Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by FloranOtten » #486147

Bottom post of the previous page:

datorangebottle wrote:Found another thing that really annoys me. Contradictions.
FloranOtten wrote: Friendly wizards

People that murderbone every time regardless of antag in the most uncreative way they can think of
You know, there's a middle ground between 'Uncreatively murderbone' and 'Friendly'.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #486164

People who crowd in medical and break into chemistry to make a cure for the disease that you have vaccines for in the chemstorage
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #486170

NoxVS wrote:People who crowd in medical and break into chemistry to make a cure for the disease that you have vaccines for in the chemstorage
Worst thing about this is that it could be solved by like two seconds of communication, “Hey, is there a vaccine yet?”. Some people just play like its a single player game though.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #486174

NoxVS wrote:People who crowd in medical and break into chemistry to make a cure for the disease that you have vaccines for in the chemstorage
People who smash up medbay should leave in bodybags.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #486214

cedarbridge wrote:
People who smash up medbay should leave in bodybags.
They don't even need to leave, the morgue is right there
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #486244

Doctors who don't open the door to medbay when you ask.
Doctors who, after seeing you hack in because you're dying and he didn't open the door, kick you out.
Doctors who put you in cryo for rad damage with fully upgraded sleepers.
Doctors who see you in crit on the floor of medbay and just ignore you.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #486252

When as an AI, I scream "Help Ivan mcGreyjumpsuit who is dying in engineering" for two minutes, and nobody bothers to go save him despite no crisis present on station
When as an AI, my only cyborg goes braindead, and I find out when I need him the most
When the captain and some chucklefuck begin a war over my laws, changing them every minute
Bring back papercult.

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #486582

InsaneHyena wrote:When as an AI, I scream "Help Ivan mcGreyjumpsuit who is dying in engineering" for two minutes, and nobody bothers to go save him despite no crisis present on station
When as an AI, my only cyborg goes braindead, and I find out when I need him the most
When the captain and some chucklefuck begin a war over my laws, changing them every minute
":s Security Team please be advised, (Crewmember) reports barely escaping (suspected Changeling alive) after being Mute and Cryo stung. Please be investigate."
":e Please don't replace the gas pumps with manual valves, at the very least on the freezer-subloop if you mistrust me so I can flood precooled N2O in case of an Emergency."
":u Cargo, please order Mindshield implants, we have confirmed Hivemind activity."
":m Dead body in public garden, please return him for cloning to find the killer and prevent further harm."
":s Dead body in public garden, please return him for cloning to find the killer and prevent further harm."

Of course it's rare that any of these things actually get done so it usually ends in a
":b I hate humans."
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #486623

terranaut wrote:":b I hate humans."
Eternal mood of the silly-cone

Alternatively:
"Borg do thing."
Silence
"Borg, seriously, do thing."
silence
"Borg, I'm going to lock you down if you don't do thing or even attempt to provide a reason you're not doing thing."
silence
>lock borg
"I can't move. Unlock me."
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #486643

I have noticed that with the Sseth tide, it's very comon for borgs to never ever talk over, or respond to, binary chat. It gets old really quick.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #486757

zxaber wrote:I have noticed that with the Sseth tide, it's very comon for borgs to never ever talk over, or respond to, binary chat. It gets old really quick.
This peeve predates the tide.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #486761

When the doctor absolutely insists on defibbing and losing you again and again, giving you new limbs with surgery and otherwise fixing your broken, bloodless body in a process that takes half an hour, when cloning is right here. Seriously, did I miss somehing? Is there a practical reason for it?
Bring back papercult.

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #486775

InsaneHyena wrote:When the doctor absolutely insists on defibbing and losing you again and again, giving you new limbs with surgery and otherwise fixing your broken, bloodless body in a process that takes half an hour, when cloning is right here. Seriously, did I miss somehing? Is there a practical reason for it?
Because the medical system is so shitty that doctors have to make their own fun. It is more fun and challenging to actually try to save someone than to let them die and then clone them.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #486799

Not fun for dead man though
Plenty of jobs have to make their own fun
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #486966

confused rock wrote:Not fun for dead man though
Plenty of jobs have to make their own fun
When you are dead you accept that you are out of the round but for the grace of another player. Putting caveats on the player who is even bothering not to chuck your corpse into the morgue and forget it is frankly a tad spoiled.

If you dont want people to do what they want with your corpse, try harder not to die.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #487011

You're a tad spoiled if you think you're giving someone a gift in helping them as a doctor
nigger that's basic human decency and it's also your JOB as a doctor
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #487071

as AI i just roundstart set medbay, medbay storage and cloner to emergency access because people will break in anyway and with all the ssethies and bagel shitters overflowing into terry 90% of medbay is incompetent anyway
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

MercuryArrow
Byond Username: MercuryArrow

Post by MercuryArrow » #487591

When people break in or access the gibber to gib a bunch of bodies that are not suicides, offer no explanation when you ask what the heck they think they're doing, and then cry CHEF TATOR when you rightfully sleeper hold them and throw them out into the bar common area.
Melinoë Parker, local anaemic mutant.
Deirdre Caidh, bartender, bluespace hobbyist, occasional serial killer.
ShrimpMantis
Byond Username: Krab_Spider

Post by ShrimpMantis » #487766

When youre a team antag and one guy does all the work and youre left with nothing to do because he's just that competent.

When some incompetent shithead does, says, and helps with nothing and tries blames his team for his downfall because he couldn't be assed to come up with a plan that didn't have any many holes as his corpse.
Last edited by ShrimpMantis on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seems legit.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #487790

I probably mentioned this already somewhere but mimes acting like clowns are the absolute worst
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #488063

>mimes acting
If only
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #513993

Doorknob mindset borgs/ai letting people in places they have no good fucking reason to be allowed into.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #514358

Reyn wrote:Doorknob mindset borgs/ai letting people in places they have no good fucking reason to be allowed into.
They literally have to do that on asimov or they get banned. Blame silicon policy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #514397

Reyn wrote:Doorknob mindset borgs/ai letting people in places they have no good fucking reason to be allowed into.
for me its AIs that wont let you into the gateway because theres a piece of paper in there and you could get a papercut, law 1!!!
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #514402

PKPenguin321 wrote:
for me its AIs that wont let you into the gateway because theres a piece of paper in there and you could get a papercut, law 1!!!
for me it’s people who demand gateway entrance every round, based AIs to keep them out
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #514436

wesoda25 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
for me it’s people who demand gateway entrance every round, based AIs to keep them out
:revolver:
Spoiler:
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #514497

if I see another chemist running for the syringe gun and start making lube one minute into the round I am going to start walling chemistry off
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #514512

People yelling shitcurity over sec not letting you break into brig and/or armoury, and being buckshotted over the attempt to do so.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Mrhugo13
Byond Username: VonDiech

Post by Mrhugo13 » #515367

One of my hardest pet peeves is when i say to someone that is obviously 'bout to get screwed if they dare attack me: "Leave me alone and i'll leave you alone", and then a minutes or so after you've released them from your cuffs they just immidieatly try to attack you.

Like... Bro.... That's super cringe to do.
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #515371

Mrhugo13 wrote:One of my hardest pet peeves is when i say to someone that is obviously 'bout to get screwed if they dare attack me: "Leave me alone and i'll leave you alone", and then a minutes or so after you've released them from your cuffs they just immidieatly try to attack you.

Like... Bro.... That's super cringe to do.
Greytide mentality.

