HOST CHANGES: EVERYTHING IS FINE (updated)

General SS13 Chat
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

HOST CHANGES: EVERYTHING IS FINE (updated)

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81308

MAJOR EDIT:

MrStonedOne (our site and forum admin) is now the server host. The headmin triumvirate election is still going. The headmin triumvirate will be the ultimate authority. A new Patreon will be set up by MrStonedOne to continue the crowdfunding efforts.

See everyone? I said everything would be fine and it is.
Last edited by QuartzCrystal on Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pomf123
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Pomf123

Re: CHANGES: Everything will be fine

Post by Pomf123 » #81310

DON'T PANIC
Spoiler:
PANIC
Septavius

Re: HOST CHANGES: Everything will be fine

Post by Septavius » #81312

Hold me, someone. Hold me close.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #81313

Sigh. Someone pushed him over. Prattling children.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #81314

WE DIDN'T LISTEN
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #81316

jeb 4 host 2015.

someone include me in epic conversation pls
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81317

This really isn't as complicated as it seems guys. We have a few different options, just trying to work out who is the best fit in which positions.

I want to stress that the headmin triumvirate will still exist and be the main authority on everything.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #81318

The highest praise anyone gets for doing the best job is "I'd think twice about murdering him in an alleyway for fun".

There is a serious problem with bias in this community, and it's against the people who actually put in the time to do the work.
I found myself in a situation where I was finally getting so angry and fed up with people that I was looking at the options available to me and the things people were accusing me of anyway

And decided I had better quit now before any of that starts to sound like an okay decision.

It's a shame because the majority of the playerbase are a bunch of happy-go-lucky game players who just want to play the fucking game in peace on the server. And we get along pretty great.
But there's this dried crust of smegma around the server that exist strictly to be assholes and stir shit up all the time. And for whatever fucking reason we just accept it like we somehow deserve all of this for pitching in. This is your thanks.

It's a shame because I think we tried harder than any other server to give people as close to exactly what they wanted here, and we got way more shit back than any other server for doing it.
I would strongly recommend everyone else pause for a second and reconsider what they're doing here and why. What they get back out of this dump for the amount of effort they put into it.
If you think anything of yourself beyond being completely worthless you wont be here much longer either.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #81321

Everyone involved in this needs to cut the shit immediately.

We don't need a massive drama blowout when we don't need it. You're better than that An0n3, don't ruin it now.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #81322

"people giving too much of a shit about video games"

Yes I knew that one already.

Anyway can we just have someone like... write a bot or something for keeping the server up to date and then do config file shit by community vote. As far as I can see beyond the financial aspect (which doesn't really need to be tied to a person in the traditional sense) those are the only "hard" requirements for a host in terms of keeping the server from falling all over itself.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81323

Incoming wrote:Anyway can we just have someone like... write a bot or something for keeping the server up to date and then do config file shit by community vote. As far as I can see beyond the financial aspect (which doesn't really need to be tied to a person in the traditional sense) those are the only "hard" requirements for a host in terms of keeping the server from falling all over itself.
This is kinda the direction we're going in right now. As I said, the triumvirate will be the ultimate authority.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81324

Public logs were something I was opposed to because I knew I could trust all of you. I kept an eye on you, you kept eyes on eachother. When anything ever happened, which was almost never, we caught it.
To say we need public logs is fucking shameful. It's a huge insult to our credibility and our trust that people could suggest that and folks would actually take it seriously.

Keep that in mind when the next guy is bartering away your honor and credibility to win brownie points with a community that is going to hate all of you forever anyway. When you're slogging through a bunch of bullshit FNR requests and admin complaints because you pushed a button or someone punched someone else remember that it's all fucking politics.

To have these same folks turn around and call me a tyrant because I trusted them and refused to sell them out and make their lives an even worse hell?

Are you shitting me?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #81325

Anon3, pls calm. Be the bigger, bearded man here.
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81327

Is locking the thread an example of your "unbiased global moderation"?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #81328

nerd fight
nerd fight
nerd fight
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81329

I locked my own the thread because you are shitposting in it. If you are going to quit, quit. There's no need to stick around and do this.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #81330

An0n3 you can have your obligatory rant on the way out but don't victimize people about private information.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #81331

Right, quick question.
>To have these same folks turn around and call me a tyrant because I trusted them and refused to sell them out and make their lives an even worse hell?
I remember SoS complaining about /tg/station drama spiraling into real life shit with death threats and so on. Is this what you guys have been dealing with or are we just talking about badminnery?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81332

After all the garbage I've put up with from folks over the years I've been here it's only fair I get a moment to give some of it back.
Sum Ting Wong wrote:Right, quick question.
>To have these same folks turn around and call me a tyrant because I trusted them and refused to sell them out and make their lives an even worse hell?
I remember SoS complaining about /tg/station drama spiraling into real life shit with death threats and so on. Is this what you guys have been dealing with or are we just talking about badminnery?
I've had people track me down and send me real threats before. Yeah.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #81333

An0n3 wrote:Is locking the thread an example of your "unbiased global moderation"?
http://i.imgur.com/5mSZR8o.png - as quartz stated. You're a forum admin, you have access to the moderation information.

Regardless, let's all keep this civil and productive.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #81334

so what is actually happening right now
an0n is quitting because personal reasons or something
do we have a host set up in the meantime
are there any more choices for hosts
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #81335

An0n3 wrote:After all the garbage I've put up with from folks over the years I've been here it's only fair I get a moment to give some of it back.
If I may ask, if you truly feel this way - why did you accept the host position in the first place? Or was it just forced upon you by SoS when he left?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81336

420weedscopes wrote:so what is actually happening right now
an0n is quitting because personal reasons or something
do we have a host set up in the meantime
are there any more choices for hosts
We may not even end up having a host in the traditional sense we've had before. As I said in the OP, a lot of people aren't home from work, etc yet so we're waiting on them.

Everything will continue to run smoothly and the headmin election will still happen.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #81337

Oh boy more high school drama.
Go to bed, An0n3. Go to bed, everybody.
Everyone is way too mad right now.

Fuck it, i'm going to bed too.
Goodnight drama.

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81338

Jeb wrote:
An0n3 wrote:After all the garbage I've put up with from folks over the years I've been here it's only fair I get a moment to give some of it back.
If I may ask, if you truly feel this way - why did you accept the host position in the first place? Or was it just forced upon you by SoS when he left?
Nobody else was here and someone had to do it fast. The server had two weeks to live and I was the only person in charge.
I needed to do as much as I could to get things funded, get people in chairs, and assure everyone that everything is going to be okay while this asshole chicken is running around telling everyone shit is fucked and shilling their server all over the place.

It was either become host or watch this place totally come undone while I waited for someone else to do it. Fuck that.

And now it wont. I can rant about how angry I am with confidence that the server will be fine without me because I set everything in motion. Someone else will start a crowd-funding inlet. People will donate to that because they know now that it works. Some of the folks I approved to run will get elected and they'll keep it together. Because if it weren't for Intigracy and I arguing about it with SoS ages ago we wouldn't have elections in the first place.

My only regret right now is not deadminning Tsaricide, NikNakFlak, and Sometinyprick for leaking logs to Singulo on my way out.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Pomf123
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Pomf123

Post by Pomf123 » #81340

An0n3 wrote: I needed to do as much as I could to get things funded, get people in chairs, and assure everyone that everything is going to be okay while this asshole chicken is running around telling everyone shit is fucked and shilling their server all over the place.
http://ss13.pomf.se/uploads/fukubitch.ogg
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #81341

An0n3 wrote:
Jeb wrote:
Nobody else was here and someone had to do it fast. The server had two weeks to live and I was the only person in charge.
I needed to do as much as I could to get things funded, get people in chairs, and assure everyone that everything is going to be okay while this asshole chicken is running around telling everyone shit is fucked and shilling their server all over the place.

