29%
No
71%

Total votes: 112

QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Should hornygranny remain as headmin?

Post by QuartzCrystal » #101370

This is not an official poll but rather I am throwing this up here to make a cursory survey of how our community feels. (much like the poll that I made about public logs)

Simple yes or no. If you wish to abstain, simply do not vote.
Last edited by QuartzCrystal on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Should hornygranny remain as headmin?

Post by Steelpoint » #101373

From a admin's perspective, and from admins logs and whatever users cannot see, how active has Hornygranny been this past week?
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #101376

Uhh... can you enable revoting please?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #101379

Steelpoint wrote:From a admin's perspective, and from admins logs and whatever users cannot see, how active has Hornygranny been this past week?
I'll leave this to be answered by other admins as I don't want to make this poll appear more biased than it probably looks already.
MisterPerson wrote:Uhh... can you enable revoting please?
Revoting enabled.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #101388

HG is literally everything that is right with /tg/.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #101414

Kelenius wrote:HG is literally everything that is right with /tg/.
Which means nothing IF HE'S NOT HERE.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #101418

HG just got back from vacation.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #101432

Ikarrus wrote:HG just got back from vacation.
It's ironic that the trigger for this poll about HG's inactivity was in fact triggered by him being active in a way that Quartz disliked.

I mean obviously the situation isnt great and HG readily admits that it's just the timing of this is amusing.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #101435

If we don't need HG here for shit to not fall apart, then why are we bitching about him not being here?

There's no good reason to vote him out. It's not like you're ever gonna find a better replacement.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #101443

As such, If he is indeed back, my vote is changed. Welcome back, HG, I hope you had a good time.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DrunkenMatey
Byond Username: DrunkenMatey

Post by DrunkenMatey » #101460

There is no real information in this thread biased or otherwise. Pretty hard to vote without any information... or at least it is for me.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #101462

Hg was the coder/head vote, so I don't see why a public would even be relevant.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #101515

Personally, I'd be fine with HG being deheadmin'd, with Kor taking his place once STP comes back from vacation.
Players can and will create their own fun.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101528

Christ, can we not do this? He's been on vacation for the last week, yeah, he's not very active, but a thread like this just feels like we're trying to toss him under the bus.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #101553

Funnily enough Vekter a position of power tends to come with responsibilities that if you fail to meet will lead to punishments as an incentive to improve.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #101587

take it easy oranges he was on vacation
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #101590

I am fairly certain his inactivity has been going on for much longer than a week. On the other hand like it was said earlier his forum activity is certainly not indicative of his game activity or amount of adminning he does, and we do not have access to that information
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #101592

I went through the public logs and found that the last time hornygranny has logged into the game was on the 7th of June, that being twenty-six (26) days ago, from the logs he did some admin training, set someone on fire to kill them, and milled around.

So essentially HG has been off for a month.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #101607

If active, yes, if not, no.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #101635

Steelpoint wrote:7th of June
i saw him on sybil yesterday though????
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #101661

There have been concerns, and not just recent ones.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #101663

I love you, poll.

From what I've seen all HG does is either nothing, or he riles up the playerbase with deliberately unpopular self-serving decisions. He doesn't deserve the position. He brings nothing to the table, and doesn't improve the server.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #101681

Steelpoint wrote:I went through the public logs and found that the last time hornygranny has logged into the game was on the 7th of June, that being twenty-six (26) days ago, from the logs he did some admin training, set someone on fire to kill them, and milled around.

Obviously you are terrible at log reading because hornygranny has been active june 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 18 and July 1, 3
Which is exactly the same amount if not more than Tedward. don't play double standards here people.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #101683

NikNakFlak wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:I went through the public logs and found that the last time hornygranny has logged into the game was on the 7th of June, that being twenty-six (26) days ago, from the logs he did some admin training, set someone on fire to kill them, and milled around.

Obviously you are terrible at log reading because hornygranny has been active june 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 18 and July 1, 3
Which is exactly the same amount if not more than Tedward. don't play double standards here people.
Yeah, but for how long was he online for? I wouldn't put it past him to just log in for an hour or so on these dates and even idle just to appear active.

Someone should code something that accurately measures time spent in game, excluding time spent AFK.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #101685

I'll check on hornygranny specifically but that's one of the reason Tedward was almost deadminned, because even though he was active on some dates, he logged in and logged out really.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #101693

NikNakFlak wrote:I'll check on hornygranny specifically but that's one of the reason Tedward was almost deadminned, because even though he was active on some dates, he logged in and logged out really.
Ted wasnt 'almost deadminned' really though, the headmins just decided he'd failed to make the cut for a promotion
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #101695

I've heard conflicting stories, and he is still on the .txt as of now.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101709

Ted was still admin as of this morning.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #101739

I just searched for any reference to the name Hornygranny in the logs, nothing came up for me thigh that may be due to the public logs not being as complete as normal logs.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #101766

HG has been a problem for a long time now, let's not act like this is a recent issue by bringing up his vacation. HG should have been taken care of a long time ago.

If anyone has log dived, I imagine what he was doing when he actually logged in on the server since his vacation ended? Too lazy to do it myself.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #101780

Someone for the love of god get up connection logs. We must finish off this masterpiece with even more irony.
HG's headminship will be killed by his own meme, the connection log meme.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #101782

NikNakFlak wrote:
I should apologise in that I went back to check and it seems for some reason my word search failed to see these missing dats, even though those are still very big gaps in between days for a head administrator.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #101862

Lets not beat around the bush.