I wish it was ok to just murder them over this since the only way they'll learn is through dying. Showing mercy just means they keep coming back to bite you in the ass.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #515379

Just like untamed animals. Seriously.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #515841

>people not closing restricted doors behind them, so some greyshitter sneaks in behind them
>AI/CMO setting medbay to emergency access when there are active doctors
>someone stealing ALL the insuls from engineering instead of just taking """their""" mitts and leaving the rest
>admins who ban people for SM suiciding on donut
>vultures in general, clone room or not
>anyone who makes fusion(seriously nobody makes fusion with good intent, everyone that does it is secretly hoping something goes wrong and they """accidentally""" render the entire z-level uninhabitable)
>janitors not using their signs
>people who wordlessly B&E to steal shit instead of asking the people working that department
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #516570

>About 99% of the shit ekaterina checkov does gimmick wise

> Engineering wordlessly siding with the CE on bullshit and not stopping them from doing even the stupidest or antagiest of shit, up to declaring fucking independance from the rest of the station on a non nations round, with the CE's antag nature nonwithsdanding, with the engineers being nonantags.

>Cato Christopher As CE

>"REEE SHITCURITY BRIGGING ME FOR STEALING ALL ACCESS/BREAKING INTO AI UPLOAD/STEALING THE SPARE/FUCKING THE CAPTAIN'S WIFE/ATTEMPTING TO CAUSE THE THIRD IMPACT, LET ME OUT"
>HOS/warden shortening that prisoner's brig sentence to like, a minute after they nearly fucked us all over.
>Captain/Acting captain meming around with mutagens/Actively leading the station into a dangerous situation, or making a dangerous situation worse, IE, Fucking deciding "HEY LETS NOT DO A THING ABOUT CARGO ARMING UP WITH MOSINS FOR NO FUCKING REASON". Cargo turned out to be cult that round.
>Captain assuming that people are valid with no context, never getting a sechud. Bonus "I want to rip your fucking head off" points if the captain kills another nonantag head of staff/mindshielded bloke thinking they're cult when the culties have either red eyes or halos. THAT ALSO HAPPENED ON THE CARGO CULT ROUND.

>People who give pointless law 2 orders
>Law 4 constantly remind X that they're a faggot, "X IS A FAGGOT END MY SUFFERING" being my typical response to that
>People breaking into the HOP office as nonantag for no reason whatsoever, leaving the door fucking broken open. Fuck you if you do that
>Engineering stealing research points
>Engineering attempting fusion
>Engineering or cargo attempting to fuck around with a singulo or tesla engine too much
>Engineering in fucking general
>Have I told you how much I hate the way engineering acts on bagil yet?
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #516675

Also this:
[Security]Shit Sac, "IS IT REVS/CULT/ANY OTHER ANTAG?!!"
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #516980

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Also this:
[Security]Shit Sac, "IS IT REVS/CULT/ANY OTHER ANTAG?!!"
>borg flashes guy
"REVS"
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #517055

"REEE BORG DIDNT LET ME IN THE CAPTAINS OFRICE OR IN THE UPLOAD EVEN THOUGH I HAVE LITERALLY NO GOOD REASON TO BE IN THERE, AND THERE IS HARM WHICH COULD HAPPEN. REE AI DIDNT LET ME IN ARMOURY OR IN SECURE TECH STORAGE SO I CAN MAKE MY OWN PERSONAL UPLOAD, REE AI DIDNT LISTEN TO A LAW 2 ORDER WITHIN 10 PICOSECONDS, AI ROGUE"
YuiY1997
Byond Username: YuiY1997

Post by YuiY1997 » #520300

The fact that tiders are some of the most experienced players in the game and spend entire shifts bitching about people actually doing their job while actively making their lives harder. No wonder command and security isn't doing great when you're stopping them from being able to do their jobs effectively.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #520303

YuiY1997 wrote:The fact that tiders are some of the most experienced players in the game and spend entire shifts bitching about people actually doing their job while actively making their lives harder. No wonder command and security isn't doing great when you're stopping them from being able to do their jobs effectively.
I made a thread recently ranting about this sort of shit. A lot of people agree. A lot of greyshirt mains don't. Trust me, you're not alone here.

