What you wish there was more of in the game

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

What you wish there was more of in the game

Post by Helios » #132755

What do you wish there was more of in the game? Elements that are underutilized, things you wish people did more, and so on.

The lack of reason to go off z-level is annoying. There used to be Malf being off station forever ago, now there is literally no game reason to go.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: What you wish there was more of in the game

Post by onleavedontatme » #132760

A sense of purpose or goal. The reason everyone griefs and validhunts is because there is nothing to do and no reason for most jobs to exist.

The station starts fully stocked (with most resources being infinite) and more or less runs itself unless a player deliberately breaks something.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #132762

More emphasis on the station itself, and how much the crew depend on its smooth operation to survive.
Mime: Depresso
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #132763

invisty wrote:More emphasis on the station itself, and how much the crew depend on its smooth operation to survive.
If you want that look into making the outside of the station far more hazardous than it is currently, and that area's exposed to space can become very lethal in short order.

Things like microasteroids that can pierce non-armoured space suits, radiation spikes that irradiate anyone without space protection, actual meteors travelling around space but are stopped from hitting the station due to anti-meteor railguns (which could be disabled).

Perhaps look at making the station require a constant surge of engine power to maintain a stable orbit around a nearby planet, and that long term failure of power could result in the station descending into the planet's atmosphere, breaking the station apart.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #132768

Steelpoint wrote:Ideas
I think that anything that is inherently RNG-cause-of-death is a bad thing. So no, meteors should really remain as an event with a forewarning.

But events are a great idea to work with. The warnings they provide can be in advance enough to force the hands of players in ways they don't like.

Something like what you said with meteorites would be neat. A simple way to code it would be that if a railgun (or maybe a shield generator?) was disabled, meteorites would occasionally spawn in that sector, leading the a pock-marked hull.

Perhaps a good way to implement the "keep it powered or suffer" idea you presented might be through having the station generate heat from some generic heaters that run off the powergrid. Station loses power = put on your jackets and turn up the (carbon-dioxide-emitting) heaters to keep alive. (Think the firefly episode where serenity loses engine power and starts to freeze). I wonder how easy this would be to implement with the current atmos/turf simulation system. You'd have to add some sort of heat-loss mechanic.

I am skeptical, however, that a lot of the playerbase doesn't want anything like this getting in the way of their spaceman-clicking-murder-sim.
Last edited by invisty on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mime: Depresso
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #132769

More PvE, in general.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #132770

It wouldn't be a case of RNG causing you to have a 5% chance of being hit by 'X' every 20 seconds, it would be akin to a mini-environmental event that occurs on a regular basis, with a warning issued well in advance. Maybe tied to a radar system on station.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #132881

I wish space was more lethal. Like you get sucked out in a second if an airlock is open. Holes in space will suck you in and kill you. Not oh dear a hole better move quick!
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #132887

All I want is door safeties to be removed.

Don't stand in the damn doorway you turd. Wanna rush in behind the captain? Too slow? Crunch.

It would also give rogue AIs some benefit of doubt, "The idiot just stood in the door too long, I certainly did not crush him."
Would give greyshirts a new way to be worthless cunts, table some dude in medbay and then shove him in the door.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #132891

More tiny/misc items.

Like i should be able to take appart a zippo, just for shits and giggles.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #132894

Game Mode Odds:
blob 6.3%
traitorchan 10.4%
double_agents 6.3%
traitor 16.7%
extended 2.1%
gang 10.4%
handofgod 8.3%
malfunction 6.3%
nuclear 10.4%
revolution 8.3%
shadowling 6.3%
wizard 8.3%

I just realized that 2/3 rounds are gonna be team death match/conversion spam, meme spam (wizard) or some other huge threat the entire crew has to deal with (malf/blob).

And we wonder why our playerbase is so into the game aspect of things. Having a round in which you have time to rp or build something weird is the exception, not the norm.

Most of these deathmatches dont even play very well since they're shoehorned into maps/around gear that exist with other things in mind, and with wildly varying team numbers.

I also love playing those modes and mindlessly killing people so I am part of the problem.
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #132898

Abandon ship kor
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #132899

Recall we can fix it
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #132908

Force call. Ai law two no recalls. Engineering please decon all comm stations.

Less team mode bullshit as stated by kor I think.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #132923

roleplaying and peace
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #133003

alternative ways to accumulate research points, the destructive analyzer is mind-numbing
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #133017

Space being way more deadly. Its supposed to be the vacum of space, not a minor inconvenience. Maybe a relook at our atmospherics code? Depressurisation just seems to more be like a room being swapped with toxic water or something deadly and slow, rather than a freakin hull breach to space. (Seriously no one ever even bothers with emergency barriers/firedoors/sheild gens.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #133020

Depends on how "realistic" you want space exposure to be.

Average human can remain concious for around 15 seconds when in hard vacuum, 30 seconds at the best. If someone who is exposed to space is returned to a liveable environment within 90 seconds of exposure they'll make a full recovery, after that and good bye.

