Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #622367

Bottom post of the previous page:

i hate people who are so dense that they dont pay attention at all to anything that anyone says
like one round i screamed out both the name and location of a tot that was murdering me on a shift with 3 seccies, a det, a warden and a HoS, literally no one noticed and they all said "wheres cap?" then completely forgot that i even existed
like seriously what else are you doing that's making you forget about the literal murder of the captain
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622399

Notgonnabreaktherule wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:02 pm i hate people who are so dense that they dont pay attention at all to anything that anyone says
like one round i screamed out both the name and location of a tot that was murdering me on a shift with 3 seccies, a det, a warden and a HoS, literally no one noticed and they all said "wheres cap?" then completely forgot that i even existed
like seriously what else are you doing that's making you forget about the literal murder of the captain
Same thing happened to me as AI.
I yell out "Somebody planted a bomb outside my upload"
Bomb explodes
With my last digital breath, I say over common: "My upload exploded. Someone's trying to kill me."
I get EMP'd. Tator beats me to a pulp, takes me to a space ruin and leaves me there.
Command staff five minutes later: "Hey, anyone know what happened to the AI?" and "Hey, did anyone notice the upload is destroyed?"
► Show Spoiler
Notgonnabreaktherule
Byond Username: Notgonnabreaktherules2

Post by Notgonnabreaktherule » #622904

i absolutely abhor people who loot AFK and lagging people, absolute scum of the fucking earth
resident european on basil
► Show Spoiler
do not take books from me
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622905

Notgonnabreaktherule wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:49 pm i absolutely abhor people who loot AFK and lagging people, absolute scum of the fucking earth
No joke, one round I spawned in as roundstart CE and my BYOND crashed. Within the <2 minutes it took for me to log back in, the vultures/engineers hacked into my office, stripped me of my ID, and stole all the gear out of my locker. For the life of me, I can't understand that mindset.
► Show Spoiler
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #622931

You know that adage about not gatting a traitor buying a sus toolbox in dorms 2 10 seconds into the shift? Well seeing a heretic sac a monkey in disposals for limbs & shit, turning 360 and walking away kinda takes away the point of remaining concealed. I dont mean you should perma them, but at least arrest them and *accidentally* leave their spooky gear on the rune, then shove em in a standard cell for a minute or give em 100 points in gulag. Just pretending you didn't see anything is dumb.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #622934

Farquaar wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:28 pm
Notgonnabreaktherule wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:49 pm i absolutely abhor people who loot AFK and lagging people, absolute scum of the fucking earth
No joke, one round I spawned in as roundstart CE and my BYOND crashed. Within the <2 minutes it took for me to log back in, the vultures/engineers hacked into my office, stripped me of my ID, and stole all the gear out of my locker. For the life of me, I can't understand that mindset.
Which server?
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #622937

cacogen wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:48 am
Farquaar wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:28 pm
Which server?
Sybil I think
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #622939

Bless their hearts
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #626322

Honestly some impressive efficiency from the little bastards

Anyway I'm now adding "people who take a job that has a 1-player limit or roundstart limit, then don't do that job"

Virologist. Chef. Bartender. Nothing rankles like losing that job slot to someone who doesn't intend to actually infect/cook/bartend
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #627563

When people take screenshots for their PR while wearing the Captains' uniform.

You can literally spawn in any costume in the game in mere seconds. Heck, you can spawn in as any profession and spawn in a captain's ID in seconds. Have some showmanship, for Honkmother's sake! You've already put in the hard work to make your PR; what's so burdensome about an extra 10 seconds to make your screenshot look cooler?
Last edited by Farquaar on Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #627585

southpaw.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #628028

Felinids who try to trick you into obeying their Law 2 orders.
I really should stop giving them warnings and just shock them next time they try it.
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #632722

Players that shove you repeatedly over minor slights, but when you shove back they freak out.
Like bruh, don't dish it out if you can't take it in.
► Show Spoiler
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #632723

People that call shoving assault.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #632727

People that may as well play without the chat window.

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #632731

Agux909 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:27 pm People that may as well play without the chat window.
Um ok Im the mime.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #632741

People that think you are valid to kill if you make a tiny 30 water 30 pot bomb as hos and blow it up (hurting exactly 0 people and not even destroying the tile it exploded on)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #632852

Farquaar wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:47 pm Players that shove you repeatedly over minor slights, but when you shove back they freak out.
Like bruh, don't dish it out if you can't take it in.
I can't stand anyone who takes being shoved as personal insult, as though I know them intimately in real life and am shitting on the exact thing they hold most dear. It's a joke, in a video game. Get shoved.
Agux909 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:27 pm People that may as well play without the chat window.
I remember when I first started playing I would obsessively examine everyone I met and pore over the chat window at all times but now I hardly ever look at the fucking thing and almost never examine people. And it was way harder to keep track of chat messages back then, there was no Runechat, there was no Goonchat and combat messages weren't limited in range and routinely spammed the length of multiple chat windows. Couldn't resize text either.

I have no explanation for this change other than I just don't care anymore.
InfiniteGalaxies
Byond Username: InfiniteGalaxies

Post by InfiniteGalaxies » #632855

sprites not fitting into the enviroment, or look unnatural yet still get merged. Cough canisters cough
► Show Spoiler
Plays Manuel and TGMC.

Ticky tocky goes clocky, you did an icky ocky!
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #632919

InfiniteGalaxies wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:06 pm sprites not fitting into the enviroment, or look unnatural yet still get merged. Cough canisters cough
why don't you become a spriter then buddy, better yet why don't you resprite every single canister since your complaining.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #632966

The sec vest respite is also like this
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #633022

Kel-the-Oblivious wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:09 am I wish cargo had the ability to distribute the minerals around, instead of everyone just drawing from the same pool. Sometimes you need to punish Robotics for researching combat mechs before getting miners their NV mesons, or worse, their fucking tools.
The QM has vault access and a remote that lets him unbolt the doors. Go to the silo and cut robotics's circuit imprinter and exofabs off from the network. Now they either A) have to grab mats from science, which is obnoxious for them or B) can't do their job, which is obnoxious for them.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #633180

I roll Shaft Miner, feeling good about today and I quest to go hunting for tendrils.
I go near an structure with lava surrounding it.
“okay, I should be careful, if I fall in here I’ll be heavily injured and in crit”
I tread carefully around the lava.
My computer/game immediately lags, causing me to fall into the lava, and it takes a very long time to actually try to get out.
I enter crit, unable to treat myself.
I die.

Next round I play, I roll Shaft Miner again.
I find an tendril.
I kill it with my PKA.
I run to the chest.
My computer/game immediately lags, again.
I fall into the darkness and die.

I know Lavaland is suppose to be unforgiving, but admit it. This has happened to you at least ONCE.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #633231

Epicgamer545 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:27 pm I know Lavaland is suppose to be unforgiving, but admit it. This has happened to you at least ONCE.
You'll get used to it
Attachments
unknown-8.png
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #647554

Getting notes that completely misrepresent what actually happened but don't get repealed because the banning admin says "no" and the headmins don't want to look at it.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #647654

Turning a simple shove joke fight into aggro grab->table.

it's honestly obnoxious as fuck and makes your vibes absolutely awful
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #647709

people who say "x is bad" or "x is tot" instead of "x is a syndicate agent" and etc
Last edited by toemas on Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toemas

Post by toemas » #647712

massa wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:26 pm Turning a simple shove joke fight into aggro grab->table.

table slams do hardly any damage
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #647742

toemas wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:43 pm
massa wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:26 pm Turning a simple shove joke fight into aggro grab->table.

i find it to be an annoying escalation of what i consider a greeting
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #647990

I love shoving someone onto a table only to get put into crit by them. I think these people were bullied.
toemas

Post by toemas » #648009

massa wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:45 am
toemas wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:43 pm

i find it to be an annoying escalation of what i consider a greeting
But i like committing acts of violence against people
SilencedMP5A5
Byond Username: SilencedMP5A5

Post by SilencedMP5A5 » #648286

xenos existing
c*ders that cater to xenos
running out of revolvers
c*ders when they nerf revolver again (14 times so far!!!!)
SCPL Serdykov 'Ocelot' Antoz of the TGMC
also known as REVOLVER MAN
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #648814

xenos are ten years overdue for a nerf ; )
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #648820

you have no opinion you are permabanned
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: