Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Dr_bee » #370134

Bottom post of the previous page:

Armhulen wrote:
huehuehue wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
InsaneHyena wrote:Objective 1: Assassinate Diggy Never-Returns-To-the-Station, Shaft Miner
*has bullshit armor and an animated mace, ready to either teleport away to fuck all so you can never kill him or transform into a drake and straight up kill you*
and even if he hasn't killed any megafauna or found anything interesting he can still defend himself with his tools quite well, especially if upgraded fully
i forgot about his 40 damage infinite gun lol
20 damage on the station.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #370175

people who ahelp about drones without giving drone numbers and it isn't something that's logged
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #370181

People who put volume pumps on air to distro.

STOP DOING IT, IT WASTES SO MUCH AIR IF THERE'S A BREACH
Melonmancer
Byond Username: TheMelonmancer

Post by Melonmancer » #371696

People who ignore their job to powergame/validhunt, but still expect everyone else to be doing theirs.

People who never do their job, but still demand as much crap as possible to help them do it. Once had a sec officer spend around 30 minutes at RnD asking for a laser gun but wouldn't even tase a wanted criminal running around science.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #371698

i hate how the new R&D lets people do this stupid fuckin thing where they research bluespace bags and expensive guns and dont bother to fucking research parts or miner equipment
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #371700

not exclusive to the game but people who talk like this........using ellipsis after ever sentence or comma........do you think you sound deep when you do this?.......it really grinds my gears.....
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #371703

...fuck you... deitus... ...............................bitch..............................
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #371705

1v1 me in thunderdome faggot....unless you're chicken..........hah....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #371709

Researchers who don't upgrade the fucking ORM or department protolathes.

You can get tier 3 bins and manipulators, tier 2 everything else at round start. If the miners drop off the dock silver, you can get a bluespace RPED within 2 minutes of round start. Almost everyone will open their doors for a scientist carrying an RPED, and you can have the entire station upgraded within 5 minutes if you move quick.

Why the FUCK do I keep returning after the first ash storm as a miner, only to find the ORM still at base levels? Stop being a bunch of fucking circuit jerkers buying shit you can't even build, and upgrade the fucking station. It's your job as RnD.
Dr_bee wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
huehuehue wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
InsaneHyena wrote:Objective 1: Assassinate Diggy Never-Returns-To-the-Station, Shaft Miner
*has bullshit armor and an animated mace, ready to either teleport away to fuck all so you can never kill him or transform into a drake and straight up kill you*
and even if he hasn't killed any megafauna or found anything interesting he can still defend himself with his tools quite well, especially if upgraded fully
i forgot about his 40 damage infinite gun lol
20 damage on the station.
>Not requesting miner access at round start
>Not gearing up and getting buddy buddy with your target
>Not knowing most miners will happily have a companion during mega and tendril hunts
>Not "accidentally" hitting him with your KA while fighting fauna
>Not bidding your time until they are very low health and just plugging them with a revolver
>Not hurling their corpse into a chasm and calling it out over the radio that they fell in
>Not taking all their sweet loot for yourself

Really, everyone likes to complain that miners are SO OP, but they aren't. Their gear is all RNG based, and only skilled miners can actually return to the station as an lavaland god. The rest die stupid deaths. I've succeeded my "Kill a shaft miner" objective without ever going planet side, because something killed them for me. I am honestly more afraid of a skilled chemist, botanist, or scientist than I am a miner.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #371947

Objective 1: Escape with the identity of BadDiggy Bubblegum-Chew-Toy, Shaft Miner

or

Objective 1: Keep Suicides-At-Roundstart alive until round end
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

Post by Limski » #371948

everything
Kel-the-Oblivious
Byond Username: Kel the Oblivious

Post by Kel-the-Oblivious » #371953

EagleWiz wrote:Objective 1: Escape with the identity of BadDiggy Bubblegum-Chew-Toy, Shaft Miner

or

Objective 1: Keep Suicides-At-Roundstart alive until round end
If your "Keep Alive" target suicides, you should green text.
The master splicer, the bitch queen of mining, and some crazy ligger peddling you medicinal marijuana.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Kel is a genuine Cool Oldfag
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #371973

People who don't do their job because muh valids

My favorite was the fellow Chemist that didn't help me patch up crew because "muh self defense spray" and ended up toasting himself and the whole workspace by mixing unstabilized phlog

Or when RnD doesn't upgrade the ORM/cloner because gotta rush muh BoH
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #372059

People who give out BoHs to any Tom, Dick and Harry who asks.

