How would you describe every Tgstation server?

General SS13 Chat
Diasyl
Byond Username: Diasyl

How would you describe every Tgstation server?

Post by Diasyl » #672367

For my time in the Tgstation I have noticed one thing, a "hostility" between Manuel and every other server (at least people talk about it). This especially is happening with any change that adds some kind of RP mechanic, restriction or such.

As a Manuel mainer now would like to hear everything about every other server, so I want you all to describe every server - simply. And I'm not against hearing about your takes on the Manuel as well.
Captain can only be in two places - Bridge and the Morgue :capid: :revolver:
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Re: How would you describe every Tgstation server?

Post by LeekiLoku » #672436

Diasyl wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:53 am For my time in the Tgstation I have noticed one thing, a "hostility" between Manuel and every other server (at least people talk about it). This especially is happening with any change that adds some kind of RP mechanic, restriction or such.

As a Manuel mainer now would like to hear everything about every other server, so I want you all to describe every server - simply. And I'm not against hearing about your takes on the Manuel as well.
I mean if you can roleplay well then manuel is for you, me on the other hand i cant so i play sybil. Manuelmins seem to have it worse than any other admins. Just because the server is MRP, or at least i think so.

Sybil is chaotic, you get slipped and firelock crushed at looking at a person. Most assistants will tide into security just for the drip. If you get use to Sybil thought its not that bad, I heard terry was worse. My experience with terry everyone was so nice, i was a antagonist and killed 15 people and cap just said "they are replacable"
Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #672441

LeekiLoku wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:25 pm
Diasyl wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:53 am For my time in the Tgstation I have noticed one thing, a "hostility" between Manuel and every other server (at least people talk about it). This especially is happening with any change that adds some kind of RP mechanic, restriction or such.

I mean if you can roleplay well then manuel is for you, me on the other hand i cant so i play sybil. Manuelmins seem to have it worse than any other admins. Just because the server is MRP, or at least i think so.

Sybil is chaotic, you get slipped and firelock crushed at looking at a person. Most assistants will tide into security just for the drip. If you get use to Sybil thought its not that bad, I heard terry was worse. My experience with terry everyone was so nice, i was a antagonist and killed 15 people and cap just said "they are replacable"
The only server I've been to beside Manuel is Terry, I just got into it to sit for 1 hour to unlock the Manuel LMAO.
From what I seen there for that 1 hour, is that hallways are not the safest place with people jumping off firelocks chasing me.
Also HoPs really don't care who and when to appoint, as I was viro, but HoP appointed some geneticist hulk to a viro as well.
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #672444

Diasyl wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:45 pm

The only server I've been to beside Manuel is Terry, I just got into it to sit for 1 hour to unlock the Manuel LMAO.
From what I seen there for that 1 hour, is that hallways are not the safest place with people jumping off firelocks chasing me.
Also HoPs really don't care who and when to appoint, as I was viro, but HoP appointed some geneticist hulk to a viro as well.
Also the reason why campbell is empty is because EU cant roleplay
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #672461

Should've ahelped it.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #672566

Sybil and Terry are fairly similar. It used to be that Terry was just Sybil except more structured - a more structured and organized command, sec, and medbay which resulted in a bit more of a controlled environment especially for antags. But it's more or less equalized in that regard. Now the main difference is Terry is like a hornier Sybil with Russian accents and lots of bald white assistants. It's also a bit more energetic, but that might just be because the pop gets to 80-90 fairly often.

Manuel is much different obviously. People are a good bit more conflict-averse but on the flipside they're nicer so you will (probably) get tilted less playing there - particularly if dying pisses you off. There's less chaos due to the antag restrictions but that lends itself to longer round times and better ability to explore in your job.

Bagil now is sorta like a little lowpop community of players that either do their own thing or, pop permitting, interact in a wholesome way. There are also a few super dedicated admins that run fun events pretty often.

Campbell is where you go to pursue massive longterm projects that could take several hours to complete.
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #672623

I only play these days for player interactions and interesting/exciting situations born of player agency, so my thoughts are with that in mind.

Manuel is cool, people are nice and often willing to engage in whatever nonsense I may have cooked up. I try to be like that myself, so I appreciate those people. Manuel rounds can often be a little too slow for my taste.

On sybil and terry it’s more of a mix of people, a good amount will just not engage with what you do and that can be pretty disheartening. Sybil rounds usually have the perfect amount of action for me. It’s been my preferred server for years.

Looking at things pessimistically, whereas sybil and terry have NRP assholes, manuel has obnoxious snowflake crybabies. All servers have their own gems. Ultimately, none of these three are that different.

I didn’t mention Bagil because it’s a completely different experience from the other three currently. Whereas high pop and pop chasers unites the other three servers, Bagil doesn’t have that, so it’s a good bit more insular. I unfortunately don’t have a stomach for deadpop anymore, but you should try it out. It’s a unique culture and server that functions a little differently since most dynamics like jobs or authority don’t matter as much when there’s so few people.
[this space reserved]
Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #672704

Turbonerd wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:41 pm

Should've ahelped it.
I don't see something extremely horrible in HoP appointing second viro when there is already one, although it did make me slightly irritated IC that someone is taking away my job.
Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #672705

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:25 pm Sybil and Terry are fairly similar. It used to be that Terry was just Sybil except more structured - a more structured and organized command, sec, and medbay which resulted in a bit more of a controlled environment especially for antags. But it's more or less equalized in that regard. Now the main difference is Terry is like a hornier Sybil with Russian accents and lots of bald white assistants. It's also a bit more energetic, but that might just be because the pop gets to 80-90 fairly often.

Manuel is much different obviously. People are a good bit more conflict-averse but on the flipside they're nicer so you will (probably) get tilted less playing there - particularly if dying pisses you off. There's less chaos due to the antag restrictions but that lends itself to longer round times and better ability to explore in your job.

Bagil now is sorta like a little lowpop community of players that either do their own thing or, pop permitting, interact in a wholesome way. There are also a few super dedicated admins that run fun events pretty often.

Campbell is where you go to pursue massive longterm projects that could take several hours to complete.
So you wanna Terry is not the most anarchist? Or at least wasn't. I think most of the bald assistants and Russian accents come from the fact that it's a European server, and because YouTubers of course (As Livrah is Russian, and from what I seen he is popular in Russians)
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #676048

sybil is cranky
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #676130

a lot of my living hours are on manuel:
i like the other servers but manuel gives me time to do longer gimmicks that need more prep
for the community side of things:
manuellites are really cynical
terry players are decent they just no attention span
respect (let him do his thing)
Diasyl

Post by Diasyl » #676492

kinnebian wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:44 am

a lot of my living hours are on manuel:
i like the other servers but manuel gives me time to do longer gimmicks that need more prep
for the community side of things:
manuellites are really cynical
terry players are decent they just no attention span
Cynical you say? Can you elaborate?
Chadley
Byond Username: Armodias

Post by Chadley » #676679

Basil is full of players who spend hours on low-pop becoming the most dangerous assistants known to man. Eating the threat there might as well be eating a bullet.
Sybil is cool I guess.
► Show Spoiler