Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by Swindly » #277041

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cyborgs can't screw up surgery.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #280582

Ashwalkers can use the bowl in the IV drip in ashwalker base to dispense gutlunch (the beetle things) milk & salbutomol faster into themselves without drinking.

Also when you set the IV drip to draw blood, you can drain your own blood into the bowl, and feed plant soil trays back to 10/10 nutriment with 10 blood, salbutomol from the gutlunches in your system with refresh your blood levels. So farming weeds is infinite, especially if you resow seeds by using the portable seed extractor bag in the ruin (its also a good way to get wood and wooden objects)

> To stop people fighting over the bowl, craft more bowls out of mushrooms on the tribal crafting menu.

Spoiler:
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #280646

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Ashwalkers can use the bowl in the IV drip in ashwalker base to dispense gutlunch (the beetle things) milk & salbutomol faster into themselves without drinking.

Also when you set the IV drip to draw blood, you can drain your own blood into the bowl, and feed plant soil trays back to 10/10 nutriment with 10 blood, salbutomol from the gutlunches in your system with refresh your blood levels. So farming weeds is infinite, especially if you resow seeds by using the portable seed extractor bag in the ruin (its also a good way to get wood and wooden objects)

> To stop people fighting over the bowl, craft more bowls out of mushrooms on the tribal crafting menu.
Those mushroom bowls are sadly not as functional as a normal bowl.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #280765

you can put chems in cigarettes, and also you can light a cigarette by clicking on your model, instead of the actual cigarette.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #280822

Nilons wrote:you can put chems in cigarettes, and also you can light a cigarette by clicking on your model, instead of the actual cigarette.
I miss the days of playing detective and injecting my smokes with hyperzine.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #280839

On that note, Vape w/ Miner's Salve = permastun, handy way to keep down a prisoner in a fun and original way, and unlike n2o he can still talk and hear so it's not just pseudodeath.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #280850

XDTM wrote:and unlike n2o he can still talk and hear
What's the point, then?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #280861

cedarbridge wrote:
Nilons wrote:you can put chems in cigarettes, and also you can light a cigarette by clicking on your model, instead of the actual cigarette.
I do this but as a regular sec officer and with a 45u tricord 45u atropine split
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #280948

cedarbridge wrote:
rip loading up on 1000u of hyperzine
trekchem did NOTHIGN WRONG
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #282834

Tiles can be replaced instantly without having to lever up the old tiles first. Hold a crowbar in one hand, and the replacement tile in the active hand. One click does both actions at once.
ImageImageImage
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #282868

MimicFaux wrote:Tiles can be replaced instantly without having to lever up the old tiles first. Hold a crowbar in one hand, and the replacement tile in the active hand. One click does both actions at once.
I don't like when people post recent changes (last month or so) in this thread.
not just you, lots of people do it but it's dumb just read the github you slackers.
私は完璧
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #283085

Remie Richards wrote:not just you, lots of people do it but it's dumb just read the github you slackers.
>maintainer
>lives on github
>expects the majority of people to even know what a github is, let alone how to parse code/read a changelog
Limey wrote:its too late.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #283169

I keep relatively close eye on the changelog and github, but I'm not around 100% of the time and miss things.
I discovered the above mentioned feature by accident while laying down some grass turf and was pleasantly surprised. It might be technically a repost, but sometimes saying something twice is how you get it heard.
ImageImageImage
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #285807

When blood mixes with blood, the new blood gets the blood type of the old blood, so you can make an infinite amount of O- blood by putting one unit of it in a beaker and then putting any other kind of blood in.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285861

Swindly wrote:When blood mixes with blood, the new blood gets the blood type of the old blood, so you can make an infinite amount of O- blood by putting one unit of it in a beaker and then putting any other kind of blood in.
Sounds like a bug or a extreme oversight.

Spoiler:
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #285996

I've never seen anyone ever talk about it, but in a recent PR i looked at the improvised shotgun code and apparantly you can use cable coil on it to attach a sling, letting it be put on the back
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #286055

If you are an admin and want to punish someone, give them a cursed heart. A cursed heart requires the owner to pump it manually or they die of bloodloss.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286130

If you have been punished with a cursed heart, beg xenobio for a green slime, and become a bloodless race (golem, abductor, skeleton, android) to prevent bloodloss damage AND have a powerful heal on demand.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #286324

XDTM wrote:If you have been punished with a cursed heart, beg xenobio for a green slime, and become a bloodless race (golem, abductor, skeleton, android) to prevent bloodloss damage AND have a powerful heal on demand.
ding dong
Limey wrote:its too late.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #286375

Qbopper wrote:
XDTM wrote:If you have been punished with a cursed heart, beg xenobio for a green slime, and become a bloodless race (golem, abductor, skeleton, android) to prevent bloodloss damage AND have a powerful heal on demand.
ding dong
I'd probably just BSA them at that point tbh
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286390

cedarbridge wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
ding dong
I'd probably just BSA them at that point tbh
If you become a mummy you revive after dying AND don't suffer from bloodloss!
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #286401

Mummies (cloth golems) are flammable though and burning the pile out of your generally fragile body will kill you. Its actually a good ghetto lich for wizard apprentices with knock & mindswap.

Spoiler:
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #286418

Does that really work? Health scanners register the slime jelly as xenobio blood, removing that jelly makes your legs and arms drop off.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #286465

Green slimes can turn you into other races if you make unstable slime toxin, instead of slimeperson toxin. Thus golems, abductors, etc.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

scoobydoo
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by scoobydoo » #287651

you can shit cheese if you eat milk and universal enzyme
Fiz Bump
Byond Username: Dennyb

Post by Fiz Bump » #287663

scoobydoo wrote:you can shit cheese if you eat milk and universal enzyme
It's more that the cheese explodes out of your mouth.
Along the same train of thought though, cult chemists can implant a potassium pill into their tooth and activate it when they are getting holy water converted in the brig to allahu ackbar the chaplain/security.
I play Fiz Bump.
I am not a game admin. My reign of badminnery ended a few years ago.View me feedback here: >:^)
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #287701

With the new language system, a traitor AI and it's synced cyborgs can communicate via AI private in their audio encoded language if an unsynced cyborg is in existence. All a cyborg needs to do is open up their radio settings in the bottom right corner, enable subspace transmission and change the frequency to 144.7
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #287709

if you hit the little x in the topright corner you have more fun
Signature Memes

scoobydoo
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by scoobydoo » #287826

you want to fuck with someone real good? flash/pie-in-face/tase/stun someone, put them inside a body bag and then put something that triggers when someone steps on it, like a bear trap, some soap, a banana peel, a proximity-sensored bomb, anything you want - when they get out they will trigger the object in the tile automatically.

if you put soap down on the same tile they will never be able to get out
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #287830

scoobydoo wrote:you want to fuck with someone real good? flash/pie-in-face/tase/stun someone, put them inside a body bag and then put something that triggers when someone steps on it, like a bear trap, some soap, a banana peel, a proximity-sensored bomb, anything you want - when they get out they will trigger the object in the tile automatically.

does this require you to rezip them every time?
Signature Memes

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287939

aren't body bags just foldable closets?
can't you do the same with a closet, then?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #287945

You can wrench closed closets to the ground and unwrench static one, i just thought that there were some static closet types, not that you could move them by such mortal means.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #288066

I wrench every closet I find that's near an airlock because of how annoying it is when they get moved around by space
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #288097

if you put someone in a bluespace body bag you can then fold the bag with them inside and damn them for eternity
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #288112

well no they can resist out, breaking the bag

fun fact, tho, you can fit 15 mobs into a bluespace bodybag

if you're an active xenobiologist you can get 15 adult slimes and some red rage in a fairly short time. Add in a plasmafire from an orange slime, so the slimes heal, and protect yourself with green slimes (for friendslimes) and dark blue slimes (fire immunity) and you've got the recipe for mass murder in a bag.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #288158

No idea since when, but paper has formatting help now.

Spoiler:
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #288220

scoobydoo wrote:you want to fuck with someone real good? flash/pie-in-face/tase/stun someone, put them inside a body bag and then put something that triggers when someone steps on it, like a bear trap, some soap, a banana peel, a proximity-sensored bomb, anything you want - when they get out they will trigger the object in the tile automatically.

been doing this for years now, never gets old as a good prank

speaking of old tips, if you need to hide something find an out-of-the-way garbage chute and turn it off before putting your item in it. unless a player looks closely and realizes that it has the light on for having something in it people will never notice. to get it back out just click the "eject contents" button. very useful for the greyshit legionnaire needing to hide sec gear he swiped from that slipped officer or any "hot" items in particular if you know that you have pork on your tail

also, if you want to seal off an area from idiots wrench one of the locker room lockers in front of it. anyone can open it but most people dont know how.
Spoiler:
i did this a while ago by putting one in front of all the arrivals shuttle airlocks, got bwoinked after a bunch of people died but the admin said it was pretty funny
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #288227

>not knowing how to open the locker room lockers

alternatively, may i suggest putting down a personal locker for that extra-special access?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #288235

Spacemen don't have assholes.

Dont ask me why we have toilets tho.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #288236

The Clowns Pocket wrote:
because you can give people swirlies with them / hide stuff in them you donk
DemonFiren wrote:>not knowing how to open the locker room lockers
i'll take pubbies for 500, alex
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #288245

The Clowns Pocket wrote:Spacemen don't have assholes.

They need them to vomit in when they get drunk & obviously swirlies.

Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #288329

The Clowns Pocket wrote:Spacemen don't have assholes.
log archaeology disproves this

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #288333

Nanotrasen removed unnecessary bodily functions like excretion, sweating, sleep and empathy from its employees to improve efficiency during the cloning process. They're also incredibly cheap and haven't updated their station designs to remove the unused toilets, showers and beds from their stations.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #289741

Anonmare wrote:Nanotrasen removed unnecessary bodily functions like excretion, sweating, sleep and empathy from its employees to improve efficiency during the cloning process. They're also incredibly cheap and haven't updated their station designs to remove the unused toilets, showers and beds from their stations.
I want to put the SHIT in SHITcurity
Swindly

Post by Swindly » #291803

When uranium walls and floors radiate, they make adjacent uranium walls and floors radiate.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #291873

Swindly wrote:When uranium walls and floors radiate, they make adjacent uranium walls and floors radiate.
You too can roleplay MGS4 with your very own MICROWAVE HALLWAY*!

*note the radiation is actually gamma rays.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #291874

Dr_bee wrote:
Swindly wrote:When uranium walls and floors radiate, they make adjacent uranium walls and floors radiate.
You too can roleplay MGS4 with your very own MICROWAVE HALLWAY*!

*note the radiation is actually gamma rays.
radiation is any type of light wave packed closer together than the visible spectrum, not just gamma
Signature Memes

Swindly

Post by Swindly » #291914

CosmicScientist wrote: Oh and to be a tosser about English too, look up the definition of radiate:
  1. emit (energy, especially light or heat) in the form of rays or waves.
  2. diverge or spread from or as if from a central point.
Your dictionary may vary but that's the most likely description!
The definition of radiate() I was using is as follows:

Code: Select all

/turf/closed/wall/mineral/uranium/proc/radiate()
	if(!active)
		if(world.time > last_event+15)
			active = 1
			radiation_pulse(get_turf(src), 3, 3, 4, 0)
			for(var/turf/closed/wall/mineral/uranium/T in orange(1,src))
				T.radiate()
			last_event = world.time
			active = null
			return
	return
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #291919

You folks took a shitty MGS5 reference and took it a bit far, wow. And this is the same game where space is cold and you can treat 3rd degree burns with bengay.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #291930

CosmicScientist wrote:I have no clue what MGS had with a microwave hallway because that radiation, last I checked, just excites water particles
It excites all polarized molecules, which includes water molecules.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #291934

Dr_bee wrote:You folks took a shitty MGS5 reference and took it a bit far, wow. And this is the same game where space is cold and you can treat 3rd degree burns with bengay.
mgs4 get it right you fucko
Signature Memes