Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Miauw

Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Postby Miauw » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:22 pm #126933

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:The Janitor that uses water in the Medbay. Fuck man get some space cleaner or I'll dunk your ass in a toilet.

lmao use bodybags so i dont have to clean in the first place
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.

<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:23 pm #126934

Miauw wrote:
IrishWristWatch0 wrote:The Janitor that uses water in the Medbay. Fuck man get some space cleaner or I'll dunk your ass in a toilet.

lmao use bodybags so i dont have to clean in the first place

^^^^this^^^^

Aloraydrel

Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Postby Aloraydrel » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:45 pm #127018

When I tell a borg to honk and he pings instead

AnonymousNow

Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Postby AnonymousNow » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:04 am #127080

- People who assume that they know better than you (playing a medical doctor) in medicine, ignore you as they treat someone, and prove that they absolutely don't
- People who fill people with 60 units of kelotane/bicaridine/whatever
- People who press the morphine button when they're facerolling all the sleeper chemicals
- People who blame you for problems caused by other people

Sam Vimes, I don't know who your identically-dressed pet monkey was, but they killed you stone dead with everything they shoved into you, before I could get a purging agent into you, and you blaming me just means that I'm going to account for your position in the queue in future triage.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.

Raven776

Byond Username: Raven776

Postby Raven776 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:13 am #127083

When people drag suicides/just plain dead people away from the medical doctors to bring them to cloning. If it's a suicide, it's going into the morgue tray and it's shit is getting stolen by US or being returned to the HoP, not you greyshirts. If it's a dead person, it's going in front of the cryo tubes so we can get around to attempting a defib later if we feel like it.

Security officers running through medical in general. You're more than often in the way, I've never been saved in medical by a security officer when there is a problem, and if you so much as step foot into chemistry you should be glad that all they decided to do was replace your blood with morphine and not something truly awful.

When people try to drag a suicide that showed up green in a morgue tray away from me. Yes, I know what I'm doing with it. No, I don't have anything better to do than rebrain this bitch and get them back into the round. Maybe if spiderlings crawl through the vents I'll think about doing something other than waiting for chem to do their job and watching every other medical doctor fuck off with the EMT jumpsuits.

EMT Jumpsuits or rather that I only think to go grab them after I see two people already wearing them. They're just so damned cool but I can't remember the last time I got one for myself.

Not-Dorsidarf

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:36 am #127118

MDs who try and take suicides off the chef because "WE CAN REBUILD HIM"

Malkevin
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Malkevin

Postby Malkevin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:56 am #127153

Shit tards that abuse auto cloners to escape perma for being shit
This space intentionally left blank.

Cheimon

Byond Username: Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 pm #127156

Malkevin wrote:Shit tards that abuse auto cloners to escape perma for being shit

Remove brain solves this problem, right?

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:37 pm #127158

They get autocloned riiiiight before the brain is out.

Which is how I escaped borgification as ling before.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 pm #127183

Huh, interesting. I suppose the solution, then, is to keep them cuffed, probably straitjacketed, and then buckled. Or you could just massively sedate them too.

Assuming you have any idea they've been in an autocloner. Or just delete their records from that if possible. I guess you could get the AI to do that. So long as you know it's happening.

Malkevin
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Malkevin

Postby Malkevin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:57 pm #127184

I did have one asshole be a complete idiot and say over the radio whilst I was stood right next him that he'd be getting out in a few moments because of the auto cloner.

I stuck him in a straight jacket and buckled him to the bed and locked the cell down.

Win for me.
This space intentionally left blank.

DemonFiren

Byond Username: DemonFiren

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:56 pm #127194

Cheimon wrote:Huh, interesting. I suppose the solution, then, is to keep them cuffed, probably straitjacketed, and then buckled. Or you could just massively sedate them too.

Assuming you have any idea they've been in an autocloner. Or just delete their records from that if possible. I guess you could get the AI to do that. So long as you know it's happening.

AIs cannot delete cloning records for all I know, those things require a swipe.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:58 pm #127240

I'll have to experiment next time I get a chance. AI can occasionally do things that would otherwise require card insertion but not swiping in my experience, so you're probably right.