He was largely inactive with an0n3 and ikky, I said he would just as (in)active when coderbus inevitably re-elected him, unsurprisingly I was right again.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #102055

It's been long enough I feel I can post now.

I've gotten 5 total complaints from players (who will remain unnamed) asking for me to look into HG being removed. I told all five of them that HG was aware of the issue and would be more active, this was months ago. HG hasn't given a ban since February and, funnily enough, the day I made this thread HG logged onto Sybil and promptly went AFK. This issue has been going on for a long time and frankly if we're going to remove trialmins for being inactive, we shouldn't be holding them to a higher activity standard than our headmins. I do believe ted logged in more often than HG for the entirety of his demotion period up until when HG posted that he was to be removed.

Let's also not forget that MSO, as host, has announced that he will not be giving his headmin pick to the coders again. He hasn't specified why but I think we all know it's because he fully recognizes that HG is a crappy headmin and we shouldn't repeat this shit. I like HG, and I thought he was great when he was active, but this has been ridiculous for a long time and he really ought to step down.

EDIT: Also for those who keep citing him being on vacation, the dude hasn't even been active enough to post that he would be on vacation to our "Leave of Absence" thread on the admin forum.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #102065

QuartzCrystal wrote:EDIT: Also for those who keep citing him being on vacation, the dude hasn't even been active enough to post that he would be on vacation to our "Leave of Absence" thread on the admin forum.
He did in advance.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #102067

Jordie0608 wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:EDIT: Also for those who keep citing him being on vacation, the dude hasn't even been active enough to post that he would be on vacation to our "Leave of Absence" thread on the admin forum.
He did in advance.
True, but Kor's reply to that hits the nail on the head.

EDIT: For the curious
Kor wrote:
Hornygranny wrote:I'm on vacation from the 20th to the 1st.
What's the difference?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #102091

QuartzCrystal wrote:and frankly if we're going to remove trialmins for being inactive, we shouldn't be holding them to a higher activity standard than our headmins.
We absolutely should. Someone who is trying to prove they know how to admin/someone who is on probation and showing they can play nice should be required to be more active than someone who declared they were going to be on vacation.

For example, it'd be completely ridiculous to demand we change hosts if MSO didnt log in for a month (while keeping up all his hosting duties) because we didnt promote a trialmin when they answered a whopping one adminhelp in ~20 days.

Now obviously it's a problem with HG because he hasnt been around regularly for ~4 months and it can take a while for him to vote on things but that's an entirely separate issue from the number of connections he has.

"If admins ever take a break ever they must be fired if we're going to expect trial admins to be active" is a horrible and nonsensical precedent.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #102093

Or, to phrase it another, shorter way:

What the hell else do you suggest we do with a trial admin who doesn't admin during the specific time period meant to evaluate them? Promote them?

Argue for HGs removal based on him (not) doing his job, not based on him (not) doing a trial admins job.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #102096

Kor wrote:Or, to phrase it another, shorter way:

What the hell else do you suggest we do with a trial admin who doesn't admin during the specific time period meant to evaluate them? Promote them?

Argue for HGs removal based on him (not) doing his job, not based on him (not) doing a trial admins job.
It's not based on this. It's based on his complete inactivity. As I pointed out, he hasn't dolled out a ban since February. When was the last time he answered an ahelp? Or look at his forum posting history, he's barely had any activity.

I'll point out that the 5 complaints were long before his vacation and that was when I was assured (and then assured the players) that his activity would pick up again, it never did.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #102099

A headmin's job isn't to ban people though, or directly answer admin helps.
They're meant to be the decision makers of the bigger picture, and the last port of call for getting a judgement on a dispute.

But, from what we've seen HG hasn't been fulfilling those duties either and its bogged down the other two headmins.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #102123

Can't beat a stalemate with only two voters. It's been killing forward process on literally everything. He didn't even take the time to nominate a replacement like STP did.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #102201

Coder's just don't have a large enough pool of interested people. He has been a solo contender twice and now even he is burnt out.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #102204

Anyone was more than capable of running. Nobody even stepped up to try.

And by anyone I really do mean anyone. Nowhere was it stated you had to be a coder to be elected.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #102205

The whole coder vote was not really well explained, it seemed to be implied the vote was open only to headcoders, and eventually people just went with the idea of the codervote being the HG vote.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102207

Steelpoint wrote:The whole coder vote was not really well explained, it seemed to be implied the vote was open only to headcoders, and eventually people just went with the idea of the codervote being the HG vote.
I wasn't aware that the codervote which took place in a locked-to-maintainers PR thread was open to anyone else either.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #102213

Me neither.

Not to mention you decided to have a separate list of nominations from the main one, which consisted of HG, an ascii dick, and an IRC bot.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #102259

Malkevin wrote:Me neither.

Not to mention you decided to have a separate list of nominations from the main one, which consisted of HG, an ascii dick, and an IRC bot.
Is that true or an exaggeration to make your point?

Either way, you have ruined my dress shirt, because I snorted while eating and am now covered in macaroni and cheese.
I hope you're proud of yourself.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102262

I remember reading about it somewhere, I think the ASCII pens actually got a bunch of votes
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #102264

That's the most hilariously sad thing I've heard about this.

Also, he doesn't even care enough to respond to a thread where 72% of people say to ditch em.
I don't care how long his vacation is or isn't, he's not a good headmin even when he was active.

And the vacation defense doesn't fly, we all know what we're talking about here and feigning ignorance of a well established absence doesn't work.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #102271

You misunderstand, aranclanos is the one who votes for a huge ascii penis everytime. He's still just voting for hornygranny. :^)
But for real, Hornygranny is good and I voted yes for him to stay.