SHOULD BE DEADMINNED.

There is one commonality between players that add fun and admins that add fun: they nurture instead of neuter the round. The silly duffel cap that hosts a toolbox tourney for the spare vs. the wordless NRP powergaming validhunter. The music-playin' mob-spawnin' button-lovin' dungeon master vs. the high-strung pedantic 60-min ticket spaceman supervisor.

When people are having a good time, they're more likely to bring others up with them to have a good time. It is CONTAGIOUS. But unfortunately the opposite is true too. So this thread is just a reminder not to lose sight that this is indeed a videogame, it is 100% for fun, and that is the ONLY reason ANYBODY is here. Be well :D
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: The Only Thing You'll Remember

Post by Bawhoppennn » #667608

This is true Sinful, you're right
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #667617

Absolutely wrong.

I remember the players that made my gameplayer a more frustrating time and have much stronger memories of them than fun friendly times.

Grandmaster Honk, the clown that would always take off his shoes, rush a toolbelt and insuls, and once killed me because I was out and about on the station and I only do that when I'm antag (I wasn't).
Dark Effence, the HOP who just wanted to powergame security every round.
Edward Sloan the detective when detectives could be traitors
Pin the Rin
The Ticket/appeal/peanut with UsedNapkin or PaperMoonKing
That one ban appeal where the guy insisted he was right for wordlessly killing three scientists just working in their lab because one scientist was a cultist elsewhere. (They weren't)
The time I got wizard, turned someone into an animated statue, and then they killed me.
Insulting Repukan on the forums, then having him find an excuse to kill me five rounds in a row in game that evening.

Can I think of great fun things too but oh man those salt mines have staying power.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #667625

Man I do remember detectives being able to be traitors. I'd roll detective for the sole purpose of getting traitor. Usually, I'd be the only member of security and sometimes of even the command staff (because this was low-mid pop bagil), so I would get the captain's spare roundstart. After that I would have the grief round of my dreams. Randomly arresting people and executing them for no reason, subverting the AI, and all of this with the full approval of my fellow officers and command staff. The rounds I played detective as a nonantag actually got me into playing security unironically so I kept it up even after detective traitor was removed (thank goodness, that was ridiculous).
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #667636

Nobody disagrees with that sinful, the issue iss that everyone has a different definition of fun. Our server caters to a wide array of playstyles
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #667697

the discord drama will stay in my heart forevermore

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #667783

Armhulen wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:39 pm Nobody disagrees with that sinful, the issue iss that everyone has a different definition of fun. Our server caters to a wide array of playstyles
This is true but it’s not what I’m getting at. It seems the atmosphere shifted. A couple years ago I remember there’d every night be 3-6 admins on fucking around and hyping the rounds up, having a good time - your name would also sometimes be there I recall. These feel less frequent - for a year or more there have been at best 1-2 admins on. Impactful events are incredibly rare. And that’s not their fault - maybe there’s a reason for it. Maybe… It sucks!! But why does it suck?

Years ago TG didn’t really obsess over the nitty gritty. But over the years as more rules, stipulations and policies (jesus christ the pages and pages of policies) are created, there are more regulations for players to follow and in turn, more overhead for admins. I imagine that just becomes a headache at the end of the day for everyone involved. Instead of focusing on making the game the perfection of a moral utopia, it would be better to slim down, sit back, and just have a good time, then admins wouldn’t get burned out (because they’re having a good time) - and players would feed off of it like water in a desert creating an awesome feedback loop.

The fucking impact a single admin or player can have on the round when they’re really having a blast single-handedly lifts up the entire fuckin server by orders and orders of magnitude. Fun is all that matters, the rest is fluff text.
Spoiler:
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #667791

What I'll always remember is the peanut threads. Goodness, so many zingers and deranged fact patterns have come up over the years.
► Show Spoiler
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #667792

Farquaar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:08 am What I'll always remember is the peanut threads. Goodness, so many zingers and deranged fact patterns have come up over the years.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #667846