Raven776

Byond Username: Raven776

Postby Raven776 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:00 am #127283

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:MDs who try and take suicides off the chef because "WE CAN REBUILD HIM"

Your need for a hamburger is not greater than my need to be not bored for 5 minutes.

Qbopper

Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Postby Qbopper » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:09 pm #127398

I played a round last night with the worst sec I'd ever seen.

They walked around medbay trying to heal people like they were doctors, they stunned my doctors when they asked them to leave and do their fucking jobs, and the WARDEN told the CMO to "fuck off" because he was "with a patient".

I cannot stand fucking sec officers who try and do other people's jobs for them, and I especially cannot stand wardens who leave the brig because ???why not??? (bonus: warden stunned/cuffed me on the shuttle because 10 minutes ago a greytider said "CMO IS CULTIST!!1!" and then never spoke again. Then he bucklecuffed me. Thank god for that one guy who's name escapes me, he was the only competent officer on that round and he's the best)
Limey wrote:its too late.

EasX

Byond Username: EasX

Postby EasX » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:00 pm #127420

Qbopper wrote:I played a round last night with the worst sec I'd ever seen.

They walked around medbay trying to heal people like they were doctors, they stunned my doctors when they asked them to leave and do their fucking jobs, and the WARDEN told the CMO to "fuck off" because he was "with a patient".

I cannot stand fucking sec officers who try and do other people's jobs for them, and I especially cannot stand wardens who leave the brig because ???why not??? (bonus: warden stunned/cuffed me on the shuttle because 10 minutes ago a greytider said "CMO IS CULTIST!!1!" and then never spoke again. Then he bucklecuffed me. Thank god for that one guy who's name escapes me, he was the only competent officer on that round and he's the best)

I was Duke Stardust as a sec officer that round, can agree that sec was being a shit and the warden was dicking off instead of his doing his job. I don't know how many times you pinged over radio for us to help before someone eventually responded.

AnonymousNow

Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Postby AnonymousNow » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:54 pm #127477

That's some severe insubordination there and you were within your rights to detain the hostile elements.

Power structures are not a straight tree, and security does-not-own-ANY-OTHER-DEPARTMENT.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:27 am #127504

Yes, the CMO should have batoned and detained the security officers.

I can't imagine that going poorly for him at all. It's not like they'd all crowd in, beat the shit out of the CMO, and then drag him off to perma.

Not-Dorsidarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:02 am #127588

Cheimon wrote:Yes, the CMO should have batoned and detained the security officers.

I can't imagine that going poorly for him at all. It's not like they'd all crowd in, beat the shit out of the CMO, and then drag him off to perma.

Sec need to accept that sometimes non-antags absolutely can beat the shit out of them within space law if they go too far.

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:16 pm #127623

But why would they accept that? If they can avoid it, they will, like any player. So they do.

Not-Dorsidarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:57 pm #127635

Cheimon wrote:But why would they accept that? If they can avoid it, they will, like any player. So they do.

Yeah but they need to not whine in deadchat when the captain declares them Over The Line and puts an all-access bounty on their heads.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:42 pm #127654

admins who decide to "spice up" antag rounds by giving certain people special abilities and equipment that completely shit over everyone else and turn the station into a murderbone shithole.

Xhuis
Github User

Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Postby Xhuis » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm #127979

Thralls who murderbone or kill people when they encounter them alone in maintenance while shadowlings are still alive. You are directly impeding the goals of your masters by killing people who are convertable and it makes me fume when the same people kill everyone over and over as a thrall then have the audacity to complain that the mode is bad because shadowlings never win.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay

wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity

ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.

CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.

wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay

IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.

wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL

bandit

Byond Username: Bgobandit

Postby bandit » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:06 am #128463

Cultists who go "herpaderp ire is blood nahlizet is join karazet is hell balaq is self" at roundstart. WE ALREADY KNOW YOU FUCKING WANKREL EVERYONE HAS GOTTEN ALL FOUR WORDS FOR YEARS NOW
Swarmers that spend 100 years trying to break an r-wall while there are dozens of buttons, lightswitches, holopads, etc. left untouched

