Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Psyentific » #11775

Bottom post of the previous page:

When people attack other people who are visibly armed and armored. When an assistant tries to disarmspam the QM, who is wearing Ablative, Baton, and Combat Shotgun, all three of which are highly visible on the sprite.

I mean c'mon. There's a point at which you start to cross into darwin award territory, and attacking someone wearing a giant fucking shotgun is pretty far past that.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #11777

You imply people have attachments to their 2d sprite and care.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #11779

Well, yeah, but this is still technically a light RP server. SPEAKING OF
When people OOC in IC. Saying 'Round' I can deal with, but emotes, "I'm adminhelping you", not having a last name, talking in all lowers, barely talking at all, all those little things that add up to that player not really giving a shit about RP.

This is /tg/station - The slashes are right there in the title. They're important, stop forgetting them. Our parent community is /tg/ - Traditional Games, a board on 4chan dedicated to various card games, war games and tabletop RPGs. Our board culture involves neckbeards, 'That Guy', and (often) an attitude similar to 'We're all here to have fun'. If you're not from /tg/, that's fine (Mostly, I'll still sneer at you but I'm an elitist fuck), but if you're not going to pay any respect to our culture and values?
If you're coming here, to a light/medium RP server and not even bothering to flesh out your character enough to have a last-fucking-name?

Get the fuck outta here, we don't want your kind.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #11790

Or maybe you could fuck off and stop acting as if having a last name is indicative of whether or not a character is good or not.
There are people who are born without last names or change their names to remove their surname, and there's quite a few existing cultures that don't even have a concept of last names. 500 years from now in space I'm fairly certain the number of those cultures as well as the number of people from the first category is much larger.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Solarn
Byond Username: Solarn

Post by Solarn » #11800

Also, in tabletop games, RPing is how you get shit done. In SS13, RPing will prevent you from getting shit done.
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #11804

miggles wrote:and there's quite a few existing cultures that don't even have a concept of last names.
Name these cultures. I'm not being antagonistic I'm legit interested, google can't find me anything credible.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #11818

QMs with more guns then the armory.
Engineers who fuck off with hardsuits.
Engineers who have stunprods fnr.
People adminhelping non specific things as if we see and watch absolutely everything.
Security going out of their way to dick someone over.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
miggles

Post by miggles » #11990

WeeYakk wrote:
miggles wrote:and there's quite a few existing cultures that don't even have a concept of last names.
Name these cultures. I'm not being antagonistic I'm legit interested, google can't find me anything credible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mononymous ... dern_times
I may have been exaggerating a small bit, however an uninformed guess would say that there's many smaller/more primitive cultures that aren't mentioned. I can't find anything that indicates that Native Americans used surnames, either.
That doesn't really mean anything though, since the argument that a character has to have a full name is in itself stupid. Trying to say they have to come from some exotic culture to justify having a mononymous name is just as stupid.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #12095

Not having a last name alone isn't too bad but it's one of the things that make a character bad.

For example there's a really cool roboticist who goes by the name Steve, no surname and he's a p cool guy, treats borgs with respect.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #12135

Miauw wrote:Not having a last name alone isn't too bad but it's one of the things that make a character bad.

For example there's a really cool roboticist who goes by the name Steve, no surname and he's a p cool guy, treats borgs with respect.
I could get behind this. Maybe he's just "Steve." Maybe he wants to keep his name hidden or has some sort of special protection.
Maybe his parents were stricken from record and his family exiled from wherever the fuck he came from.
In the end, he's Steve.
feedback appreciated here <3
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #12137

maybe steve is actually his last name
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Braindude

Post by Braindude » #12143

Maybe he's St E. Ve
I play apple ringer

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #12209

Lum reminds me of me when I played Paprika starting out, aka a huge shitter icly and warden 24/7, it's hilarious
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #12346

Antonkr wrote:People adminhelping non specific things as if we see and watch absolutely everything.
Security going out of their way to dick someone over.
These two in particular. We do, in a way, have ACCESS to almost all the info in a round but we're usually just ghost observing or playing as a normal crewman or whatever, we don't see shit that happens across the map directly. Ahelps like 'Was that valid?' are probably the worst. I dunno if it's common knowledge but there's actually a cool thing coders did so if you say a name in an adminhelp we can bring up information about that person instantly, with one click, which is why we ALWAYS ask for names whenever possible. And details. Tell us who did it, and tell us WHAT THEY DID.

And the other one, yeah. Security's an incredibly stressful job but just being a dick is never cool, and if you have authority/guns to do it, it's worse than the Botanist being a shit or whatever. Shameful display.

For myself:
  • The 'icky ocky' meme has gotten really tiresome.

Job starts that require you to gear up a lot. I like Engineering stuff and am decent at it but man, CE possibly has to get more shit sorted out, equipped, etc, than almost anybody else. Made worse by that fucking worthless bad-looking hardhat, which actively interferes with putting on the elite rigsuit helmet. Hm. Is it possible to implement a system where if you try to equip a helmet but have one already on, you swap them rather than placing it in your pack or some shit? Security jobs also have lots of stuff to sort out, get in pockets and belts, weaponry, gadgets, etc. I know why we need to, but it's still tedium.

The new announcement sounds bother me for some reason. Especially the chime. Cool idea, but I dunno why, it just really bugs me. Perhaps the volume's a bit too high compared with other sounds?
RIP
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #12349

yeah i fucking hate "ooc: lel xDDD ;g absorobping le AI"
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #12353

Hibbles wrote:Job starts that require you to gear up a lot. I like Engineering stuff and am decent at it but man, CE possibly has to get more shit sorted out, equipped, etc, than almost anybody else. Made worse by that fucking worthless bad-looking hardhat, which actively interferes with putting on the elite rigsuit helmet. Hm. Is it possible to implement a system where if you try to equip a helmet but have one already on, you swap them rather than placing it in your pack or some shit? Security jobs also have lots of stuff to sort out, get in pockets and belts, weaponry, gadgets, etc. I know why we need to, but it's still tedium.

The new announcement sounds bother me for some reason. Especially the chime. Cool idea, but I dunno why, it just really bugs me. Perhaps the volume's a bit too high compared with other sounds? [/list]
The worst thing is I have to open my belt to get rid of that useless sec light so I have space for my: flash, flashbang, cuffs, baton, extra cuffs/(flashbang if HoS)

Remember when the belt used to be at the bottom on the pile?
Thank fuck I changed its order so they're at the top
Last edited by Malkevin on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #12354

When people are dicks in general. The worst part is it almost always ends up making things harder and less convenient for everyone involved.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #12538

When all of the departments are severely understaffed and someone signs up as assistant. This happens more often than I could count.

Alternatively, people who join a lowpop round >1 hour in with no engineers and wonder why the engine isn't set up.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #12644

The 'icky ocky' meme has gotten really tiresome.
This. It was irritating a year ago. Now it's just fucking stupid.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #12700

Vekter wrote:
The 'icky ocky' meme has gotten really tiresome.
This. It was irritating a year ago. Now it's just fucking stupid.
It was stupid the day after I started hearing it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Mono
Byond Username: Mon0

Post by Mono » #12718

Anytime I do virology and some asshole puts a sing beacon near escape
How slow clown shoes make you(how the hell do you expect me to catch the mime who stole my pda)
Pretty much anything that involves lord singuloth not being in his prison
Spoiler:
Mono was Sweeny Thyme (survived)
Objective #1: Make an example out of those who would harm the station's innocent animals. Success!
Objective #2: Do not kill them. Success!
The traitor was successful!

DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "assistants are to space stations as badgers are to the animal kingdom"
DEAD: ADMIN(Scaredofshadows) says, "too many badgers and they'd take over the world"

OOC: Arkire: Wizards, please obey the wizardly bushido code of honour in the future, so as to avoid hurting the feelings of the people you're allowed - and encouraged - to kill. I suggest falling on your staff and being impaled in order to appease them
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #12753

paprika wrote:Lum reminds me of me when I played Paprika starting out, aka a huge shitter icly and warden 24/7, it's hilarious
The difference is that Lum is nice and friendly.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #12760

Malkevin wrote: The worst thing is I have to open my belt to get rid of that useless sec light so I have space for my: flash, flashbang, cuffs, baton, extra cuffs/(flashbang if HoS)
What. Do people actually consider the seclite bothersome? I love it, personally. Besides, a set of cuffs and your flash are supposed to go in your pocket.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #12811

Shitlers who think it's their God-given right to have full powers from genetics, and start breaking in when they don't get what they want.

Shitlers who wander in and loot shit from cloning.

Shitlers who scream "DO YOUR JOB" at genetics while simultaneously obstructing you from doing your job.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #12813

Same thing for Virology, one round I managed to research a powerful virus (Standard Self Healing, Respiration, infinite running speed). I was planning to dish out injections to crew members but this one engineer, who was antsy, stunned me with a stun prod and used a syringe to steal my blood for himself.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #12819

NikNakFlak wrote:
paprika wrote:Lum reminds me of me when I played Paprika starting out, aka a huge shitter icly and warden 24/7, it's hilarious
The difference is that Lum is nice and friendly.
:roll:
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #12826

People who murderbone on low pop rounds but don't have the decency to call the shuttle afterwards. I don't give a shit if you murder all 4 of your fellow crewmen but postponing the round fnr afterwards is lame as hell.

