Your Nuke OPs strategies

General SS13 Chat
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Your Nuke OPs strategies

Post by Stickymayhem » #5486

I thought it would be nice to share some strats for general benefit and discussion, and maybe poke at some imbalances on boxstation while we're at it.

My go to strategy for winning is as follows:

1. Enter South West solars
2. Head to telecomms back wall in maintenance
3. Plant c4
4. Let it blow
5. Toss a bomb in above the hub
6. button in it when you're SURE everyone is clear. It will fuck up anyone up to glass tunnel.
7. Head into engineering, kill the CE or an engineer
8. Copy access and go up maintenance to Captain's office
9. Emag in and either wait, grab the disk or kill the captain.

It tends to work really well, especially since it's extremely easy to annihilate telecomms with absolutely no witnesses, and it isn't hard to get to the cap's office strictly via atmos and maintenance.

It's so effective in fact, that I think it could do with a nerf, making entering telecomms perhaps require going into slightly more public areas. If the surrounding walls were reinforced once more and the only access was via closed off space, then it would force OPs to either spend more resources or take a public route round to the front entrance of telecomms.

My other method is riskier and funnier:
1. One stealth op dressed as an assistant
2. Goes into maintenance and brings a welder and locker to accessible airlock
3. Whole rest of the team bundles into the locker
4. Assistant Op welds it to prevent chucklefucks clicking it open
5. Sprint to Captain's room or wherever the disk is
6. Unweld and unleash death from anywhere on the station

I'd love to know some more!
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Your Nuke OPs strategies

Post by Hornygranny » #5488

1. Move ship to SW
2. One operative flies through space to steal the AI upload board
3. Build an upload on the ship and hack the AI
4. ???
5. Victory
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #5495

Hornygranny wrote:1. Move ship to SW
4. ???
5. Victory
You monster. I'm totally trying that one next time.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #5499

1: Stick together
2: Don't be unrobust scrubs
3: Cover each other
4: Win

Nuke op gear is so OP, if only people would use it properly and work together, the victory rate would go up more (nuke op needs a restriction on new players also)
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #5500

I saw a stealth op purposely get himself arrested, had a teleport beacon on him, 4 heavily armed ops teleport next to the captain in the middle of security, disk is gained and security is murdered in 10 seconds flat. Crew hardly even realised because it was so fast.
I play Boris Pepper.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #5501

Stickymayhem wrote:
Hornygranny wrote:1. Move ship to SW
4. ???
5. Victory
You monster. I'm totally trying that one next time.
It can be done extremely quickly. The AI locking up security tends to make the round go very poorly for the crew.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #5520

1. nuke the station
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #5522

get dat fukken disk
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
MrSnapwalk
Byond Username: MrSnapwalk

Post by MrSnapwalk » #5546

Here's a copy of an old post from the Screenshots General thread that ExplosiveCrate made. In these screenshots, I was the man in the alternate HoS uniform, and Blackjack Ops was my idea. Without further ado, this is how I win nuke ops rounds:
ExplosiveCrate wrote:Nuke ops challenge the captain to a game of blackjack
Against all odds, the captain accepts and the op team isn't immediately bombed by a scientist
The captain loses 2-0 and hands over the disk. The syndies let him alert the crew 2 minutes after they leave
Not included: People who didn't believe the captain dying a horrible death.
Petethegoat wrote:we need to procedurally generate asses so they can actually be used as evidence
JStheguy wrote:Being a closet serial killer is not polite, helpful, truthful, or clean.
I am the last of the moderators for the /NT/station subforums. Please don't PM me any questions, comments, or complaints, because there is nothing I can do about them.
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #5556

>Get teleporter board
>Teleport to teleporter
>Emag to captain's office
>Parapen captain while he's fucking about with announcements.
>Exfil
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
miggles

Post by miggles » #5558

MrSnapwalk wrote:Here's a copy of an old post from the Screenshots General thread that ExplosiveCrate made. In these screenshots, I was the man in the alternate HoS uniform, and Blackjack Ops was my idea. Without further ado, this is how I win nuke ops rounds:
ExplosiveCrate wrote:
Spoiler:
Nuke ops challenge the captain to a game of blackjack
Against all odds, the captain accepts and the op team isn't immediately bombed by a scientist
The captain loses 2-0 and hands over the disk. The syndies let him alert the crew 2 minutes after they leave
Not included: People who didn't believe the captain dying a horrible death.
hahah thats me
nobody believed me and they all died
i was simultaneously very disappointed and laughing at their stupidity
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #5563

I was making fun of the nuke ops when they tried to get the captain to come to a secluded room and honestly expected the entirety of the station to rush and ruin the fun.

