LAHARL'S "GO WORK THE FREAKING LAB" RnD GUIDE

General SS13 Chat
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

LAHARL'S "GO WORK THE FREAKING LAB" RnD GUIDE

Post by Laharl Monthy » #106567

OKAY, I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS GRAND SHOW OF INCOMPETENCE, TAKING THIS MATTER IN MY OWN HANDS
TLDR OF THAT GUIDE : READ WHAT'S IN QUOTES

There used to be a point in time, in a long gone gold age, where we had decent scientist (Thoughtsynapsis, please come back, my love for you is forever) who knew how to properly work the damn lab. Sadly, it seems that in about 90% of the round I have bothered to participate (or observe), NO-ONE EVER WORKS THE GOD FORSAKEN LAB.
It's not complicated to DO. Hell, it's EASY, and FAST, and you get access to so many goodies :

-For the whole department :
  • Robotics gets upgraded Exosuit fabs and better material usage.
    Upgraded Xenobio Machine with tier 3 get you a ONE TO ONE MONKEY RATIO, AND THREE CORES PER SLIME. HOLY FUCKING SHIT GOLEMTIDE STATIONWIDE
    Hell, even Toxins loves toying with the Heater/Cooler in RnD's backyard, so upgrading those is a nice touch too.
-For the station :
  • Cargo : because upgrading the ORM (Ore Redemption Machine) makes them filthy rich, and thus makes YOU filthy rich.
    Medbay : Better Genetics, better sleepers, better cryo. Also Autocloning, provided you get your hands on gold and silver which are actually available on board.
    Botany : More plants! No seriously, I don't remember what the upgrades do, but botany love 'em. Also, Floral Somatray.
    Engineering : Upgrade the singulo containment, the SMES...Also, better emitters. Blobs HATE better emitters. Sadly, you can't replace cells in APCs yet : goof I'm looking at you if you can't tell
    Also, did you know you can upgrade Borg Recharger Stations? They will love you for it assuming they're not rogue
-For you :
  • You have worked the lab, and have now the POWER! Want to make robotics redundant? Make your own exofab! Screw asking chemistry for acid? Make your own chemistry department! You wish there was still telescience instead of that stupid looking EXPERIMENTOR? Rebuild the whole damn thing and steal the armory nice and easy! Want to spy on the crew and/or the borgs? Make your own security terminal, or personal AI! Seriously, the possibilities are endless, all limited by your imagination - and by the server rules, honk.
But, we can't access the good stuff without mats -
Funnily, no. Most of the fun comes from abusing all the machinery you can make, the making/upgrading process made trivial by the RPED . If you have the parts in the RPED, click the machine frame : BAM. Just a screwdriver required.
But it takes so much ti-
Not even 10 minutes to get everything where it should be before materials, if you know how to do it right, that is.

Alright, folks, enough introduction, let's talk about how to do it fast, quick - you can upgrade the ORM to tier 3 before the 10 minute mark, provided you're fast enough.

Step 1 : Preparation
  • Go the the RnD Testing Lab - or the backyard, as I'd like to call it - and nab those items before anyone else does :
    • -A Wrench or an Analyzer from the toolbox (Engineering 1, mainly.)
      -A Medical Scanner (Biology Level 1, EM 1)
      -A Flamethrower (Weapon 1, Plasma 1)
      -A sheet of Plasma (Material 2, Plasma 2)
      -A Practice Laser Gun (Weapons 2, EM 2)(Not quite necessary, there's other possibilites)
    From the RnD Lab itself, you'll need:
    • -The two High-Capacity cells sitting on the lower table, or 1 Capacitor and 1 HC Cell (Power 2)
      -A Manipulator, from the stack of parts on the right (Data 1)
...Where's the flamethrower?
There's none. You have make it yourself :
  • Take a welder and a screwdriver from the toolbox in the backyard.
    Apply Screwdriver to Welder. Keep the screwdriver in your pocket, it'll have his uses later.
    Get some rod : by deconstructing a table, using some metal.
    Apply rod to Welder.
    BAM. Flamethrower. No need to put a tank on that thing.
Why not sacrificing the two cells? In case of a power emergency (read: Power Sink, or your standard Engineering incompetence) it is better to keep a cell close, in order to fix up the APC and continue your work. We're not gonna let the Syndicate get in the way of SCIENCE, should we?

Step 2 : Getting that Circuit Imprinter upgraded
  • Deconstruct the stuff you have in that order :
    • -Manipulator
      -Wrench or Analyzer
      -Flamethrower
      -Medical Analyzer
      -Plasma Sheet
      -Practice Laser OR Destructive Analyzer Board OR A Flash
      -2 High-Capacity Cells
    Supply the Protolathe with 10 sheets of metal and 5 of Glass, and 10 Sheets of glass for the Circuit Imprinter. Supply the imprinter with Acid, tho you won't use it up quite yet.
    Construct and deconstruct :
    • -Tracking Beacon
      -Nano Manipulator
      -Welding Mask OR Mining Drill
      -Advanced Scanning Module
    To finish, make a RPED and a Nano-Manipulator, screwdriver the Circuit Impriter, click the Nano-Manipulator with the RPED and then hit the Imprinter with it. Screwdriver it back together, then in the RD Console : Settings => Device Linkage Menu => Re-sync with Nearby Devices . Also once that done, Sync Database with Network so Robotics doesn't feel sad.
Alright, if you have followed this guide until here, good : you managed to avoid using our only finite resource for the moment, which is Acid. That'll get fixed pretty soon.

Step 3 : Getting to Tier 3
  • From the Circuit Imprinter, make :
    • -A Sleeper Board. Deconstruct Immediatly
      -A Portable Chem Dispenser Board. Deconstruct Immediatly
    Once that done, you have access to Tier 3 parts : Super Matter Bin And Pico-Manipulator. Print :
    • -4 Super Matter Bins
      -5 Pico-Manipulators
      -1 Advanced Scanning Module
      -2 High-Power Laser
    Screwdriver all the machines in RnD, hit'em with your parts-filled RPED, screwdriver them back, resync the devices and sync with the Network.
    Run to Cargo, screwdriver the ORM, hit it with the RPED, screwdriver it back together.
Bravo, you have upgraded the RnD Lab, thus reducing your material usage by a dividing factor of three, and then multiplied the miners ore yield by three. For those who can't math to save their bloody spacemen lives (and if I'm not mistaken about the upgrading scaling), at this point in time, Mining + RnD is NINE TIMES MORE EFFICIENT AT USING A SINGLE ORE NODE FOR PRODUCTION.

A more concrete example? A diamond ore node give three diamond ore. Those 3 diamond ores, processed with a upgraded ORM, will spew out 9 diamond sheets. With an upgraded protolathe, RnD gets the equivalent of 27 sheets of diamond, compared to 3 with no upgrades.

Let that sink in for a bit. And now think that with Bluespace (Tier 4) parts, you'll have a multiplying/dividing factor of 4, AKA 16 times efficiency.

YEAH, SCIENCE!

Step 3.5 : Machinery time!
  • Using the spare metal, make three machine frames. Wire 'em up.
    Print up :
    • -Portable Chem Dispenser Board
      -Autolathe Board
      -Exosuit Fabricator Board
      -7 Super Matter Bins
      -3 Pico-Manipulator
      -1 High-Power Laser
      -1 Advanced Capacitor
      -1 Super-Capacity Cell
    That done, snatch all of that with the RPED, (along with the 3 console screens), complete the machine frames, and screwdriver all of that up.

At the same time, I suggest using the parts to upgrade Xenobio and Robotics, if needed/possible :
    • -7 Super Matter Bins
      -4 Pico-Manipulators
      -2 High-Power Laser.

Add 4 Super Matter Bins and 4 High-Power Lasers if you want to upgrade the Heater and Cooler as well.
Having a Autolathe allows you to have a steady supply of console screens (the Protolather can't print those), the Chem Dispenser is obviously an easy way to get some Acid out without pestering Chesmitry, and the Exosuit Fab is for when you can't rely on the Roboticists to print some vital parts from research. (If youi're the Roboticist doing the research, skip that part.)

That's the base stuff, will continue this guide in the next post. The post limit already fucked me over and deleted parts of what I've written as well, god fukken damn it.
Last edited by Laharl Monthy on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Laharl Monthy

Re: LAHARL'S "GO WORK THE FREAKING LAB" RnD GUIDE

Post by Laharl Monthy » #106570

Step 4 - Waiting for Materials
  • Print, and Decon :
    • -A Relay Mainframe Board
      -2 Durand Weapons and Targetting Board (or 3, depending if you used the practice laser or not.)
      -A Power Turbine Board
    After that, go bug robotics about / make those parts and decon them :
    • -1 Syringue Gun
      -1 Wormhole Generator
      -2 Super-Capacity Cells
    Print, and Decon immediatly :
    • -Telepad Board
      -Teleporter Hub Board
      -Phazon Peripherals Board

Now print a Super Matter Bin, and deconstruct it - at this point, the SMB reliability should be high enough to be decon'd proper. (79, at this stage - Pico/Adv/High-Power can decon it.)
This is as far as we go without getting more materials. Cross your fingers, and hope for the best - many things can go wrong, as Mining can just be too lazy to do his job, all miners are dead/inexistant, some chucklefuck stole the cargo, Cargo exploded, etcetera.

Step 4.5 - I don't have any mats, halp
  • Print:
    • -A Recycler Board
      -A Super Matter Bin
      -A Pico Manipulator
    Build the recycler, build some excess parts, and throw them into the recycler.
    OR Build a belt system that can feed parts into the recycler. Bonus points if the protolathe is at the starting point of that belt.

With Gold and Silver acquired, print a BRPED, and 2 Phasic Scanning module : one for upgrading the Destructive Analyser, the second for deconstruction.
    Print a Hyper-Capacity Cell and decon it, if possible.
Even with the recent nerf, the Crusher/Recycler remains incredibly usefull, as it can still provide Metal, Glass, Gold, Silver, and above all, the mighty Bananium! Prep those air horns! HOOOONK
It doesn't look like much, but a lot of tier 2/tier 3 parts just needs silver and gold. Gold also allows you to build the first set of AI modules - great in case of emergency. It also allows you access to the almighty BRPED, along with Phasic Scanning Modules! To my memory, these enable Auto-cloning. You have no excuse to NOT be alive from this point on. You also have access to Posibrains - who needs human brains, when you have artificial ones? Prepare the borg army!

If mining still haven't shown ANY signs of life at this point, set up a Security terminal for Camera Access, and start remotely upgrading the station. You have the BRPED, might as well put it to good use!
If you have upgrade the station, and you have lost all hope about mining, might as well start having fun with what you have available.

Step 5 - Hey, look, Mining showed up!
  • Fill the Protolathe with 5 Sheets of every ore : you don't need much more.

Print:
    • -A BRPED
      -2 Phasic Scanning module
      -1 Ultra-Laser
      -4 Femto-Manpulators
    Upgrade the RnD Lab using the BRPED, decon the last Phasic Scanning Module.
    Print, and deconstruct :
    • -A Hyper-Capacity Cell
      -A Bluespace Cell
      -A Bluespace Matter Bin
      -A Thiphasic Scanning Module
Once this is all done, be kind and give the Miners anything they request - A Sonic Jackhammer, NV Mesons, and probably a Satchel of Holding.
The research is done, right? ...Right? WRONG. There's still a few tidbits you can still do to finish up research, and that is the whole illegal tree.

First of all, you'll need one of those:
  • -A Combat Shotgun from Cargo
    -A upgraded Durand Weapons And Targeting Board, done by fucking about with the Experimentor
Why? Because this allows us to reach the next level of Weapon Tech, which unlocks the Xray Laser - AKA the blob killer. Why do we need this weapon, you ask, apart from your usual blob slaying shenanigans? Because it possesses two levels in the Illegal Tree. Mind you : if you obtain items from a syndicate agent (courtesy of security, perhaps?), this will speed up your research, since you will be able to bypass the need for a Xray Laser entirely.

Step 6 - Dabbling in Syndicate Technologies
  • Obtain and/or print and then Decon :
    • -Upgraded Durand Weapons and Targeting Board OR Combat Shotgun
      -Xray Laser
      -AI Module : TYRANT Board
      -Energy Crossbow
      -Thermal Implant
Aaaaaand that's it. You have now access to Xray Implant - yes, you'll have to get someone to do surgery for you, but it was all worth it, wasn't it? You have now researched everything, you are the king of research, congratulations. You have plenty of toys to play with, and if you are actually a traitor...Well, ho boy, you're probably about to tear the station a new one, are you. Hell, you might not even need to fully upgrade RnD, in that case, considering what's going to be left after you're done...

Don't forget to upgrade everything with your BRPED! The station will love you for it. And share also the fruits of your research - tho, we all know what will happen if you start printing too many BoHs...

Last thing you can do, if you have the time, is try to reach Weapon 8 for Decloners, or Bluespace 10 for Mech Teleporters, all of that using the EXPERIMENTOR. However, this will take a long time depending on your luck with the RNG, so it might not be worth it in the end.

Extra Links and Guides!
  • Lumipharon Guide :
    http://pastebin.com/4k4v5R73
    TheNightingale Guide :
    http://pastebin.com/Qxh0Cu1K
    RG4ORDR Syringue Gun Path :
    3 Mech Syringe Guns - These give Bio,EM,Data Theory, and grant materials 4
    1 Intelicard - Gives you materials 5 and few other things I think that cap out at 5.
    1 Flame Thrower - Combat 2 and Plasma 1
    1 Plasma Sheet - Plasma 1 for that chem dispenser
    2 High cap power cells that spawn you get power 3 from due they giving 2 each.
    1 Analyzer for a toolbox gives engineer 1
    1 Welding gasmask cheaper than a mining drill and gives engineering 3
    Make a RPE so you can upgrade and then make a advanced scanner,high power laser,4 PICOS,3 SMBs, and upgrade the machines, the scanner is important later on.
    1 Exosuit Fabricator board gives engineer 4
    3 SMES boards these will boost your power and engineer to 6 each and affect scanner performance.
    1 SMB or Pico INTO the upgraded scanner one of these will decon and give your materials 6
    Alternatively get the high risk boards from AI upload and decon all of them, I forget which but they give mats 6 each and you'll get materials 7.
    2-3 Durand/Gygas weapons boards will net you combat 5
    1 Combat shotgun is combat 6
    Blue Space:
    1 Tracking beacon gives BS 2
    If you really want go decon the station's teleporter and take the boards out from it, they'll get you BS 3-4 which ever.
    You'll have access to the teleportation circut boards and you'll be able to cap out around 6 or 7.
Last edited by Laharl Monthy on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #106592

I think you forgot about syringe guns / tasers from robotics that speeds this entire process up markedly.

EDIT: Also things like how to get Bluespace tech for BoHs, engineering 6, etc.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #106600

If you wanna get it even quicker, I've timed this actually within 10-15 minutes even faster if no lag on your side.
3 Mech Syringe Guns
Flame Thrower
Plasma sheet
Analzyer
Intelicard
Materials 5 and who slew of other shit
Welding gasmask
RPE
Upgrade machines
Make Mech Fabricator board
Make SMES boards(RD the power cells first)
Get Materials 5,Power 6,Engineer 6
Decon either a pico or SMB
Materials 6 HOLY FUCK NIGGA

Honestly RD is really easy if you know some of the crutches to it.
Last edited by RG4 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #106602

Flawed.

Capacitor from the tables before the power cells.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #106605

Amelius wrote:I think you forgot about syringe guns / tasers from robotics that speeds this entire process up markedly.

EDIT: Also things like how to get Bluespace tech for BoHs, engineering 6, etc.
This comes in the next part of the guide, whcih I'll be writing tommorow.

But yeah, Syringe guns are a way to speed up the whole process, but I don't like relying on robotics. It's generally better to have at least a alternate way to complete research without relying on Robo for level, but on items you have immediate access to in the department.

Tho, sadly, my process still involves deconning two syringue guns in the end for EM levels. But apart from that, most of the level extra syringue guns give, the sleeper/chem dispenser board fills, so...
Scones wrote:Flawed.

Not really. You'll still get level 2 I believe, whatever happens, capacitor or not - as High-capacity cells has only Power 2. And I'd rather pick the cells quickly than rumaging through the big pile on the right (Tho I have to grab a manipulator).

Nice to see other methods, tho.
RG4

Post by RG4 » #106606

Scones wrote:Flawed.

In the end you still have Super Power Cells and what not. If you want mats 7 wait for mining or be a SMART RD(or ask) and get the high risk boards and decon all of them and they'll give ya neat shit. Blue space is just as easy.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #106607

As someone who frequents plating Robotics, I have no problem making the syringe guns/tazers but MUCH rather not have to waste materials on them when there are other ways. Not to mention it's good to know what to do when Robotics isn't available.

Even more so when I make them for a scientist and then the RD comes and makes more. It's frustrating. Use what you have, it takes longer but saves Robotics the materials.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
RG4

Post by RG4 » #106611

Honestly Laharl this is my method and this is usually being the RD:
3 Mech Syringe Guns - These give Bio,EM,Data Theory, and grant materials 4
1 Intelicard - Gives you materials 5 and few other things I think that cap out at 5.
1 Flame Thrower - Combat 2 and Plasma 1
1 Plasma Sheet - Plasma 1 for that chem dispenser
2 High cap power cells that spawn you get power 3 from due they giving 2 each.
1 Analyzer for a toolbox gives engineer 1
1 Welding gasmask cheaper than a mining drill and gives engineering 3
Make a RPE so you can upgrade and then make a advanced scanner,high power laser,4 PICOS,3 SMBs, and upgrade the machines, the scanner is important later on.
1 Exosuit Fabricator board gives engineer 4
3 SMES boards these will boost your power and engineer to 6 each and affect scanner performance.
1 SMB or Pico INTO the upgraded scanner one of these will decon and give your materials 6
Alternatively get the high risk boards from AI upload and decon all of them, I forget which but they give mats 6 each and you'll get materials 7.
2-3 Durand/Gygas weapons boards will net you combat 5
1 Combat shotgun is combat 6
Blue Space:
1 Tracking beacon gives BS 2
If you really want go decon the station's teleporter and take the boards out from it, they'll get you BS 3-4 which ever.
You'll have access to the teleportation circut boards and you'll be able to cap out around 6 or 7.

AVERAGE TIME to reach capped research w/o mining is around 8-15 minutes from round start. The process of upgrading machines is needing miners to bring minerals for the BEST shit is annoying though.
This is bullshit though.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #106667

Since we're all comparing dick size, this is my guide. I'm sure it's not the very fastest, but it IS the laziest (probably), since the only thing you need from outside of R&D is a plasma sheet (then later minerals/shotgun as normal).

It's slightly out of date since it's from before the crusher nerf, and the changes to the implants, but you should be able to figure it out.

Also more importantly, you can abuse the experimentor to unlock shit you cannot normally get.
For example you can get combat 6 without a shotgun, with a few mech weapon boards - if you have enough patience, you can unlock combat 8 for decloners, or bluespace 10 for mech teleporters, but that would be VERY time consuming.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #106677

Time to shill mine too, I guess. http://pastebin.com/Qxh0Cu1K

Instead of a practice laser gun (which are limited), I use a flash and another Durand board (which can get you to Combat 5 - someone tell this to the people who use three tasers!)
As RG4 said, a welding gas mask is cheaper than a mining drill, and Scones is right about the capacitor being a little more resourceful (because in the event of a power sink, you might want to have a high-cap lying around).
You could get away with using only one syringe gun, too - an advanced scanning module gives you EM 4, and one syringe gun to EM/Bio 5.
Also, if you upgrade the crusher you can still get gold and silver - you can get BRPEDs and phasic scanning modules, meaning you can deconstruct a super matter bin (I think a pico-manip requires an ultralaser DA as well) for Materials 6.

Additionally, you could save a stage by - instead of upgrading the CI with a nano-manipulator first - just using the portable chem dispenser board (which you were going to deconstruct) to make a dispenser, getting more acid, then deconstructing a second PCD board. If you're going to build the dispenser anyway, do it sooner rather than later. Also, Metastation has a public autolathe right outside R&D.
Spoiler:
To get Bluespace up without destroying the teleporter:
Tracking beacon; teleporter console board (from the imprinter); wormhole gen (sync, exofab); teleporter station board (imprinter); teleporter hub board (imprinter).
To get Combat up:
Durand weapons boards. You need Combat 2 to make them, and they can take you all the way to 5. Then just use a combat shotgun from Cargo, or mess around with the experi-mentor for an hour.
Biotech:
Health analyzers are good to get Bio 2. A sleeper board gives 3, a portable chem dispenser board 4 (it also gives you 5 Materials/Data and 4 Plasma, like an intelliCard but better), and a mech syringe gun 5.
Plasma:
A flamethrower, a plasma sheet, a portable chem dispenser board. Quick and easy.
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #106798

TheNightingale wrote: Instead of a practice laser gun (which are limited), I use a flash and another Durand board (which can get you to Combat 5 - someone tell this to the people who use three tasers!)
Works, if we can avoid using the practice laser...Always fun to use, that little toy.
TheNightingale wrote:As RG4 said, a welding gas mask is cheaper than a mining drill
Why didn't I think about that
TheNightingale wrote:You could get away with using only one syringe gun, too - an advanced scanning module gives you EM 4, and one syringe gun to EM/Bio 5.
WHY DIDN'T I THINK ABOUT THAT
TheNightingale wrote:Additionally, you could save a stage by - instead of upgrading the CI with a nano-manipulator first - just using the portable chem dispenser board (which you were going to deconstruct) to make a dispenser, getting more acid, then deconstructing a second PCD board. If you're going to build the dispenser anyway, do it sooner rather than later. Also, Metastation has a public autolathe right outside R&D.
True, but in that case you'll be building with tier 2 parts, and not Tier 3. I just prefer making it 3 immediately, but then, it's more a matter of preference.

Either way, guide have been updated with the suggestions above, and the extra guides you guys have given. I'm trying to do an all-around guide, which I might upload to the wiki at some point or another.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #108963

My name is John Raynes, RD Extraordinaire, and I approve this message.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #109236

lumipharon wrote:Since we're all comparing dick size, this is my guide. I'm sure it's not the very fastest, but it IS the laziest (probably), since the only thing you need from outside of R&D is a plasma sheet (then later minerals/shotgun as normal).

It's slightly out of date since it's from before the crusher nerf, and the changes to the implants, but you should be able to figure it out.

Also more importantly, you can abuse the experimentor to unlock shit you cannot normally get.
For example you can get combat 6 without a shotgun, with a few mech weapon boards - if you have enough patience, you can unlock combat 8 for decloners, or bluespace 10 for mech teleporters, but that would be VERY time consuming.
oh fuck we're on 1.4 already? i've been using 1.2 and making changes in my head all this time
one thing about this 1.4 guide though, if you dont have combat shotties you can still get mats 7 by just upgrading the DA and grinding a femto manipulator

this is probably the most reliable guide if you're doing everything yourself and lack access to robotics, guys
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #112824

There's already 6 of these guides on the RD's job page on the wiki.

If there's so much incompetence around this job that people still need to make these guides every other month, I'd suggest using your energy to actually overhaul the job page.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #112858

R&D guides become outdated very quickly when updates come out (like T4 parts or the crusher buff). It's always good to have one that's up-to-date, I've found.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #114919

Yeah i remember that Singulo topic where we discussed some things and tweaked guides. I havent updated the one i use since then. Too much effort trying keep up-to-date with the changes. R&D meta has been shitty and unbalanced since that insane upgrade PR.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #133562

(That topic was mine, by the way. Through a combination of cunning guile and necromancy, I've made another just like it!)

Cadence looks around, then slides a closed folder over to you. It has an atom symbol on the front. You open it, and it contains her latest copy of the ultimate R&D path.
Version 3.1: http://pastebin.com/xHZmkgEQ (accurate and maximally efficient as of 13/11/15). Suggestions are welcomed.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #139331

So is there a more optimal way of doing R&D, does anyone know? Together, we can rule the world with our science powers.