/tg/Station13 is crowd funded! Find out how to contribute here [Updated March 2023]

General SS13 Chat
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

/tg/Station13 is crowd funded! Find out how to contribute here [Updated March 2023]

Post by MrStonedOne » #81439

Patreon: https://patreon.com/tgstation (Recurring only, supports discord roles)

(New!) SubScribeStar: https://subscribestar.com/tgstation (Recurring only, does not yet support discord roles)

(New!) Ko-fi: https://ko-fi.com/tgstation (Recurring or one time, does not yet support discord roles, no fees for one time donations)

Bitcoin: 35s7xi3DNn2UGrCoRw5U4SFP7BxD3yYgHi

Patreon Donors may link their discord account on patreon to get a special role and display color on discord that grants the use of external emojis, but they must select a tier to get this automatically assigned to them. If the other platforms see enough use i'll enable this on those platforms too.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: TGSTATION IS CROWD FUNDED

Post by Incomptinence » #81450

Why should I trust yo... ? Fuck I already pledged.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #81455

Incomptinence wrote:Why should I trust yo... ? Fuck I already pledged.
we can trust the redditmin not to run away with our shekels
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #81458

I'll give $5/month later. Good luck.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #81478

If it gets to 420 you should add a new 420 board style to celebrate.
Hey.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #81484

>needing $120/m for a cdn

nigga pls
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #81547

Jeb wrote:>needing $120/m for a cdn

nigga pls
where are you getting 120 from?

its about 50 bucks more then the last upgrade
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #81582

MrStonedOne wrote:
Jeb wrote:>needing $120/m for a cdn

nigga pls
where are you getting 120 from?

its about 50 bucks more then the last upgrade
Was counting from the current amount -> cdn goal.

May I ask why does /tg/station need a dedi for the webserver anyway? Perhaps we can get together on irc or voice chat or something sometime and mash heads together regarding tech stuff?
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #81592

Jeb wrote:May I ask why does /tg/station need a dedi for the webserver anyway?
I mean, I can't say we do, other than that it would speed up the fact that it takes the wiki a full second to load any page, on top of network transfer times.

I live 30 miles from the server the wiki is on, I have 20ms ping to it, and it takes me a second and a half to load any page on the wiki. I can't imagine how bad it is for some people a lot further away. The slow loading times on the wiki's page has been the only thing i've been unhappy about as a system admin.

I put the cdn higher than the dedicated server because that takes quite a bit more effort to setup, so i wanted to give me a bit more warning before we reached it.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #81594

Any possible way you could give me a copy/backup of the wiki? I'd like to throw it into a testbed and see if perhaps a different configuration could fix it?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #81617

Forwarded the overages I had from the patreon account to your paypal.

Word of advice for you and for anyone donating or considering donating:
The pledge amount can be misleading. It's actually pretty easy for someone to say they'll donate an amount and then not come through.
The schedule for receiving payments is a little wonky too, I was sweating bullets waiting for a bunch of things to clear and things were closer than I would've liked them to be.
Having more people donate smaller amounts is much more preferable because it prevents any single person from being able to back out at the last minute and fuck everything over.
Anyone donating more than $10 should consider not doing that to encourage others to cough it up first. You probably think you're being super nice but you're actually fucking it up and it puts too much responsibility in a single person's hands.
...unless you're actually trying to position yourself so you can someday suddenly remove your funding at the last minute and fuck everyone else over. Then you're doing it exactly right. And you're a jerk.
Asking for more than the server actually costs to host is prettymuch necessary in order to ensure people donate enough to actually cover the fucking thing + build up a little overage in case people back out or things take too long to be processed.

Of course everyone will think you're a big fat phony who is scamming them out of their social security tugboat but I think there's a special hell for people who steal money from retards.
If you do it at least spend some of it on a Sonichu medallion.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #81644

An0n3 wrote:If you do it at least spend some of it on a Sonichu medallion.
at long last the truth comes out
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #81654

Nienhaus wrote:If it gets to 420 you should add a new 420 board style to celebrate.
why 420 blaze it when you can sugar glaze it
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81732

Ricotez wrote:
An0n3 wrote:If you do it at least spend some of it on a Sonichu medallion.
at long last the truth comes out
The time has come to finally expose the conspiracy.

The server is in CWC Ville.
Chris Chan was behind it all the entire time.
His medallion absorbs autistic brainwaves throughout the earth giving him powers to physically assault people in shopping malls.
/tg/station13 was setup to give him more power.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #81735

Anon3 are you secretly chris chan's unleashed form?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #81743

An0n3 I still see your patreon in my creator feed.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81754

Yes I am Shin-Chris.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #81775

An0n3 wrote:Forwarded the overages I had from the patreon account to your paypal.

Word of advice for you and for anyone donating or considering donating:
The pledge amount can be misleading. It's actually pretty easy for someone to say they'll donate an amount and then not come through.
The schedule for receiving payments is a little wonky too, I was sweating bullets waiting for a bunch of things to clear and things were closer than I would've liked them to be.
Having more people donate smaller amounts is much more preferable because it prevents any single person from being able to back out at the last minute and fuck everything over.
Anyone donating more than $10 should consider not doing that to encourage others to cough it up first. You probably think you're being super nice but you're actually fucking it up and it puts too much responsibility in a single person's hands.
...unless you're actually trying to position yourself so you can someday suddenly remove your funding at the last minute and fuck everyone else over. Then you're doing it exactly right. And you're a jerk.
Asking for more than the server actually costs to host is prettymuch necessary in order to ensure people donate enough to actually cover the fucking thing + build up a little overage in case people back out or things take too long to be processed.

Of course everyone will think you're a big fat phony who is scamming them out of their social security tugboat but I think there's a special hell for people who steal money from retards.
If you do it at least spend some of it on a Sonichu medallion.
it would be all well and nice if we had fourteen people to donate ten bucks each
but we don't, if you discounted the "large" donations the funding would be at 50 dollars.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81778

oranges wrote:An0n3 I still see your patreon in my creator feed.
Don't know what to tell you. I canceled it as best the service would let me. My account has no way of collecting or depositing funds.

If you're still seeing stop subscribing to it or patronizing it or whatever.
Sometinyprick wrote:it would be all well and nice if we had fourteen people to donate ten bucks each
but we don't, if you discounted the "large" donations the funding would be at 50 dollars.
Yeah, because everyone is being stupid and donating large sums, and everyone else who might donate those $10 amounts sees that things are being funded fine and decides they'd rather save up for that bad dragon purchase they've needed to fill the void in their colon since I quit.

The server should be paid up until the 6th of May. That gives you guys almost a whole month to back your donations back down to something reasonable and see if other people will step forward and donate. If they don't? By all means be a "whale" of /tg/station and jack your donation back up. No harm done.

It's not fucking rocket science here.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #81788

Donation: $230 per month
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #82130

I don't have a job. :(
An0n3 wrote:social security tugboat
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #82151

Since the host doesn't pay the bills anymore, it would make sense if the Host Headmin appointment (that is currently in possesion of Coderbus due to inertia) got handed off to the server patrons- not like in a "you paid this much so get this many votes", but "if you pledge X dollars you get a single vote no you cannot have another".

Even if it doesn't- if the Host position is now just a primarily technical one that no longer pays the bills, giving them their own headmin appointee doesn't make much sense (No offense is intended to the honorable stonermin, it's just a point of policy). The third headmin should either be a player vote, a patron vote, or definitively set down as a coder vote rather than a host appointment.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master

Post by Sometinyprick » #82189

Drynwyn wrote:Since the host doesn't pay the bills anymore, it would make sense if the Host Headmin appointment (that is currently in possesion of Coderbus due to inertia) got handed off to the server patrons- not like in a "you paid this much so get this many votes", but "if you pledge X dollars you get a single vote no you cannot have another".

Even if it doesn't- if the Host position is now just a primarily technical one that no longer pays the bills, giving them their own headmin appointee doesn't make much sense (No offense is intended to the honorable stonermin, it's just a point of policy). The third headmin should either be a player vote, a patron vote, or definitively set down as a coder vote rather than a host appointment.
I think this would be a good idea as long as the donators themselves can not be considered for this vote.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #82392

Drynwyn wrote:Since the host doesn't pay the bills anymore, it would make sense if the Host Headmin appointment (that is currently in possesion of Coderbus due to inertia) got handed off to the server patrons- not like in a "you paid this much so get this many votes", but "if you pledge X dollars you get a single vote no you cannot have another".

No jesus christ no never holy shit why.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #82394

Don't make it a patreon specific thing, that can go badly wrong quickly, whenever money is involved you have to be extra careful.
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #82415

Honestly, I wouldn't give any kind of power at all to people who donate. I don't really want to see people try to game the system in bullshit way to try to gain influence, and I really don't want to see drama stemming from people feeling like their donation was worth nothing because more people who donated were against something they wanted. It's just a huge, looming clusterfuck of drama that'll most likely have severe negative effects on the server.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #82419

Pay to influence is the last thing we need
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #82450

Konork wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't give any kind of power at all to people who donate. I don't really want to see people try to game the system in bullshit way to try to gain influence, and I really don't want to see drama stemming from people feeling like their donation was worth nothing because more people who donated were against something they wanted. It's just a huge, looming clusterfuck of drama that'll most likely have severe negative effects on the server.
I don't even think singulo could handle the level of drama this would create
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #82458

Give the host's vote to singulo.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #82486

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Give the host's vote to singulo.
They would vote for HG to fuck with us.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #82491

callanrockslol wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Give the host's vote to singulo.
They would vote for HG to fuck with us.
And that is different from they way it is now, how?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #82501

This is getting way off topic now. Can we keep it to questions regarding the CURRENT crowd funding situation.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #82738

who is the stonermin mso
is it you or is it me
what's in the box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #82919

^Not a haiku. I am disappoint.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #82944

who is the stonermin
is it me or you
it's snowing on mount fuji
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #82964

420weedscopes wrote:who is the stonermin
is it me or you
it's snowing on mount fuji
Hahahhaha ok now it's a haiku.
(Desperate trying not to laugh out loud in the office, ok trying not to laugh out loud more, ok trying not to laugh out louder)

That was great comment.
You really made me laugh lots
It's snowing on mount fuji
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #83179

Aren't haikus 5-7-5? 'It snows on Fuji' might work.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #83211

TheNightingale wrote:Aren't haikus 5-7-5? 'It snows on Fuji' might work.
Uh oh 420, we got the Haiku Police on us!
Quick grab their radio before they can call in a 577!

(If you haven't guessed already we're referencing something)
Spoiler:
This if your curious
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
RocKeD
Byond Username: Rocked

Post by RocKeD » #86539

I'm not sure if this would be feasible or not but if we do make it to 420 you should hire someone to just optimize code, for increased performance. Having someone dedicated to this in my opinion would be great, and I think we could see a few speed improvements to the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #86896

You'd need to pay them more than roughly 250-300 a month.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #86921

RocKeD wrote:I'm not sure if this would be feasible or not but if we do make it to 420 you should hire someone to just optimize code, for increased performance. Having someone dedicated to this in my opinion would be great, and I think we could see a few speed improvements to the game.
Phil duz it for freeeee
RocKeD
Byond Username: Rocked

Post by RocKeD » #86973

oranges wrote:You'd need to pay them more than roughly 250-300 a month.
Not if it's someone from the community necessarily. You could hold kinda like a contest where whoever gets the best performance increase gets 1st place, and have a cash prize for 1st - 3rd place. When -tg- has extra money these could be held.
Over time we should theoretically gain quiet a bit of performance as this would drive people to redo / optimize sections of code instead of just tweaking it here and there.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #89920

I wouldn't be opposed to cash rewards for code optimization, because unlike "who made the best contribution to the codebase" or "who did the best X", how much you reduce processing load can be objectively measured to prevent drama.

It's hard to call "whaaaaa favoritism whaaaaa circlejerk" on "his number is smaller, so he gets the prize."
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Agouri
Byond Username: Agouri

Post by Agouri » #96525

This is an Open Source project and code has been written under a license.

I urge nobody here to give nothing on this patreon bullshit unless this man starts posting receipts of where he spends every penny.

I'm not saying this aggressively. For an Open Source project that has a patreon, this is needed.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #96527

The patreon and the code are completely different. This is entirely for the server.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #96541

Agouri wrote:This is an Open Source project and code has been written under a license.

I urge nobody here to give nothing on this patreon bullshit unless this man starts posting receipts of where he spends every penny.

I'm not saying this aggressively. For an Open Source project that has a patreon, this is needed.
Did you really just make an account so you could post this
Because it's hilarious that if you would've read any part of the actual patron instead of just running your mouth, you would've seen that's it's for the server
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #96542

It's just Agouri being Agouri
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #96655

MisterPerson wrote:The patreon and the code are completely different. This is entirely for the server.
:^)
tedward1337 wrote:
Agouri wrote:This is an Open Source project and code has been written under a license.

Because it's hilarious that if you would've read any part of the actual patron instead of just running your mouth, you would've seen that's it's for the server
He's right though, there should be transparency at all times when it comes with money. A lot of WoW private servers show exactly where all they money goes, and it would be pretty good to know where this money goes as well.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #97062

ColonicAcid wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:The patreon and the code are completely different. This is entirely for the server.
:^)
tedward1337 wrote:

He's right though, there should be transparency at all times when it comes with money. A lot of WoW private servers show exactly where all they money goes, and it would be pretty good to know where this money goes as well.
Yeah I would like to see this too
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #100741

Cash: $250 a month for the hire of the server

$The Rest: Some paypal account used to cover shortfall or whatever

My best guess