Xenobiologists who close the outer doors that I have left open for A FUCKING REASON
Xenobiologists who do the above and open the inner doors, resulting in slimes getting loose, every time
Xenobiologists who don't use the slime scanner
Xenobiologists who do the above while shoving monkeys into a pen of multiple unscanned slimes
Xenobiologists who do the above with pens of differently colored slimes, some of which are junk
Xenobiologists who put used slime extracts in the fridge
Xenobiologists who bump into you constantly
Xenobiologists that have 100000 monkeys alive at any given point
Xenobiologists that water monkey cubes with the fire extinguisher, wasting water and usually resulting in the above

People who break glass tables
People who steal IDs for no reason
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:43 pm #129443

Lawyers that decide "it's my job to hinder security", and proceed to do things like stealing your prisoners or messing around with the evidence.

Argue about brig times, sure, and if you're amusing enough or have a good point I'll do my best to listen. Try and set up an interesting trial? I'll help if there's time. You want your client to have some other punishment than perma, and you have some sort of interesting reason? Go ahead.

But going "I need a word with my client", running off with a prisoner, and then bolting away into your law office, and releasing the prisoner once security's distracted? That's not good lawyering, that's aiding and abetting criminals.

Not-Dorsidarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:09 pm #129480

Cheimon wrote:Lawyers that decide "it's my job to hinder security", and proceed to do things like stealing your prisoners or messing around with the evidence.

Argue about brig times, sure, and if you're amusing enough or have a good point I'll do my best to listen. Try and set up an interesting trial? I'll help if there's time. You want your client to have some other punishment than perma, and you have some sort of interesting reason? Go ahead.

But going "I need a word with my client", running off with a prisoner, and then bolting away into your law office, and releasing the prisoner once security's distracted? That's not good lawyering, that's aiding and abetting criminals.

If a lawyer in ss13 can get you out of the permabrig by falsifying evidence they deserve a medal not a kick

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:41 am #129504

I don't mean falsifying. I mean things like just stealing any gear they can get their hands on, hiding things in case somebody gets convicted, that sort of stuff. Admittedly not as common as the stealing prisoner problem.

While we're on prisoners, people that wander in halfway through an arrest, who have no idea what have just happened, and rescue the prisoner. Then, when you confront them, they go "he was innocent!". You have no idea of that, dude.

Miauw

Byond Username: Miauw62

Postby Miauw » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:39 pm #129634

on that topic: people who suicide the moment they're captured by security. usually after a murderboner.

in my eyes, that brands you as the cancer destroying tgs.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.

<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:42 pm #129636

When that happens i take the suicided/catatonic body, dress it up in embarrasing outfit/makeup and strap it to an electric chair in a glass cage in front of the brig cells. You can still humiliate them even if they are dead
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

tuypo1

Byond Username: Tuypo1

Postby tuypo1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 am #129965

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Cheimon wrote:But why would they accept that? If they can avoid it, they will, like any player. So they do.

Yeah but they need to not whine in deadchat when the captain declares them Over The Line and puts an all-access bounty on their heads.

see now no matter what sec do I wont accept a captain who gives all access as a reward for anything sure encourage the crew to lynch shitty sec officers but any captain or hop who gives all access as a reward or prize can go fuck themselves

Wyzack

Byond Username: Wyzack

Postby Wyzack » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:10 pm #130009

I think most-access is better, give em everything but armory and ID console, maybe no engineering or toxins if you really think you cannot trust em
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!

Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.

EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:33 pm #130013

i've had people fire shots at me and attempt to climb over the desk and kill me because I refused to give them all access so they could be a "bounty hunter."

i blasted him with my e-gun and dragged him into maint and spaced the body.

Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Postby Atlanta-Ned » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:02 pm #130016

Wyzack wrote:When that happens i take the suicided/catatonic body, dress it up in embarrasing outfit/makeup and strap it to an electric chair in a glass cage in front of the brig cells. You can still humiliate them even if they are dead

I just make an announcement calling them a pussy if i have access, otherwise I call them a pussy over common channel. Zero tolerance for that sort of thing.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are

Not-Dorsidarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:59 pm #130098

Wyzack wrote:I think most-access is better, give em everything but armory and ID console, maybe no engineering or toxins if you really think you cannot trust em

Thats what I mean by "giving them all-access"

Giving actual all-access is known as "simultanous stroke and aneurism while developing brain cancer and going braindead"

confused rock

Byond Username: The unloved rock

Postby confused rock » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:11 am #130101

People like that person lucina who purposely rp as an asshole.

Puglord

Byond Username: Puglord64

Postby Puglord » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:23 am #130103

I really hate it when the Leather Overcoat or Leather Jacket doesn't spawn in the assistant clothing room. I love how they look!

Nega10

Byond Username: Nega10

Postby Nega10 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:31 pm #130166

When I'm using soap to clean up a hallway and someone shoves me aside, undoing the cleaning I was doing.

Also, people who leave long trails of blood across the station.

capi duffman

Byond Username: Capi duffman

Postby capi duffman » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:12 pm #130172

People who destroy all my work as a cook.

Lately it's happening way too often in lowpop rounds (three times this week already), and it's incredibly annoying to see 30 minutes of work destroyed FNR.

LiamLime

Byond Username: LiamLime

Postby LiamLime » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm #130188

capi duffman wrote:People who destroy all my work as a cook.

Damn it, I thought you were a cook / chef IRL and your pet peeve was people eating what you cook :D
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.

RescueRanger

Byond Username: RescueRanger

Postby RescueRanger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 pm #130450

Some players logic....
Spoiler:
imblyings wrote:ADMIN: Ausops (FLW): why would we import furry bears from a different hemisphere only to eat them don't be silly

imblyings wrote:Australia has had a track record of uprisings being crushed under the jackboot of their prison island overlords tg will be no different

oranges wrote:<oranges> I know we all have small dick

[Security] Francis Gallyus says, "Hard light cuffs on the HoP, we might have mexican immigrants, boys."

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:34 pm #130548

Admins who think they're better than the players.

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: NikNakflak

Postby NikNakFlak » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:10 pm #130562

oranges
REDACTED
pm for deets

PostThis post was deleted by NikNakFlak on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:10 pm.
Reason: D-D-D-D-Double

asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Byond Username: Asskek

Postby asskek » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:38 pm #130565

when the ass aint fat

also tonto being banned

Sceptiles

Byond Username: Sceptiles

Postby Sceptiles » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:17 am #130787

Holoparasites and everyone that use them. They are too cost efficient and encourage mass murderboning and everyone that I've seen use them so far has just been killing people who like to RP or do their jobs, none of the people they kill ever have purpose towards their objectives as traitors and like 10% of the people using them seem to ever achieve green text.
Megan Hatler

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:24 am #130796

Sceptiles wrote:Image
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Xhuis
Github User

Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Postby Xhuis » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:18 am #130806

I like holoparasites. It lets you be part of a team, and it feels a lot better to accomplish something that way even if it's easier.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay

wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity

ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.

CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.

wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay

IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.

wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL

Cheimon

Postby Cheimon » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:05 pm #130836

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Sceptiles wrote:Image

That is literally the purpose of this thread. Being salty. It's not clever commentary.

On topic, AIs that decide to get all up in my business about how I do my job. I don't tell you how to shock doors, machine, so don't tell me how to do my things. You've almost never got the full picture, anyway.

Actually, anyone that decides to bitch about how other people do their jobs without cause at all. I don't mean if you're genuinely affected by it, but if you're just a bystander and you decide to insult people, fuck off. Actually I've noticed this particularly as cook: people decide the only roleplay they can do is insulting the food, so they roll up, bitch about everything on the table ("this pasta's cold! this pizza smells strange!"), and then leave. What was the point of that? Just being mean?

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Postby Super Aggro Crag » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:55 pm #130852

>have an ss13 dream where a head of security is an incompetent shitter who keeps trying to arrest me during ops, completely ignoring the syndies and chasing me when I have done nothing wrong, leaving me cuffbuckled in chairs and stuff
>wake up super pissed off and go to write a ban request
>remember it was only a dream so I can't get his ass job banned because he's not even a real person, his beyond tag was some weird ass letters and punctuation

FUCK

Gun Hog

Byond Username: Gun Hog

Postby Gun Hog » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:15 pm #131250

I have probably said this many times before, but:
- Cargo players / HoP who deny Science a Combat Shotguns crate.
- Security players that do not accept superior weaponry from Science.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat