Little things you learned that are game changing

General SS13 Chat
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Little things you learned that are game changing

Post by somerandomguy » #462776

Bottom post of the previous page:

confused rock wrote:Fuck off, dorsid. Yes, they could’ve avoided slipping, but you could just help them up. Pointing at the sign is like if someone fell down the stairs and broke their arm and you pointed at the handrail instead of calling an ambulance. This is why people dislkke janitors.
If someone broke their arm by falling down clearly labeled stairs in ss13 people would just laugh and/or point at the handrail
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #462789

confused rock wrote:Fuck off, dorsid. Yes, they could’ve avoided slipping, but you could just help them up. Pointing at the sign is like if someone fell down the stairs and broke their arm and you pointed at the handrail instead of calling an ambulance. This is why people dislkke janitors.
You mean creating constant inconveniences for the entire station and then acting smug about it makes people hate you?
I refuse to believe such utter nonsense.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #462920

-> :wetfloorsign:
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #462962

Would you prefer a crisp thumbs up?
Attachments
14.jpg
14.jpg (55.89 KiB) Viewed 10428 times
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
chesquatt
Byond Username: CheSquatt

Post by chesquatt » #468123

being able to do 85% of all surgeries with basically just a shard of glass and wirecutters.
Chopin's Op. 9 No. 2
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #470078

If your internals are empty and you can't afford to breathe in whatever's flooding the place (i.e. N2O) you can turn on your empty internals and use an epipen to survive long enough to find another tank
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #470466

Tip of the round told me that if you use 50/50 oxygen/tritium in a collector, radiation can produce research points.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #470581

That even when you want orange, it will give you lemon-lime.
Even though he knows that I like orange
Spoiler:
Though this is useful when playing as changeling to get low-key changeling stings by ordering screwdrivers from the bar and mixing them after the fact
► Show Spoiler
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #470597

The lemon lime thing is my favorite thing ever, I remember my early days panicking on LLA cuz I couldn't find orange soda to cure my disease until I learned star-kist is orange soda, it's the kind of stupid charm that would never be added to the game nowadays.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #517480

The drink "Grey Bull" gives you shock immunity while it's metabolising in you.
Vodka slowly purges radiation in everyone, while a screwdriver cocktail will greatly remove radiation from engineers, atmos techs and the CE at a rate comparable to pentetic acid.
Hooch heals assistants of brute and burn damage.
Cuba libres heal revolutionaries of brute/burn/toxin/oxy damage.
Bloody Marys heal bloodloss very rapidly.
Brave Bull increases your max HP by 10.
Tequila Sunrise makes you glow while it's in you.
Manly Dorfs have very little boozepower on people with the Dwarfism mutation and Alcohol Tolerance trait, in addition, people who possess the trait and mutation are healed of brute and burn at a moderate pace.
Demon's Blood prevents a slaughter demon from taking the body of anyone who has the reagent in them. Devil's Kiss will allow them to take the body, but the body will damage the demon and not heal it.
Changeling Stings regenerate changeling chemical rapidly
Neurotoxin will paralyse a drinker's limbs, deal stamina damage and deal brain damage, after 30 cycles, the damage is doubled. After 50 cycles, there is a 1 in 2 chance of a heart attack.
Quadruple and Quintuple Sec heal security members. Quadruple sec heals brute damage rapidly and burn slowly, while Quintuple heals everything extremely rapidly.
Sugar Rush will increase your satiety.
An Alexander will increase the block chance of shield by 10% if you were carrying it when you first drank it. If you drop/lose the shield, the drink is immediately purged from your system.
An Oldtimer will increase someone's age by 1 at a 20% chance per cycle when it is in their system. If their age increases by 70, their hair colour automatically changes. If their age increases by 100 they immediately become near-sighted and males grow a long beard. If their age increases by 969 - They die and their body is dusted.
Nuka Cola gives you ephredine speed without the side effects.

Bartenders can get materials for their drinks via the service lathe, just access the material storage and eject the materials you need and then grind it in your backroom. 1 sheet = 20u of reagents.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #517483

Anonmare wrote:The drink "Grey Bull" gives you shock immunity while it's metabolising in you.
Vodka slowly purges radiation in everyone, while a screwdriver cocktail will greatly remove radiation from engineers, atmos techs and the CE at a rate comparable to pentetic acid.
Hooch heals assistants of brute and burn damage.
Cuba libres heal revolutionaries of brute/burn/toxin/oxy damage.
Bloody Marys heal bloodloss very rapidly.
Brave Bull increases your max HP by 10.
Tequila Sunrise makes you glow while it's in you.
Manly Dorfs have very little boozepower on people with the Dwarfism mutation and Alcohol Tolerance trait, in addition, people who possess the trait and mutation are healed of brute and burn at a moderate pace.
Demon's Blood prevents a slaughter demon from taking the body of anyone who has the reagent in them. Devil's Kiss will allow them to take the body, but the body will damage the demon and not heal it.
Changeling Stings regenerate changeling chemical rapidly
Neurotoxin will paralyse a drinker's limbs, deal stamina damage and deal brain damage, after 30 cycles, the damage is doubled. After 50 cycles, there is a 1 in 2 chance of a heart attack.
Quadruple and Quintuple Sec heal security members. Quadruple sec heals brute damage rapidly and burn slowly, while Quintuple heals everything extremely rapidly.
Sugar Rush will increase your satiety.
An Alexander will increase the block chance of shield by 10% if you were carrying it when you first drank it. If you drop/lose the shield, the drink is immediately purged from your system.
An Oldtimer will increase someone's age by 1 at a 20% chance per cycle when it is in their system. If their age increases by 70, their hair colour automatically changes. If their age increases by 100 they immediately become near-sighted and males grow a long beard. If their age increases by 969 - They die and their body is dusted.
Nuka Cola gives you ephredine speed without the side effects.

Bartenders can get materials for their drinks via the service lathe, just access the material storage and eject the materials you need and then grind it in your backroom. 1 sheet = 20u of reagents.
Did the bartender just replace the normal chem bois post cobychem?
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #517505

Reyn wrote:Did the bartender just replace the normal chem bois post cobychem?
dont say anything or cobby will nerf.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #517506

You can mount energy weapons in emitters.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #517509

I'm a bit late learning this, but I learnt there are Hotkeys or... well... combinations of keys and clicks for ais to open/close, bolt/unbolt, or Turn on/off emergency access on doors. Real lifesaver when I have to let people in or out, or prevent a random greyshit from breaking into armoury.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #517510

Reyn wrote:I'm a bit late learning this, but I learnt there are Hotkeys or... well... combinations of keys and clicks for ais to open/close, bolt/unbolt, or Turn on/off emergency access on doors. Real lifesaver when I have to let people in or out, or prevent a random greyshit from breaking into armoury.
I think you mean "surreptitiously disable force sensors to crush a nosy HoS to death"
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #517520

Reyn wrote:I'm a bit late learning this, but I learnt there are Hotkeys or... well... combinations of keys and clicks for ais to open/close, bolt/unbolt, or Turn on/off emergency access on doors. Real lifesaver when I have to let people in or out, or prevent a random greyshit from breaking into armoury.
Turret control panels have hotkeys too. Alt-click to toggle lethals, Ctrl-click to toggle on/off.
Ayebee123
Byond Username: Ayebee123

Post by Ayebee123 » #517523

Anonmare wrote:Brave Bull increases your max HP by 10.
wait, really? never knew this, does the effect only last as long as it's in your body?
[insert funny stuff here]

i play the guy who's scared of bees and the dark, also known as Abe Merc.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #517524

Ayebee123 wrote:
wait, really? never knew this, does the effect only last as long as it's in your body?

Code: Select all

/datum/reagent/consumable/ethanol/brave_bull/on_mob_metabolize(mob/living/M)
	tough_text = pick("brawny", "tenacious", "tough", "hardy", "sturdy") //Tuff stuff
	to_chat(M, "<span class='notice'>You feel [tough_text]!</span>")
	M.maxHealth += 10 //Brave Bull makes you sturdier, and thus capable of withstanding a tiny bit more punishment.
	M.health += 10

/datum/reagent/consumable/ethanol/brave_bull/on_mob_end_metabolize(mob/living/M)
	to_chat(M, "<span class='notice'>You no longer feel [tough_text].</span>")
	M.maxHealth -= 10
	M.health = min(M.health - 10, M.maxHealth) //This can indeed crit you if you're alive solely based on alchol ingestion
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #517526

Anonmare wrote:
Ayebee123 wrote:

tough_text = pick("brawny", "tenacious", "tough", "hardy", "sturdy") //Tuff stuff
	M.maxHealth += 10 //Brave Bull makes you sturdier, and thus capable of withstanding a tiny bit more punishment.
	M.health += 10

/datum/reagent/consumable/ethanol/brave_bull/on_mob_end_metabolize(mob/living/M)
	M.maxHealth -= 10
	M.health = min(M.health - 10, M.maxHealth) //This can indeed crit you if you're alive solely based on alchol ingestion
Since this is a hardcoded effect, I wonder if there's a way to abuse this to get more than 10 or less than 0 bonus HP.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #517528

Sandshark808 wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
Ayebee123 wrote:

M.health += 10

M.maxHealth -= 10
Since this is a hardcoded effect, I wonder if there's a way to abuse this to get more than 10 or less than 0 bonus HP.
if you find a way to proc on_mob_metabolize multiple times at a high rate, that'll be a way bigger issue than just exploiting brave bull
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #517619

I'm pretty sure bonus health isn't all that useful on humans, because the point where you go into crit is based off damage taken. I tried to VV edit people to have like 500 health a time or two and it wasn't useful.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #517624

Brave bull does increase the damage it takes to go into crit, could use a bit of a buff though because it's not very useful on it's own and has very high boozepwr, but it's a neat mechanic

I use it in healing mixes to get people out of crit slightly faster
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #517977

I already knew this but it occurs to me other people don't. You can extract the omnizine from a hypospray with a syringe and inject it into a beaker and give it to chem for rstupid amounts of really early strange reagant if the chaplain is similarly cooperative. You only need any amount of the stuff, even 0.1u patches of SR will raise the dead so 30u can turn into 300 patches.

Source: I did this
Deepwoods
Byond Username: Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518348

I just learned about fluorosurfactant. Delving into the possibilities is fun.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518573

You can attatch your seclite to the standard sec helmet.
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518583

Reyn wrote:You can attatch your seclite to the standard sec helmet.
As a miner you can hide your survival knife in your boot.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #518587

Deepwoods wrote:
Reyn wrote:You can attatch your seclite to the standard sec helmet.
As a miner you can hide your survival knife in your boot.
Not only miners boots and not only survivor knives
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518623

Although you may see a chief engineer in their hardsuit most of the time, That doesn't mean they're a well armored target. That's only for melee.

While the chief engineer's hardsuit boasts a slightly impressive 40% Resistance to melee damage, It only has 5% for bullets, 10% for lasers, and 5% for energy.

If you're fighting the CE, use a goddamned gun.
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518629

Tarchonvaagh wrote: Not only miners boots and not only survivor knives
Here's a question, as I never figured it out when I was messing with it. How do you extract the knife from the boot when you need it?
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #518631

Deepwoods wrote:
Tarchonvaagh wrote: Not only miners boots and not only survivor knives
Here's a question, as I never figured it out when I was messing with it. How do you extract the knife from the boot when you need it?
Alt click, or pull its sprite to yours, just like with any other container
Also if you examine it and click the hyperlink, it'll show you the list of items you can put in it
zero the big boy
Byond Username: Zero the big boy

Post by zero the big boy » #518668

the uv lamps on suit storage units completely and utterly remove all radiation damage from people at the cost of some burn damages
it's probably going to be the normal strategy for the cmo to jam people in to their suit storage unit once omnizine chems are merged to purge radiation
Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #518670

zero the big boy wrote:the uv lamps on suit storage units completely and utterly remove all radiation damage from people at the cost of some burn damages
it's probably going to be the normal strategy for the cmo to jam people in to their suit storage unit once omnizine chems are merged to purge radiation
This is cool, but also man cobbychem is in a sad place.
Deepwoods

Post by Deepwoods » #518716

zero the big boy wrote:the uv lamps on suit storage units completely and utterly remove all radiation damage from people at the cost of some burn damages
If you hack them, you can make it so they totally destroy anything placed inside. So that may not be the best option.
Reyn

Post by Reyn » #518726

The existence, or at least possibly FORMER existence, Of the ...

Strobe Shield

It's a riot shield with a flash in it. It might not seem like much, but it's more useful than the base riot shield with no penalties.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #518993

Cryo cells consume oxygen, so you can also hook them up to any pipe that supplies enough oxygen. Distro probably won't work, unless it's highly pressurized and contains more oxygen mols than usual.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518997

Denton wrote:Cryo cells consume oxygen, so you can also hook them up to any pipe that supplies enough oxygen. Distro probably won't work, unless it's highly pressurized and contains more oxygen mols than usual.
>not overloading the distro with 1000 kpa oxygen as atmos tech
Pathetic
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #518999

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Denton wrote:Cryo cells consume oxygen, so you can also hook them up to any pipe that supplies enough oxygen. Distro probably won't work, unless it's highly pressurized and contains more oxygen mols than usual.
>not overloading the distro with 1000 kpa oxygen as atmos tech
Pathetic
*disco inferno plays faintly in the background*
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #616116

Extinguishers can be used to activate monkey cubes
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #616122

You can pre click people to make them get instantly get clicked the moment they step on your tile
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #616578

Ian can deliver cargo mail and lay it at people's feet, because corgi's are programmed to retrieve objects to its "owner" based on old name-tagger gimmicks that usually get the HOP killed when said item is a syndicate minibomb.

Spoiler:
datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616701

according to the wiki, you can make shivs to convert into heretic knives. no longer will i have to break into the kitchen or cargo to make my blades.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #616702

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 am according to the wiki, you can make shivs to convert into heretic knives. no longer will i have to break into the kitchen or cargo to make my blades.
you didn't know this? any sharp weapon can be used.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #616704

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 am
datorangebottle wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 am according to the wiki, you can make shivs to convert into heretic knives. no longer will i have to break into the kitchen or cargo to make my blades.
I thought it was literal kitchen knives and that was it. Sheeeit. Hatchets?

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #616705

datorangebottle wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:30 am
yes even hatchets.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #616708

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:31 am
datorangebottle wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:30 am
yes even hatchets.
it technically works with anything thats coded as a subtype of the kitchen knife

this includes bloodletters, plastic knives, shivs, carrot shivs (???), xenobio rainbow knives, the envy knife, ritual knives (not cult daggers), butcher's cleavers, combat knives, bone knives and the curator's hunting knife
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #616710

nianjiilical wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:13 amcarrot shivs (???)
good to hear that this feature is lending itself to emergent gameplay to this very day lol
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #619151

plasma cutter target limbs.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #620427

you can buy a mail bag from the cargo autodrobe to empty mail crates without having to move them off the cargo shuttle

you can also use the mail bag to pick up manifests with one click to easily move them
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620444

cacogen wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:43 am you can buy a mail bag from the cargo autodrobe to empty mail crates without having to move them off the cargo shuttle
yeah but why would you not take the empty mail crates off the shuttle to store things so that you can sell the normal crates that are actually worth something?

Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #620446

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:58 am plasma cutter target limbs.
Holy shit Gupta your right.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #620450

My penis
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.