You're a good captain, migs. Even tried to save the station that didn't deserve to be saved. Shame you died JUST as you were returning to the mining outpost.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
miggles

Post by miggles » #5564

i was a bit wary of them just deciding to kill me outright, but i thought it would be worth it if they were serious
and it was
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #5586

>c4 into tcomms
>bomb tcomms
>follow pinpointers
>dunk crew

keep in mind that when I'm on the station I don't use my red hardsuit; instead I use my regular armor and SWAT helmet. People don't realise the SWAT helmet is actually space-worthy, and moving at regular speed you're nigh unstoppable.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #5623

I usually run distraction for the rest of the squad, patrolling the hull, and killing anyone unfortunate enough to be wiring the solars while I pass. Oh, yeah, and blowing a hole in the armoury to steal all the guns.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #5682

Removing the hardsuit is a good tactic provided you can hide it without someone stealing it, alternatively, destroy gravity and fly around the station with your harness

For bonus ninja points, colour your jumpsuit at the start, make your ID show as an ACTUAL JOB instead of some shitty custom title, and people with sec huds will be less likely to spot you, if you color your jumpsuit yellow, and have your job on the agent ID be Station Engineer, you will probably get ignored unless you have a gun out, or talk your way out of being arrested

Pretty sure the nuke op shuttle has a box of flashbangs and handcuffs too, sometimes its quicker to capture the captain and drag him off rather than killing him and looting him, speed is everything in nuke ops
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #5688

Fatal wrote: For bonus ninja points, colour your jumpsuit at the start, make your ID show as an ACTUAL JOB instead of some shitty custom title, and people with sec huds will be less likely to spot you, if you color your jumpsuit yellow, and have your job on the agent ID be Station Engineer, you will probably get ignored unless you have a gun out, or talk your way out of being arrested
I've done this as an atmos tech before. Then I blew my cover and got murdered. I'd like to see an entire nuke ops team try this sometime.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #5689

Fatal wrote:Removing the hardsuit is a good tactic provided you can hide it without someone stealing it, alternatively, destroy gravity and fly around the station with your harness

For bonus ninja points, colour your jumpsuit at the start, make your ID show as an ACTUAL JOB instead of some shitty custom title, and people with sec huds will be less likely to spot you, if you color your jumpsuit yellow, and have your job on the agent ID be Station Engineer, you will probably get ignored unless you have a gun out, or talk your way out of being arrested

Pretty sure the nuke op shuttle has a box of flashbangs and handcuffs too, sometimes its quicker to capture the captain and drag him off rather than killing him and looting him, speed is everything in nuke ops
In my speediest ops we saved time by cuffing him, dragging him to the shuttle (He got critted by space) and then looting him there. Best part was reviving him so he didn't even have the dignity of going down with his ship. He had to watch the blast, naked and humiliated, consume his crew.
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #5739

Fatal wrote:Removing the hardsuit is a good tactic provided you can hide it without someone stealing it, alternatively, destroy gravity and fly around the station with your harness

All of your suit pieces fit in your backpack; harness included. Most of your useful weapons will fit on your belt (which hardly anybody checks if you keep a low profile) too. It's also a lot safer to deal with the captain ~somewhere else~, because if you do it anywhere the AI has a camera, you can bet your ass it's gonna lock you down until every grey and their dog shows up with a stunprod.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #5745

Stoned One's guide to rekt op.

Suit up.
Fly shuttle to south west.
Enter via sw solars.
Kill anyone you see until your cover is blown
Get cover blown
Ignore that assistant whos running away from you
No, stop attacking that clown, he can't even use guns, your wasting time
Find disk
Move out
Stop attacking weaponless nitwits running away from you, they are not a threat but you wasting time is
Stop wasting time and ammo attacking weaponless nitwits running away from you
Get rekted because you used up all your ammo on weaponless nitwits running away from you that you had none for when the hos and two graysuits with a stack of floor tiles came up on you.

