B-Donk's Art Request Thread (Queue currently closed!)

General SS13 Chat
BangingDonk
Byond Username: BangingDonk

B-Donk's Art Request Thread (Queue currently closed!)

Post by BangingDonk » #83911

[center]QUEUE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING!
There's a ton of folks in there right now and she'd like to at least get a chance to get it at least below double digits before more folks get added. Folks can still talk and do whatever and whatnot, but please hold requests until we're open again![/center][/color]

(I posted this in it's own thing because I didn't want to clutter up the existing art thread with a bunch of stuff from one person, even if it's been mostly idle! If admins have issue with that, please, move by all means!)

So, my wife draws a fair bit, and sometimes, she looks for prompts based on stuff she wouldn't normally seek out on her own! She's also expressed interest in drawing simple sketches of folks from SS13, as she tried out /tg/ before and while it wasn't really her thing, she still thinks it's pretty darn interesting.

So here's how it goes! Folks can post requests of their characters, either here or to my Skype (Both at BangingDonk), and every once in a while, she'll scoop up three or four of 'em and draw em. Preference is given to folks who haven't had their character(s) drawn yet, but you can submit folks as you please. Please keep it to SS13 /tg/ servers, though. NOTE: I just found out that I can't actually copy and paste from Byond which basically makes it worthless for this. Please stick to the forums either in this thread or via PM or Skype!

For request stuff, there's some stuff that's helpful!
  • Character name (and optionally Byond key).
  • Most archetypical outfit for the character.
  • Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing.
  • Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers.
  • For lizards, if you've got an unusual snout shape, head crests, if you have ears at all, tail style, and whether or not you're plantigrade or digitigrade.
  • A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd".
  • Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes.
Dunno how long this will go on for, but she's already done a couple so I figure that it's worth putting a semi-permanent repository out there for things!

Currently in the Queue:
None! We did it! Watch this space for openings later!
Last edited by BangingDonk on Sat May 02, 2015 4:21 am, edited 18 times in total.
BangingDonk

Re: B-Donk's Art Request Thread

Post by BangingDonk » #83912

Post 1: Balm-in-Hand and Takes-a-Coin, warmup sketch.
Last edited by BangingDonk on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #83913

Post 2: Lisa Thompson.
Last edited by BangingDonk on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #83914

Post 3: Stan Studnick.
Last edited by BangingDonk on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #83915

Post 4: Kicks-the-Bucket.
Last edited by BangingDonk on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #83919

David Whyvenyr, David273
Botanist
6'1 feet tall, 190 lbs, average, very pale skin, black eyes, blonde bedhead hair.
Beaker of mutagen and dropper over a tray of kudzu.
Annoyed, I guess.
Spoiler:
AND SUPER HAPPY BONUS PICTURE TIME Warning: Old and not that great
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #83936

Post 5: Lindsay Donk.
Last edited by BangingDonk on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #83949

Post 6: Luck Surname (feat. special guest and mustache)Image
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #83958

Post 7: Davis Whyvenyr.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #84023

These are simply great, there's really no other words to describe how awesome this is.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84027

You know how to lizard. That is good.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #84032

Character name (and optionally Byond key). = BORIS PEPPER / BLUESPACE
Most archetypical outfit for the character. = ASSISTANT UNIFORM
Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing. = AVERAGE HEIGHT, HAS FAIRLY STOCKY ARMS. IS NOT SLIM BUT NOT FAT, KINDA INBETWEEN. HAS DARK BROWN EYES.
Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers. = TOOLBOXERINO.
For lizards, if you've got an unusual snout shape, head crests, if you have ears at all, tail style, and whether or not you're plantigrade or digitigrade.
A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd". = GREYTIDER. USUALLY BEATING SOMEONE TO DEATH WITH A TOOLBOX. HATES EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, BUT ENJOYS HATING THEM.
Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes. = http://puu.sh/hquey/83a14de08e.png
http://puu.sh/hqueT/7b11d1e9b1.png
I play Boris Pepper.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #84046

•Character name (and optionally Byond key). Jazmin Malcovich / Thunder12345
•Most archetypical outfit for the character. Sexy mime suit, kitty ears and jackboots, no mask
•Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing. Dark red hair (Dyed), 5'6, 65kg, lean, moderately muscular, lightly tanned, orange eyes, flat chested.
•Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers. Glass of rum,
NSFW:
Lindsay Donk
•For lizards, if you've got an unusual snout shape, head crests, if you have ears at all, tail style, and whether or not you're plantigrade or digitigrade. Not a lizard
•A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd". Tough, loyal, impulsive
•Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes. http://puu.sh/hqzry/df26034b84.png
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #84053

Character name (and optionally Byond key) Sigun Redbeard -- Venticuiliar
Most archetypical outfit for the character. Scientist's labcoat
Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing. Shorter than Average height, kind of potbellied/fat, stocky, Dark/Mediterranean, Cherry Red Dwarf Beard and bald
Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers. Scientist's goggles, Strange Objects
For lizards, if you've got an unusual snout shape, head crests, if you have ears at all, tail style, and whether or not you're plantigrade or digitigrade.
A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd". Mad Scientist
Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes. Sorry, don't really take screenshots
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #84088