It was either become host or watch this place totally come undone while I waited for someone else to do it. Fuck that.

And now it wont. I can rant about how angry I am with confidence that the server will be fine without me because I set everything in motion. Someone else will start a crowd-funding inlet. People will donate to that because they know now that it works. Some of the folks I approved to run will get elected and they'll keep it together. Because if it weren't for Intigracy and I arguing about it with SoS ages ago we wouldn't have elections in the first place.

My only regret right now is not deadminning Tsaricide, NikNakFlak, and Sometinyprick for leaking logs to Singulo on my way out.
but I never did that, leaked two lines told you about it that's it.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #81342

Who cares about some leaks? If you get to the point where your "trusted admins" feel the need to leak something to the public, then maybe the fault isnt with them.

Whatever. Lets see if the next host can last more than a month without getting so emotionally involved in such silly policies and conspiracy bullshit.
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #81346

If we're at the point where admins are getting blasted with harassment outside of /tg/station then I can totally understand why somebody might want to keep IRC leaks on lockdown.

:wetfloorsign:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #81347

So far i have only seen them get "blasted" when they have done something wrong. Then you get the insults from people who are always going to insult someone. Such is the internet. If you cannot filter that stuff out, then you have no business being in a position where you can get a lot of flak and attention for many people.
QuartzCrystal

Re: HOST CHANGES: EVERYTHING IS FINE (updated)

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81348

OP is now edited to reflect the new system.

Everyone rejoice, Quartz was telling the truth when he said things would be fine!
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #81349

All hail our new overload \o/

LONG MAY HE REIGN!
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81350

Alex Crimson wrote:All hail our new overload \o/

LONG MAY HE REIGN!
Not actually an overlord. We're in the process of voting for those.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81351

Alex Crimson wrote:Who cares about some leaks? If you get to the point where your "trusted admins" feel the need to leak something to the public, then maybe the fault isnt with them.

Whatever. Lets see if the next host can last more than a month without getting so emotionally involved in such silly policies and conspiracy bullshit.
If it's that easy why don't you try doing something?

You don't contribute to the rules or code and you don't contribute financially.
If you want to go down that road you should first admit that you are, yourself, worthless to the community.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #81354

Whelp. The host position is the ony one that actually needs a strongman in the job - no one else seems qualified or willing to do it.

RIP.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #81355

I think MSO would make a fine host.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #81358

An0n3 wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:Who cares about some leaks? If you get to the point where your "trusted admins" feel the need to leak something to the public, then maybe the fault isnt with them.

If you want to go down that road you should first admit that you are, yourself, worthless to the community.
By all means keep making yourself look worse. Not even going to bother replying to you after this.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81361

Alex Crimson wrote:
An0n3 wrote:

By all means keep making yourself look worse. Not even going to bother replying to you after this.
There's a difference between keeping your mouth shut because you're taking the high road and shutting the fuck up because you have nothing to say.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81362

OK now I am locking this thread for good, An0n3 has no site admin powers so he can't keep posting/unlocking it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81363

I still have admin powers. I've asked MSO to take them away. I removed myself from the in game admins and forum moderator groups but I can't self-terminate from administration.

The only one who died today was Alex Crimson

RIP.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81371

OK now it's actually over.

[youtube]0HDM3eYp4KQ[/youtube]
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #81375

I have never ever leaked logs to singulo. Everyone knows my stance against it and just throwing wild lies out with you leaving is disgusting. We didn't always get along but that doesn't mean you can be an asshole. I hope you stay gone an0n3.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #81382

This thread is locked now, posting mean rants like that when you know the other person can't respond is poor taste niknak, please don't.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #81384

Maybe he shouldn't be a buttblasted slanderer on his way out.