Welp, better luck next time.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #5781

For the thing about ammo, and wasting it

Generally, any crew is going to try fight you, letting them get away, can sometimes prove to be a problem, especially in high pop rounds, you don't want to get bogged down fighting everyone

So, generally, provided you ARE STICKING TOGETHER, at least ONE person should have a double esword, and if you have a syndie borg also, they should be the two killing the people who are being stunned

Seriously, stick together, if you are on your own, you're mincemeat, no matter how many guns and awesome OP shit you have, because all it takes is one assistant with a stunprod, or one lucky disarm when your egun is out, and it's game over

Last time I tried to attack a group of nuke ops, with myself carrying 2 eguns, they worked together, and completely fucking destroyed me, don't forget, if your buddy gets tased, simple shake him with help intent and he gets up, it's these kind of basics which are what win, or lose, nuke op rounds
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #5839

Remember, too, there are gray jumpsuits in maint. The time-tested "anonymous grayshirt" evasion tactic sometimes works in your favor, sometimes doesn't. Just don't get caught.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #6007

1) Stun+minibomb cap
2) Use pinpointers to find nuke disk
3) Odds are, you blew up the crew's only pinpointer with the captain who was too stupid to give it to the HoS, gg.

alternative

1) stun/strip everyone
2) shove pills down people's throats to instakill them

Cyanide will go down in history as the least used free nuke op tool ever.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #6204

Don't send the team into maint, you aren't stealthy and that shit is basically all choke points leading to you getting picked off one by one.
miggles

Post by miggles » #6207

paprika wrote:1) Stun+minibomb cap
3) Odds are, you blew up the crew's only pinpointer with the captain who was too stupid to give it to the HoS, gg.
dude YOU were the one to give the HoS the pinpointer instead of the captain what are you talking about
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #6332

1. Dye jumpsuit blue, dye gloves yellow, change ID job title to Head of Personnel.
2. Take cyanide pills from all other ops.
3. Buy 2 viscerators at least.
4. Land before every other ops, hide spacesuit and wait in position where Ops will strike (tcomms/armoury/etc)
5. Stun and feed cyanide to people while stealing IDs. Use viscerators when there are big groups.
6. ???
7. Profit.

The viscerators literally clear crewmembers for you no problems. Cyanide pills save ammo and are pretty quick. I've taken over the brig a few times before (waiting outside for someone to scream ops before I follow the first person in. They never question the HoP) and cleaned out crewmembers in escape/tcomms with them bees.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #6394

Though keep in mind that because of REALISM all you need to counter cyanide pills is a breath mask or a fake mustache.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #6421

miggles wrote:
paprika wrote:1) Stun+minibomb cap
dude YOU were the one to give the HoS the pinpointer instead of the captain what are you talking about
This is literally why I did it. Captains are never reliable enough to give the pinpointer to someone who can use it and more often than not it's gibbed with their body. When there isn't a captain, getting to the pinpointer as HoS is too much of a hassle as you have to set up your gear and make sure sec is working while dealing with roundstart grey tide a lot of the time. Plus, the HoP usually goes for the spare ID and all that fun shit in the captain's quarters.

Also, this section isn't NTstation-specific. I still use this tactic on sybil liberally for guaranteed wins.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #6933

Bluespace wrote:I saw a stealth op purposely get himself arrested, had a teleport beacon on him, 4 heavily armed ops teleport next to the captain in the middle of security, disk is gained and security is murdered in 10 seconds flat. Crew hardly even realised because it was so fast.
Fucking BRILLIANT

Anyway, my tactic:
Get as many borgs as you can
Land at southwest solar
GET YOUR FUCKING PINPOINTERS ON
GET YOUR RANGED STUN WEAPONS OUT
PUT SOMEONE WITH E-SHIELD OR DUAL ESWORD IN FRONT

Follow the FUCKING pinpointers
Stun and RUN. Do not bother to kill anyone who isn't armed with stun weapons.
Borgs and nukeops can't be stunned by the same thing; one should enver be without the other
WALK
TO
THE
GODDAMNED
FUCKING
DISK
Stun and cyanide the captain or HoP if you see them
Follow the damn pinpointer and Blitzkrieg until you're AT the disk
Exfil the body with the disk
Get to shuttle
Come back
Place bomb
Win
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #7301

My plan is like yours in 50-page PDF format and I link it to all nuke ops when I'm nuke op captain. It has a hard boiled list of situations and tactics so my team always knows what to- why the fuck did you buy a baloon