Character name: Rube Sommer -- Cheimon
Typical outfit: Security Uniform with breath mask on chest.
Basic characteristics: 5 foot 11, average weight, blue eyes, pale white, red hair of medium length, clean shaven.
Common props: taser, flashbang.
Personality: clumsy, often out of breath, pedantic about chasing up infringers of The Law.
Dr. Aura
Byond Username: Dr. Aura

Post by Dr. Aura » #84092

Character name (and optionally Byond key). = INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS-And-Ebony/Dr. Aura
Most archetypical outfit for the character. = Warden Outfit (Warden Beret, Formal Uniform, Armored Jacket)
Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing. = 6'3", 230lbs, fairly built muscularly but not DYEL SWOLEFEG WHERE IS MY WHEY, color scheme to follow in image ref
Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers. = Bottle of Wine/Book of Space Law. You can even go Sartre, Neichze or Miller if you wanted to, take your pick to which title!
For lizards, if you've got an unusual snout shape, head crests, if you have ears at all, tail style, and whether or not you're plantigrade or digitigrade = No ears, nothing unusual around the body. If anything, tail has a darkened gradient down it's length which will be shown in the image reference, feet don't matter because jackboots, but assume plantigrade.
A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd" = Calm in stance, maybe a shit eating grin or genuine, small smile. SEChud is at your discretion, but he sometimes goes without it.
Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes. = http://i.imgur.com/1nIWcmb.png
Image Image
KNIGHT-COMMANDER OF THE ORDOM OF THE SHORT REPLY
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #84097

Spoiler:
My euphoria knows no bounds. I'm going to go make those lines solid and maybe finish coloring it for you. Thanks a million, friend!
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84099

Have fun! If you ever want the original clipstudio file, OR photoshop format, I can provide it for you.
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84101

Wow, once this round closes up, I'm going to have to just seriously standardize where requests get sent and so on, hunting around like five different places and trying to organize them by time is basically NIGHTMARE MODE
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #84102

Character name (and optionally Byond key). = Van Skorvold/Skorvold

Most archetypical outfit for the character.
= Grey Jumpsuit

Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing. = 6'0. Green Eyes, 200lbs, Stocky.

Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers. = Hand-Teleporter

A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd". = Thrill-Seeker, always looking to cause trouble or dick around, hates silicons.

Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes.
= http://puu.sh/hq4bL/46c3eccc68.png
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #84104

For some reason the image embedding is being a bitch so have a link instead. http://imgur.com/8z8Dno2

I'll start coloring it tomorrow or something as I'm rather exhausted from doing this.

The kudzu was Hitler to draw, by the way.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84105

[center]QUEUE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING!
There's a ton of folks in there right now and she'd like to at least get a chance to get it at least below double digits before more folks get added. Folks can still talk and do whatever and whatnot, but please hold requests until we're open again![/center][/color]
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84106

ShadowDimentio wrote:For some reason the image embedding is being a bitch so have a link instead. http://imgur.com/8z8Dno2

I'll start coloring it tomorrow or something as I'm rather exhausted from doing this.

The kudzu was Hitler to draw, by the way.
It's looking good! And she agrees, the kudzu was about fifty hitlers.
ShadowDimentio

Re: B-Donk's Art Request Thread (Queue currently closed!)

Post by ShadowDimentio » #84168

http://imgur.com/953e1yl

It's done, and I'm quite satisfied with the results.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #84172

She looks like a teenager from a high school mechanics class with a thing for heavy metal.

I love it already! :D
Also
BangingDonk wrote:
Spoiler:
GOTTA GOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEImage[/
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84263

Batch of five today!

Post 8: Richter Harrison

Post 9: Boris Pepper

Post 10: Miku Frost

Post 11: Jazmin Malcovich

Post 12: Sigun Redbeard
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #84293

Oh wow, thanks. That is too adorable.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84296

Holy shit this are amazing! I really like her style too. Does she do anything illustrator related for a living or is this just an awesome talent she has?

Does she have a website or anything where I could see more of her work? I'd be interested to see some.
I'll definitely be applying for the list when it gets opened again!

EDIT: Might as well stick my app here:

Character name (and optionally Byond key): Nomi Dealen (peoplearestrange)
Most archetypical outfit for the character: Head Of Security
Basic physical characteristics, like approximate height, weight, build, skin tone, eye color, that sort of thing. Fairly slim and wirey, tallish. seems to be tough despite her lanky apperence (think tank girl)
Common props that go along with the character, like stun batons, crowbars, honk-burgers.:laser rifle or e-gun. Red sec beret. Sec-Hud Glasses.
A little about their personality, or a couple of keywords to work with when doing the image like "Stern" or "Turbonerd". A punky kid who's fairly relaxed but won't take no shit. Enjoys bringing in the greytiders with pleasure and enjoys people giving her a reason for a bit of shit-sec bruality.
Photo references are pretty helpful too, even if they're as simple as just a snapshot of their current sprite, just for color matching purposes. http://imgur.com/5M950OY
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84298

Or is it not a talent, but a skill you practice for the simple sake of being able to do neat stuff?

(Also, you are hereby compelled to do all of the lizards ever. GODDAMMIT YOUR LIZARDS.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #84299

DemonFiren wrote: (Also, you are hereby compelled to do all of the lizards ever. GODDAMMIT YOUR LIZARDS.)
Yeah her Lizard style is amazing! Really full of character!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #84302

I like the art style of these pictures, good work!
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #84305

You have brought Boris pepper to life.
It is beautiful.
I am crying with joy.
I play Boris Pepper.
Venticular
Byond Username: Venticuiliar

Post by Venticular » #84318

Wow! Amazing! It's exactly like I thought it was going to be. I will frame this and keep it forever.

This is almost a t a level of craftsmanship of the dwarves. They are proud.
My characters are Frank Lowe and Mel Cousins. I also play as CORION OS, the AI and Brainstorm the borg.
"I don't fail at much, but caring is one of them" -some guy

I'm actually back now bitches!
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #84358

This is great amazing GODLY, it really "fits" SS13. I'll probably sign up when the queue re-opens.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Desucake
Byond Username: Desucake

Post by Desucake » #84368

Oh wow thats just awesome, you made her perfectly. I might try to color a little bit, not sure though, if that's ok.:P
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84374

Desucake wrote:Oh wow thats just awesome, you made her perfectly. I might try to color a little bit, not sure though, if that's ok.:P
Go for it!
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #84396

Amazing artwork, really fits the theme of ss13.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84415

Brief Q&A stuff!
A lot of folks have asked about some of her influences and whatnot. I know that when I describe a lot of SS13 stuff, I tend to put it through the lens of Paranoia, especially the XP edition, just in the sense of this Orwellian slapstick routine. It's not the sole influence, but it definitely colors things to some degree.

The tools of the trade so far have been a sketchbook and mechanical pencil, followed up by a tiny bit of postprocessing of the scan itself in PS4 to get rid of any grainy crap that got picked up by the scanner, and the color work and any line retouching in Clip Studio Paint.

Folks are free to do whatever they like with the sketches, short of shitty things like saying they drew it and/or trying to make money off of it somehow or something. C'mon, don't be a shit.

While she doesn't do it professionally, she's been drawing for most of her life, and does a darn fine job of it in my opinion. She takes commissions, too.

For example: a smaller version of one of her more finished pieces from a few years back.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84735

Wow, yeah. This is all really good, solid stuff!
BangingDonk wrote: this Orwellian slapstick routine.
This is a fucking perfect description.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #84758

Literally space station 13.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
SvartaSvansen
Byond Username: Svarta Svansen

Post by SvartaSvansen » #84779

Created a forum account just now just so I could comment in this thread.

B-Donk, I know I've told you before, but your wife is an amazing artist and captures these characters wonderfully! I literally lost the ability to breathe for a while after I got my first glimpse of Lisa. I crushed on her hard. All of these characters are awesome!

...*ahem* The other one of Lisa is amazing, too...

Also...
I DARE YOUR WIFE TO DRAW SERA EATING LEMONS.
I DARE YOU.
DO IT.
LIBERTY. EQUALITY. JUSTICE. ~tentative L3 creed
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84785

Svarta, post the other one or it didn't happen. Just because we're on the subject of dares.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
BangingDonk

Post by BangingDonk » #84812

WOWIE ZOWIE, ANOTHER BATCH!

Post 13: Sera'Apham-Kluiso

Post 14: Mekhi Anderson

Post 15: Rube Sommer

Post 16: INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS-And-Ebony

Post 17: CJ AJ

Post 18: Van Skorvold
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #84813

holy shit that is spot on
10/10 fucking hell man that's great your wife is the coolest
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #84847

How come that the two lizards this time are waifu- and husbando-aspirant for two of my characters...am I really that horrible?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #84849

BangingDonk wrote: Post 13: Sera'Apham-Kluiso
Spoiler:
Something tells me touching the prod part of a stun baton will end poorly for you.

Nonetheless I actually quite like the way Lizard's are made. I've read several times before from people that Human's offer less creative freedom in drawing than non-humans/aliens do.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #84992

Steelpoint wrote:Something tells me touching the prod part of a stun baton will end poorly for you.
But that's a nightstick, not a stun baton.
You know, like the ones on the derelict?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #85003

Fayrik wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Something tells me touching the prod part of a stun baton will end poorly for you.
But that's a nightstick, not a stun baton.
You know, like the ones on the derelict?
You would be correct except its clear this 'nightstick' is glowing on the tip.
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #85011

Steelpoint wrote:except its clear this 'nightstick' is glowing on the tip.
Except clear is the one thing it's not. My monitor contrast isn't great and the fact that it's the lightest part of the picture meant it was the only detail I flat out did not see.

...Also, I hope you're taking notes for new sprites. Hint hint.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #85012

Mekhi looks... Rather paranoid
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote: