26%

Total votes: 171

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

ATTN: How to lower amount of SS13 Drama

Post by iamgoofball » #6164

If you run into something in SS13 that makes you angry, here's what you need to do:

Step 1. Step away from the computer.

Step 2. Set a 5 minute timer and make it go.

Step 3. Go do something else for those 5 minutes. Get some soda, eat a big mac, play some other video game not using your computer, etc.
Step 3.1. If you have not calmed down to a normal emotion level, reset the timer back to 5 minutes and repeat.

Step 4. Once you are fully calm, come back to the computer, and continue what you were doing, but calmer and with more thinking involved.

This should help with our drama problem a bit, if you people actually follow the instructions.

Most of the drama we've had with people getting so angry and not stopping? We could of avoided that if we did the simple task of stepping away from the computer for 5 minutes.

If you find yourself unable to leave the computer for even 5 minutes, please follow this link. It will send you to sites with valuable information for you.

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.
Last edited by iamgoofball on Thu May 15, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Giacom
Byond Username: Giacomand

Re: ATTN: How to lower drama percentages

Post by Giacom » #6165

Ever since the forum move, the drama has been at an all time low. It's kinda nice.
Check out my MiniStation map, for low population servers. http://tgstation13.org/wiki/MiniStation
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: ATTN: How to lower amount of SS13 Drama

Post by oranges » #6175

An actual proper solution is:

Step 1: Let your rage build for a few moments

Step 2: Open your web browser of choice

Step 3: navigate to singulo.io

Step 4: Write a huge long angry rant against the admin conspiracy, the coder conspiracy, any players you feel have wronged you, call out the shitlords and lambast your critics as worthless cowards

Step 5: Choose a really appropriate reaction image

Step 6: Submit and feel your self relaxing as you vent

Step 7: Whiskey

Step 8: Submit another long rant about how sorry you are for the first rant and retract all your accusations

Step 9: Rinse and Repeat as required.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #6194

The current method to prevent drama seems to be, in my view, to be more aggressive about removing people who start causing it.

But yeah, the "Super Aggro Crag" approach is still best; don't get in trouble, don't cause drama, and don't continue it.

Giacom's right, there's been literally no drama. I don't think it's because of the forum move or anything, but hey, it's still nice.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #6216

An anonymous place everyone can get upset and angry and vent on tends to draw the anger and hate away from the forums.

It's really an excellent idea. That and moving posts instead of deleting then outright. I just use singulo to ask stupid questions.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #6218

Stickymayhem wrote:An anonymous place everyone can get upset and angry and vent on tends to draw the anger and hate away from the forums.

It's really an excellent idea. That and moving posts instead of deleting then outright. I just use singulo to ask stupid questions.
I agree. Check out my sig for the new Stenography.

CERTAIN ADMINS cant remove your SHITPOSTS on it
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #6223

Step 1: Wander off and do something constructive.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #6225

What drama? Adminbus, coderbus and the forums are pretty chill atm
I accept donations, click here
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #6229

1. Immediately ahelp. Include the words cunt, Faggot and adminconspiracy in any order you like.
2. Make an admin complaint if they don't immediately gib the guy who killed you/make you a space ninja/give you a marauder.
3. Post on their feedback with general negative comments that suggest they are constantly an asshole.
4. Loiter in #adminbus and pm SoS several times daily
5. Call any admins who try to make you leave circlejerking cocksuckers
6. Make a ban request for the admin who refused to help you without following the format.
7. At this point everything should work out in your favour. If not, go to Step 8.
8. DDoS, then repeat 3-8 until desired result.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #6235

Helios127 wrote:secret stenography forum
I've been telling people to go there instead of ranting about stenography for the past two weeks, I'ts hardly a secret.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #6242

Drama is at an all time low.

Errorage is gone.

Coincidence?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #6255

There's nothing to really complain about anymore, and I think it's gonna stay this way. Most of the really vocal players are gone or play on <redacted>.
Skyclad.Observer

Post by Skyclad.Observer » #6257

Apsis wrote:There's nothing to really complain about anymore, and I think it's gonna stay this way. Most of the really vocal players are gone or play on <redacted>.
Well if we need someone to step up to the plate and become the shit disturber we never wanted...

#FreeTonto
#Free2beard
#FreeRedtape
#FreeCDB
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #6267

After this realize it's just video games.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #6290

guys I think we've found an even better solution

remove server = remove drama
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #6294

Skyclad.Observer wrote:
Apsis wrote:There's nothing to really complain about anymore, and I think it's gonna stay this way. Most of the really vocal players are gone or play on <redacted>.
Well if we need someone to step up to the plate and become the shit disturber we never wanted...

#FreeTonto
#Free2beard
#FreeRedtape
#FreeCDB
Aw hell no.

For once that the forums are peacefull, and dramaless.
It's funny, but ever since the forum split, I get the feeling the people that are most concerned by /tg/station are actually here. (Might be wrong, tho). The rest stayed on the NTStation forums - or don't really know about the new forums.

I like it that way.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #6298

I open up DreamMaker and work on my own station maps to cool off/pass time after I inevitably die.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #6306

I cool off the official Coderbus© way.
1. Code a nerf for whatever killed you/kept you from greentext/made you sad.
2. Mail three dollars and fifty cents to any maintainer
3. await merge.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Giacom
Byond Username: Giacomand

Post by Giacom » #6309

I told you not to mail money, it is very unsafe, use a cheque instead.
Check out my MiniStation map, for low population servers. http://tgstation13.org/wiki/MiniStation
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #6312

Giacom wrote:I told you not to mail money, it is very unsafe, use a cheque instead.
Preferably blank but signed and dated
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #6326

how to lower drama: stop making threads drawing attention to drama you fffffffffffucking moron
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #64801

test
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #64809

I must be dreaming, because I swear this thread is made by Goof "This post was deleted on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:03 am, Reason: fuck you players" Ball.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #64811

Honestly, this avoids drama by being comedy gold.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #64815

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Big Faggot
Byond Username: Floof5467

Post by Big Faggot » #64816

peoplearestrange wrote:
Giacom wrote:I told you not to mail money, it is very unsafe, use a cheque instead.
Preferably blank but signed and dated
sgut the fuck up
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #64837

what drama
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #64875

goofball should still shut the fuck up
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #67328

Fuck off, please.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #67333

every poll or ingame vote should have a FUCK YOU option

http://a.pomf.se/noveak.webm
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.