General SS13 Chat
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by cedarbridge » #45573

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cipher3 wrote:
Braincake wrote:three Heads of Security during revolution or what-have-you
90% sure only roundstart heads matter for objectives, for the record.
Not anymore apparently.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #45580

cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Not anymore apparently.
Yeah, that got changed, they're all targets now. Enjoy signing up as a head and getting mobstomped before you even enter your department.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #45673

Braincake wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Not anymore apparently.
Yeah, that got changed, they're all targets now. Enjoy signing up as a head and getting mobstomped before you even enter your department.
>implying that didn't happen before this change
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45681

Kraso wrote:
Braincake wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Not anymore apparently.
>implying that didn't happen before this change
Except it actually matters now.
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #45777

Fill a chemical implant with medicine and synaptanize. Distribute to officers. They can activate the implant while being stunned and getting beaten to death. This gives them a chance to fight back, run away or yell for help even against surprise stuns.

It's really OP but not nerfed yet because no one does this since it requires both the knowledge of it and cooperation between chemistry and security.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #45779

Wait, you can activate chem implants yourself? I thought they were only activatable from prison management console.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #45781

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Wait, you can activate chem implants yourself? I thought they were only activatable from prison management console.
They have to call out for the warden to activate it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #45784

cedarbridge wrote:
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Wait, you can activate chem implants yourself? I thought they were only activatable from prison management console.
They have to call out for the warden to activate it.
Nope, if you've been implanted with a chem implant you can manually activate it. A icon appears on the top left of your screen.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #45968

Deathgasping has always activated chem implants. And if you're not in crit, it doesn't actually kill you. Now though, implants have the GUI buttons instead.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #47379

Not exactly game changing, but good to know for bartenders. Drinks such as the three mile island iced tea and singulo are actually not inherently poisonous in any way. The poison damage comes from excess radium or uranium not used to create the drink. This can be avoided by only mixing exact quantities of radioactive ingredients, which will usually require a dropper, or mixing a batch of the drink and removing the extra ingredients with a chem master (if you have access to one)
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #47392

Wyzack wrote:Not exactly game changing, but good to know for bartenders. Drinks such as the three mile island iced tea and singulo are actually not inherently poisonous in any way. The poison damage comes from excess radium or uranium not used to create the drink. This can be avoided by only mixing exact quantities of radioactive ingredients, which will usually require a dropper, or mixing a batch of the drink and removing the extra ingredients with a chem master (if you have access to one)
Might have been mentioned before, but may as well mention it again.
Get your shotgun. Go get shotgun darts from Science. (Science is usually cool with the bartender, and you can even potentially get them to make you tech shells)
Now, make Beepsky Smash or Neurotoxin, and fill your shotgun darts with it. Beepsky Smash is easier to make since it only requires iron, neurotoxin I believe is somewhat stronger and knocks the person down. (With all the bonuses of knock down, like dropping items).

These two are basically the Bartender's version of Chloral Hydrate.
Addendum: I am unsure as to whether shotgun darts bypass E-sword deflection, however syringes do last time I tried. If you're a Chemist/CMO/Bartender when some ass is running around with an e-sword and reflecting everything, grab a syringe gun and some neurotoxin and pew pew them. I also believe both Beepsky Smash and Neurotoxin are both harmless, whereas Chloral Hydrate can cause damage in higher doses.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #47393

eswords only reflect energy projectiles last I checked. That's an awesome idea regarding the dart shells, though, I need to try that.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #47394

fleure wrote:eswords only reflect energy projectiles last I checked. That's an awesome idea regarding the dart shells, though, I need to try that.
I was once applauded by the HoS for attempting to kill him with Beepsky Smash, it was ultimately a failed attempt since a Sec Officer just happened to stroll by at that exact moment, but he was impressed that I had weaponized drinks to kill him.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #47395

I believe eswords can deflect most projectiles (syringes and such) because they're technically shields, but dual eswords automatically reflect all energy based projectiles (on top of being shields).
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #47479

e-swords can BLOCK anything (low chance) dual e-swords REFLECT energy projectiles (including e-bow) 100% of the time. So as long as your target isn't bioproof (hardsuit/biosuit etc), a beepsky smash dart is the best stun in the game. One dart hold 30u, which is enough to stun someone for over a minute. Also they're made from the autolathe, so you can usually just bug cargo and get some.

My favorite combo is beepsky smash dart and an incendiary slug. You double tap fuckers, beepsky smash stuns them but doesn't make them fall over, then you set them on fire, and the stun is so long they'll burn to death before it wears off.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #47508

I wonder if Beepsky smash could be made into a grenade. You think poly acid grenades are bad imagine breathing in beepsky smash.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #47510

When I tried making neurotoxin smoke grenades, I found they had a disappointing level of effect. Although beepsky smash and neuro are both still alcoholic, so they'll make you flammable, amusing if the person is smoking.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #47512

lumipharon wrote:When I tried making neurotoxin smoke grenades, I found they had a disappointing level of effect. Although beepsky smash and neuro are both still alcoholic, so they'll make you flammable, amusing if the person is smoking.
Both can also be used in a spray bottle, if you're looking for a robust replacement for polyacid.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #47520

Wait what really? Spraying the drink on a persons skin is the same as injesting it? That seems retarded. Like really dumb.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #47529

touch is not the same as ingest. I don't know if spray bottle causes ingest, but I know that smash doesn't work with touch reaction.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #47530

Just wondering, how robust it is to put the cigar loaded with beepsky smash/ mutetoxin/ polyacid in mouth of your target.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #47571

qwert wrote:Just wondering, how robust it is to put the cigar loaded with beepsky smash/ mutetoxin/ polyacid in mouth of your target.
I tried this once, for fun, with some zombie powder. Subject falls down instantly, not even a chance to do anything. I imagine other reagents are equally speedy. Depending on how much Uranium you can get, zombie powder might even be more effective than mutetoxin, since it both mutes and stuns the target instantly. Even a small amount in a cigarette is enough for taking off the headset and cuffing them.

A sufficiently motivated traitor Bartender (or anyone else, really) might hope for some carp, get a knife, grind some carp fillets, persuade the chemists for the rest, mix up some zombie powder, add some horrible drinks, dip a cig, and try to give the target a smoke.
fleure

Post by fleure » #47635

Braincake wrote:
qwert wrote:Just wondering, how robust it is to put the cigar loaded with beepsky smash/ mutetoxin/ polyacid in mouth of your target.
I tried this once, for fun, with some zombie powder. Subject falls down instantly, not even a chance to do anything. I imagine other reagents are equally speedy. Depending on how much Uranium you can get, zombie powder might even be more effective than mutetoxin, since it both mutes and stuns the target instantly. Even a small amount in a cigarette is enough for taking off the headset and cuffing them.

A sufficiently motivated traitor Bartender (or anyone else, really) might hope for some carp, get a knife, grind some carp fillets, persuade the chemists for the rest, mix up some zombie powder, add some horrible drinks, dip a cig, and try to give the target a smoke.
I gotta say, as someone who plays chef and bartender a lot, poisining someone isn't easy, mostly because it feels like a 5% chance your target ever bother to come for your food/drink, and then you have to make sure they eat/drink the tainted item, else your cover gets blown quick. You can stun/kill some random bored greyshirt who comes in, but it's not as fun. Getting someone to smoke your poisoned cig is probably just as difficult, but I've never really tried.
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #47637

fleure wrote:
Braincake wrote:

I gotta say, as someone who plays chef and bartender a lot, poisining someone isn't easy, mostly because it feels like a 5% chance your target ever bother to come for your food/drink, and then you have to make sure they eat/drink the tainted item, else your cover gets blown quick. You can stun/kill some random bored greyshirt who comes in, but it's not as fun. Getting someone to smoke your poisoned cig is probably just as difficult, but I've never really tried.
Generally the best way to poison them with food/alcohol/cigarettes are if you give them directly to the person (Hey, Captain! Have this totally not drugged Cigar!) however the downside to this is if they survive, they know exactly who to lynch.
qwert