When did Admins become the name police?
I forget when that became policy they were enforcing
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #667944

you know for someone who spent a significant amount of time making rounds unfun for other people you sure talk about it a lot
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #667951

oranges wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:03 pm you know for someone who spent a significant amount of time making rounds unfun for other people you sure talk about it a lot
I still remember that my brother quit playing the game because you ruled something an IC issue on him and the RD wasn't an antag just a shitbag.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #667964

oranges wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:03 pm you know for someone who spent a significant amount of time making rounds unfun for other people you sure talk about it a lot
right back atcha pal 8-)
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #668013

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:20 am When you look back at this game a year from now, what are you going to remember? Is it going to be those IC conflicts that got you upset? The times you died and got frustrated? The adminhelps, the peanut threads, the ban appeals, the tickets, the Discord drama, the endless arguments about policy and rules and config and the coders and -

NO. IT WON'T BE ANY OF THAT. It will be one thing and one thing alone: FUN. The very reason you play TG, or any other videogame!

PLAYERS WHO MAKE THE ROUNDS LESS FUN SHOULD BE BANNED.

ADMINS WHO MAKE THE ROUNDS LESS FUN SHOULD BE DEADMINNED.

There is one commonality between players that add fun and admins that add fun: they nurture instead of neuter the round. The silly duffel cap that hosts a toolbox tourney for the spare vs. the wordless NRP powergaming validhunter. The music-playin' mob-spawnin' button-lovin' dungeon master vs. the high-strung pedantic 60-min ticket spaceman supervisor.

When people are having a good time, they're more likely to bring others up with them to have a good time. It is CONTAGIOUS. But unfortunately the opposite is true too. So this thread is just a reminder not to lose sight that this is indeed a videogame, it is 100% for fun, and that is the ONLY reason ANYBODY is here. Be well :D
✌️🤓👍
[this space reserved]
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #668034

wesoda25 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:41 pm ✌️🤓👍
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #668036

sinfulbliss wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:12 am
right back atcha pal 8-)
bro this is not my thread
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #668040

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:51 am
wesoda25 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:41 pm Some real shit
0525A638-C286-4D1C-AE76-0CC6117E4303.png
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #668049

sinfulbliss wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:51 am
wesoda25 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:41 pm ✌️🤓👍
LMAO
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #668247

uhhhh WTF is this moron babbling about? does anyone have any clue?
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #668291

Guys, listen, I know all of you are criticizing Sinful here, but the reason I was trying to be nice about it, is that if Sinful wants to try and see a different path, let's encourage it, rather than just punch at them.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Ziiro
Byond Username: Ziiro
Github Username: Ziiro

Post by Ziiro » #669766

Farquaar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:08 am What I'll always remember is the peanut threads. Goodness, so many zingers and deranged fact patterns have come up over the years.
There have been some true all-timers in the last few months. More enjoyment out of peanut threads than actually playing the game for me, these days.
helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #669877

im banend :(
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

Post by tjatpbnj » #670781

the only real thing in space station 13 is our feelings
look in the spanner box got no thing in there cant do go sailing in em
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #670816

Hey sinful hurry up and appeal that players club ban there's an epic goof peanut on page 5!
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #671463

right back atcha pal 8-)
the difference is it's my job, whereas you do it just for fun
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #671474

oranges wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:25 am
right back atcha pal 8-)
the difference is it's my job, whereas you do it just for fun
you already responded to this comment you dont get to respond a second time 2 weeks later especially if it's mid as this, maybe if it's a massive banger you can

-29109321 social credits
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #671475

oh I forgot
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #671493

RIP oranges' social credit, he will never financially recover from this.
Anyway, for once, I kind of agree with Sinful on this one. I also kind of agree with Nabski though. I'm somewhere in the middle; the most memorable moments are the ones filled with the most emotion, whether positive or negative. Did That Guy do a really lame thing to figure out that I'm an antagonist? Yeah, I remember that for ages, it's infuriating. Did people cooperate with my dumb gimmick instead of just rule 4ing me immediately on finding out that i'm a heretic? I'm gonna remember that one, too.

p.s. fuck you for the first one sinful, and cheers to stereo for the second.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #671497

tl;dr we remember the things we remember
retired ss13 coderman
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #673506

one of my most memorable moments was when someone ahelped "TC trade me" and I made them upside down and blue for 20TC

idk how this relates to either theory but my other memorable moment was when the HoP walked in on me studiously and carefully dismantling his entire office down to empty plating walls included
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #680458

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:20 am -snip-