People who metagrudge.

Getting shoved or stunned by someone only because they want your sunglasses/hat/whatever.
Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #12832

Engineers who fuck off with the last suit helmet, and ONLY the helmet, to use as a welding visor.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #12840

Ew, the welding helmet is a much better fashion accessory than the shitty RIG helmets.

>Using rig helmets but not the full rig suit.
you people have teriiiiiiible fashion sense when it comes to work sense.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #12845

Colonel Flaccid you assume powergamers care about style.
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #12848

Neerti wrote:Colonel Flaccid you assume powergamers care about style.
im all about style tbh
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #13009

ColonicAcid wrote:Ew, the welding helmet is a much better fashion accessory than the shitty RIG helmets.

Fashion sense aside, it renders the remaining suit useless so nobody can do space repairs. Fuck people who do this.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #13595

Chemists who refuse to give mutagen to botany. This happens way too often.
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #13613

Rhisereld wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote:Ew, the welding helmet is a much better fashion accessory than the shitty RIG helmets.

Fashion sense aside, it renders the remaining suit useless so nobody can do space repairs. Fuck people who do this.
its because they made space robust

"gotta b realistic!"
you're gonna carry that weight
WeeYakk

Post by WeeYakk » #13623

When you're a nuke op and the team wants to bomb the armory.
Bonus points if everyone goes into the armory.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #13682

When you're a nuke op and you don't get a borg because you want to not rely on crutches this time but lose horribly because you don't have a borg.

Seriously, remove syndie borg's ability to interface with shit on the station, they're combat borgs and being emags but better because shocking/bolting doors is so bad.

Maybe syndies should get an emag for free.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #13686

I hate syndi borgs, its one of those things that makes the round fun for only one guy with a few other riding on his coat tails.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #13687

I think Syndi Borgs are a bit too much of a crutch for the Nuke Ops, I can attest to the effectiveness of a Syndi Borg when I played as one.

Just to recap, its immune to most forms of stun, has a 25k power cell, holds a Laser Gun, Ebow, Emag, Jetpack, Esword and other useful tools, its basically a new team member (20% increase in man power), it can open and unbolt any and all doors thus nullifying the AI.

Its just so effective for what its worth, 25 Telecrystals. There is no reason a Ops team should not at least buy one Syndi Borg for how overpowered it is. At least with a Mech you have to give up a team member to pilot it and it loses the usage of the Pinpointer/Friend-Foe ID system.

I really do agree that the Snydi Borg should lose its ability to interact with electronic devices, the Borg has the Emag for a reason aside from subverting other borgs.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #13692

shantae lee
WeeYakk

Post by WeeYakk » #13749

People who get wizard but use their normal character name.
allura wrote:shantae lee
miggles

Post by miggles » #13767

WeeYakk wrote:
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #13803

miggles wrote:
WeeYakk wrote:
fuzzeldorf
Notaspider

Post by Notaspider » #14142

:( Well I didn't want friends either..
Image Image
OOC: WeeYakk: I shot up a bar full of people and shoved them into my butt. The perfect crime.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #14162

KingLouisXIV wrote:
miggles wrote:
WeeYakk wrote:
fuzzeldorf
I don't get it, they are the same person.
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #14164

WeeYakk wrote:People who get wizard but use their normal character name.
People who get wizard and name themselves sec Borg 203
you're gonna carry that weight
Facundo

Post by Facundo » #14177

TheTerbs wrote:
WeeYakk wrote:People who get wizard but use their normal character name.
allura wrote:butts
People who get wizard and name themselves sec Borg 203
Dammit terbs, I have to do that one, if only I got wizard more times that the changelog updates...
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #14192

Borgs who name themselves Syndicate Cyborg-whatever.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Braindude

Post by Braindude » #14193

bgobandit

people who bitch about "muh validhunterz"

people who run after "muh valids"
I play apple ringer

Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #14933

Captains that freak out when an HoP gives themselves more access and come down on the HoP, especially when those captains joined halfway through the round.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #14980

As captain: When the HoP decides to give the clown all-access and not tell anyone until Shittles has already opened up EVA and let 20 assistants into the bridge.
MrSnapwalk
Byond Username: MrSnapwalk

Post by MrSnapwalk » #15090

People who react to antags using their powers in an overt but non-harmful way by going MUH VALIDS KILL GIB SPACE POSTHASTE.
Petethegoat wrote:we need to procedurally generate asses so they can actually be used as evidence
JStheguy wrote:Being a closet serial killer is not polite, helpful, truthful, or clean.
I am the last of the moderators for the /NT/station subforums. Please don't PM me any questions, comments, or complaints, because there is nothing I can do about them.