Clown/Mime features worth stealing

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Clown/Mime features worth stealing

Post by Helios » #668315

Is there any items or features related to Mimes or Clowns that appear on other servers that are worth copying?
I know how people here feel about Clown Cars
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Re: Clown/Mime features worth stealing

Post by nianjiilical » #668384

can we please steal the jestrographic sequencer from paradise

its a clown emag that does a bunch of silly annoying things and makes you wash clown goo out of airlock circuitry
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #668400

It seems like the "cmag" inverts door access (so a door only the captain can open would become a door only the captain can't open), changes the sound effect of pizza bombs, transforms other data disks into fake nuke discs, and makes ATMs (which we don't have) yell your credit card number over the public radio when used.
Its effects can be removed by cleaning the target with soap.
Honestly sounds kind of funny but I'd worry about its effects ballooning over time as people have more "wacky" ideas that end up being sort of annoying.

Also worth noting that this is a traitor item and clowns already have the most traitor items of any role by a large margin, but I guess that's what the topic is about anyway.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #668453

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:51 pm Also worth noting that this is a traitor item and clowns already have the most traitor items of any role by a large margin, but I guess that's what the topic is about anyway.
Doesn't necessarily have to be traitor items. Other servers might have neat things that spawn in the theatre or can be ordered from cargo.
► Show Spoiler
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #668474

Jacquerel wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:51 pm Also worth noting that this is a traitor item and clowns already have the most traitor items of any role by a large margin, but I guess that's what the topic is about anyway.
Feature not a bug. If this CMAG is as popular as the emag, guarantee it, and have a clown bundle. Give regular traitors to a bundle of clown items guaranteed, and add an additional clown bundle onto the bundle list. And that could also justify adding additional clown traitor items

I have seen clown ops before, they are entertaining. Also a clown bundle could also have a box of arcade prizes, which are designed to look like traitor items, so having real traitor items that look like comedy items, and fake traitor items that are arcade prizes
Last edited by Helios on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #668663

A injector that make people cluwne's, i don't think clown needs anymore specialty equipment already. I could think of so many items though, a can that releases "snakes" dont know if you can make snakes hostile so just basilisks, a grenade that makes everyone in the radius have clown shoes on permanently (only way to remove them is by cutting your leg off), also a special backpack that when put on someone will attach to the user and randomly slips the user. Enough said i think we should give mime some love, them having a invisible bomb would be so funny.