Cause all it takes is one guy with a BoH to kill another guy with a BoH and they have everything they need to end a round right then and there.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #372202

Anonmare wrote:People who give out BoHs to any Tom, Dick and Harry who asks.

Cause all it takes is one guy with a BoH to kill another guy with a BoH and they have everything they need to end a round right then and there.
Scientists who wont give lil ol me a BoH
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
darkpaladin109
Byond Username: Darkpaladin109

Post by darkpaladin109 » #390534

People not having any Traits.
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #390538

darkpaladin109 wrote:People not having any Traits.
hey now I'd rather not spoil perfection
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #390545

Nobody making pineapple pizza

I have to subsist upon the rats in maintenance for sustenance
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #390626

anonhoe at last revealed as pred
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EvilJackCarver
Byond Username: EvilJackCarver
Github Username: EvilJackCarver

Post by EvilJackCarver » #390822

Coworkers that won't even bother coming up with an illogical excuse for fucking off at roundstart, never to be seen again. Doubly so if they take the hardsuit.
R. Andreas Spitzer or SpitzOS (or a random-named human) ingame. Usually somewhere in engineering, or pAI.
Slartibarty
Byond Username: Slartibarty

Post by Slartibarty » #391636

When the four scientists sitting in RnD are too busy outfitting themselves with nightvision goggles and bags of holding to supply you with some simple stock parts for your c̶a̶r̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶e̶n̶s̶e̶r̶ smoke machine.

Then come back five minutes later and they hand you tier 1 parts from their table whilst flying around in their flightsuits.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #391640

When scientists break-in and steal the other departmental lathes
When people break into R&D to steal your equipment
When people get pissed off in the 0.6 nanoseconds of them asking for something and not instantaneously having it beamed into their inventory
When people get mad at you for not being clairvoyant
When people get mad at you for doing your job
When people kill you even though you're not a threat or trying to stop them
When people get mad they get detained for performing crimes or have antagonistic gear in their possession
RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #392110

When you try to arrest someone and someone gets in your way.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #394407

Anonmare wrote:When people kill you even though you're not a threat or trying to stop them
This one, so much
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #394495

when your body gets dragged to the cloner first but then somebody else rushes in with another dead body and pushes yours out of the way and clones them before you get cloned even though you were first and then the power goes out after they're done cloning so now you're just dead forever
Spoiler:
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #394632

When round after round you see the same guy (who seems to exclusively play assistant) make a run for yellow gloves and breaking into AI upload 5 minutes into the round whether or not they're actually an antag and then suicide if they get caught.

When you investigate a crime as a detective, track down the criminal, catch him red handed and before you've even had the time to start organizing the evidence the warden has already released him and also given him all of his stolen shit back. Then 10 minutes later you hear over the radio the guy's been going on a rampage around the station.
I'm still not sure if some wardens are just genuinely stupid or there's some meta-friend bullshit going on.
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #394636

It seems I should play Warden again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #394642

you didnt just... leave them in the brig with no recorded crimes and not telling the warden to keep them held on suspicion of murder or whatever, did you?

Most wardens will chuck anyone who was arrested lazily out the front door if nobody explains why theyre arrested on radio when they ask
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #394650

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:you didnt just... leave them in the brig with no recorded crimes and not telling the warden to keep them held on suspicion of murder or whatever, did you?
I always do my paperwork when I'm sec. I'll give a more detailed example that happened not too long ago.

We suspect revs are around. I spot some guy hacking his way into the brig, gets captured. HoP is around and says the guy also tried to kill him in the bridge earlier, I know it's true because I was on the camera to see it not 5 minutes earlier, and had taken pictures. I search him, he has a HoP headset in his backpack and a flash. HoP tosses him in a cell and says implant him. Warden was around to witness all this. From my understanding at this point we figured out it's not rev because another traitor got caught. Not a minute has passed and as I'm about to walk away to organize some of the evidence I see the warden give this guy all his stuff back (including the headset) and throw him out of the brig. I try to confront him about it and he just waves it off like it's nothing and at this point I am just too salty to care and just leave. As it turns out the guy was a ling and killed a whole bunch of people afterwards.

I have a bunch of stories similar to this. Sure there's a lot of competent wardens but whenever stuff like this happens it just ruins my day.
Be nice to each other.
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #398007

When I'm healing someone with something that is channelled. I've positioned myself and that person in a way that people can get past us easily, yet some twat still manages to push me and interrupt what I'm doing.
When botanists steal the chem dispensers before even asking us to make them mutagen. It takes a few seconds to whip up mutagen for them, so I hate how impatient some people are.
When you're playing a borg and people demand that you open shit immediately and get pissy and spam "LAW 2" if you don't acquiesce within 1s of them asking. If you're a random assistant and want to get into the upload, I'm going to defer to the AI first before I just open the fucking doors.
When people just drag bodies straight to cloning, even if their body is viable for defib. Very frustrating to see that shit as a borg.
When someone's blood level is critical and they are suffocating due to the lack of oxygen their body is receiving, yet they're just shoved in cryo where they continue to deteriorate instead of being given a blood transfusion.
When there's a virus that's fucking everyone and the chemists are actually making the cure, but selfish twats still break in and take over the dispensers.
People who put individuals in hardsuits in cryo (and normally just leave them in there for ages), especially if they can be treated in the sleepers.
When you're treating someone with drugs in the sleeper and someone who isn't an antag starts butting in. Even more fucking annoying if they end up ODing the person. I had another mediborg do that to me a few days ago and then they were telling me not OD the patient. :/
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
Denton

Post by Denton » #398439

gum disease wrote:When botanists steal the chem dispensers [...]
I can't even blame people who torch botany after that happens.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #398442

botanists who dont steal the chem dispensers
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Post by RobustAndRun » #398749

Chemists who take 6 mins to make you 90u of mutagen and then get pissy when you ask for more
Chemists who don't make mutagen at all, and then shoot the botanists who try to use the chem dispensers to make their own chems (with the hellmix they spent the first half hour of the round crafting)
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #398751

RobustAndRun wrote:Chemists who take 6 mins to make you 90u of mutagen and then get pissy when you ask for more
Chemists who don't make mutagen at all, and then shoot the botanists who try to use the chem dispensers to make their own chems (with the hellmix they spent the first half hour of the round crafting)
Remove botany tbh
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #398752

gum disease wrote:When I'm healing someone with something that is channelled. I've positioned myself and that person in a way that people can get past us easily, yet some twat still manages to push me and interrupt what I'm doing.
:/
Some asshole fellow cultists did this to me while I was converting a borg to a construct and I was S E E T H I N G. Like holy shit the playerbase on this server is autistic and impatient. If I stay stop moving a second THEN FUCKING STOP..
gum disease

Post by gum disease » #398880

Xeroxemnas wrote:
gum disease wrote:When I'm healing someone with something that is channelled. I've positioned myself and that person in a way that people can get past us easily, yet some twat still manages to push me and interrupt what I'm doing.
:/
Some asshole fellow cultists did this to me while I was converting a borg to a construct and I was S E E T H I N G. Like holy shit the playerbase on this server is autistic and impatient. If I stay stop moving a second THEN FUCKING STOP..
People don't listen. Sometimes I get so tempted to knock the pushers down, but I'm unrobust. :^(

Another peeve: people who defib the person once and then give up even though the game's kind enough to tell you why that attempt failed. If they have severe tissue damage, check to see how much brute/burn damage they've received. If either is over 180 (I think?) the defib will fail. This can easily be fixed with some patches, especially synthflesh which most chemists seem to make lately. One guy legitimately had like 181 burn damage and even though I was begging them to just use a patch on him, he still ended up being shoved into the un-upgraded cloner.

I also hate the fact that borgs can buckle people in to chairs/beds but can't unbuckle them. If it's a roller bed, you can do it by using an empty portable bed mount on it. If it's anything else, you're fucked. Sooo frustrating, especially if the person who's buckled in is deteriorating rapidly. A lot of players are kind enough to help me if I ask them, however. Still, I think borgs should be able to unbuckle people without assistance.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #398886

I've taken to jsut smashing the chair in that case.
gum disease

Post by gum disease » #400369

When someone is dead but can be defibbed but are wearing a hardsuit, it's honestly a toss-up as to whether people realise that you need to have the chest somewhat exposed in order for defib to work. I told the person manning the defib unit that this person's chest was obscured and that I'd need to remove the hardsuit first. I get ignored because they decide to pull the body away from me just as I'm halfway done stripping this guy's suit off and then they attempt to defib him. It fails. I tell them to let me strip the suit off first and lo and behold, the second attempt worked. Just today, I saw people try to defib a hardsuited player multiple times in a row even though the failure text told them that the chest was being obscured.