Post by qwert » #47643

Bar/ kitchen are right NEXT TO MEDBAY and also they are in high traffic area, so poisoning someone is possible by stuff of prolonged action( which only badger has), but this is also blocked by HELP! and suit sensors.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #47651

It's also pretty shit for antags, now that you can examine and see exactly what reagents are in a glass. Before this wasn't visible,so you could poison drinks and people wouldn't know.
ZangoZett

Post by ZangoZett » #47654

Guys stop talking about Beepsky Smash on the forums or else everyone will start using it and it'll get nerfed
fleure

Post by fleure » #47655

The New Meta™
qwert

Post by qwert » #47657

Not more then 10 % of players read the forums anyway, bruh.

> Slimes can talk! Also in code its written, that you can order them around, but this does not happen.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47749

qwert wrote:Not more then 10 % of players read the forums anyway, bruh.

> Slimes can talk! Also in code its written, that you can order them around, but this does not happen.
Slimes follow simple commands. There's very few things they understand, but you can order them to follow you if you have befriended them to a certain level. They also respond when you talk to them. "Hello slimes~"
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #47975

EMPs can be used while riding disposals, in the area you are riding through.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #47980

I wonder if chem nades are.
Feretal
Byond Username: Feretal

Post by Feretal » #47987

Anything you can throw works in disposals. Cleaner grenades, poly acid nades, minibombs.

Also, apparently lockers are magical so thermals can't see through them. Even though they can see through r-walls and anything else

Locker hiding best tactic ever
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #48076

Spraybottles and Guns work like extinguishers do for propelling you through places without gravity.

Which means the Proto-Kinetic Accelerator is an infinite charge space maneuvering tool. Useful.
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #48079

You can throw things at electrified grills to break them. I use this to escape easily on asteroid station, using the fire extinguisher above the desk to break the glass and grill(And I swear if I see any meta gaming wardens/Hos players taking the extinguisher at round start I am going to freak out)
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #48081

Glass shards break grills in 2 throws.
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #48086

So does the extinguisher which you need to break the window.
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #48216

You can use pepperspray as a makeshift jetpack, just like the fire extinguisher.
Whatup
moyogo

Post by moyogo » #48221

The AI core fits in a bodybag.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #48226

Rumpelstiltskin3 wrote:You can use pepperspray as a makeshift jetpack, just like the fire extinguisher.
Well the sec belt suddenly became realy robust
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #48235

FrostFenex wrote:You can throw things at electrified grills to break them. I use this to escape easily on asteroid station, using the fire extinguisher above the desk to break the glass and grill(And I swear if I see any meta gaming wardens/Hos players taking the extinguisher at round start I am going to freak out)
One time when I was in jail a guy broke the window outside of my cell and died from the shock. I took the shard and had a wild idea to throw it onto the grille. That's how I learned it. Neat.
qwert

Post by qwert » #48250

Now flamethrower fires not only plasma, so you can load plasma tank of flamethrower with 50 percent of N02 and 50 % of plasma to combine flamethrower with instant knockdown ( thats fun, trust me) , you can use it as nonlethal takedown weapon with just N02, it can become your invisible death ray with 90000 celsium C02 or freeze ray with superchilled oxygen, so many new possibilities.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #48254

qwert wrote:Now flamethrower fires not only plasma, so you can load plasma tank of flamethrower with 50 percent of N02 and 50 % of plasma to combine flamethrower with instant knockdown ( thats fun, trust me) , you can use it as nonlethal takedown weapon with just N02, it can become your invisible death ray with 90000 celsium C02 or freeze ray with superchilled oxygen, so many new possibilities.
Just remember that even if you're shooting non-flammable gas, you still need to attach an igniter and turn the flame on before you can shoot.
Also cold nitrogen is the most robust firefighting tool in existence.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #48268

FrostFenex wrote:You can throw things at electrified grills to break them. I use this to escape easily on asteroid station, using the fire extinguisher above the desk to break the glass and grill(And I swear if I see any meta gaming wardens/Hos players taking the extinguisher at round start I am going to freak out)
By cycling hotkey R, click, click, hotkey R, click, click etc. you can throw objects repeatedly and quickly from one tile away.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #48281

As atmos or scientist, one can become retardedly robust by making custom gas mix flamethrowers. Any robust flamethrower enthusiast should have all of the following:
>Supercooled N2 flamethrower: if you need to slow someone, just spray this. It acts like sticky-tiles with that added bonus of causing damage. N2 is the best for freezing an area because it is not filtered by scrubbers and is retardedly hard to heat up. It's less effective against targets that are wearing armor and helmets.
>Superheated co2 flamethrower: if you need to block of an area or kill people discreetly, use this. The advantage of this over plasmathrower is that its invisible, so its more stealthy to spray, and can quite possibly invite someone to walk through it and die because it looks just like regular air.
>superheated o2 & plasma flamethrower: For when you want fire now. This will make an area uninhabitable untill the room is cooled, but rooms are easy to cool. The main use of this is yakety saxing. You can set someone on fire, forcing them to waste some time resisting, and as a bonus you will keep them away from the sprayed area. If you spray it at sec while you have an atmos suit on, you can just walk right into the fire area and escape them. Always try to set atleast one sec officer on fire. Be warned, this mix is VERY HOT.
>superheated no2: Like room temperature no2 but has the bonus of spreading very quickly and also doing damage. It's much more useful than room temperature no2 because the rapidly expanding gas will give the people chasing you less time to react. This is probably the most effective yakety sax gas, but its equally as effective for an ambush. This WILL clog scrubbers.
>Supercooled no2 flamethrower (optional): If you would prefer to use no2 for ambushing only, I advise supercooling it rather than superheating it. Slowing down your enemy to you level is obviously useful in an ambush. You will probably have to spray twice as much to get enough gas to reach them to knock them out. Avoid if you have a limited supply of gas. Scrubbers do not filter this well.
>superheated no2 plasma flamethrower: This is the mix to use before there are atmos problems. Ringing in toxin, oxygen deprivation, burn, and pressure damage, this flamethrower does the largest variety of damage types, but doesn't necessarily do the most damage. To someone that isnt wearing temperature resistant armor, some of the other flamethrowers are more powerful. When the station has oxygen, this flamemix is the best all-purpose mix. Although it lacks some of the niche functions the other flamethrowers has, it accomplishes a little of everything the other flamethrowers do except for slowing. In a situation without oxygen however, it is completely useless because everyone would be wearing a gasmask. Avoid using this late round.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #48297

deathhoof wrote:useful flamethrower advice
it's N2O not no2
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #48400

If you're infected with xenoism and there are no ghosts to be the larva (including yourself) then you won't pop. This means that mass infecting monkies won't produce braindead larva...

It also means that if someone dies after monkies are put into the xeno pen, it could be hours later but a larva will pop...

I just spent a round playing whack-a-mole.
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #50147

1) get pun pun from the bartender, ask nicely or bring him a good cup of robust coffee
2) bring him to geneticist lab and put him into a DNA scanner
3) save his buffer just in case
4) Get a fellow geneticist to save your buffer while you stuff yourself in the scanner or get a volunteer
5) now that you got an human buffer saved on the console, put spoon spoon back in the scanner and click occupiant on the buffer of the human scanned for SE, UI but NOT UE
6) drag your sex sla- humanized monkey back to the bartender
7) watch as he cries in horror

Literally changes your whole look at science.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #50277

A fully upgraded cloner can clone ling husks.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #51565

Spray cleaner can be a jetpack.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #51718

Space exposure can eventually dessicate bodies, as can extreme and prolonged temperatures.

In other words, some of the husks you find might be cloneable anyway. It's always worth a check.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.