In that context our space exposure system is somewhat well aligned with what you can expect realisitlly, all thing's considered.

Well, with far less blood all over.

E: Best way to make a space exposure more deadly is to make atmo very fast, in that if a hole is made in a room then anything not bolted down (people included) get flung out in the direction of the breach at a very rapid pace, as well as them losing their footing. In that case however you would also need to make firelocks also account for rapid changes to air pressure so that they can close off to prevent half the station being unlivable within 20 seconds of a breach.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #133021

Steelpoint wrote: E: Best way to make a space exposure more deadly is to make atmo very fast, in that if a hole is made in a room then anything not bolted down (people included) get flung out in the direction of the breach at a very rapid pace, as well as them losing their footing. In that case however you would also need to make firelocks also account for rapid changes to air pressure so that they can close off to prevent half the station being unlivable within 20 seconds of a breach.
Is that possible?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #133026

RP. Not the 20 paragraph catbeast bio kind of RP, but the kind where I can talk my way out of getting murdered in Rev as the CMO. Just like, the opportunity to let my guard down and do something without getting stun-cuff-incinerator'd would be wonderful.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #133027

Until the server gets rid of the 'valid' mindset and expands on features so there's more to so than valid, that probably won't happen.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #133030

Steelpoint wrote:
E: Best way to make a space exposure more deadly is to make atmo very fast, in that if a hole is made in a room then anything not bolted down (people included) get flung out in the direction of the breach at a very rapid pace, as well as them losing their footing. In that case however you would also need to make firelocks also account for rapid changes to air pressure so that they can close off to prevent half the station being unlivable within 20 seconds of a breach.

"Hey, you know that space wind thing?"

"Yeah man, I just wish it was more annoying."

-Very few people outside this thread
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133032

The pushing from space wind would actually be less of an issue if the room drained faster. No wind if theres no air.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #133033

The reason why the older implementation of space wind was obnoxious was due to how the effects of it lasted forever, or at least long enough to kill you and anyone who tries to rescue you.

If the room drained of air very fast, or it simply works akin to my 'blowout' suggestion above, then it would not be as much a issue.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #133041

I think bay atmos has fast depressurization
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #133046

Bay's atmos is area-based instead of per-tile isn't it?
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #133052

Ya, so this leads to interesting things, like a fire spreading to every tile in a room the moment you open an airlock, each time knocking you on your ass.

Or powersinking the station, crowbarring thru maint, then opening a airlock to space to basically drain most of the station of air in under a second, even real space isn't that bad.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #133053

Bay = Fast Atmos
Current TG = Slow Atmos
Future TG = Medium Atmos???
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #133070

More like:

Bay = instantmos
Current TG = fastmos
Future TG = fastermos???
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #133072

Lethality. I miss everything being dangerous and a potential weapon, anyone being able to take anyone out regardless of position and equipment. I miss the days when equipment would only give you an advantage since everything had potential to be lethal, rather than it being an 'I win button' (see: disablers). I miss the older, more robust playerbase. I miss robust chems. Probably most of all, I miss chem foam/smoke grenades actually doing things, and especially fastspace.

At this point I feel like everyone had been chained with kiddie gloves and the floors / walls are padded, and it's only been getting worse. Enjoyment of this game was like a pyramid for me - I started off enjoying learning about all the features, jobs, and item interactions, and as I approached mastery things just got better and better, and stayed good for months after. Then a couple years back things started getting progressively worse - the playerbase moved back a step, retarded changes were pushed one after another, and much of the former fun I found was squeezed out of the game. Antags were dialed back, especially in terms of numbers as well, so that didn't help.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #133074

Legitimate reasons to blow shit up.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #133122

Gibs. I mean ways to come back outside the traditional are standard now but no one cares because medbay parade back up in seconds. Bring back the gibs.
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #133255

I also wish there was more room to experiment in chemistry. More hidden shit like on goon
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #133269

I also miss the whole team play situation. It always felt like stations crew worked together, specially within a department (back in the day when nations actually worked). These days I rarely see the station pull together as a whole to beat a threat together (like blob and such), way to many lone wolfs gathering all they could in an attempt to survive, like its Rust or something (though tbh I love that game for what it is, except too many dicks, literally).
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:I also wish there was more room to experiment in chemistry. More hidden shit like on goon
That only really works with a closed code. Otherwise it perfectly possible to look at PR's or go through the code.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #133271

peoplearestrange wrote:I also miss the whole team play situation. It always felt like stations crew worked together, specially within a department (back in the day when nations actually worked). These days I rarely see the station pull together as a whole to beat a threat together (like blob and such), way to many lone wolfs gathering all they could in an attempt to survive, like its Rust or something (though tbh I love that game for what it is, except too many dicks, literally).
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:I also wish there was more room to experiment in chemistry. More hidden shit like on goon
That only really works with a closed code. Otherwise it perfectly possible to look at PR's or go through the code.