I wish the wiki would not describe Medical Doctor as an easy job. So many people mess it up and it's unfair because it's so easy to negatively impact someone's round by making easily avoidable mistakes. I was treating someone who was deteriorating. Stabilised them and asked them how they had so much fluorosulphuric acid in their system. They weren't out of the woods just yet, but were conscious. Before they could even answer me, Medical Doctor comes out of nowhere and puts them back in the sleeper and overdoses them somehow. This ended up killing the patient. Doctor wasn't an antag or anything, either.

If an MMI is asking the roboticist to please leave them in Robotics, carrying them around while they go and gather materials for their mech/get into altercations with other players is a dick move. I politely asked this guy 4 times to just put me down, got ignored. Of course, once he got in his mech he didn't even remember that he had me in his bag. Ended up killing myself. People like this are honestly the reason why I prefer sitting in the lab because someone is usually kind enough to break in and help me out.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400389

People who put people in cryo without checking if there's a beaker first.
People who put people in cryo who are wearing a hardsuit/spacesuit, and a firesuit to a lesser extent.

Cryo only works if it can get you cold in the first place dilweeds
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #400412

I feel like cryo was changed at one point so that they'd work on suits.
Umber_Neno
Byond Username: Umber_Neno

Post by Umber_Neno » #400735

When you're trying to defib someone who just died recently, but someone takes their corpse seconds before the defib finishes and starts cloning them.

This is especially annoying when genetics has around 5 or so corpses who were found long dead or fucked beyond repair.
The generally unrobust idealist

Characters
Spoiler:
Selina Edmends: "Qualified" Doctor and CMO.
Odysseus AI v.1 (PAI): Its really more of a hippocratic suggestion.
Music:
Spoiler:
Best crisis music as a doctor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEAr0UjlOg (Rosalia's thorns)
Xeroxemnas
Byond Username: Xeroxemnas

Post by Xeroxemnas » #400739

Not a huge thing but I notice that security almost never uses their protolathe despite it being really useful and capable of producing powerful stuff like ion carbines and advanced energy guns. Especially on war ops it's a life saver. Today I was the captain and had to specifically order security to use it to make ions and shit, which worked really well since the ops had a mauler that ended up getting destroyed by the ion carbines.

There was also some idiot of a CMO who kept trying to steal the materials and sell them in cargo when we had all the weapon techs necessary to make better shit like mentioned above.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #400775

gum disease wrote:I wish the wiki would not describe Medical Doctor as an easy job. So many people mess it up and it's unfair because it's so easy to negatively impact someone's round by making easily avoidable mistakes.
your wish is my command

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Medical_Doctor
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
gum disease

Post by gum disease » #400785

bandit wrote:
gum disease wrote:I wish the wiki would not describe Medical Doctor as an easy job. So many people mess it up and it's unfair because it's so easy to negatively impact someone's round by making easily avoidable mistakes.
your wish is my command

Thank you, haha. <3
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #400794

What's frustrating about being MD is it can go from horribly hectic to almost trivial depending on how competent the chemists are. Most of them seem to spend all of the round making deathmixes/meth and when shit hits the fan there's no meds and no power to make anything. Especially during disease outbreaks you're powerless to do anything but try to delay the inevitable.
bandit wrote:
your wish is my command

Should change it from the jobs page too

While we're on the subject I'd argue chemist should be medium and botany easy if by difficulty we also consider how important their responsibilities are, my 2 cents.
Be nice to each other.
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #400814

when science starts screaming "AI ROGUE" over the radio the second I ask for an ai shell
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #400815

Crabs
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400870

SpaceInaba wrote:when science starts screaming "AI ROGUE" over the radio the second I ask for an ai shell
>Be me
>Ask for a mech
>No particular reason, just want one
>They say sure
>Robotics makes a mech
>Never puts a beacon in it
>Keep it for themselves
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #400899

i dont remember the last time i went to the brig wearing insulated gloves and then exited the brig wearing insulated gloves. im not sure its ever happened. very annoying.
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400900

That's why I always wash my insulateds with a crayon so nobody gets tempted to steal them.
Denton

Post by Denton » #400914

People who play sec on lowpop and start powertripping/harassing crew because they can't find >muh valids. I think I've disposal'd and delimbed more shitsec as a non-antag than as an antag.