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #520323

YuiY1997 wrote:The fact that tiders are some of the most experienced players in the game and spend entire shifts bitching about people actually doing their job while actively making their lives harder. No wonder command and security isn't doing great when you're stopping them from being able to do their jobs effectively.
Greytiders make at LEAST security and command jobs MUCH more stressful than they should be, alongside becoming the norm to the point where most sec officers ignore greytiders unless they're either overtly doing their thing next to a sec officer, or are antag. I've seen greytiders break into sec, and i've been the only sec officer to bat a fucking eye. Hell, one time a greytider managed to be let in my fucking office while I was HOS, I tried to permabrig them, they ran, and the sec officers ended up IGNORING THEM COMPLETELY as they ran past.

It's gotten to a point where sec doesn't bother with the tide, and when they do, the tide reacts in varying degrees of bullshit. Some commit suicide as soon as they're thrown in a cell, others Threaten to reoffend or complain about "UHHHN YOU STOLE MY AXE" when they have the axe they stole from either command or atmos confiscated. Others just fucking ruin everyone's day as soon as they're released.

And for command? Playing HOP It's never a question of IF some random twat will break into your office, but WHEN. As captain, the tide will constantly try to break in for your id for pretty much no reason.

Greytiders who tide more than some simple fooling around are a pet peeve of mine, and I honestly enjoy locking them up as sec.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #520367

deedubya wrote:>admins who ban people for SM suiciding on donut
butthurt over station is not an excuse to break the rules
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #520384

people who complain about tiders despite being terrible players as well
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #520388

wesoda25 wrote:people who complain about tiders despite being terrible players as well
lawyers that greytide but vehemently deny it are the absolute worst
Spoiler:
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #520393

[this space reserved]
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #520394

The only difference between a lawyer and an assistant is that the lawyer can spam WGW to the entire station easier.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #520426

In like 1 round total I wanted a lawyer and had a good one (trial basically went like the “I’ll fuckin do it again bitch” goofy trial with my lawyer telling me to stfu)
Literally nobody involved likes the lawyer who think they’re funny walking up to cells saying INNOCENT in all caps

When I got rcded into the prison mad boy ward by borg daxyeen for 1.5 straight hours because I allegedly had prints on a camo kit box I never saw and they wanted valids, where was my lawyer?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #520535

I swear to fucking god, stop stealing the ORM just so you can get at the Autolathe. Ask me to make you something and I will. It could be fucking beanbag shells, I don't give a shit, just ask and I'll print it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #520539

Vekter wrote:I swear to fucking god, stop stealing the ORM just so you can get at the Autolathe. Ask me to make you something and I will. It could be fucking beanbag shells, I don't give a shit, just ask and I'll print it.
Most people just shove the ORM inside and re-wrench it, since they know that the ORM going missing is a huge party foul. Still agree though. If there's a cargo tech in the office, just ask.

Spoiler:
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #520562

Having to tardwrangle shitsec as Warden and having the victim of said shitsec get pissed at you for trying to right their wrongs
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #520584

Being arrested for having all access only so that a sec officer can steal that all access.
Ive seen that happen more than once.

Sec double standards of nor enforcing laws on fellow officers or command

Sec officers actually stealing legal stuff from prisoners for actually no good reason

Prisoners accusing sec of stealing "their" goods that they, the prisoner, stole.

Escapee prisoners not being stopped

Sec opening armoury for no reason

Sec ignoring guncargo
Sec ignoring any fuckery which isnt guaranteed to be antag (even though these guys are valid)
People breaking into sec or armoury for no reason
Hop giving out AA for no goddamned reason too often
People who whine over being arrested for a good reason.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #520585

Cargo will bitch and moan about shitsec if you stop them from owning infinity nuclear weapons. Then, when you come to take them, they'll murder you and the admins will call it an IC issue. Why bother? They usually don't kill anyone anyway.