A boy can dream can't he?
Lzimann's best friend.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #133291

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:I also miss the whole team play situation. It always felt like stations crew worked together, specially within a department (back in the day when nations actually worked). These days I rarely see the station pull together as a whole to beat a threat together (like blob and such), way to many lone wolfs gathering all they could in an attempt to survive, like its Rust or something (though tbh I love that game for what it is, except too many dicks, literally).

A boy can dream can't he?
Well, there's hidden interactions of certain stuff+eggs.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #133347

Shh! Don't reveal the secret egg technique!
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #133661

erp :^]
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #133665

Steelpoint's sec pistols
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #133672

Deathhoof's ban-baiting attempts and tears.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #133677

Cable coil, and imminent destruction of hulks/insane geneticists

Spoiler:
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #133994

People using and reading newscasters.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134002

Saegrimr wrote:All I want is door safeties to be removed.

Don't stand in the damn doorway you turd. Wanna rush in behind the captain? Too slow? Crunch.

It would also give rogue AIs some benefit of doubt, "The idiot just stood in the door too long, I certainly did not crush him."
Would give greyshirts a new way to be worthless cunts, table some dude in medbay and then shove him in the door.
This. This is the sort of lethality I want inthis game, not "spess wind says you can't walk down this corridor, for 20 minutes, fuck you"

The station is supposed to be a "death trap masquerading as a space station." Shit like this, which will fuck you up if you're not careful, but is perfectly functional if you watch yourself, should be encouraged.

Cryo making you a sleeping pleb unless you resist for 2 minutes like it used to, chemistry auto locking you down and getting you killed unless the AI intervenes because your dumb ass mixed napalm without stabiliser, the shuttle/mining shuttle destroying your dumb ass because you thought that was a good place to stand. This is good, we need more scrub killing features, which robust people can then use to intentionally kill people with.
Last edited by lumipharon on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #134003

I would love if there was a way for people that aren't the AI/borgs to disable the door safeties, but them being off by default seems a bit ridiculous.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #134004

you can disable safeties with a multitool/wire cutters, but that's hardly practical for more then a few doors.

Also keeping in mind that you can move through doors while they're partially open these days (opening OR closing) it really wouldn't be that bad.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #134011

It does remove the functionality of keeping a door open by standing in it or moving something between the doors, though.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #134018

More opportunities for sabotage really, like being able to put a very small amount of explosives in APCs and have them set to go off with a signaller. You can sorta do that with plasma in the power cell but that's more of boobytrapping for if/when an engineer comes along, and hooking up a signaller directly is only temporary.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134019

Anonmare wrote:More opportunities for sabotage really, like being able to put a very small amount of explosives in APCs and have them set to go off with a signaller. You can sorta do that with plasma in the power cell but that's more of boobytrapping for if/when an engineer comes along, and hooking up a signaller directly is only temporary.
I cannot remember exactly but what if you pulsed/cut the power wire off, swapped the batteries, turn the breaker off then pulsed it on via sensor? proximity sensor, set to a 1 tile radius i guess, hidden infrared sensor works too if its in a particular clutch spot. (build booby trapped light fixtures to windows and then place a active infrared close by hooked up to a signaller APC to activate.

I wish personally there were more perks to being flypeople, they are much unloved, perhaps a ability to see a small amount beyond then normal range (Thermal?/Xray/Other?) and triple benefits for half actual reagent effect of hyperactivity in the intake of eating sugar, meaning you can subsist very well and heal up good by gorging yourself on 4no rasins or twinkies (even raw sugar)

Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #134020

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Anonmare wrote:More opportunities for sabotage really, like being able to put a very small amount of explosives in APCs and have them set to go off with a signaller. You can sorta do that with plasma in the power cell but that's more of boobytrapping for if/when an engineer comes along, and hooking up a signaller directly is only temporary.
I cannot remember exactly but what if you pulsed/cut the power wire off, swapped the batteries, turn the breaker off then pulsed it on via sensor? proximity sensor, set to a 1 tile radius i guess, hidden infrared sensor works too if its in a particular clutch spot. (build booby trapped light fixtures to windows and then place a active infrared close by hooked up to a signaller APC to activate.

I wish personally there were more perks to being flypeople, they are much unloved, perhaps a ability to see a small amount beyond then normal range (Thermal?/Xray/Other?) and triple benefits for half actual reagent effect of hyperactivity in the intake of eating sugar, meaning you can subsist very well and heal up good by gorging yourself on 4no rasins or twinkies (even raw sugar)

The reason there's no benefit to being a fly person is because being a fly person is what happens when you start being an impatient shit and teleport before the damn thing calibrates.

It's not supposed to be a good thing.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134024

newfren wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:

The reason there's no benefit to being a fly person is because being a fly person is what happens when you start being an impatient shit and teleport before the damn thing calibrates.

It's not supposed to be a good thing.
Its not even a real penalty that stops people, just a slightly meaningless filler and pop culture reference to 'The Fly' quite rare actually for TG i guess for it to be so open and widely known.

Spoiler: