What does Syndicate station look like?

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

What does Syndicate station look like?

Post by Helios » #683428

If Centcomm Space Station 13 we all know and love is the Thesis, what would Syndicate stations full of Syndicate personnel be like as an Antithesis?
Would they have the same departments? Same jobs?
Last edited by Helios on Mon May 01, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: What does Syndicate station look like?

Post by Bawhoppennn » #683431

Since the Syndicate is just the coalition of rival companies, presumably their only stations would be military/strategic posts to feud with Nanotrasen. Then each of the individual companies would have stations befitting of their individual industries.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #683481

Yeah there probably isnt a station populated by mixed groups in more than trace amounts.
They are a loose coalition some of whom only dislike each other slightly less than they dislike NT
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #683494

this does not answer the question but i remember when i was a tiny little player and barely knew what was going on, an admin spawned a custom syndicate ship and gave us all a GPS signal
it was a kind of lowpop round for sybil and he also got 2 people to play syndicate agents who then kidnapped us and tied us up. at one moment they left for enough time one of us had removed his cuffs, and we also had a slime who was throwing up shit and one of the things they threw up was one of the hellfire sprays. so the one who broke free sprayed one of the agents and pushed them onto cryo, locking them in. dude took it like a champ for the sake of roleplay

i don't remember much else but in the end we got blown up by the station with their BSA but that is probably still my best round ever. the ship looked really cool and i don't remember which admin did it but i'm forever thankful to them and the two bad guys who played the role in a non-sweaty way
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #683497

I'd like to imagine that its a grouping of - and this the particular bit - weaker companies. NT is a shark in comparison, or at least needs to be. Otherwise why would so many corps come together?
Hugs
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #683540

Helios wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:21 am If Centcomm Space Station 13 we all know and love is the Thesis, what would Syndicate stations full of Syndicate personnel be like as an Antithesis?
Syndicate Station 13 is a laser-focused station that ONLY does one or two things but does them really well, as opposed to nanotrasen's conglomerate hellscape where they try to do everything and it all goes wrong all the time. Also, they use actually state of the art tech because they aren't fucking cheapskates.
See: the syndicate outpost on lavaland.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #683557

Helios wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:21 am If Centcomm Space Station 13 we all know and love is the Thesis, what would Syndicate stations full of Syndicate personnel be like as an Antithesis?
If you wanted to keep the ss13 format, I imagine a fleet of ships. Each ship is a different corporation, and consists of 1 or 2 departments.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #684038

One map ruin I was working on before I pissed so much weed I lost my job offer was a Syndicate blacksite.

They're just random corporations (or organizations), so it'd mostly be the PMC groups stations and ships with no civilian uses, then the corporation's civilian production facilities and factories and stuff. Another ruin was, in fact, a factory. It is almost done!
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #685057

massa wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:46 pm One map ruin I was working on before I pissed so much weed I lost my job offer was a Syndicate blacksite.
If anything unemployment ought to improve your map production time.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #685079

dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:52 am
massa wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:46 pm One map ruin I was working on before I pissed so much weed I lost my job offer was a Syndicate blacksite.
You can be sure I am much less inclined to explore my creative outlets and expend effort in the pits of depression and poverty!
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
dirk_mcblade
Byond Username: Dirk_McBlade

Post by dirk_mcblade » #685118

massa wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:03 am
dirk_mcblade wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:52 am
You can be sure I am much less inclined to explore my creative outlets and expend effort in the pits of depression and poverty!
https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M