Efficiency Station 3 on Artyom

General SS13 Chat

How long do you want to test out Efficiency Station 3?

Make it the new default map
10%
10%
10%
Run it for a week
13%
Run it for a week
13%
Run it for a week
13%
Run it for a couple of days
4%
4%
4%
Run it for a few rounds
4%
Run it for a few rounds
4%
Run it for a few rounds
4%
I don't want to play it at all
4%
4%
4%

Total votes: 84

WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Efficiency Station 3 on Artyom

Post by WJohnston » #5692

So, yeah. Made another space station a few weeks after the testing of efficiency station 2.

I give you

EFFICIENCY STATION 3

Map Pic as of 3.0.0d

Improved in many various areas over efficiency 2 to cater to more people! Let's see how people like it and get even more feedback out of it!

This is probably going to be my last map (station) for a while, if I ever make any more. I may start working on doing away missions or getting back into spriting. We'll see how things go.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Mandurrrh

Re: Efficiency Station 3 on Artyom

Post by Mandurrrh » #5695

Science is glorious!! Please run this. Mini sat off of science. Better bomb testing. An extra room with a chem dispenser, random good, and chamber. RnD and robotics together with a shared window to swap machine bits/stuff to deconstruct. And even our own bathroom. I'm in science heaven.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #5725

1. THE ARMORY LACKS AN ION RIFLE THIS IS AN ISSUE OF LARGE SIZE
2. the warden doesnt have a monitor computer thats kind of lame but not required
3. the chef can steal the bartender's gun really easily
4. hydroponics needs WAY more sinks (like one in each row) and it would be nice if there was more space. trim down the back room and use that extra space for more room between trays?
5. lots of plain grey hallways without accents - this is particularly bad in the hub area and the hallways extending from it, as the accents are only on the tiles leading into doorways (and not in front of the airlock to the mining shuttle for some reason??)
6. tile under the disposals in library should probably be wood
7. mail room conveyor belt should probably be open. it's annoying to have to open the door to grab something, exit after a disposals ride, and it's especially annoying when you want to actually mail something, as you have to push the crate through the windoor and can get stuck.
8. cargo literally has 3 brown tiles within its entirety, excluding the QM office. it looks dull.
9. chapel is barren, with nothing interesting in it. doors should be black. the 2 stars at the bottom leading to the window could be switched for black tiles to look better
10. janitor closet is in maint, bordering space. please at least make the maint directly outside of it a bit cleaner and give it a window so it feels larger.
11. medbay is also lacking accented tiles in most of its space, including virology, chemistry, storage, and cloning
12. >freezer in toxins. i love you
13. mini chem dispenser and plasma bars in misc. research..? i dunno about that. tests will see if it gets abused.
14. >AI sat limited to science BAD BAD NO BAD. please please pleeeeeaaase give it to engineering, connect it to telecoms or something. science AI is awful. scientists are NOT equipped to deal with a rogue AI like engineering is, and it's harder to actually get to it during an emergency.
15. no windows from maint looking at secure tech storage lame/10
16. i love the vault hallway
17. fire axe in atmos is in an inconvenient place. put it by the door or near the fire closets?
18. room connecting atmos and engineering is kind of boring
19. NO BOXING RING WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US WJ
20. tcomms storage is... in tcomms.. which defeats 100% of the purpose of tcomms storage.. which is to rebuild it.. when it blows up..
21. is there a dock for the admin ferry? also, was the millennium falcon admin spaceship removed? i havent seen it for a while, but other maps still have a dock for it
22. no entrance to teleporter from hallway excluding the shutters
23. ..why is there a teleporter computer on the bridge?
24. HoP doesnt have a secure safe
25. i see a lack of construction areas, which is sad but not a huge deal since there's no space for any
26. THE INCINERATOR DOESN'T HAVE A TURBINE WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US WJ
27. more stools in perma pls
28. the PA is messed up (in game on metastation it looks right)
29. >no firing range
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #5735

I see spare Telecomms parts in Tech Storage.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #5736

A big chunk of those issues have been fixed, miggles. As for the rest:
3. The chef isn't exactly a lethal guy by himself, and a very short stun from a beanbag doesn't make him much more deadly.
5. I personally do not like having as much detail as metastation, I feel as though it is trying too hard to be pretty and is so far removed from any possibility of having been built by any spaceman that it loses a bit of charm.
6. I've tried that and it doesn't look good.
7. You know how frequently clowns, assistants, and other jerks break in through cargo with that? A lot. If you don't want anything to go through, then turn off the conveyor and let them out.
14. I want to experiment and see what does and doesn't work. The AI in no way belongs to engineering and never has.
19. When the hell does anyone ever use the boxing ring? Ever? It's used about as often as the court. Additionally the holodeck can turn into a boxing ring.
20. Both tcomms and tech storage have the parts to repair it, it just has the pieces there for you to tinker with it without having to go all the way back.
21. The large admin ferry that had red floor was removed alongside most of centcomm since AGES AGO. It doesn't exist in any way.
28. Code issue, not my fault. Metastation has the same problem with its PA.
29. The firing range is used even less than the court room. You're not missing much!
Apparently I was an director or something.
miggles

Post by miggles » #5770

5. you're doing the opposite of trying too hard to look good, you're trying too hard to make it look bad. if you try to force charm into something, it doesn't have it anymore.
7. all you can get into is the mail room, which is only a table away from the hallway. it isn't worth the hassle when the worst that can happen is a greysuit asks to be let out every once in a while
14. it doesnt belong to rnd either :^)
19. but muh broos pax
20. didnt notice
29. i use the firing range, it's really cool because the target puts the bulletholes exactly where you clicked with your mouse
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #5775

Actually, the AI technically belongs to the research department, if anyone actually "owns" the AI.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #5783

WJohnston wrote:6. I've tried that and it doesn't look good.
You could try switching it around with the vending machine so it's on a wood tile and the disposals is still on a normal tile.
Quick edit but something like this.
Hey.
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #5792

-no boxing ring
-no hydroponics in perma
-no ion rifle
-some rooms/hallways look bland tile-wise
-jails make sec easy to break into
-sec and command less secure over all
-crusher room doesn't have a thing to send stuff to cargo
-AI is a meteor magnet, also less secure outside
-no black market in maint
-windows around the maint walls near xenobio

-i like where you put the janitor
-bridge is easy to get into from space (i like that)
-other minor stuff aesthetic stuff is cool

It's good but It needs its own character aka I feel like everyone is copying metastation at this point
the reason why metastation has been great is because it was a new concept from box at the time, also quick changes cuz meta is an awesome guy
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #5838

I love everything, except that the gravity generator is right next to the locker room, and is only separated by one reinforced wall. Any assistant with about five minutes could easily break in and Fuck Your Shit Up.

Unless this is what you were going for.
:^)
miggles

Post by miggles » #5843

or you could hack the doors in 12 seconds
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #5949

WJohnston wrote: 5. I personally do not like having as much detail as metastation, I feel as though it is trying too hard to be pretty and is so far removed from any possibility of having been built by any spaceman that it loses a bit of charm.
>people literally want to run any maps made by this guy

holy shit

edit: even modern day space stations are cluttered as FUCK what are you smoking
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles

Post by miggles » #5979

i will continue to repeat myself when i say there is absolutely no charm in a station feeling like it belongs on a gmod rp server
detail is good
who, or what, has ever said that any of the space stations that exist as maps were created by spacemen, and why are you using lore to dictate gameplay
that is the absolute opposite-est thing to do ever
MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Post by MrMindless » #6068

I could be wrong but it seems like perma brig is extremely easy to escape

just open the leftmost window, run out, go left and enter through escape airlocks